July 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Lolli4000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first foundation that I bought around 2 years ago. Initally it was a good product that didn't break me out, and I didn't look overly shiny. But after a while the texture of the foundation changes and it does not give the same application. The glass jar is a bit impratical but the price is veey good. Maybelline products are also on offer often in Superdrug.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

This is the first time i've tried a drugstore foundation, as i have to admit to being a bit if a makeup label snob. And i am definately impressed.
I have combination skin (dryish on my cheeks, oilyish on my forehead and chin), and this seems to work well on my whole face. It gives amazing coverage, as i have redness (possibly rosacea) on my cheeks, and this covers the redness, plus blemishes and scars, which otherwise are quite noticeable.
To begin with, i saw quite a few spots appearing when i started using this foundation, and was tempted to stop using it, but i am almost at the end of my first pot, and am not getting spots anymore, so this could have been unrelated.
The texture is fantsatic, feels air soft and as though i'm not wearing any makeup. Don't need powder over the top usually, as this gives an almost flawless finish.
A couple of tips:
Moisturise really well about 5 minutes before you put it on
and
Use a foundation brush, as you will get an almost perfect finish and you can build the coverage to what you need.
Anyway, i've rambled, so i'll stop now, but if you want a drugstore foundation, this is it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 7:05:00 AM More reviews by siameselouise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Although I think I'm pretty knowledgable about makeup, choosing foundation has always been hard for me. Getting both the color and texture right is a feat worthy of a medal, in my book! My 37 year old skin is still oily, although not as oily as during my teenage years, and even though I'm olive I'm very light. (I've been avoiding the sun religiously--even though I used to tan beautifully!--for 12+ years now--don't want more wrinkles than absolutely necessary!) Before stumbling onto this, I had been using Bare Escentuals, but blending several colors to make up a "perfect" shade was a pain. I had tried the Dream Matte eye shadows and blush and loved them, so I thought I'd give this a try. Boy, was I ever impressed! The application took a little getting used to, but this is probably the best foundation I've ever used! It wears incredibly well, even on my oily skin during our hot, steamy Deep South summers. It feels great on the skin, leaving it touchable and not at all masklike. The colors are great--there was a perfect one for me and one for my light pink/vanilla mom, too! My 88 year old grandmother recently started wearing it on occasion! I would definitely give this one a try, ladies--wish it'd been around years ago!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by thechinesericeball

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, first off everyone should know that I'm super picky about my foundations. I change them alot, and my tastes change.

I never really used to have any acne, but for a while back I was breaking out pretty bad. Usually I like the dewy look of tinted foundations, but it looked awful and drew more attention to zits.

I was pretty surprised about this stuff
PROS:
-I noticed that after about an hour, it hadn't worn off but looked kinda dewy on my skin!
-Excellent coverage!
-Not drying (at least on my combo skin)
try putting on lotion or philosophy's the present!
-lasts pretty long (on face, and the jar)
-not all the colors are perfect but at one point found one with yellowish tones (the medium 2.5 I think) that looked more like my skin tone than alot of other brands.

CONS:
-the little jar is not very hygienic
-a bit more difficult to blend if you don't use enough

well my acne has cleared up significantly, but I plan to continue using this, probably go back to tinted when it gets hotter and for daytime. But I'll still use this for night.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I am a bit of a snob anymore when it comes to foundations. I generally avoid the d/s brands just because I have yet to find one that matches or wears well enough. But, after reading reviews here, I thought I might as well try this. I really lucked out as I found a swapper with a brand new, unopened one in a shade that looked to be close to mine (Ivory 2-3). Turned out to be dead on. I was a little skeptical about the mousse/jar formulation. Not my style, but I realized that just barely brushing my finger through it and dabbing it around my face, blending in with fingers, it really covered my splotchy, pink, uneven tones really well! I figured I'd see how things go through the day. I will admit, I probably have to touch up (with either the Dream Matte Pressed, or my HG MAC Blot) an extra time (3 vs 2 times...come on, big deal!) but for the price, I'm willing to say this could be a keeper. It's early to tell so I'll plan to update later....see how it wears into summer and see if I get any breakouts, but so far, it's rivaling my HG Merle Norman Lasting Foundation at less than half the price. Keeping my fingers crossed! UPDATE: I'm still freaked out that this wears so well. I got a sample of MUFE Mat Velvet + and this is better in my opinion. Better color, realistic finish, everything. The key is to *barely* use any. I think a lot of the reviewers that complain of cakiness are using too much. I used too much by accident one day and it didn't look good at all. Less is more!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by bittersweetjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised that an oily-skinned girl like me has had such luck with a creamy foundation like this. The things I like about it are: it gives good medium coverage; the lightest color works really well for my ivory complexion; and it doesn't fade or slide off like a lot of liquid foundations do. The only thing I would suggest is to warm it a bit between your thumb and forefinger before applying. That prevents it from balling up and helps it go on smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by xin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

hm, this foundation feels so soft on my skin, and i like the smell. but i dunno why, i feel like it's a little difficult to apply it perfectly at my skin, coz it;s too sticky as a half creme foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by eyeleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This makes my skin look so smooth and my pores disappear. It doesn't make me break out either, and the texture is really nice. My only complaints are that it oxidizes a little bit (my skin is really fair, so it's noticable) and it doesn't last. Like, at all. It rubs right off. And the container is quite heavy for such a small amount of product.
update: I had to take a few lippies off. It looks amazing when you first apply it, but that lasts about ten minutes :/

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by k3ll3y

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a few years (I want to say since it first came out). I do like it and I find that it gives good coverage and makes my huge pores look smaller. It doesn't make my skin feel greasy, but I do have to touch up mid-afternoon to get that fresh look again. I think once you open the container the air makes it not as "dreamy" but it seems to work all the same. I'll keep it around as long as I can. It does come off on clothes, people, things...just a warning. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by angeldemonhick

I love this product! it is soft on your skin won't break you out. looks very natural and can match your skin tone. does not feel thick or heavy on your face goes on smooth and doesn't smear. B+