July 31, 2014 | 1700 users online

Bath Treatments - Fresh - Sake Bath

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ameyls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Fresh's Sake Bath as a treat for myself, along with the Rice Dry Oil, so I was totally ready to be converted. Unfortunately, the bath did not live up to my (admittedly high) expectations. The scent is lovely-- a divinely spicey peach. And it does leave my skin noticeably softer. That said, it's not the sort of "I can't stop touching myself" softness that I was expecting. And the divine scent? It faded pretty quickly on me, even though I also used the similarly perfumed Rice Dry Oil after the bath. All in all, it felt luxuriously expensive, but not luxurious. Part of the problem may be that I didn't use enough. I have a fairly decent sized spa tub, but I only used about an eigth of a cup of the Sake bath. I've read that you have to use about a quarter cup to get the full effect, but at $90 a bottle, I couldn't bear to use that much in a single bath.

And therein lies the rub--you can't get the full experience without using a copious amount of the stuff, yet the price makes you feel like you can't! It seems like the folks over at Fresh could make this product a little more concentrated, especially at that price. For my money, I prefer the Brown Suger Body Polish, which leaves my skin much softer and smells just as wonderful. I would also buy the Rice Dry Oil again and just use that after (or as part of) a regular bath to get the effect of the scent and some of the softness. Both of those products are quite a bit less expensive than the Sake Bath and much more justifiable for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2007 6:04:00 AM More reviews by catgirlamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No matter how much bath stuff I have I always have to have this around. It's fantastic, especially with really extra hot water and a good book.
The scent is incredible, spicy peachy goodness. It makes me want to very get out of the bath.
My only complaint is that the bottle is awkward, especially in an area that's often wet. And it's made of glass. And it's not very environmentally friendly. It's very elegant, just not very practical. I'd rather see something plastic perhaps with a pump, or something refillable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 1:25:00 AM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like everyone else I was seduced by a sample packet I received from a fresh store and was lucky enough to buy the full sized Sake bath during the Fresh sale (set was 95 dollars and included a full size Sake bath, the discontinued Sake Rice scrub, a Sake to go candle and Rice body moisturizer so a very good deal!). The bath is INCREDIBLE! The smell is so beautiful and unlike anything else I've tried (the Fresh Geisha bath was a good alternative but not the same).

These are the extracts:
VALERIANA OFFICINALIS EXTRACT
RAPHANUS SATIVUS (RADISH) ROOT EXTRACT
PUNICA GRANATUM BARK EXTRACT
MELISSA OFFICINALIS LEAF EXTRACT

and of course the bath inself is 50% Sake. To me I smell the peach, apricot, ginger and sake. It's so pretty! The bath itself produces large, wonderful bubbles that do not disappear. The oils leave my skin hydrated and smooth. This next part will sound silly but after I soak for 10 minutes I am able to shave my legs without soap under the bath water. Normally I bleed, get razor burn and have a miserable time of it even trying different razors and shaving creams/gels/foams. Until this bath I gave up and turned to waxing but I skipped an appointment and discovered the one thing that lets me shave my legs without incident and hell it gives me a great excuse to buy this bath and is cheaper than waxing every wonth.

I think single use packets are sold at Fresh stores and on Beauty.com so start there or see if a standing store has a sample packet. If you love to bath this brings the entire experince together. The wonderful smell, the theraputic and circulatory benefits, the muscle relaxation, the skintoning, the rich bubbles, the feel of the bath water with the oils and then the cool shower after which I don't always remember to do. It's a heavenly bath, yes the cost is bad but at some point you need to indulge yourself. For the people who commented on the racing heart, Fresh tells you to crank the heat of the water up as high as you can stand it. I don't. I run it a nice temperature that is comfortable to me and I have not had any problems. The racing heart is mostly from the high heat and hopefully this tip will rememedy this for those of you who have experienced this problem. I just finished my first bottle and I have 2 backups from the sale so yes I have already bought it again^^

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like a lot of the other reviewers, I had no interest in this until I tried one of the packets. This is the thickest bath gel I've ever used, and leaves my skin so soft and smooth. It creates luxurious bubbles and I really like the scent. I don't think I've ever used the amount they recommend (as many others have mentioned it's about 1/7th of the bottle, or over $11 per bath!!) but I still feel very relaxed and refreshed whenever I use it. I really hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure I'll repurchase when I run out. Damn you, Fresh...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by makawao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! This product!!!I love the fragrance,very subtle,very natural.It leaves the skin so smooth.I am so relaxed when I use this.I was suffering from anxiety over running out of it,LOL.Im serious.It really is an amazing thing.Its super thick,I dilute mine once it is half full to extend life along with adding a little pear sake to the bath.Wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Nickicaps

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so in love with this bath, and I really wanted to hate it because it's so damn expensive! Okay, so I received the single use packet as a gift (thanks Mom!) and I was expecting to be bored by it, since I am a Lush fanatic and find that everything else pales in comparison, but I was pleasantly suprised! I emptied the contents in a very warm bath, and it filled my tub with creamy bubbles and an intoxicating peach and sake scent. I soaked for about 30 minutes, occasionally blasting the tub with hot water (the packet stated that warm water boosts the circulatory effect) and then took a cool shower with no soap. I was literally AMAZED at how soft, smooth, and rosy my skin looked. The texture had completely changed. I now take weekly sake baths, sometimes while drinking sake, and have noticed that I rarely need body cream. Yay Fresh! Now I just need to find a second job to support my new addiction...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 3:07:00 PM More reviews by northender

Notice how almost ALL Fresh reviews start of with "if it wasn't so expensive" or some similar refrain? I hope to God that they really do use pure, fresh, non-cancer causing products, and that's why they are so expensive. I doubt it's so but they've hooked me. I wanted to hate this because it's so expensive but I finally opened my sample bath packet and it was an incredible experience. Soft longlasting foamy bubbles, intoxicating peach brandy scent, and soft, non-irritated skin afterwards. It blew me away, and up til now, Jo Malone Bath Oil was my HG. Christ, this is even more expensive! One lippie off because the price is criminal. At least my birthday is coming up.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by thmilin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are two product variations on this - powder, and liquid. I believe the powder is the best option if you ever buy this. I bought the liquid, which is basically bath oil mixed with sake. Smells intensely of sake (alcohol), and you're basically sitting in a fermenting oil bath. That's why your skin ends up so soft, but I don't like bath oils (I like foaming baths, or a little tiny bit of oil). My skin literally felt like it was coated in oil (which I guess it was) which of course made me feel fabulously soft, but isn't good for skin prone to acne.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2006 12:57:00 AM More reviews by daphne_elise

My sister's boyfriend's mother is a buyer for Neiman Marcus, and she gave me a bath set from Fresh for my college graduation present. Had this not been a gift, I would never have bought it myself. I didn't like the way it made feel. It made my heart race and I felt dizzy while in the bath. I didn't notice any difference in my skin after I used it. Also, glass bottles are dangerous to have near the tub. Save your money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 4:27:00 AM More reviews by sooyoungkim

I was seduced into purchasing this by a $20 promo... quite frankly wanted to hate it, given the obscene pricetag and ridiculous blurbage on the bottle. And yet... I took a bath yesterday and today (strange, as I don't often bathe) using copious quantities of the stuff , with today's application of body lotion spare and hurried due to the extra time taken up by the bath and... 10 hours later I'm marveling at how soft and soothed my skin is. It is now 12/21/05, I'm on my third bottle, and I really still want to hate this product...