October 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by RhoRho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered this from Macy's with no hope of it coming in before six to eight weeks. Well lo and behold it came today and it is the BEST palette ever! Super pigmented, super great colors, just wish it came with a super brush/brushes instead of the liner. Oh well, no biggie, I will definately be re-purchasing this when it runs out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't know what more to add to what everyone else has already said. This is an amazing palette with great value for the money. It's fairly easy to travel with and you can get A LOT of different looks from natural to smokey with this. I'm glad that it's a permanent palette because I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by silverashes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

at first, i didn't think this would was worth all the hype. i passed it several times before finally deciding to get it, and i'm so glad i did. yes, the colors are all neutral, so you may not need this if you have a ton of neutrals, but i have plenty and still love it. there's just about every color you could ask for while still being wearable - toasted and hustle are mauve/plummy, gunmetal is a gray navy, creep is great for darkening anything without being intense black, darkhorse is slightly olive, buck and naked are amazingly soft mattes, and the others are beautiful champagnes, golds, and browns. sidecar, while glittery, is almost taupe. so really, you're getting an amazing selection of wearable shadows that aren't boring. the quality of them, especially the mattes, is spectacular also; they're miles above most MAC shadows.

the eyeliners are great, also - i personally didn't like the full size zero, but the little one is much better. it's smaller in circumference, which makes it easier to work with. i'm not a fan of whiskey simply because i don't like the color, but that's no fault of the product. the mini primer potion is nice, i have the full size, but i'm saving this for travel.

after owning this for a couple of weeks, i would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone. it's absolutely perfect for school or work, and surprisingly convenient having so many great shades all in one palette. i can see this being fantastic for traveling, also. i've used it every single day since purchasing it, and i'm almost positive i will continue to. it's probably the best forty-something dollars i've ever spent:)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was lucky enough to get this palette quite a while ago when others couldnt seem to get their hands on it and still can not. My hint for everyone is Sephora and the UD site are out of stock A LOT but I got mine from ULTA online. They seemed to have it longer then anyone else. I kind of think that a lot of people were caught up in getting it from Sephora and UD that they forgot to check ULTA as I did for at least a week LOL.

I have to say that this palette is a STEAL! The shadows are 1.3 grams and UDs other single shadows are 1.5 grams so they are the just VERY slightly smaller then their singles that cost $17.00 a piece. So there are 12 of those so if you figure out the math that would be $204 not including the eyeliner (aprox $20 cause 1 full in 20 and it is half one color half another) and primer potion (not to sure of the cost of the sample size)

I was just reading on Temptalia and it says the shadows are 0.05oz and that is the same as the singles so I am not sure which is right but either way it is still a STEAL!!

What I am getting at is $44 for this is a STEAL! Also there are 5 new exclusive shades in this palette so that is awesome right there.
I know it is hard to get your hands on but this palette is AMAZING!
Yes I have TONS of neutral shadows but these UD shadows are so creamy and they dont (most) have that terrible fall out that some other UD shadows do so that is a major plus to me! There are also some matte shades in which I know A LOT of people are excited about because NO other UD palette has included matte shades before. The matte shades are just as creamy and pigmented as all their other shadows which I was surprised to see.

So onto the review! I love every single color in this palette. As I was saying yes I have A LOT of neutral shadows but this is so easy to just grab when you are half asleep and not have to think too hard about what kind of look you are going to put together! I know a lot of younger kids that do not have jobs are saying that their parents say that it is too pricey to buy and I get that as a mother but explain the deal you are getting as I wrote out above because its a steal and watch your Mom may want one to or you will go into your room to see it missing LOL!!

The colors that I find myself grabbing for A LOT in this palette are:

Virgin- first in the palette and a great inner corner high light! It isnt so much shimmery or frosty its hard to explain kind of pearly!

Sin- A champagne PERFECT for all over the lid with a darker matte color in the crease and even darker shadow in the out V that is what I have been doing A LOT since I got it.

Naked- OF COURSE it is a great transition color to help blend out other colors in the crease or to just put in the crease

Hustle- plum brown! PERFECT for fall but what I have been doing is using this in the outer V and it is stunning on my green eyes with Sin on the lid

I really like all the colors in this palette a lot and that is hard to come by normally i dont like at least 3 lol. I love the last 2 colors in the palette as well (creep and gunmetal) they are perfect for a smokey eye! You cant go wrong!

