August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by maggiejane92

I do not see how people hate this product to tell you the truth. It works wonders! Usually my face looks cakey and dry but with this it looks as though my skin is flawless and natural. This product is so easy to apply and really looks fantastic on every skin tone. I recommend this foundation to every woman seeking great, long-lasting coverage that never sweats off and never looks cakey! The very best I have ever tried, without a doubt. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by staceb1990

I saw that this was on sale and bought it. I've always wanted to try it and thought now would be the time. This morning I put it on without any moisturizer, thinking my skin is oily enough. That was my first mistake. This clung to all my pimples and dry spots. So I washed off and tried again on a moisturized, primed face and I love it! I used my 187 with this and it gave me the perfect coverage. I also really like the 109 for it. This is also a wonderful color for my skin. The only thing that bugs me is that it cakes up on my nose where my eyeglasses hit.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by onigiripie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You dont want to buy this product if you dont have clear skin and you want something with really good coverage. I dont have many marks on my face but because my skin is very dry and this product has abit of a powdery feel after applying you could see all the dry parts of my skin. However, on good days, I found that just adding alittle did cover the redness of the dry parts well. It's not too bad, so i will say "yes" to buying it again, however if i do it wont be anytime soon just because there are many other products that i want to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by spongy

Yet another disappointing drug store foundation.. it felt fairly greasy and didn't cover well. it only looked somewhat good in certain lights...flourescent lights and when i stepped outdoors made me look like i caked on a heavy layer of makeup when in reality, i only put a small amount on my face. It made my skin look dry and discolored. It literally seemed like parts of my skin was flaking and peeling off. I could live without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it has been a while since i last used this product, maybe 2 years ago and it worked great back when i still had okay skin .. haha .. i would say it has an average coverage and is easy to pack on without the cakey look .. very smooth texture but the packaging isnt that great since the product can be easily contaminated but would repurchase in the near future. i also have the dream matte powder and have been using it as of now, for some reason it does not work as well as the mouse, it does not stay on and a lot of times i would use it to control the shine on my skin but it really dries it up when applied, and after a while it just gets really oily .. would not repurchase the powder it sucks

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 3:54:00 AM More reviews by SophH

I brought this on the review of a friend. I don't like trying on foundations in store (unless it is a clean sample) so I found the best colour match on my hand and took it home. I'm usually good at picking the right shade but this was at least three shades too pale once I got it on my face. The texture was not fun to work with and despite my blending efforts it still didn't go on nicely.

The packaging is awful and the foundation dries up and turns a funny colour very quickly.

So I'm not a big fan. However, I have found it to be a good concealer-it covers reddness very well.As a concealer I would give is a 3 or 4.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by littlecinderella

i bought it a few years ago when i was an amateur to make-up, and i hate it. it flakes on the skin, and you can tell were it starts and ends, and looks awful in the hairline! i love the texture though, very smooth :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by ally5172

I have tried this in both Ivory and Champagne. Both are a little orange for me so I want to try Cameo :P I really like the texture of this; it's not heavy, and it makes my skin feel lovely and look lovely too ;) It gets rid of the weird red I have around my nose. I also like the pot. Easy to carry around and it's not messy. I wish it was a bit cheaper, however! Would repurchase.

Also, to the people who say it is too 'cakey' - you're probably using way too much. You need the tiniest amount, it goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is pure, utter crap. The idea of a mousse foundation was a good one, but the payoff is beyond bad. This foundation shows up even slight dry patches on the face, so you'll have to use an exfoliator + moisturiser each time you apply it.

The little jar looks pretty, but is not sanitary in the slightest. Yes, I wash my hands before putting my fingers in it, but if you're out & want to do a little touch up, you'll need to drag your bathroom sink along with you otherwise you'll have to dip your dirty fingers in it & put all the germs on your face.

It looks extremely cakey -- you can definately tell you're wearing foundation when you have this on, so if you're going for the "natural" look, you may want to skip this. I feel like my pores are clogged whenever I put this on, & I must be right because I break out everytime I use it. I assumed the mousse texture of this foundation would make it easy to blend, but I don't find it all that blendable & I have to use a fair amount on my cheeks & forehead.

Would not recommend or repurchase. Not even if someone paid me. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Rockkrock

Oh this is a terrible product for dry skin, it comes on very uneven and not smooth, and you can see parts of it peeling off like a eraser. It also sinks into your wrinkles to make it more noticable.