September 22, 2014 | 1796 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by mandyaeqtx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love! I use a tablespoon of Greek Gods Traditional Greek Yogurt, a teaspoon of honey, and half a teaspoon of lemon. I mix it all and then I use a synthetic brush to apply an even layer over my entire face except of course my eye area. I wait for it to dry or about 30 minutes. It feels so refreshing and cool when I first apply it. My face is so soft afterwards and my moisturizer goes on smoother. My redness is calmer as well. Definitely reccommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

At first the mask will go on cold, smooth and leave your face glistening and glossy, after 15-30 minute it will mattify. You can add on just more honey or proceed to rinse off. Removing excess mask residue with just lukewarm water and cotton ball or pad will give your skin a bit of a mild exfoliation action. Rinse of with water, do not soap off. Finish off with Avene thermale spring water spray, lightly slap massage your face for 10 minutes
I am feeling my skin as i type thinking, is it even okay for my skin to be this baby soft!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Plain, whole-fat yogurt is easily my favorite natural/homemade beauty item! I really enjoy the cool sensation when first applying to the face, and I don't mind the milk smell as it dries. You only need a little bit (a scant tablespoon) to cover the entire face. A thin layer is all you need, and it won't flake or crust into a nasty mess that falls off your face, even if you talk or laugh. I find that this really soothes my skin, conditions it, and brightens it gently with its lactic acid properties. I like using this with oats and honey, but my favorite thing to do is slap this on when I wake up in the morning it's so refreshing and it makes a great, gentle, milky face wash that's easy to rinse off with no residue. I love that it's inexpensive and economical. Definitely a great addition to a gentle skincare approach.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by alg2106

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used yogurt on my face when I was in a panic- if I'm approaching my period so my skin is puffy, broken out, yet dry in areas. I've got oily skin but slapping some yogurt on my face for 10-20 minutes dries the pimples out and gets rid of the dry skin too. If you do have oilier skin, though, like I do, I find that following this with witch hazel (if you're in a rush) or a clay mask, like the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, does the trick when you are trying to get your skin back to being balanced.

Bottom line: A ton of high-end products try to mimic something that is quick and easy. Just use yogurt - it works wonderfully because of the lactic acid.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, this WORKS!

OK I'll give some background info: I had been working brutal deadlines for 5 weeks in a row. I was very stressed, very short on personal time, and on top of the heavy workload, have my preschooler to take care of. At the end of the deadlines, I came up for air, and my skin was trashed. I broke out on my chin and forehead, and had lots of plugged pores, from not taking care of myself as I usually do. To clear up my skin, I tried washing, but ended up just OVERWASHING, and my face was just dehydrated, flaking on the cheeks and mouth, and generally just looking like crap.

I read the reviews here, and tried a plain Greek yogurt (11% milk fat) mask. My skin looks so much better! The mask hydrated the dry and flakey parts, and my skin looks like it's pH balance has been restored. I left it on to dry (about 40 minutes) and rinsed it off. My pores look smaller and my face overall looks calmer.

I think it's pretty cool that I can go walk to the grocery store for a mask, instead of driving to the mall/specialty shop/drugstore, for some rather fast and noticeable results.

Thanks to past yogurt mask reviewers and all their feedback. I wouldn't have done it without you!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by caraaa

