Cover Girl Brow and Eye Makers

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/3/2013 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am 25 years old and have been using the dark brown version as my brow pencil since I was 15. This is THE BEST pencil for filling in eyebrows. Along the way I've tried numerous other pencils just because (you know how us girls like to buy stuff for no apparent reason) ... and find that they all put way too much product on and look like my eyebrows have been painted over. This pencil is great for making individual strokes along with my eyebrow hairs and filling in the gaps. It stays all day long, the not-too-waxy texture is absolutely perfect for mimicking the look of real hairs.

The ONLY change (or rather, update) that I think Cover Girl should make to this product is based on the fact that I recently tried Maybelline Master Shape. The color was all wrong and left too much excess on my skin (even with the lightest stroke) that couldn't be blended and had to be wiped off. But.... the little mascara brush at the end for blending is FANTASTIC and I use it after applying CG Brow and my eyebrows come out totally groomed and awesome looking. Therefore, if Cover Girl added the little brow brush to the end of these pencils, they'd be more than perfect :)

on 4/16/2013 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I never hear people talking about these, but I really like these pencils for filling in my brows! I use Soft Brown, and I've literally had both pencils for years and continue to use them. Apparently they're meant to be eyeliners too, but I wouldn't use it on my eyelids. They're really soft and waxy, and they're really quick for filling in my brows. I always go over my brows with a brow comb to blend in the color and it always looks really good! They're dirt cheap too; can't beat it! I took off a lippie because you have to sharpen them, and I prefer automatic pencils, but I still love these pencils!

on 3/22/2013 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a BROW liner and works for that. BUT NOT as an eyeliner. It doesn't glide-on well in the eyelid, comes out too fair. This is really no better than a .99 eyeliner you can pickup anywhere. Overall, it's ok as a brow liner only. Will probably not have to buy again for a long time since it comes with two. But by then, I'll likely want to try something else because I'm not too impressed.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this because i desperately needed eyeliner and it was super cheap.
This SUCKS as an eyeline but works GREAT for brows
It does not even appear on the waterline or in the lids and just tugs at this delicate skin
As for the brows it does the job. It does not go on super dark and looks fairly natural even in black
I wouldnt buy for the eyes but for the brows i have bought it in brown

on 12/18/2012 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hate these! They are much too waxy for me. Maybe if you have relatively thick brows to begin with, these would work for you. I have very sparse brows and have to pencil them in while a bit. If I use this product to do that, I end up looking like Groucho Marx.

on 12/15/2012 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using these pencils in Midnight Brown for years now. They come with a sharpener, which is handy, and there are usually two in a package, which is also handy because they don't last very long. I've never used them for eyeliner, and I wouldn't recommend doing so, since the pencil is very hard. They're just a great way to fill in your brows.

on 8/20/2012 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have used these pencils in Soft Brown for years. It's the perfect shade for me because I have dark hair but am pale, and I guess I have a young-looking face because I've never liked harsh brows on me. Most brown pencils are way too dark, and I think I look better with brows a bit lighter than my hair colour. They aren't extremely pigmented, but I guess that's a good thing because, again, they keep my brows looking light and natural. I will continue to buy these because they've always worked for me!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

At first, I was hesitant and didn't really want to buy it. but since it came with a sharpener and 2 pencils for like $4, I thought it'd be okay even if it didn't work well. BUT to my surprise this pencil works so well on my brows. I dyed my hair blonde, and constantly need to fill my brows brown so this pencil in honey brown was really helpful. Before, I used the auto eyebrow pencil from NYX in medium brown, but the CG pencil in honey brown is pretty much the same color and half the price. I really like this pencil, and is very affordable too.

on 1/9/2012 2:26:00 AM

I've been drawing my eyebrows on for a few years now, so I consider myself a bit of a brow pencil connoisseur. This is my favorite-- I've tried plenty of others, but I always go back to this. I use "Midnight Brown" which, admittedly, is a little dark, but the next lightest color is too light/yellow. I make it work by, after drawing on my eyebrows, setting them with skin-toned matte eyeshadow. Then they match pretty well. People don't realize I have "fake" eyebrows unless I tell them, and I really have no eyebrows naturally. It's not like I just fill them in. I like this because it's firmer than a lot of eyebrow pencils, so I can get a nice precise line. Creamier brow pencils are just a disaster for me. Most importantly, this stays on great, especially when set with eyeshadow. My brows stay on all day. If I decide to take a nap during the day (don't judge!), I can leave them on and when I wake up they'll generally look okay (I sleep on my stomach). They might need a little touching up, but they're still there. On the 4th of July this year I even got into a Super Soaker fight and afterwards they looked exactly the same.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've used these pencils for years, though I wish i didnt have to!
But yes i fill in my brows with the brown pencil, and i like this pencil better out of all others bc of its natural color, its staying power, and it doesnt cost alot.
My eyebrows have gone a long way. I went from having to draw on my brows to only slightly shading them in thanks to consistent use of castor oil.
Anyway, ill continue to use this until i fulfill my goal of growing full eyebrows.