August 20, 2014 | 1046 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2087 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2003 12:22:00 PM More reviews by BluKrystal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewers who say this concealer is dry. I have to make sure I have just enough eye cream under my eyes before I apply this concealer. Too little eye cream will make my fine lines obvious whereas too much will make the concealer wear off easily. It does a good job covering my dark circles, but not completely as they are hereditary. I'll finish using this pot, but I'll try other brands next time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 11:59:00 AM More reviews by ergi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best concealer I've tried. It gives a perfect skin color/texture match and lasts all day. It needs to be applied over moisturizer though or it goes on like spackle (the flip side of its great staying power). Creasing can be a problem, but it's usually fixed by blotting sheets or powdering.
*update 5/04* (not that anyone reads back to July :P) - tempermental concealer... creases on oily days, crusts on dry days. Best on young, smooth skin - it emphasizes creases and texture. Ack, the next step might be Cle de Peau. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2003 1:17:00 AM More reviews by TaniaDeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff! It is nice and creamy, not too thick, and just a dab covers up my post-all-nighter undereye circles. I dab some on the outer and inner corners of my eyes, too, for a fully *awake* look. There is a lot of product in the pot, too, so it lasts a long time. Highly worth a pilgrimage to Macy's.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2003 7:59:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best concealer I've used so far. It actually conceals my blemishes, and stays put. My only complaint is its kind of dry and I wish there was a better shade selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2003 2:01:00 PM More reviews by lilmeggers09

I bought this a few months ago in NW20 and I absolutely love it....goes on great with either finger application or concealer brush and blends to perfection...i need to go buy a darker shade for the summer, but this is an awesome concealer! i will keep buying this for years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2003 5:52:00 PM More reviews by hotNsexy_capricorn

This was a wonderful concealer...it covered all my blemishes and any imperfections! best if you use with a concealer brush but also works good with your finger! will totally buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2003 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Loke22

I have mixed feelings about this one... the coverage is excellent- great for covering blemishes and the texture/consistency can be easily blended to look natural. The only thing is that I think this may be the culprit of other breakouts. I've been using it to cover blemishes, but I have a feeling it may be creating more blemishes in the very close surrounding area...I'll edit in a few weeks after I've had more time to test it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2003 2:20:00 PM More reviews by brookiebrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this for my genetic undereye circles (tried MAC's Select concealer too)... neither one worked. This particular product is a pain in the butt because you have to scoop some out and warm it on your hand before you can use it. Ugh. Didn't cover my circles at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2003 2:04:00 AM More reviews by VanityIVever

I love this concealer. It covers the marks I have from old breakouts very well. It also works well as an eyeshadow base. I do prefer another concealer for the under eye area because this one does tend to be a bit dry and causes me to have to tug at the area to blend it in. I use this in C35 which is a good match in the winter, but is a tad off in the summer time. I only took one lipstick away from the overall rating because I wish they had as varied a color selection for the concealer as the do for the foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2003 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ladyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my staple. I wear NC45 foundation and NW40 concealer. I have a very dark purple (think of a black eye) birthmark under my right eye, and several dark acne scars. This product covers them completely and flawlessly. I've tried Dermablend and Linda Seidel's Natural Cover corrective make up to conceal my birthmark. This MAC concealer runs circles around them. I use a taklon concealer brush to apply. I'll blend it slightly with my finger after I've applied it under my eyes (to warm it). I set it with MAC Sheer powder and it's perfect. Lasts all day. My HG for sure.