Laura Tonatto - Amir

3.9

on 7/11/2006 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The medicinal opening is a little disconcerting, but then it becomes a wonderful incense-touched amber.

on 7/3/2006 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Amir was so bad on me it actually made my eyes water! The opening notes are exactly like a sinus spray - very menthol and medicinal. It's far too spicy and dark an oriental for me to wear, and also far too smoky. When the amber finally emerges it becomes bearable - but only just! Nothing remotely soft or cuddly about this one. Approach with caution!

Wow. This one was an unsniffed purchase and a complete shocker. Amber, frankincense, and myrrh on a bed of lovely spices? I honestly can't imagine a description that would appeal to me more. Unfortunately, Amir is very flat and medicinal on my skin. It baffles me so much that I'm not sure what to say. This just doesn't work. I was hugely disappointed.

on 10/15/2005 11:21:00 PM

There was something very herbal/medicinal in the beginning (5 minutes), but the dry down is a beautiful spicy amber scent. can't wait to layer it w/Un Bois Vanille as someone suggested! yum

on 9/14/2005 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is, quite literally, mouth-watering. I found the spices a bit harsh upon application, but within minutes it developed into a creamy, scrumptious brew of spicy darkness. This is not sweet and respectable amber, but the dirty, nasty, irresistable kind. And it lasts and lasts. Perfect.

on 7/25/2005 12:25:00 PM

This is a gorgeous blend of sweet spices to me. My skin smells like the sexiest gingerbread on earth! It's either a warm, comforting embrace like the very best moments of winter--the first quiet crystalline snowfall, the secret giggly holiday plans and surprises--or else it's a drop-dead, flat-out, fearless sex-goddess demand for adoration. That all depends on you and your chemistry and your feeling about sweet spice notes. For me, it's all of the above. Similar to the original Comme des Garcons that I belive has become available again in limited release: hot, confident, truly spicy but not gourmand or cloying. This is one to give yourself over to. Don't think you're a drop-dead sex goddess? Hey, neither did I: I was the scrawny, acerbic, tattooed tomboy in the class. And I still am, but when I've got this on me somehow that's the sexiest thing on earth to be!

on 7/19/2005 9:35:00 PM

Wearing Amir is the equivalent of wrapping yourself up in a cashmere blanket on a cold winter day and curling up w/ a good book in a soft seat in a gabled window at the top of the house. Not a book with a tragic ending or a hard boiled detective or spy novel....but maybe Agatha Christie, Dorothy Sayers or Ellis Peters. Amir is a sweet, powdery, incense fragrance that may be in keeping with an exotic locale, but is ultimately all about happy endings, comfort and things working out in an orderly universe.

on 3/14/2005 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this fragrance is a very lovely amber oriental. I don't want to incite a riot with the Tabu haters out there but it smells very much like Tabu to me.
I don't think I'd buy it but maybe get a decant. I have a lot of ambers already.

on 3/4/2005 12:50:00 PM

Now THIS is an incense fragrance! Amber predominates, but the frankincense and myrhh are definitely there as well. Extremely strong and great lasting power. Very exotic and reminiscent of the middle east. I hope some US retailers carry the Laura Tonatto line soon!

Popular Fragrances