April 21, 2014 | 1060 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2057 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2003 6:48:00 AM More reviews by candicewails

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe it's because I live in the tropics, but this concealer is pretty easy to blend and not dry at all. However, for this same reason, it has a tendency to slip and slide (instead of staying where you're trying to put it) everytime you're trying to blend it in. As it is, it isn't all that good for covering dark circles although for minor zits it's ok. I agree that it's affordable and value for money, but I might not buy this one again now that I've found Covermark's Extra Formula foundation. Also, this one tends to crack (not literally, but it creeps/smudges/concentrates into tiny lines- and I'm only 22. If I have it between my brows/eyes, all I have to do is yawn or frown and you get permanent lines in your makeup. It's really embarassing because it's so OBVIOUS that you're wearing concealer. That said, I like that it's one of the few products from MAC that is non-comedogenic. The full coverage foundation- which I used to use cos I thought it'd be a bigger-sized, better-valued version of the concealer, is a little greasier in texture AND breaks me out cos it's not non-pore-clogging.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2003 9:10:00 PM More reviews by semolinapilchard

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

used this for years while always trying others. coverage is obviously good but doesn't cut it anymore on my scars. throughout the day, they're showing through despite being set with powder, etcetc...undereyes, i've got to mix it with something smoother as when dusted, looks very cakey and ages skin quite a bit. wish it lasted longer and wouldn't cake like it does but it does have the best coverage i've found so far...still looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2003 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sassykathy69

this concealer was a MARVEl....not only did it cover my blemishes.....it helped my undereye bags! i just finished it today :-(....BUT NEVER FEAR! im buying some tommorow! ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2003 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Shells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best concealer that I've ever tried. You may have to practice to get the technique just right but the results are well worth it. I got an excellent color match, the best I've ever had, and it blends right into my skin. I don't need foundation when I wear this! I have normal skin and don't find a problem with it being too dry, as others reviewers have mentioned. Kevyn Aucoin actually preferred dry-er textured concealers because they stick better and don't slide off of your skin. This will cover absolutely *anything* I promise, if it doesn't you're not using it correctly. The texture is thick and creamy, and it's rather opaque (a good color match is a *must* for this reason!) and the texture becomes a bit dry as it hits your skin..that's a good thing, it doesn't budge all day. I can see why it would be a problem for undereyes, it's a bit thick for that and could look cakey. I don't have any fine lines yet and I just lightly tap with my ring finger on the inner corner of my eyes to the center of my under eye and it's fine for me. I tap it on blemishes with my finger. For sheerer coverage I spread it with a damp sponge. For bigger problems I tap it on the area with the flat part of a non-latex wedge/sponge. For only $12.50 it's a great product and with some practice (it took me a couple of days to perfect it) it will cover *everything* and just leave you looking like you have flawless skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 11:31:00 AM More reviews by kitty62

Judging from all the previous reviews, (See also "Pot Concealor. I believe we're all talking about the same product.) this is a classic YMMV. I, for one, have never found anything that approaches the dark-circle coverage I get with this. I love the consistency, and with a little eye cream underneath, blending is easy. I've never had a problem with this creeping into lines (I'm 40), and I'm lucky enough to have found a perfect color match (NW20). I also think it's a tremendous value: I have been using the same pot for over a year and more than half is remaining. The SPF15 (titanium dioxide) is also a neat selling point. Occasionally, I've needed to reapply late in the day. (I don't wear any kind of foundation or powder over this. A sweep of powder would probably enhance staying power, but I have never liked the look of powder on my skin.)

This concealor is also great for covering red marks left behind by old blemishes, but because I find that it doesn't really grab on anything very oily, I generally don't use it over active zits. For those, I'd recommend Almay Amazing Lasting. For particularly tough ones, I've used the MAC over the Amazing Lasting with good success.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 7:11:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was not fond of this concealer..The problem is that it is too dry, hard to blend, and does make you look older than you are..I didn't like how it settles into lines and tends to look cakey..This would be great for a younger girl but not after you hit 25..Any lines under your eyes will look 10 times worse..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 10:22:00 AM More reviews by delicious_dish

I love this. It really covers blemishes without looking cakey. It does take a lot of blending and patting with your brush to work it in, but the result is perfect and well worth the effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2003 12:17:00 AM More reviews by BluegrassBabe

Lovin this one! Got the NW20, just about perfect match for me, the best I've found in a concealer. I've been using the fast response cream before applying and it makes application perfect. On my really bad dark circle days I just do two light layers of the conclear blending with a brush and patting with my finger. For blemishes I am using another cream concealer, so I can save my MAC for where it matters, under eyes. This just might become my HG under eye concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2003 12:10:00 PM More reviews by AztecAnnie

I was so disapointed in this product. I bought and wanted to use it for some light under eye circles and minor acne, but this dried way too quickly for me to blend it. I think that it is a total waist of money unless you like super thick and dry concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2003 2:56:00 AM More reviews by ColorOfMyWorld

This comes in a cute little black pot, and is a perfect match for my skin (NC15). It's powder light, and isn't the best at covering -everything- so if you have a really big, red blemish, it may not be the best. It always looks natural though. I don't rec this for undereyes in less you have no fine lines what so ever.