Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 10/8/2008 9:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Positive:
*Uhm...
Negative:
*Packaging: a jar, so you have to put your fingers in the jar to apply it.
*Colour range: not big enough, moderate choice of tones.
*Quality: doesn't stay matte, hard to blend well, unnatural coverage
*Texture: chunky and feels a bit greasy
*Staying power; melts away quickly
For a matte finish I prefer Clinique Superfit. More blendable and a matte finish that looks more natural.

on 10/7/2008 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I definitely went through my phase of using this foundation and loving it but after a while i found i had skintone and coverage issues- it was lumpy rather than smooth as time wore on and their tan range was all too dark for my skin, whereas medium was too light. This is nothing new to me with foundations, i struggle to find my shade in any brand hehe...
i love the idea of this foundation but given i cannot find the right shade i cannot say i would use it, plus the texture means coverage gets worse over time.
No breakouts or dryness on my combination skin, it was fine.

on 10/7/2008 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product. I don't wear foundation, but it makes a great concealer - the perfect mix of liquid and powder! Comes in a variety of shades and feels like velvet. The jar is small enough to throw into your purse and lasts forever.

on 10/7/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have oily/dry skin. Combo-like. At first, this worked okay. Covered well. Matted. Sometimes, after a while, it made my face feel disgusting, badly covered and oily feeling. Right now, it's making my skin quite dry. I have trouble applying it evenly even with a moisturizer. It was good at first, but my skin didn't appreciate the little breakouts.

on 10/5/2008 8:08:00 PM

well the texture of this product is amazign so airy and soft it applies awesomely to my skin it melts into it. it has a great matte finish while actually looking natural but my face looks very light s im going to rate it a 4/5

on 10/5/2008 5:43:00 PM

-matte
-doesn't really cause breakouts

not so goods:
-splotchy, uneven application
-sometimes rubs off/doesn't last super long
-looks greasy after a short time

overall, not really impressed. a solid product that i think is overhyped up (or at least it is overhyped by my friends)

on 10/5/2008 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation. it's really matte and glides onto your skin really easily. there's one problem though, for me, it doesn't last very long at all.

on 10/4/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I think this stuff is a bit too thick for foundation. But it is the ULTIMATE concealer! I use it under my eye area to cover the dark circles. This also covers up any minor scars/spots if used correctly.

Use foundation above it and you'll look flawless!

on 10/4/2008 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't see why this foundation has such horrible reviews - so many people I know use it. I can't say that it is my HG, but it is in my rotation of foundations. I use it in Medium 2, which is the best match I could find, although it's still not perfect. I apply with a wet sponge, which gives decent coverage for good skin days. Sometimes, I use it as concealer under liquid make-up. I generally find myself happy with the look and it does last, but powder or oil sheets are necessary at some point.

At first when I bought this I was really excited to try it I heard alot of good things about it unfortunately when I tried it i didn't have very much coverage was hard to blend into my skin and looked horrible if I didn't blend really well. And when winter came and my face became drier than normal it looked flaky it was horrible. However it is really good eye make up I don't know why but when it goes onto your eye lids it feels completely different it feels so much more smooth and when it goes on it feels like its literally gliding on to your skin. All in all It doesn't work very well for my face but great for my eyes I probably wouldn't buy it again but enjoyed trying it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera