April 25, 2014 | 923 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by beckelm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this after watching a video where a girl used it as her one-stop solution for all face issues. I was most looking forward to the lighter and darker colors to help with under-eye issues and conturing. however, when i got it, it became abundantly clear this was not suited for under-eye area. the formulation is much too thick and dries somewhat chalky. however, it is the single best coverage i have found for any pimple or blemish on the rest of my face. the green tone hides redness and doesn't budge all day, the three choices of flesh-tone make finding your exact skin color a breeze. the price is steep but i really can't see needing to replace it. ever. I don't use the highlighter much but have tried it and it does work if used sparingly. it's a mat highlighter which is unique. overall i would recommend this product but caution that it did not work for me to address any under-eye issues. for that, i have found Bye Bye Undereye to be the best choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by zombienudity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this portfolio sight unseen and with a very high shipping cost because I live in the midwest (US). When I first saw the portfolio I was really unhappy with the colors. I am very pale and most foundations/concealers/etc are too dark for me. The green is more of a washed out gray-green and the skin tones are very dark. The ivory color appears 2-4 shades darker than my skin. The violet is a white-ish lavender color.

Nevertheless, I used the portfolio as the packaging directed. (It comes with a cute little pamphlet with a diagram and the back of the package explains what each color is for.) The colors work beautifully for me under foundation. I don't know how, but these must be magic. The blocks of concealer are completely solid - there is no give when you press on them. However, they melt onto your fingers instantly. They are extremely pigmented and the small layer that your finger will pick up with minimal contact will go very far. They give full coverage immediately.

The consistency on my face is a little greasy when first applied, but when it sets it will not settle in fine lines. I have dry skin and these never look cakey (a big problem with concealers for me).

I think that other people might be unhappy because they are applying it incorrectly. You do need to apply this after primer and before foundation or powder. Because the portfolio colors are so dramatic and unnatural you need to use a medium to full coverage foundation over it. I have found a foundation brush will move the concealer around your face, messing up all of your work. (Especially if you're contouring.) You need to use a wet sponge to apply the foundation. Then give your face some time to dry and finish with powder.

I have been contouring my face for years using powder bronzer and powder or liquid highlighters. Using these concealers looks far more natural when finished. However, I look like an overzealous drag queen between the concealer and foundation.

Once my makeup is done my skin looks flawless. I have cystic acne, dark circles and very translucent eyelids. With this portfolio my complexion looks even and bright. The first day I wore it my mom commented on that my skin was looking nice and didn't believe me when I said that I was beginning to break out. If you do have surface blemishes you will probably need to use a traditional concealer over your foundation as normal. The portfolio concealers are best for scars and unevenness - their consistency isn't right for raised pimples.

Overall, the portfolio concealers feel heavy and somewhat greasy on my face. Ironically, they have allowed me to use less makeup in total. They set with powder and time, though, and do not smudge. They have not irritated my skin or caused me to break out. They require commitment - both spending a decent amount of time applying them and wearing a full face of makeup. You will need to become familiar with the color wheel and put thought into what colors you're trying to cover up. These are not for the faint of heart or the minimalist. They are the best base level correcters that I've ever used, however. If you're willing to put in the time and effort with this portfolio then you will be amazed at how well they work.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by joydivisionn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the one with beiges only.
Best concealer I've had. It stays forever, I will keep on buying it til the end :)!!
It is 40$ but it is sooo worth it, and it last quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by taya786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!!! What more can I say?I have oily skin and vitiligo, which just started on my chin and upper lip area....this is the only concealer that looks and matchs my skin the most and looks natural in daylight... Which is super important, especially since I have a skin condition and don't want to draw so much attention...
The way I apply is moisturize my skin ... And wait a few mins then I with clean fingers swirl over the product to warm it.. After that I tap on the product on the areas needed until it no longer is caky or ashy... Than I apply foundation all over my face and set with powder... It looks so amazing...
For me it's the best product ever.. Btw I apply the green corrector first, and then the darkest and medium color mixed... I'll post some pictures too... Also it lasts a long time so worth it...
But not everything works for everyone, if you need before after pictures I can provide them....when something works this good for me I would like it to work for everyone:))

