September 2, 2014 | 1621 users online

Moisturizers - Merlot - Face Cream grape seed spf 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does a great job of hydrating my face without making my face greasy. It didn't break me out initially, but after a while I started to develop some minor whiteheads on my cheeks. So now I am careful to use this sporadically and my skin seems to like this as an occasional treat. I like the fruity fragrance and the fact that this contains polyphenols from grapes. Though it has SPF, I prefer to use it as a night cream. My skin feels soft and my powder makeup goes on smoother. If you are breakout prone, use this with caution.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by clearady

WOW. three products by Merlot that have gone over and above impressing me. That's saying a lot. I hold every product that I try/review to the highest standard, as if it doesn't reach it, there's no point in keeping it. It's 2010 and there are so many things to be had, why not search out the best of the best?

I had read that Merlot's toner was amazing (which it is, might I confirm) from one of my favorite top reviewers, so when I was picking up some necessities from Walgreens, I noticed it out of the corner of my eye and jumped for glee. The nice sales associate gave me lots of samples of the night cream and day cream as well. Didn't expect to like them, but I'm a product junkie, and love to try anything new and organic!

This is amazing. Almost every single moisturizer I buy for the day time leaves some sort of sheen (which I don't need at all with my oily skintype), so it automatically becomes a night cream. Dammit, i have an arsenal of night creams now, and only one other day cream (clarins, but has no SPF).
It surpasses Caudalie's day cream by a whole lipstick, and that one is $69! Doesn't leave any oily residue, moisturizes, smells like grape cereal, helps makeup go on smoother (when i wear it), and has a little SPF for those days that I'm only going to be in the sun for 10 mins or less. Really is a gem. There's hardly ever a line of skin care that I like more than two products, because most lines only carry one excellent product (by all standards). But this one has THREE, and i haven't even tried the rest of it! I'm so excited. Perhaps, Fresh is the only line that matches this in quality, yet the prices are a joykill.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by bbb101

i got this in a trial size from a friend. we do not have this in canada and was not able to buy this online. so when my friend went to the states she brought back 2 for herself and gave me a sample size back (which is 15ml) so it's a good amount. anyway.... its purple! my favorite color... and it smells amazing!!! it's nice and creamy but never greasy .. i like that it comes with spf 15 coz i'm not very good with applying sunscreen on my face everyday.. i know i should.. but i'm just never very good with remembering to apply it.

it didn't cause any break outs and i like to use in the morning under makeup.. at night i'm still using Egyptian magic. and i still love that.. i'm on my second tub of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by auntnett

I picked some of this up at Walgreen's last night after reading the reviews here. I used it last night, and it was fine for that. However, today after a couple of hours, I have quite a bit of oil breakthrough all over. I didn't use a mattifier as I hadn't been needing it lately. I'll try it with that and see if it's better. If not, this will be a nighttime-only product for me.

In that case, I'd probably just purchase the richer night cream next time instead of this one with SPF. I had been using Olay Microsculpting Cream, but it's much more expensive, and I haven't been able to really tells that it does anything special - it's just a good moisturizer, which this also seems to be. And I'm hoping it will help some with redness as someone else described.

I'm a little disappointed as, having read about its gel-like consistency, I thought it'd be a little lighter - the main reason I tried it. Maybe it's the petrolatum it contains. I really don't see why they use it in something like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While browsing the skincare board one night, I found a post mentioning the benefits of grape seed in regards to redness. So, when I saw this in Walgreens, I decided to give it a try- I'm so glad I did!
My skin is oily, acne prone and I have mild rosacea but this product doesn't irritate my skin at all. It has a gel like consistently, and the scent reminds me of fruit loops :) . When I first began using the Merlot back in the summer, I would massage a small amount into my face and neck, the product would sink in and I was left with a smooth, matte finish. I couldn't believe how amazingly normal my skin felt with just a lotion! Like another reviewer mentioned below, it made me not want to cover up my skin.

Now that it's mid winter here, and I'm using Renova, I need to use a little more of the lotion than before. The results are just as great, though. I get a smooth, matte finish and my mineral makeup applies easily. The staying power of my makeup is increased as well, since it's no longer sliding around on a layer of greasy lotion! As far as helping the redness, it doesn't irritate my skin so it's not quite as red as before. I've tried Aveeno, Cetaphil, Olay, Garnier, who knows what else, and it all left my poor skin red, greasy or clogged; I'm so glad I gave the Merlot a try...