Great mask! I tried this a few weeks ago (plain Greek, 2%) with some honey. I've been switching it up lately with my masks, trying a different one each week to get rid of all of my accumulated products and samples. However, this worked so well for me that I kept reaching for it the last few weeks. Surprising since I was pleased with the results the first week but wasn't astounded. Don't expect miracles; this isn't going to magically smooth and clear your skin. But it's great because it's soothing and effective. It feels awesome when you put it on and you come away looking glowy. Not too dry or shiny (I have acne-prone combination skin). I usually use it with honey or honey and aspirin. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by babydollnot4u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am SO thankful I tried a yogurt mask! I was shopping in Sephora looking for a new face mask, as my face had become dull and my glow was no longer. I had a pricey Korres yogurt mask in one hand and just couldn't make up my mind about it. That's when I remembered that I had heard about a homemade yogurt mask and decided to try it. I ran by the store and got whatever was on sale, just making sure it was plain Greek yogurt. I have tried both full fat and nonfat and prefer using the full fat. I take a tablespoon and put it in a bowl and combine with a teaspoon or so of honey. I apply the mixture and let sit until dry and then rinse off with warm water and a washcloth. As soon as I rinse the mixture off, it's like I'm brought back to life! My face has a glow and I appear to be fully rested. I haven't tried lemon juice in the mask, but will try that next!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by laurennr23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used a yogurt mask on my hair and its been the best decision ive made for my hair. Its so much shinier, softer, and stronger. It feels longer everyday and the ends arent as crunchy as they were before. It also brought out some of the red undertones in my hair which is really cool:) also, less frizz!:)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

All I used for my mask was plain, full fat greek yoghurt. It felt nice and brightened up my skin a bit. I sort of forgot about it until the next time I had extra yoghurt lying around. The second time I tried this (same brand of yoghurt) IT BURNED MY SKIN. I have no idea why but it left me with little red splotches all about my face. :'(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally reviewed this on 11/8/12 but had to add some things. First of all, it's very important to read through previous reviews with natural products like this to learn how to use it and what to expect. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone but it's very important to use PLAIN yogurt. No sugars, the less ingredients the better. I don't know if fat content matters or not. If you want it thicker use greek, however, I had the issue of it being very hard to take off once it's dry. I keep trying to remember not to scrunch up my face but that's my reaction when water hits it. You have to let it soak a bit in a warm wet paper towel or washcloth to remove it, or stand under the shower and let it soften. That aside, I used this again 4 months later because I heard about products that have probiotics in them for topical use. Well that's silly, I can just use the yogurt mask. The first few times I tried this, I was in a bad spot with harsh products and overly dried up and messed with skin, so it hurt even worse and it was hard to see results.

This time I had better luck. I'll give some background: I break out to everything so my routine is simple so I can keep track of what's going on. I'm also trying SUPER had to not pick at my face because some of those picked areas end up getting infected and irritated and looking far worse than a few blackheads or even a few pimples. So this time I did half plain greek yogurt mask on one side of my face and on the other side I did the yogurt mixed with a few drops of jojoba oil. (I don't have a lot of luck when I use pure oil all over, I have to mix it or use it as a spot treament only) I have some dry patches from some previous acne areas and the treatments over dry the whole area. The yogurt usually dries white but it depends what you add to it. For example, the side with the oil dried clear, even though it was thick and white when I put it on. My face did feel softer after I rinsed it off and the dry patches weren't worse, maybe better but it's not a miracle cure so don't get too excited. However I'm not ashy or itchy after removing it like I was before when my face was a wreck. One thing I really noticed was that my nose seemed to be covered in blackheads that were ready to be extracted, which could be a good thing, but I didn't want to go down that route. So I just put on some mud mask to pull them out and followed with a toner that I added a bit of Tea Tree too to dry them out and close it up. I am much happier with this whole process now that I know what to expect, and I also prefer to do it right before the shower so I don't have any stray bits of yogurt on the edges of my face. Oh and it can smell quite a bit so be ready for that.

Below are my first reveiws of this product from November:

I used 0% fat because that's what I had for eating and I added a bit of honey. As it dried it got really itchy, to the point where I'm still scratching my jawline (it's ALWAYS there that I react/itch!). It was also hard to wash off because it got SO hard. I think it could be the honey, so I'm going to try one last time without and hope it's better. I do feel softer, which is great, but I have so much acne still it's hard to really see what it can do. I will update/change the numbers if I feel it's better. I really hope it's the honey that's an issue because the softness is nice.
UPDATE: So I tried again with oatmeal and it was less itchy, but it still hurts to take off because it gets so dry and when I wet my face I scrunch up and feel it pulling and cracking. But it does still make me slightly itchy after so even though it's softening and natural, I probably won't be doing it so much if ever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No