So all around do I think that everyone needs this palette YES! Do I think UD needs to make more YES cause I totally want to buy another one! It is a must have for work school and even going out cause you have everything you need in 1 palette!! Also I wanted to mention that I make youtube videos and I watch A LOT as well! I was seeing this palette in A LOT of videos and I need to tell you all that the pictures and videos DO NOT do these shadows justice what so ever! When I opened my palette for the first time I was so taken back by how pretty and different each color was! You need to see and swatch this in person to see the beauty and depth of each shadow.

Another big thing that I love about this palette is that it will work on women of ALL color! From the fairest of fair like me to the darkest of dark! That is why I want to buy another one, for my kit. So dont think cause you are fair or darker complected that it wont work for you because it will!

THANKS FOR READING!!!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Jennee_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been searching for this beauty for weeks and after going into Sephora and once more being told they were still sold out...I gave up. I then walked into Macy's, only to discover a brand new UD counter being stocked. Behold!!!!! My wish was answered and there was a full row of the Naked palettes....I walked...quickly....and grabbed the treasure......

I have since then had fun with it everyday trying different combos and I must say it was worth the wait!!!!! Beautiful colors, Virgin is amazing!!!! It is a perfect all over lid color. All this for $44....unbelievable....I would have paid more for sure!!!! I do have the Alice Book of Shadows palette as well, so I do have a few repeat shadows, but I honestly do not mind. Go get one now ladies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I finally got my mitts on UD's new palette. I love the chocolate brown velvet flocking on the case and the golden embossing.The double ended 24/7 in Zero and Whiskey+a mini PP is nice too. I really like the color Virgin and I hope they decide to make it a full size, same with Whiskey eyeliner.Virgin is a great lid wash color to hide any veins or discoloration on fair skinned beauties.This palette offers a great array of neutral shades and options to create a glamorous smokey eye.
Darkhorse was not a favorite it seemed chalky to me.
This is a permanent item in UD's line now so please DO NOT pay an arm and leg for it on Ebay. It is a little too hyped, none the less nice. A must have? No because most of us have identical neutrals in our kits all ready.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by neslin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a goregeous palette packed with beautiful nude colors ! The packaging feels so luxurious and sexy ! However I'm a little disappointed. It's my first Urban Decay purchase ever,our Sephora doen't carry UD in my country, so i had to get it from ebay (paying a little bit extra). When I saw this all over MU boards and blogs I just had to have it! Before purchasing this palette make sure you don't have similar colors already because after i swatched couple of colors with what i had i found out lots of dupes. Some of my MAC ones were almost identical. They all have great pigmentation but I don't think I'll ever get another palette from UD, MAC e/s are so much better in pigmentation and color scheme. If you're just starting out with makeup or you're a collector don't hesitate to buy it. The best part: double sided Zero & Whiskey eye pencil, so gorg !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by BKDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only eyeshadow palette I own. Perfect for a neutral girl like myself. Its my introduction to Urban Decay and so far I have not been disappointed. For the amount of product you receive, you cant beat the price. Its worth every penny!! Love it!

edited to add: I'm so frustrated with this palette. I've tried to love it, really I have but the glitter prevents it. Ugh!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by CathleenM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I *love* this palette. It's my first ever eyeshadow palette, and my first exposure to Urban Decay eyeshadows, and wow.... I am now an Urban Decay addict thanks to this product. The packaging is awesome, much nicer and sleeker than the Books of Shadows. The velvet is a little obnoxious, but only because I have cats and a dog, and pet hair loves to stick to velvet. The shadows are all very useful on me, and NC15, with Buck, Virgin and Half Baked being by far my favorites. There is only one shadow I don't like, Gunmetal, it is a really pretty color but it has alot of glitter fallout and my eyes watered like crazy from fallen glitter the whole day on the one day I wore it. This is an excellent neutrals palette, I don't feel the need to buy any other neutrals now that I own this, it's enough to keep a girl in neutrals for ages, especially because the eye shadows are all full size!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!!!!!! Best palette EVER!!!