(I absolutely love this and plan to rebuy! But, if you prefer creamier lotions and dislike having a matte finish, then this product is not for you. It also has a mild scent so if that bothers you then you don't want Merlot.)

Oh, and I liked this so much, I went back later to get a bottle of the cleanser. I like it too, but there's no place to review it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by selene_gal5

Okay so I have been using Olay Complete moisturizer for 10 years or so but have heard so many great things about this product that I decided to try it. Well, I am so glad I did! Let me start by saying that my complexion used to have no natural glow whatsoever. I had very dull looking skin... so thank God for makeup... But since I've started using this as a moisturizer day and night for about 1 month now, I have noticed that my complexion has started to subtly project a natural glow when I am wearing no makeup. This moisturizez my skin pretty good too, I still have to spray some Mac fix + to feel more hydrated. I don't know how this will work during the winter though. The texture is very thin, almost like a combination between lotion and a gel. The scent is lovely grape. My only complaint is the packaging... I hate having to stick my fingers in the tub! Other than that I am loving it! I am looking into purchasing the night cream as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by chaovivi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ok this is totally my HG moisturizer.
and i have never claim any product to be my hg yet....so this really is something.
for the past couple of weeks i've been breaking out because i've been trying out new moisturizers.
basically what i look for in a moisturizer is one that can moisturize my face with out look greasy and has spf.
i get really annoyed putting spf separately from my moisturizer. and most spf break me out.
this however....this is something i never expect. today is the 2nd day of me using it and it had made my skin so soft and smooth.
I have horrible acne prone skin. I always break out and every moisturizer i have tried so far always feel heavy and leave me greasy.[even clinique's line for oily skin]
this sinks in like heaven. i look so matte afterward...and guess wat? i stay matte the WHOLE DAY. that is really unbelievable. i use so many products to control my oil.
Clinique's t-zone pore minimizer, MB healing powder, blotting sheets.
and all of that still cant keep me shine free.
around midday i ran my finger across my forehead and it was shine free. i then used my blotting sheet...and there was only faint streaks.
Also today after i put this on, i didnt even reach for my usual foundation. something about this makes me wanna let my bare skin show. i'm very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by unsp0kenwords

Love, love, love this product! It's such a wonderful moisturizer. It's oil-free, non-comedogenic, anti-wrinkle, and contains protection from the sun! I love that once applied, it absorbs into the skin so quickly leaving it baby soft. I never break out when using it, and definitely see an improvement in the texture and smoothness of my skin. It's just simply fantastic for the price. The jar lasts a long time if used sparingly, you don't need to use a lot because it spreads easily. Sure, it's not very sanitary dipping your fingers in the jar, but before I do that...I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer from spreading any bacteria. I think that combination to oily skin types would benefit more from this moisturizer because it keeps your skin balanced and oiliness at bay. I wouldn't say its moisturizing enough for dry skin though. I have combination skin which is neither oily or dry, but it depends on the environment I'm in. Sometimes when it's humid or hot, I get oily. When I have the air conditioner working all day or when it's cold, it gets drier. But this moisturizer seems to balance it out. I just apply cetaphil moisturizing lotion on dry areas and then the merlot's grapeseed moisturizer on top to seal in the moisture and my skin is left feeling comfortable, smooth, and soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by luv4juicy5308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow, so i bought this yesterday and I've already fallen in love with it. I used it last night and when I woke up my face was sooo soft and smooth. I have oily skin so this is very moisturizing for me. I'm not sure how it is for those with dry skin though. Also, I use it in the morning because it has SPF 15 which is perfect because I've searching everywhere for a good moisturizer with SPF! But I;m thinking I'll only be using this in the morning because it has SPF and at night I will keep using my Egyptian magic cream, which i love also. I got this for $15 at walgreens and it came with a travel size, which is a great deal. will def. repurchase when i run out, which i think will be a longg time from now because you only need very little :]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by kvdavis

I just won't pay a lot for a skin cream, but I've found most drugstore brands are too greasy, and rely on petroleum-based oils.

This skin cream is a dream! At $15.99, it is incredibly lightweight but very effective. The grapeseed oil is not only an anti-oxidant, but an alpha-hydroxy acid with a mild cell renewal effect. Like others have said, it makes a great base for any foundation (I've been using Physician's mineral powder).

It does come in a jar but since I'm putting it on a clean face, my hands are clean when I use it anyway.

That it uses a "waste" product from the Texas wine industry is an extra attraction!

I love the night cream, too.