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

This concealer palette is the worst I've ever come across! First off, the colors: the green and purple ones are extremely ashy even on my NC25 summer skin. The other "skintone" colors needs to be blended together to match my skin. Consistency: Although it is hard and rather creamy when warmed up, it's CAKEY like no one's business. I tried to use it on my undereye area, it went on cakey and made my skin looked crepey and weird. When I tried it on blemishes--using the green first then the skin color--it caked on without being able to blend into the skin around the blemish, making everything a big mess! Lasting power: this concealer has to ability to slide everywhere and dry up the skin underneath, and it's lasting power is zilch! No matter how I try, it doesn't work. I saw all these amazed reviews so I wanted to try it again, but I regretted right away!! It's the most terrible thing I've ever put on my skin and I couldn't wait to wash it off. Bad purchase, even if it's 25g of product. I threw it in the garbage this morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by MyGainYourGloss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently tried this at Shoppers Drug Mart and I was so suprised at how a-little-goes-a-long-way! I tried to hide my blue undereye circles with the yellow tone as directed, and it looeked pretty bad... However, my bestfriend has this and loves it! She uses it instead of foundation (just covering spots) and it totally looks great! And it has lasted a LONG time; with plenty to spare! It dosnt matter what your skin type is, it suits everyone... But the price dosn't, it's the only thing stopping me from getting it ($36.00). I got Bare Minirals cover/conceal/correct package for 13$ (and it came with TWO sets as bonus) and it does the job just fine. However, if you want it, GET IT dont bother wasting your cash on other things, treat yourself to something smooth and creamy (and I'm not talking about Starbucks, even though thats overpriced too) I'm sure you will find it useful, just dont use too much. Happy concealing!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAndTheBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rating: 3/5 Cons- not creamy, can crease on undereye area and looks a little ashy on the undereye area
Pros- Like the packaging and the fact you can mix colours to find your shade, I love the lilac for highlighting on the browbone and cheek bones and I love the green for covering redness or blemishes
Price: 4/5 $36.00 or so, which is expensive but you get a lot of product
Packaging- 3/5 not very hygenic and colours can get into one another
Would I buy this again? Nope, it's a little too cakey and please note that this product should not be used for the undereye area. I have oily skin, yet it seems to be too drying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Bulbasaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HG concealer here if you use it properly!
You absolutely need to use a makeup base if you're using this product otherwise it will not apply well. It will look cakey and flakey and very unnatural.
A tip I've also discovered with time is that it's preferable to use a concealer brush for the application and dab the product on your skin. Then use a bigger liquid foundation brush to blend the product. Using the bigger brush to blend prevents the cakey look because instead of using a small concealer brush that is already overfilled with the product you use a bigger brush that leaves plenty of room for taking out the excess product.
I use the green on my chin whenever I have breakouts and they do wonders to hide the redness. When my pimples are too big, I sometimes use the lighter beige to cover the green a little, so that I don't look white.
I use the yellow beige to cover my dark circles and dark spots in the inner corner of my eyes. This works wonderfully for me during the summer, when I am more tan and provides enough coverage (but not perfect) during the winter, when I'm really pale.
I use the lighter beige on my nose to cover any uneven color or big pore.
I don't use the blue highlighting color anymore, because I've bought another highlighter that looks more natural on my cool light skin. I also don't use the brown at all, it gave me unnatural streaks for contouring and I prefer using a powder bronzer.
Will definitely repurchase, but even with daily application, I can't see the bottom of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first saw this in a Michelle Phan video on youtube! I absolutely love it! The only thing is is make sure my skin is moisturized and flake free before i use it, other wise the application isn't smooth. I love the minty green concealer, it really does do wonders for redness around my nose. I also love the lavender because it highlights my browbone, inner corners and cupids bow!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by cmwonder

I love the idea and the product, especially the whole green hiding redness because I have problems with that...however, I gave 4 out of 5 because I have acne prone skin, so when I used it on my chin, forhead and cheeks, I would break out :(. Due to that problem, I tend to wear it once in awhile!