November 27, 2014 | 1383 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by HollyM324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation, after lots of trial and error.

First, picking the right color is pretty difficult. I have noticed that the colors of the tops are pretty close to the color in the jar. The other thing I noticed is that the Even colors (0, 2, 4) are more yellow toned, while the Odd colors (1, 3, 5) are more pink toned. I originally got 3 for winter and kept noticing I looked pink right around my chin area. Walmart had a package deal to buy the base with the powder, so I got 4 for the summer and have gotten the right color. When winter gets here (and I lose some of my tan), I will probably drop to 2. I am in the light category, so I don't know about the middle category (2.5 in Medium).

Second, application is difficult. You MUST use moisturizer underneath this product or it will not smooth over your skin easily. When I applied it with my fingers, I kept having to dip and rub, and then it was either cakey or splotchy. So, I tried a sponge (dry sponge never tried damp) and it was less splotchy but still had to apply lots of makeup and it felt very thick and mask like. Finally, I tried a brush (it's a blush brush not a foundation brush) and I LOVE this. It goes on easily and lightly over my moisturizer and blends wonderfully. I apply the foundation horizontally with the brush and then blend vertically with the brush. After I finish with that, I do take my fingers and finish the blending, just to ensure equal coverage.

As for the ability of the foundation to last on my face, it stays on my face well. The first three to four hours, I remain matte and oil free and really like the way my face works. I did take off one lipstick because of shine control. After those three to four hours, I do start showing my oily skin, specifically in the nose/cheek area. My forehead doesn't get as shiny as it has in the past, so at least the oil is controlled in one area. I have not noticed the foundation coming off on my skin, but I also make sure my shirt does not touch my face when I take it off or put it on.

The other problem I have noticed with this is the tendency of the foundation to want to move if you start sweating. And, since I live in the deep South, and heat and humidity are problems, I know about sweating as soon as you step outside! As long as you blot the sweat (and don't rub), the foundation stays put. However, if you rub, the foundation there and around the rubbed area does "smear".

So, with a little trial and error, and moisturizer, I think this is a very good foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by nicoleheartsmac

Basically, when this product first came out, I was like "YES! My makeup doesn't have to look heavy!" so I went out and bought it. I used it for a couple months, thought that it looked good until I went out in the sun and realized that my face looked cakey and 'makeup-y' and made my skin look flakey. This is absolutely one of the worst foundations i have used in my life, the texture may be nice, but the product itself is horrid.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by lalala78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmm. I was in that " I really have to buy something but can't be naughty and spend a fortune mood" and decided to pick this up at Superdrug on my way home. I have to say, I found the coverage pretty even, however it was way too heavy in feeling.. I could feel my pores struggling!!
Regardless, Ive since bee informed that Maybelline is one of the last cosmetic companies to jump on the ethics bandwagon and still insists on testing on animals.. will never repurchase this or anything else from Maybelline till they get with the program already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so unneccessary! Yucky foundation from a greedy company!
Back to EM and Chanel!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Snapdragon7

It was O.K. It didn't stay on or stay matte very long on my combination skin, but I wasn't expecting a miracle. I did find a good color for me, however, which is rare for a drugstore foundation and my pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by beautiflaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think that this product is great for me, but I don't think that it works on certain kinds of skin, which is why so many other reviewers have had problems with it. My mom used it and gave what she didn't use to me, because when she tried it the makeup sunk into her pores and and fine lines, but she has barely any wrinkles at all. This makeup made her look older rather than younger. For me it goes on smooth and even, it makes me look like I don't have a single pore, but I'm 21 and I have no blemishes at all. It doesn't cover pimples well though, and doesn't last very long either. You have to reapply after about 6 hours. I usually only wear this if I'm going to be out quickly and I don't feel like wearing powder, or I layer it over a light liquid foundation if I am having photos taken. I love the way this foundation looks in photographs. I hate how you have to dip your finger in it though, it gets under my nails.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Packalittlesin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bad bad bad foundation! how could you, foundation! you turned orange on me, you went to my fine lines and decided to stay there, you cover nothing, and your application is terrible! sponge, doesn't work, brush, doesn't work, finger? well, perhaps, but that's gross, having to stick my finger in you all the time. Ok, so I can carry you around in my bag/purse/handbag. But what's the use? you don't last, and you don't blend well. What's the point of you existing... *shakes head and steps away feeling robbed".

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 3:19:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

"You get what you pay for." That saying is entirely true with this product. I'm not bashing drugstore products, but I do think that it's worth investing in a good foundation. Foundation can be the difference between a good canvas for other makeup and a cakey, fake looking face.

Pros: It's a good concept and it's inexpensive.

Cons: Cakey, accentuates dry/flakey areas, oxides very quickly, doesn't last for more than two hours, unhygienic packaging, smells weird and just flat out doesn't deliver as a foundation.

Although it's cheap, I'd save my money and invest in a good quality foundation that will actually deliver on its promises.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Keii23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is amusing lol!
I hate it tbh you look fake and like your caked up in make up. When my friends where this i say to them your wearing dream matte mouse aren't you? There like wow how do you know that! It's because you can see the little bubbles on your face lol but i'd never say that to my friend who swears by this so called amazing product. I can't imagine it last very long either because in my health and social care classes all the girls start grabbing this out of there bag and start plastering it all over there face!!! It doesn't look good in natural light in artifical light it look okay i guess but natural light man does it look obvious. Me and my best friend have a saying now OH NO SHE'S BEEN HIT BY THE MATTE MOUSE TRUCK lol.

The product is in a very unhygenic container and if you used to foundations brush to apply this you would definetly use more than you need of this product. Well the girls at my school run to superdrug every weekend and buy at least one pot of this a week, so i guess it's easy to get carried away with it.

They obviously like this but i hate it tbh!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by italia_21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

How can i simply put this... TERRIBLE!
I just can't get over how much publicity this product gets! and how junky it is! 1st of all this foundation broke me out completly (i think it contains jojoba oils) and 2nd the coverage, very poor.
Definitely not for my skin, but i think this may be suitable for women who have idealy clear perfect non- acne prone skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by meisocute

Love this product, it lasts all day long. The mouse turns into the cream on my face. doesn't disappear during day, especially i've very oily skin.. and it's cheap too