November 1, 2014 | 886 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2096 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by diva2themax

I like this concealer alot. I didn't find it drying at all. In fact I think it's pretty creamy. I use NW20 and mainly for under eyes and red marks. This was my first MAC purchase and it started my obsession.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2003 8:21:00 AM More reviews by faie

This is a creamy concealer that provides medium coverage over dark circles and blemishes. As with other MAC products, the color selection is extensive and my NC30 shade matches my skin perfectly. I like the fact that it has SPF 15, providing a good amount of sun protection for the eye area. However, this product does harden in an air-conditioned or cold environment, making it impossible to blend. A quick blast from the hairdryer fixes the problem. It has a tendency to crease within the fine lines around the eye. Recently I discovered a fix for this: I prime the undereye area with MAC Select foundation before applying the concealer. The creases are greatly minimized this way. This concealer lasts a long time. I think I might have had mine for over a year, and there's still a lot left. Quite economical, considering I use this at least five times a week. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2003 1:46:00 PM More reviews by StephB

After reading the other reviews, I'm wondering if I have an older formula of this item. Mine is very creamy and nice. I use it to conceal my (very dark) undereye circles and any red spots I may have. It works wonderfully and looks natural since the color matches perfectly. It lasts forever - I've had the same container for like a year and a half and I'm still not near the bottom!

EDIT: I still have this same container, but have found that it's not that great under the eyes. I tried Paula Dorf's Total Camouflage and now realize how dry MAC's concealer truly is. It accentuates my little lines under my eye area and looks cakey as the day goes on. I still use it on the occasional blemish, but will never again use it under my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2003 7:10:00 PM More reviews by rahsfut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Kind of a chalky finish for me. I like a smoother concealer, but I'd be willing to change if it didn't mean highlighting the creases around my eye. Just okay.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2003 12:13:00 PM More reviews by janeliwy

this concealer really cannot conceal, so regret to purchase it. it has no staying power at all

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Sparkles67

It is the best on the market with value and quality. The color range is fabulous, and it is just the right consistancy. Not to mention it is great for my dry skin, and my sister with oily skin loves it as well. It is long lasting, and I have tried it all ladies. This is the one. Do not try Stila, that is another story.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2003 5:23:00 PM More reviews by amivins

The slightly dry texture doesn't bother me; in fact, I like it. However, I'm not using it for undereye circles - I can definitely see that it might cake or be difficult to blend in that area. I use it for small discolorations with a very stiff brush and sort of push it into the skin - lasts all day and doesn't "fight" with my foundation. I use NC15 on my neutral PPP skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2003 2:33:00 AM More reviews by mouseinhouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's creamy and lasts long. I don't use foundation and a little of this goes a long way. I keep it in my purse for emergencies. So far I have not had a problem with this product causing break outs and I've been using it for a year. (NC 20 sensitive combination skin.)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2003 11:42:00 PM More reviews by baybeejo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for nearly 10 years and it's the one that i'll stick by for years to come! I've tried physician's formula, elizabeth arden, prescriptives, clinique... but this is by far the best. Covers undereye circles well and looks naturally, just make sure u find the right shade and finish up with powder to set. the small pot lasts AGES TOO! been using mine everyday for nearly 2 years! definitely will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2003 12:22:00 PM More reviews by BluKrystal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewers who say this concealer is dry. I have to make sure I have just enough eye cream under my eyes before I apply this concealer. Too little eye cream will make my fine lines obvious whereas too much will make the concealer wear off easily. It does a good job covering my dark circles, but not completely as they are hereditary. I'll finish using this pot, but I'll try other brands next time.