Perricone No Foundation Foundation

2.9

Zinc Oxide (12.2%), Titanium Dioxide (3.2%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Cyclomethicone, Peg 100 Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycolic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Fruit Extract, Mica, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethyl Mea (DMAE), Tribehenin, Polyacrylamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Lecithin, Thioctic Acid (Alpha-Lipoic Acid), PEG-8, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Lactate, Xanthan Gum, Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramide 2, PEG 10 Rapeseed Sterol, Teprenone, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Plankton Extract, Micrococcus Lysate, C13-14 Isopara_N, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 72122, CI 72123, CI 72124), Citric Acid, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Ascorbic Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Limonene, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Linalool, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract, Bulnesia Sarmientoi Wood Oil, Coriandrum Sativum.

I bought the new fair shade of this and it seems Perricone has tackled the points many criticize here - the fair shade works fine for my NC 20-25 complexion and there is no orangey tint nor nasty smell. The result is natural and radiant, though this does not really offer much coverage, it just evens out the skin tone. For me that is enough, I just have to add some undereye concealer and set it with a bit of powder ( otherwise it feels sticky on the face). I can't really say much about long-term effects yet.
Edit: Have used this regularly now and am still pleased with this product. No break-outs, easy to use, good sun protection, only issue I have is that it feels sticky after application, but that only lasts a few minutes until the product sets, and you can set it quickly with powder. Coverage is very light though and my normal concealer does not work on top of this, it will look cakey and set into the lines around the eyes.

on 9/13/2013 7:46:00 PM

I gave the description of how I wanted my skin to look, dewy and not made up . The consultant tried on 2 products (half and half), one being no foundation foundation , the other Nars tinted moisturiser. Orgasm blush was used on my cheeks and all finished off with a lip balm. I then went outside with a big mirror to check it out. Whilst the NARS base was good ,the coverage appeared a little heavier than what I was looking for ( would consider it for an evening though). However the no foundation foundation was perfect . My skin is in good condition and this over the top gave me a lovely healthy complexion. Three months on I am not disappointed, colleagues have even commented on my skin at work I know comments have been made about the smell, it doesn't really bother me. The look lasts all day and I don't really need to touch it up, I cant imagine not using this . The skin benefits are a welcomed and the spf 30 is a bonus. One pump will do my whole face ( I gently buff with bobby brown full foundation brush after I have applied with my fingers) . I would only use this product during the day . As a non foundation wearer I will always prefer lighter products , it will come down to personal preference but for me this is a stella product that does exactly what it says its going to do :) love it

on 8/6/2013 10:47:00 PM

This was a gift but I know that this is quite expensive. I can overlook that because I really like this foundation. Its sheer and covers what I want and need it to cover without looking like I'm wearing too much makeup. It gives a nice sheer dewy glow to my face and I think if I run out, I MIGHT splurge and buy another bottle.

I've been using this product for about 5 months now and I think it is amazing! Not only does it provide the right amount of sheer coverage, it also feels light and evens out my complexion. I use this in conjunction with the No Concealer Concealer and my skin has never looked better. I have also noticed an improvement in my skin since using this product; it really is a treatment as well as a foundation.

on 4/14/2013 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I first got this foundation I was not aware of how to apply it so I felt it was too dark and too orange, once I read on how to apply it I fell in love with it! It does not have a lot of coverage however, if you spot use the No Concealer Concealer, the makeup ends up looking perfect and dewy! I use Stila hydrating powder to set it and it looks great all day! I have tried so many foundations I have lost count, I must have 25 different bottles and none has that dewy look that I love! I am 67 years old and have worn make up all of my adult life so I do know what looks good! Do not be put off by the orange color when you 1st apply it, I have very light skin and once you use the circular application method it just blends right into your skin! I if you like dewy this one is for you!

on 3/18/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After seeing very mixed reviews about this product I took the plunge and I'm so glad I did.. Been using LM oil free tinted moisturizer for many years I love it but no matter how much powder I put on, my skin shines and looks oily after a few hours. This however wore very well after I applied powder only once wore for 8 hrs with very little shine, coverage was very natural my skin but better.. Color match was perfect( i wear caramel in LM) I am very happy with this product.. Will def repurchase

on 2/16/2013 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have been looking for (am still looking for) a really good tinted moisturiser/BB cream that can give me some coverage but look natural and won't clog my pores. I thought I would try this after seeing all the great reviews. It is a good product, but not ideal for my skin type.

