October 25, 2014 | 1634 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by drawingdami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very blotchy, scarred, acne prone skin, but it is also very dry and flaky. This makeup covers all of my scars very nicely and lasts most of the day. It has not broken me out, and my face doesn't look dry or caked. I also really like the pump dispenser, although I wish it disbursed a little less each pump. I also tried the primer, and while it does help to hold the foundation, it makes the foundation too orange for my skintone. Otherwise, I am very, very pleased with this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This broke me out something horrible! I have fairly clear skin, I usually break out once a month during TOM, and haven't been due to my Thermaclear, but I now have a face full of zits thanks to the HD foundation! I even broke out ON my eyebrow because of this (but luckily my eyebrow hair covers it)

Aside from the breaking out part, this foundation is nothing special. I've gotten similar results from a drugstore foundation that costs 1/4 of the price. It gives okay coverage, but it leaves a mask-like appearance on the face, no matter how much you blend. It also adhered to every dry patch on my skin and made it look horrible. This is going back to Sephora. What a big disappointment!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by pandabear33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate this crap. I received it as a gift and was SO excited to try it since i'd heard all of the hype surrounding it. The first few times I wore it, I was impressed...coverage was medium/full and it blended very nicely on my dry skin. As I continued to wear it, I noticed that my skin was feeling really unnaturally oily & the feeling lasted even when I wasn't wearing the foundation. Within a few weeks, I broke out SO BADLY. I get occasional hormonal breakouts, but nothing like this. These suckers were big & angry. I attributed it to the time of the month, or perhaps another makeup product I was using...But I stopped everything new I had been trying EXCEPT for this foundation and my skin was still reacting badly. Finally, I had to give up. It was definitely this stuff that caused my skin to go to hell in a handbasket. If you have sensitive skin like me, I would suggest staying far away from this. I'm done experimenting with foundations - its not worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Cordy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was used to Stila's foundation when I decided to try something new. I'm ecstatic that I did because this is far more natural looking than my old HG. I found this foundation to give me excellent coverage. The amount I use depends on whether I'm in the mood to show off or cover my freckles. Thankfully I've not had a single blemish since using this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by pappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been neglecting this site with my reviews. Sephora has a review option now...
Anyway, this product did not cover as much as i had anticipated. Also it didn't last long at all. And i am only resting today with this on. Colors are not great either.
SUCH a DISAPPOINTMENT.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Denise18

I really wanted to love this foundation based on all the raves here, but I just couldn't. Shade 118 was a great match for me (MAC NC20) and the coverage was excellent. However, it exaggerated every imperfection in my combo skin, settled into my fine lines and pores, and made my cheeks look dry and flaky. Within an hour or so, my T-zone looked like a grease pit and my pores looked like an orange skin. Not a good look. :( Sadly, this went back to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by gettingold

Went to get this at Sephora and the #125 matches EXACTLY with my winter skin color. It is a liquid that can go on pretty sheer--my freckles still can be seen--but of course, you can use more if you want. I liked the way it evened out my skin and made it look like a more perfect version of myself, not masky at all. Not oily either. It was very comfortable and I like that it comes in a pump to keep the rest of the liquid clean and fresh. However, towards the end of the day, my eyes do tell me to take it off (I cannot wear eye makeup because of sensitive eyes) and it does not have SPF, which is important for someone who does not have a lot of time to get made up because of children and would rather get more beauty sleep if given a choice. i will be using this more in the winter than in the summer, when I plan to wear a tinted moisturizer. So this container is going to last me a VERY long time. Who knows what will be available once I'm out? I would buy this again unless I find an all-natural one with SPF that matches my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by JeneenL

I rebought this foundation in my correct shade. Last time I bought it the Sephora sales girl couldn't be bothered to help me and gave me the wrong color. Anyway, I found a nice girl today and she helped me find the right shade. I came home and tried and it and loved it! Keeping my fingers crossed I don't break out b/c I have very sensitive skin. If it all works out this will be my HG of foundations! Good coverage(have acne scars) didn't get oily, nice color match. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by nicoyaserena

i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by nlminer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! I had never found a liquid foundation that I liked until this product. I was an avid BM foundation wearer, but I found my skin to be really dry so I wanted to try a liquid foundation. This stuff is great because it is so easy to use (love the pump), lasts all day on me, disappears into my skin, gives me a great medium coverage that evens out my face, covers small blemishes, and doesn't look makeup-y at all. I have gotten numerous comments on my skin since wearing this. I only need 1 pump to cover my whole face, so that justifies the price. I prefer to use it with a skunk brush and stipple it all over my face before blending it in. Works great! I recommend it!