October 23, 2014 | 968 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by chinkyeyez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought this yesterday tried it on and it matched perfectly and didnt act funny. I have been eyeing this product since 2006. I always walked pass it in walgreens and looked at the cocoa shade i thought it would be too dark for me. The packaging is really deceiving. I already knew the caramel would be way too light. They need to make an inbetween shade but i opened cocoa tried it on and it matched perfectly it didnt even look like i was wearing make up. I applied it with my fingers. Im going to do a ultimate test and take a picture with my digital camera to see if it looks okay because i want to wear it to school on my first day and do not want to look a mess lol

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ef604

I like this foundation. The first time I applied it I used my MAC 190 brush and I was amazed how flawless my face looked. Then I used it for a couple more days and really was not impressed with the staying power. It was not controlling my oil production as much as I had hoped. So, I threw it im my makeup case and moved on to another well reviewed foundation for oily skin, Revlon Beyond Natural. Well.... That's when I realized how much I really liked the Dream Mousse. It may not be exactly a "dream", but it works well. I am wearing it right now! I would definitely recommed applying it with a foundation brush for best results.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by abetdarkness

I really would like to say that I would buy this product again, because it looks flawless ! I love how good looks on skin, but sadly this wonderful foundation clogs the pores, so by the end of the day you gonna have a little surprise ! ... pimples ! if your skin is not acne-prone, maybe you will love this foundation, but if you have acne or you are acne-prone, don't waste your money ! because it's gonna make your acne worst !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lelaelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Probably my favorite drugstore foundation.
Really makes the skin feel soft, look nearly perfect and lasts quite a while.
I wish they had a shade for me because I really hate mixing shades to get the right one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by shooootor

This is my first review ever
and ive been creeping on makupalley for about a year!
My reason? to warn people because I feel like I should:
this crap gave me the WORST break out of my entire life
the break out was so bad it took 3 whole months to fully clear up.This product is pure silicone that just sits on skin and clogs pores. It LOOKS nice at first but if your acne prone
I advise you to stay the h-e-l-l away from this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too grainy, thick and oily.

I thought this was going to be a wonderful foundation invention for my skin! Alas, it wasn't to be... The colour selection is pretty bad and tend to turn orange. I don't like sticking my finger into the pot each time either (although I do make sure my hands are clean!).

I think this actually accentuated any dry patches of skin I had. The only good thing I can think of is that it did make my skin feel silky smooth when I first applied it, but it didn't make it look any better...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation was freakishly smooth. It covered everything perfectly. It's tricky to blend, but after one or two tries I got the hang of it. It lasts a while, which is one of the most important qualities to me. You don't get a lot, but the coverage is good enough that you don't use a lot either. Overall this product was definately worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Pegk

I have used many, many high-end foundations over the years and I can't believe I'm even writing this about such an inexpensive product but I LOVE this stuff! I have been searching for something that I can wear in the summer because I have oily skin in my t-zone and this is the bomb. I have taken so many foundations back to Ulta because I end up not liking the color or texture. This product is great for oily skin and the finished look is that of a high-end foundation. I bought 2 different colors and I blend them together on the back of my hand and use a foundation brush to apply. I'm very happy with the end result and will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I liked this foundation, because it gave me smooth and great coverage through out the day while at work, BUT as soon as 5pm hits and I am going home then I start to look like I am sweaty and greasy looking from my face :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by hallonchris182

after seeing the commercial and thought it looked fantastic wishing i would get the same results as in the commercial i went and bought it for about 10 dollars at cvs.i had trouble findin my shade but got one close to my skin color n i like it alot i mostly use it as a primer for the eyes and blush around the cheeks goes on smooth n a little goes a very long way but if u apply too much will look cakey does give a matte look i think it would work better on oily skin cuz it dried out my skin a bit but still use it n love it next time ill buy a lighter shade