October 2, 2014 | 1104 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

I got this from a friend so the color isnt even a good match for me. at first I forgot I had it and rarely bothered to use it. then I got the coastal scents dupe of the mac duo fiber stippling brush and decided to try it again (even though its recommended to be applied with fingers).. the effect was a lot smoother and looked like an airbrushed finish. even though the color match was off, it didnt look orange. the coverage, however, (at least applied with the brush) is pretty sheer and almost looks like a powder would. using your fingers to dab this on imperfections solves the sheerness issue though. overall, it lasts pretty well and I am satisfied with this freebie

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

didnt like this product at all, it accentuate dry skin and made my skin look dull instead of the flawless matte effect i was looking for. colours go on quite chalky also, overall not a good experience but may be beneficial for those with oily skin as it is very drying. i really liked the blush and bronzer products in the mousse form though, much better quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by chinkyeyez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought this yesterday tried it on and it matched perfectly and didnt act funny. I have been eyeing this product since 2006. I always walked pass it in walgreens and looked at the cocoa shade i thought it would be too dark for me. The packaging is really deceiving. I already knew the caramel would be way too light. They need to make an inbetween shade but i opened cocoa tried it on and it matched perfectly it didnt even look like i was wearing make up. I applied it with my fingers. Im going to do a ultimate test and take a picture with my digital camera to see if it looks okay because i want to wear it to school on my first day and do not want to look a mess lol

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ef604

I like this foundation. The first time I applied it I used my MAC 190 brush and I was amazed how flawless my face looked. Then I used it for a couple more days and really was not impressed with the staying power. It was not controlling my oil production as much as I had hoped. So, I threw it im my makeup case and moved on to another well reviewed foundation for oily skin, Revlon Beyond Natural. Well.... That's when I realized how much I really liked the Dream Mousse. It may not be exactly a "dream", but it works well. I am wearing it right now! I would definitely recommed applying it with a foundation brush for best results.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by abetdarkness

I really would like to say that I would buy this product again, because it looks flawless ! I love how good looks on skin, but sadly this wonderful foundation clogs the pores, so by the end of the day you gonna have a little surprise ! ... pimples ! if your skin is not acne-prone, maybe you will love this foundation, but if you have acne or you are acne-prone, don't waste your money ! because it's gonna make your acne worst !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lelaelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Probably my favorite drugstore foundation.
Really makes the skin feel soft, look nearly perfect and lasts quite a while.
I wish they had a shade for me because I really hate mixing shades to get the right one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by shooootor

This is my first review ever
and ive been creeping on makupalley for about a year!
My reason? to warn people because I feel like I should:
this crap gave me the WORST break out of my entire life
the break out was so bad it took 3 whole months to fully clear up.This product is pure silicone that just sits on skin and clogs pores. It LOOKS nice at first but if your acne prone
I advise you to stay the h-e-l-l away from this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too grainy, thick and oily.

I thought this was going to be a wonderful foundation invention for my skin! Alas, it wasn't to be... The colour selection is pretty bad and tend to turn orange. I don't like sticking my finger into the pot each time either (although I do make sure my hands are clean!).

I think this actually accentuated any dry patches of skin I had. The only good thing I can think of is that it did make my skin feel silky smooth when I first applied it, but it didn't make it look any better...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation was freakishly smooth. It covered everything perfectly. It's tricky to blend, but after one or two tries I got the hang of it. It lasts a while, which is one of the most important qualities to me. You don't get a lot, but the coverage is good enough that you don't use a lot either. Overall this product was definately worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Pegk

I have used many, many high-end foundations over the years and I can't believe I'm even writing this about such an inexpensive product but I LOVE this stuff! I have been searching for something that I can wear in the summer because I have oily skin in my t-zone and this is the bomb. I have taken so many foundations back to Ulta because I end up not liking the color or texture. This product is great for oily skin and the finished look is that of a high-end foundation. I bought 2 different colors and I blend them together on the back of my hand and use a foundation brush to apply. I'm very happy with the end result and will definitely repurchase!