September 20, 2014 | 1777 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Just_Sara

I love love love this foundation!

The pros:

- It makes my skin feel extremely soft after a day of wearing this and I even have less acne. I never had that in my life! And its oil free. ( It has a time release formula to moisturise the skin.. thats why some poeple find it greasy.)

- Unlike some other foundations.. this product does not accentuate my pores. (Not saying it will totally cover them.. foundation is change of color not texture)

- It reflects the light almost like you own skintone. This one covers like a foundation, but looks more like your own skin tone. Looks great on pictures and in day light.

-Formula feels like a serum. Blendable. Buildable coverage. Little goes a long way.
(Btw.. use a concealer.. A foundation is NOT a concealer)

The con:
For me .. None!!

Coclusion: HG! My skin and my eyes love this foundation. Looks good feels good and moisturises.

I do recommend this product if you want medium coverage and natural looking skin.

Dont recommend it :
-extremly oily/oily skin
-want a full coverage
-want it to stay alllllll day

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ckley

This was a terrible product for my skin. I would not recommend this foundation to those with sensitive, acne-prone and/or oily skin. Though at first application the foundation looked natural on me, about an hour later my skin looked like an oil field. This has never been a problem for me before. In addition, my forehead (which I have never had acne on, I only have acne on my cheeks and chin) broke out in intense small acne - it was impossible to hid. This is the worst experience I've had with foundation. The company could not pay me to wear this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by EVOO

I am a NC25,combination to oily skin. I bought this foundation right before a Christmas party, I wore it from 5 pm to 12 am, this foundation is amazing. After 3 hours of dancing and drinking, I went to the bathroom to check, the coverage is still great. I even got complimented on how great my skin looked. We took some party pictures which made me love this foundation even more. My skin looks glowing in the pictures. I am totally in love it. It is a little bit pricey tho, it is almost the same price with Dior.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My expectations of this foundation were very high because in the year since I started using MUFE products I had never come across anything I didnít love. At that time, my skin was recovering from a horrible case of cystic acne caused by a skincare product and I needed a medium to full coverage foundation to mask the pimples and red hyperpigmentation spots from healed blemishes that were taking over my face. I was blown away at how shade #120 matched my NC30ish/MUFE F&B #32 skin exactly and despite offering good coverage it felt as if I had nothing on my skin.

Unfortunately I had a hard time making this work on me and in the end I gave up. This foundation made my combination skin look very oily and magnified dry patches on face I didnít even know I had. Applying a primer underneath helped but if I had trouble controlling oil during the winter when my skin becomes normal to dry, would everything be helpless during the warmer months when my skin becomes oilier?

My Prescriptives brush gave me the most natural looking result but it gave me medium coverage and I needed almost full coverage. I also tried using two different sponges, a kabuki brush and the MAC 187 brush but it was difficult for me to achieve the desired level of coverage without having it look heavy and obvious.

I can see why this is a HG product for some but with the skin I have now, itís not right for me but I might consider repurchasing it in the futureÖ

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by msimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have normal skin and have been a MUFE Face & Body foundation wearer for over a year now. I tried this out in shade 120. Its definitely more coverage than F&B. I pump 2-3 pumps on my hand and use my finger to dot it on areas on my face. Then i quickly blend with my mac 187 brush in small circular motions. You have to blend this foundation rather quickly as it dries to a powdery finish once it spreads out. It gives a flawless airbrushed look. I set it with the MUFE HD Powder. Accompanied with my mufe lift concealer, YSL Touch Eclat and Guerlain Beige Chic ballz, and some bronzer - this combo gives me airbrushed glowy smooth skin.
UPDATE: I bumped this from a 4 to a 5. I changed up the way I apply it - and started using my fingers. I pump 1-1.5 pumps on the back of my hand and use my fingers to apply. I dont know if its because my temperature warms up the foundation, but i have found that with this method i acheive such a truly flawless coverage. I ended up finishing my bottle and have already repurchased. I think this is now my favorite foundation (for now haha).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a DDD (MAC NW50 ... but with more of a red undertone). I found this foundation to be mask-y, not at all subtle and worst of all, it rubbed off on everything! The SA at Sephora actually tried to talk me out of buying it but I was pretty determined and went home with it anyway. After applying with a brush (and then another time with my fingers and a third time with a sponge) I finally gave up and returned it to the store.
I gave it a two because the color match was actually pretty spot-on but I just didn't dig the texture. I'm still a big fan of the MUFE line ... I use the primer all over, dot the five-color concealer over my trouble spots, then dust with MAC's loose powder in deep dark. Keeps me looking pretty cute most of the day! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by bellarosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at Sephora and will definitely be purchasing it. The coverage is great - not too light or too heavy (i.e. cakey). I apply moisturer, primer, then the foundation and set it with powder. It lasts all day for me. The MA at Sephora matched me with #120 and its perfect. I've tried so many foundations - Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC and this is the best of the bunch, for me anyway. Get a sample at Sephora first if you're unsure purchasing it because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by hownowbrownmj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, this does what it says it'll do...on my skin, up close, there is no tell-tale sign that I'm wearing liquid makeup. This seems a little less oily than my Matte Velvet (also by MUFE), and the color selection is extensive, with a lot of choices with yellow undertones (not pink) available. Don't know that it's my HG, but it is a good go-to for everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by shesseder

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn' feel heavy, doesn't clog pores, good coverage, looks natural, but it turns orange, at least it does on my skin. That's the reason I took two lipsticks away. I don't like to look like Pumpkin Head at the end of the day. For that price, I expect better ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by rallu

The color 120 looks exactly like dior linen and it should be the perfect color for me but because it has a sheer coverage my redness still shows through and after 2 hours it gets oily and starts disappearing.