July 24, 2014 | 2086 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by janeypaney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for times when I wanted a bit extra coverage, as I usually use a tinted moisturiser for everyday. My first impression was that it was a good price but have since changed my mind. Its too dark and unatural looking and feels an awful texture. It made any dry patches that I had on my face just show up more and look all flaky. I will even go as far as to say it made my skin drier. The packaging is okay, but this is definetly not worth the money. It might be okay on someone with perfect skin but if you have any spots or dry bits don't bother.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst foundation ever. Feels like a mask. Way too heavy. Darker color too orange, lighter color too yellow. Neither matched my skin tone. DO NOT BUY.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by jessicayang910

I like this product, but I could definitely see how it would work on some skin types and not others. It tends to make my skin look really matte-like when my skin isn't so oily, so I make sure I wash my face/moisturize way before I apply this. I use this kind of as a base to cover blemishes/uneven skin and then apply loose powder on top and it makes my face look really flawless. I took off one star because the matte look doesn't last as long as I would like.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't really like this product, it did cover every little flaw, but it looked so heavy on your skin. It looked like I was wearing a mask, it also made my pimples stand out more. I don't like wearing foundation, I just wear concealer now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by RikuMae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this product was ok at first but it does highlight any dry patches on the skin :( which i sometimes have on my forehead but otherwise my skin is oily specially round the nose
any ways back to the foundation i bought the lightest shade simply because i didnt know what shade to choose. The shade is ok in the winter (i just look slightly lighter ) but in the summer its too light
i dont like this foundation i think it dries out the skin to much

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by killingthemockingbird

Ok, I've totally re-edited this, because I've realised that the foundation is not as good as I thought it was. Here's what I think now:

This was my first foundation. Before this foundation I used tinted moisturizer, but found that I needed better coverage.
First off: the price is ok, and the idea of a 'mousse' is nice. The packaging is nice- hygiene wise it's horrible, but I use a brush, not my fingers or a sponge, so it's alright with a brush.
The foundation is very soft and easy to apply. I did have some trouble with the colour, and I got one that looked quite orange on me. It feels like you're not wearing any makeup though, which is exactly what I wanted.
I thought it covered up everything really nicely at first, but now I realise it's kinda cakey and dry. When you put it on, it looks nice, but after that it just gets worse and worse. In certain lighting it shows up my redness, pimples AND dry skin. It would be great for people who do not have many flaws. It's nice and light, but it doesn't keep my skin matte. Am now looking for a new foundation.
I would not buy this again, because it makes my skin look pretty crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by JettNY

The lightest color is too dark for me. Maybelline, I'm pale but I'm not *that* pale. Besides that, the texture is extremely uneven. I had similar problems with the Maybelline mousse eye shadows -- the spread is terrible.

In addition, the packaging is unsanitary. Continually sticking even the cleaning finger into a pot will introduce all sorts of nasty bacteria.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ShellyMtz

Bought it and tried it about 3 years ago. Although the shade matched me, the coverage was uneven and cakey. My skin had a lot of acne and flakiness back then and this only made them more noticable. Did not control oil.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

This stuff made me sooo cakey looking!
Not to mention, it really accented dry patches on my skin, and also it gives me huge, painful cystic acne!
No foundation has ever broke me out as badly as this one.
I don't usually review based on color, but I have several of these, is kind of hard to find a good color for warmer skin tones, in my opinion.
And again. This does not make my skin look flawless at all, let alone just normal. It looks like I slathered this on like cement when in reality I only use a small amount.
Another thing I don't like about this product is that it doesn't smooth out easily, you have to keep spreading it with your fingers across your face, I don't really like applying foundation with only my fingers, but with this you kind of have to unless you mix with moisturizer, in which in this case the "mousse" turns all bally and gross.
I definitely would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Lolli4000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first foundation that I bought around 2 years ago. Initally it was a good product that didn't break me out, and I didn't look overly shiny. But after a while the texture of the foundation changes and it does not give the same application. The glass jar is a bit impratical but the price is veey good. Maybelline products are also on offer often in Superdrug.