Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

YUCK. There is nothing dreamy or matte about this product. I have tried practically every matte product on the market and was extremely disappointed with this product. I realize this is a drugstore brand but that's no excuse. Do not bother. It's heavy, not matte at all and is just all around gross.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm quite fond of this foundation, I usually like to experiment with different products, always searching for a better one, but I keep coming back to this one. The colour blends perfectly with my skin (which is very unusual) and I like the texture. I'm also prone to breakouts and I haven't had a problem with this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have combination skin , and this is a quite nice product but not at all .
Although the few shades , the color matched me perfectly .
This product feels so great and cover up my problem areas ,
BUT it doesn't stays all day for me because im very oily on T area .
i wouldn't buy this product again.

I have acne-prone, combo skin with large pores. This feels great and appeared to cover up my problem areas--but later in the day, it diappeared and must have sunk into my pores! Still, might keep it for the few hours it lasts.

This is foundation for someone who needs a lot of caked on coverage
not for just lightly covering imperfections. the pot is also unhygenic.
will not repurchase

When I purchased this product, I loved it, it provided great coverage, looked natural, and didn't melt.

I have really oily/dry combo skin. Within a week of purchasing my face broke out horribly. I was extremely disappointed, I returned it.

(turn out, according the website, it's not non-comdeogenic, so that explains)

If you're not acne-prone: great product. If you are, I wouldn't recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The first time i bought this stuff i really liked it...even finished the pot.

second time around i noticed that this really highlights dry areas i have on the forehead and around my mouth NOT COOL....

I think i may have to use this ONLY in the summer time when my skin is more oily?

either way...dont think im repurch

Im actually quite confused about this product. When it just came out (2-3 years ago?) I bought one little pot. It was smooth and easy to apply. Coverage was good and didnt make me look cakey. I liked it and i used it up. Then I switched to some 2-way foundation (I think it was the ZA one and was so rubbish) So I went back to Dream Matte Mousse and bought the newer version which has the white cap. But it was horrible to me! I looked like a ghost or something i just couldnt wear it in public. It had no lasting power at all it melted on some oilier area on my face in less than 1 hour. (Cheeks and nose) Now I'm using other liquid foundation and I have no urge to try Dream Matte Mousse anymore. Did they change the formula?

This is really easy to apply and gives me good coverage which I can layer up where necessary. It does have a tendency to sit in pores and highlight any dry patches of skin I have so I always make sure I use a good moisturiser first.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this in Pure Beige. I'm your basic med skin color and this shade is ideal. Now I never wear foundation ever. I only wear bronzing powder over a few spots of concealer. However I'm oily/shiny in my t-zone and I heard this product is excellent for reducing shine so I tried it for that purpose only. Its a light foundation which is what I would want and I only applied it to my forehead and chin. It reduced the shine factor by 95%. I usually had to use an oil absorbing sheet a couple times a day on my forehead to reduce shine but when I wear this I really didnt have to. I'm very impressed with this. This is my first foundation but I really just use it in spots. Those of you who like light coverage but are oily this is for you. Dry skin types might want to skip on this. It was $7.68 at Walmart. I left 1 lippie off for the amount you get in the pot. For me its okay since I only use a few dabs each time. But for those who want full face coverage this may not be great for you. Worthy of trying though. I havent written a review in years so this shows how impressed I am enough to write one.