Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/17/2009 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This product made me breakout worse than any other make-up or skincare product I have ever tried. It took almost 3 months and many facials to get my skin back under control. Besides that, it was not even a great foundation. Coverage was okay, color did match well, but just made my complexion appear "dull". Add in the high price tag and I would have to say that this is probably the worst thing I have ever bought in all my years of make-up obsession.

on 4/15/2009 8:01:00 PM

I got this in the lightest shade (have since forgotten the name, sorry.) and I tried it on. It looked cakey and miserable on me. and I literally wore it for a total of 1 hour while testing it at my house, and I was nursing dry, irritated red patches of skin for like, the next week. What the heck is this? Why does everyone love this? Needless to say it promptly went back.

on 4/15/2009 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After hearing that using MAC foundations will damage your skin in the long-run, I started looking for something new. I tried this on a recommendation from a make-up artist friend. It has great coverage and feels really light on my skin, no matter how much I use! The colour match is absolutely perfect (I'm usually an NC35/40 and the MUFE shade I'm using is 123, for anyone who's curious). I have no complaints, though a lower price for this would be icing on the cake :).

on 4/15/2009 4:27:00 PM

Amazing foundation. I also love the packing. Just for reference, I am an NC20/25 - MAC and here I am 118. Perfect color for me. The color match with this one is so much better than the MAC foundations i have tried. I use the green HD primer in green, then i put mu concelear, then this foundation. It looks flawless. I like using either the MAC 109 brush or my new favorite for liquid foundation application the beauty blender or Sonia Kashuk sponge blender. The coverage it is medium to full, and very light weight. The only downside to it for me, is that it does not always last all day as my La Mer foundation. But it does last a lot longer than any other one i have tried. Regardless I highly recommend this foundation.

on 4/14/2009 10:56:00 PM

I am so disappointed! This makeup didn't hold up to my grueling work days (13+ hours) made my face look "dirty" after a few hours. I also broke out.

It does glide on beautifully. If you have good skin give this product a try.

on 4/14/2009 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i was very skeptical about this at first, not really a fan of liquid make up plus the mixed reviews everywhere. but i needed coverage and just wanted to try something other than mineral make up. im so glad i did!!! i read the reviews and followed suggestions to use all the MUFE HD products together. i thought, hmm that could get expensive but what the heck, ill try it anyway. i used the HD primer in green to cover up my red spot and the blue to brighten the rest of my face. let it dry for about a minute and followed with the HD foundation, waited about a minute, then applied concealer, color, etc. set with the HD powder... WOW. no heavy feeling, i think liquid foundation have come a long way. it feels almost as light as my bare escentuals. ive been using this combo for 2 weeks and so far, it has yet to disappoint me. my pictures come out radiant, my combo complexion never looked oily in pictures even at the end of the day. all i had to do was blot one time in the 8 or so hours i wore it in 73* weather. if you touch your face, it might feel oily after about 4 hours but if you look in the mirror, you just look dewy. best of all, i went to sleep with it coz was dead tired after our easter party and i woke up with my face still looking nice and no breakouts. i am acne prone, btw.

ive never used liquid foundation so i dont really know how long this will last, but when used with the HD primer, i didnt have to put on a lot, maybe just 2 pumps.

the price, even the combo price, is worth it.

on 4/14/2009 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i bought this a few days ago at sephore after hearing the nice reiews on MUA. i've been on a search for foundation for a while now, and everything i've tried has been a huge disappointment, i've gone through MAC studio tech, moisture blend, BE, even a few cheap drug store ones. noooo luck. until now! i won't go as far as to say HG, but it is very nice. it goes on sooo smooth without streaking or anything. others seemed to make my face look worse than it was to begin with, i have dry skin, so i need lots of moisturizer and exfoliants. this doesn't dry my skin out or look cakey at all. just smooth and glowy, like i prefer. only one issue i may be having, i bought 110, because i'm PPP, and it seems like maybe it dries a little darker. not toooo dark though, nothing i can't handle, it's still worth the price. ;)

on 4/11/2009 4:48:00 PM

Well I gave this a fair shot. I even tried this in two different colors hoping to find a better color match. I've been looking for a replacement for EL Double Wear since I can't find a color that doesn't look orange on me. For $40 I would expect this to look great and last all day, but no such luck. This didn't give me the coverage I wanted or did it have the staying power. Really can't say I liked much about this.

HATE this foundation!!!!! I don't say that about many products, but when I'm told that I look older wearing this than I do without any make-up on...that says something! Also it broke me out horribly! This foundation is supposed to be amazing...but for my skin it just doesn't work. I have combination (oily T-zone) skin. I don't have sensitive skin, but with this I felt my skin tingle to an eventual slight burning sensation (as the day wore on).

on 4/10/2009 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

HYPE
Color Match sucks a lot yellow
consistence horrible i feel like have a mask on
and of course you look like u obviously like you are using make up