July 30, 2014 | 1903 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by ally5172

I have tried this in both Ivory and Champagne. Both are a little orange for me so I want to try Cameo :P I really like the texture of this; it's not heavy, and it makes my skin feel lovely and look lovely too ;) It gets rid of the weird red I have around my nose. I also like the pot. Easy to carry around and it's not messy. I wish it was a bit cheaper, however! Would repurchase.

Also, to the people who say it is too 'cakey' - you're probably using way too much. You need the tiniest amount, it goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is pure, utter crap. The idea of a mousse foundation was a good one, but the payoff is beyond bad. This foundation shows up even slight dry patches on the face, so you'll have to use an exfoliator + moisturiser each time you apply it.

The little jar looks pretty, but is not sanitary in the slightest. Yes, I wash my hands before putting my fingers in it, but if you're out & want to do a little touch up, you'll need to drag your bathroom sink along with you otherwise you'll have to dip your dirty fingers in it & put all the germs on your face.

It looks extremely cakey -- you can definately tell you're wearing foundation when you have this on, so if you're going for the "natural" look, you may want to skip this. I feel like my pores are clogged whenever I put this on, & I must be right because I break out everytime I use it. I assumed the mousse texture of this foundation would make it easy to blend, but I don't find it all that blendable & I have to use a fair amount on my cheeks & forehead.

Would not recommend or repurchase. Not even if someone paid me. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Rockkrock

Oh this is a terrible product for dry skin, it comes on very uneven and not smooth, and you can see parts of it peeling off like a eraser. It also sinks into your wrinkles to make it more noticable.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by missajeng

Thankfully I got this as a sample, so when it turned out disappointing, I didn't lose any sleep over it.
This foundation made my skin really, really dull. It was so matte, it was as if I had colored my face with a crayola.
I'm an AAB/LLL, NC 15-20.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by badazzbarbi

I really like the concept of mouse foundation.. i loooooooove how this feels when i put it on, its just through out the day it kinda goes away... it gives a nice matte glow, this is just a kind of make up you have to apply right to get the good effects. Its not a full coverage, more like sheer to medium.. and I like full coverage!! Also It kinda made me break out..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

great for a quick and efficient coverup!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have normal skin, very fair and light, but with freckles around my nose and on the sides of my nose, and I just wanted something that would cover the freckles. As I put it on around my nose, I could tell that this was way too yellow-orangeish to just apply to one area. I applied it to all of my face, but couldn't blend it in to my neck, so I had to take it all off. I think if you have a darker skin tone, it might work, but for me, at least, with fair skin, it doesn't work.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by janeypaney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for times when I wanted a bit extra coverage, as I usually use a tinted moisturiser for everyday. My first impression was that it was a good price but have since changed my mind. Its too dark and unatural looking and feels an awful texture. It made any dry patches that I had on my face just show up more and look all flaky. I will even go as far as to say it made my skin drier. The packaging is okay, but this is definetly not worth the money. It might be okay on someone with perfect skin but if you have any spots or dry bits don't bother.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst foundation ever. Feels like a mask. Way too heavy. Darker color too orange, lighter color too yellow. Neither matched my skin tone. DO NOT BUY.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by jessicayang910

I like this product, but I could definitely see how it would work on some skin types and not others. It tends to make my skin look really matte-like when my skin isn't so oily, so I make sure I wash my face/moisturize way before I apply this. I use this kind of as a base to cover blemishes/uneven skin and then apply loose powder on top and it makes my face look really flawless. I took off one star because the matte look doesn't last as long as I would like.