Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/24/2009 3:05:00 PM

Price: $50 CDN at Sephora. Not worth it.

Colour: MUFE colour section is the greatest thing going on for this product - caters to many people of colour. The colour of the product stayed true on me.

Staying power: not good. This foundation loved to streak the direction of my facial oils on my T-Zone. It wasn't hard to wash off at the end of the day with facial cleanser.

Coverage: the coverage was medium, but after a few hours, if you're oily-skinned, it'll turn to light/non-existent coverage.

Texture: the texture was light and I like how smooth it felt; it was hard for me to apply because you can't build it on itself.

Acne causing: this foundation gave me blackheads, almost as badly as MAC products do.

Packaging: I like the pump dispenser. The problem is that I would try to make it pump only 1/2 the amount (hard to do) since the full pump was too much product for my face.

I'm glad Sephora has such a great Return Policy because this baby went back to the store two months after purchase. I can see this being a Best-Seller at Sephora (which is how I got around to buying it), but it must also be a Best-Returner. I prefer The Body Shop's Flawless creme foundation instead.

on 4/23/2009 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After all the hype that I had been hearing about this product, I had to try it. I have to say that I am very disappointed in this product. The packaging is okay, but up close the bottle looks a little cheap. I like that it's a pump bottle, but the bottle itself seems like a cheap plastic. As for the coverage, it was just okay. As far as it looking "HD"...I really didn't feel that there was anything spectacular about this product.

In fact, I feel quite the opposite. I would never purchase this product again. It sinks into every line on my face (and I am only 25-I don't have many lines). It looks SO obvious on my skin. It doesn't blend well. It just felt like it was sitting on my skin. It felt very cakey and heavy. If you have even slight dryness to your skin, it will show up very obviously when applying this foundation. Overall, the coverage was not even, but it feels like you're wearing a mask on your face. I definitely won't buy this again...not worth the price. It's going back!

on 4/23/2009 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I really wanted to love this product. I was excited b/c as most of you guys know Sephora was having a 15% off sale just this week/last week.

Pros-
-Feels so lightweight..like your skin. Really thin compared to my usual studio fix nc30
-Looks like my skin wow :) plus there for me

Negative-
-It makes me greasy and that is after I set it with a powder too..need to touch up couple times a day
-You really need to build to give you a med/full coverage
-A little too sheer...I was surprised b/c it's supposed to be medium to buildable coverage
-The price obviously.. $40 is a lot!!
-it makes my pores look big .. ? wtf i know right

I don't know to be paying $40 for a foundation my ideal would be something that stays on my face and does not make me greasy. I am a total matte freak .. and this just didn't do it for me.. :(

I don't know..maybe because the weather here in Socal has been utterly crazy..it was almost 100 for 2-3 days..so really what foundation could last through that?? I will be using it one more time today .. the weather is 73 today?? Not hot at all. I am looking into trying Revlon colorstay I heard that thing does not budge. Will update later. !
xoxo

on 4/19/2009 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have been using this product on and off for a few months. Overall, it provides great coverage and the color match is alright. I am 153 in this, and when I have a slight tan or in the summer it is a better match. My only issue with this foundation is that it can be drying so I can't use it if my skin is broken out in any eczema or dry patches. I solve this dryness problem by spritzing on MAC's Fix+ over my makeup. I am a MAC nc40-42 and Armani LSF 8

on 4/19/2009 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It stays on all day and covers everything! I just wish I found it earlier!

BEST foundation I've used so far. Expensive, though. Comes in a pump bottle, which is rly convenient & sanitary & all that. Good coverage & feels really light & smooth. Reacts well with my skin, which is kind of an oily acne-scarred mess. Yay.

on 4/17/2009 11:24:00 PM

I bought this foundation due to all the hype. Personally, I think the foundation is average. The coverage is buildable, but like any other foundation too much can look cakey. There is no fragrance, so that's a plus. But a major flaw is I found it to cause my pores to clog up and minor break outs. Overall, it's nothing out of the ordinary. I will not repurchase this product nor do I recommend it. If you have the money and you want to try it, go for it. Otherwise, you are not missing out on much.

on 4/17/2009 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This product made me breakout worse than any other make-up or skincare product I have ever tried. It took almost 3 months and many facials to get my skin back under control. Besides that, it was not even a great foundation. Coverage was okay, color did match well, but just made my complexion appear "dull". Add in the high price tag and I would have to say that this is probably the worst thing I have ever bought in all my years of make-up obsession.

on 4/15/2009 8:01:00 PM

I got this in the lightest shade (have since forgotten the name, sorry.) and I tried it on. It looked cakey and miserable on me. and I literally wore it for a total of 1 hour while testing it at my house, and I was nursing dry, irritated red patches of skin for like, the next week. What the heck is this? Why does everyone love this? Needless to say it promptly went back.

on 4/15/2009 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After hearing that using MAC foundations will damage your skin in the long-run, I started looking for something new. I tried this on a recommendation from a make-up artist friend. It has great coverage and feels really light on my skin, no matter how much I use! The colour match is absolutely perfect (I'm usually an NC35/40 and the MUFE shade I'm using is 123, for anyone who's curious). I have no complaints, though a lower price for this would be icing on the cake :).