First - I am Indian and have a darker skin tone in the Summer or after I have been on holiday. I bought this after coming home from a holiday and it is currently too light for my skin tone. I do think it would be a better match in the winter though so will try again when my tan disappears!

Secondly - I have combination/oily skin and I did feel as though this foundation was too shiny/oily for my skin. It is ok once I apply a powder over it but it does seem to make my face shiny.

I do see the benefits of it - it does look REALLY natural and the coverage is surprisingly good (I have acne scars and only needed to use a dab of concealer over a few of the scars). Might try it again next winter and see if its better - for now I will be looking for another light foundation/tinted moisturiser!

on 11/20/2012 3:07:00 PM

This was available only via Air Canada Duty Free onboard. I was feeling itchy, and when I read the product description, I couldn't help but try it.

Even though I was told there is only one universal colour (I'm a lighter Asian, but not a super light Asian), but I opted to buy anyway.

Yes, the colour is quite orange and dark, even after I apply it to the face. I'm not sure if it eventually "blends" with my skin tone, or whether my powder neutralizes the dark colour, but after I apply my powder, it does become a natural colour on my face.

PROs:
- Easy, on the go squirt bottle, allowing me to bring it with me on holiday, in my purse, or during activity
- Provides SPF
- Really does give you that dewy look

CONs:
- It is quite thick and thus makes it hard to apply
- I feel that it is a very thick something on my face, even after I apply powder. I guess the only way to describe it is that I don't like that I can feel it even after hours after application

Unfortunately, without feeling the benefits of it (no visual results of pore minimizing), and for the price, I would not purchase this again.

on 11/19/2012 7:00:00 PM

Love, love, love this foundation. It is light, yet has coverage. Doesn't feel oily or heavy and I will buy it again.

on 10/10/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff!

First, let me say that I do not like to wear a lot of make-up. I prefer a very sheer, natural look. I just need a product that helps to even out my skin tone and fade a few blemishes.

I got a sample of this at Sephora about a week ago. It was enough for me to try it for 4 days. The first night when I removed my make-up, I noticed my skin underneath looked healthier than it had in the morning. I continued to notice an improvement every evening after wearing this foundation. My skin felt smoother, the texture looked better, and some blemishes/acne scars faded.

I also have dry, sensitive skin - I tried Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, which I loved, but then it made me break out. The No Foundation Foundation has actually warded off a breakout. I get hormonal acne around my jaw line and would normally have a few zits around now and I don't have any new ones sprouting up.

As far as coverage, it is very sheer. If you are looking for something to provide heavy coverage, this product is not for you. It does, however, even out the redness in my face and blur my small blemishes. So say I have a small red blotchy acne scar - when I put this on it looks much more faded, like it's almost healed. I also noticed while using this that immediately after application it doesn't look like I put anything on, but once it dries for a minute or two my skin does look much better and smoother. I also brushed a little layer of Bare Minerals matte finish powder foundation over this on a couple of the days when I needed a bit more coverage, and it looked great. I like to finish off the look with a light dusting of Josie Maran Luminous Hydrating Powder.

As far as anti-aging, I have not noticed a significant difference. I am 27 and just have fine lines in my eye area. I do not think they look any better or worse so far, but I'll see over the next few weeks.

The only drawback for me is the price - It's $55 for just an ounce of product. But given the benefits to my skin thus far, I think it's worth it so I splurged on a bottle today. It's like a skincare product + make-up.