Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 5/20/2009 5:40:00 PM

it was hard to match my desi skin, but thank god they were able to. the makeup looks flawless and compeltly natural. most of the time my friends cant even tell if i have makeup on at all! it feels super good on the skin. basically i love this is stuff. the poweder is pretty good. i have crazy oily skin so i have to do touch outs. both products make you looks soo good. and a little goes a long way. i like to apply it with a mac 187 or 188. the 188 gets into all the smaller areas like under eye and around the nose. if your a foundation junkie def try this!

on 5/19/2009 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I had an easy time finding a match tone-wise, 117 although not pale enough, so it is a bit sad that there are not matches for very fair girls... I do wear a good UVA/UVB ss but its inevitable that I am going to warm up a bit in the summer, but this still hasn't been perfect. As for the the feel of the foundation; wonderful! Does not feel heavy and the coverage LASTS! This lasted me about 8 hours once (longest I typically wear foundation anyway, but I'm sure it would have lasted longer). I have very dry skin, and it did not add moisture, but it did not make my skin dry out. The finish is very nice, quite matte on me actually. Very happy with this and it's really too bad if this didn't work out for you because it is fantastic.

on 5/19/2009 2:05:00 AM

very nice, after searching for the right foundation for a month! estee lauder, clinique, lancome, mac, kryolan etc. i found that this one is the most natural, least heavy, and covers really well, considering you use the make up forever tube concealer, and powder, amazing, really gives you that hollywood glow, and perfect for anyone who has acne or scars...

on 5/16/2009 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For reals though, this foundation made me believe in liquid foundation again!! :o)

Joking (and hyperbolic statements) aside, I wear foundation much more often as a result of using this product. When wearing it, it feels very much like I have nothing on and does not present problems even in hot and humid conditions. I use a Mac 109 brush to apply it to my face (after placing a few pumps on the back of my hand, to use as a palette). Goes on like a dream! :o) It actually stand up quite well to rub-off (blowing your nose only to find you're holding a brown tissue is NOT attractive, trust me). On my face the formula is neither drying nor oil-inducing...it's hard to describe, but it really does feel quite natural and undetectable on the face. As for the finish...well, I'd say perhaps it's satiny.

I'm very glad there are so many shades available, as I was able (after a couple of false starts) to find my perfect shade with just the right undertone. If my memory serves me correctly, this was about $40. I will definitely be buying this again, and would recommend it, as it's worth getting despite the wild price.

For reference, I use shade 175 and and have combination skin (oily t-zone, dry everywhere else). I have very minor differences in tone across my cheek area, dark areas just under my eyes. No acne.

on 5/16/2009 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It pretty much melts right into your skin. The particles are so fine, it's flawless! Love, love, looove the formula.
The ONLY down to this product is the packaging. It comes in a press down, squirt kinda bottle (which isn't bad if you can screw off the top) but you can't. So when you get to the last of the product you have to break open the bottle it is in. (I wish it came like MAC's Select foundation, where you can buy the squirt part speratly and then when you get to the nitty gritty at the end when you product is almost finished you can open it up) I do like to squirt factor, it keeps the product clean but I wish you could open it up some how with out breaking it.
I paid about $45.00 for the foundation, WELL worth the money!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It blends into my skin so well when I use it with my MAC 187, and it looks so natual and flawless in all kinds of light. I use shade 117 which is perfect for winter, and in summer I just darken it up a bit with a little bit of my YouRebel tinted moisturizer. The coverage is really nice, and I bought this because I wanted a lighter coverage than SFF. I love that its really lightweight, even though I get a medium coverage. It can also be built up to a full coverage. The color choices are amazing, but I took off one lippie for the price. This foundation is very expensive, but worth every penny if you can stretch its use long enough!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is the holy grail of foundation. I found a perfect color match and it gives perfect, build-able coverage.
It is perfect for my skin, when it's applied correctly. I've found that I get flakes when I use a foundation brush- a wet sponge is def the way to go.

I've bought this product three times already and i wouldn't think of changing

on 5/15/2009 3:01:00 PM

Okay, so this is the best full coverage EVER! I have tons of samples in this. I use #118 and it's great, a little goes a long way! I only wear it in special occasions and the pix look FLAWless! I have very sensitive skin and breakout alot! but not with this!.... I have tons of acne blemishes(red,Purple, brown) and this thing covers them all! i cant wait to buy a full bottle! Ask for Samples at sephora! And if u have reddish skin get the green primer! LOVE---IT!!!!!

on 5/8/2009 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a fabulous product! It has a natural-dewy finish that makes your face look healthy and glow. I have sensitive skin but it hasn't caused me to break out so far. I really like this foundation.

The only complaint I have is that I find that it gets quite oily after a couple of hours (but hasn't oxidized on me...yet), so I use MUFE's super matte loose powder in the oily areas of my face and all is well. Also I have to mix two shades (the 140-which is my primary color- and the 153) to get my perfect match, which kind of sucks since it's a pricey.

Edit: I used this product everyday for about two weeks and I saw it left my skin a splotchey. If I use this product once and a while, my skin doesn't react, but, in my opinion, anything that causes your skin to react at all is not worth repurchasing.

on 5/7/2009 12:01:00 AM

Prior to this I purchased MUFE Face and Body due to the overwhelmingly high rating but I found it to be extremely light coverage (almost "why bother" coverage) and my closest color match (20) was just a tad too dark...
Enter MUFE HD: light to medium COVERAGE, (which is, afterall, what I use foundation for) blends easily and seamlessly,and doesn't look like makeup on my face. It also holds up throughout the day remarkably well! The finish is satiny (neither matte nor dewey) and undectable. It really gives a soft focus finish; blurring and diminishing my pores and discolorations nicely.
I can use my fingers to apply this and 2 pumps is more than enough for my entire face. I use a damp sponge when I want a more sheer finish. I have tried stippling this w/ a skunk brush but I find that this foundation needs to be blended to work its magic.Stippling left a cakey finish which has been impossible to achieve with this foundation for me with any other method.
I do need to use concealer for blemishes and undereye with this. The HD does take blemishes and circles down a notch, however MUFE Full Cover makes them vanish completely.

I've been having great luck smoothing a bit of Monistat anti-chafing gel as a primer on before this. The primer fills in my pores and slight smile lines as well as smooths out any rough or dry patches I might have.
When I don't use a primer with this at the end of the day there is some foundation settled into pores around my nose and into my fine smile lines. I've yet to find something that doesn't do this w/out primer, however. (If someone else has I'd love to hear what it is...feel free to message me!)
The color match is perfection for me. I use 117 and nothing has come as close as this. I'm quite pale and yellow, 20 in F&B is too dark and I wear Stila B, Carmindy Ecru Beige, Bobbi Brown Porcelain...Hope this helps!
EDIT: I have repurchased this! This is the first foundation I have repurchased in a long time so that's really saying something...I adore this foundation.
EDIT #2: While I still find this foundation to be wonderful I have fallen in love with Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer. (FYI, The SSE can be mixed into the MUFE HD to enhance the coverage you get from the MUFE.)
I get more coverage from the KA and I prefer it for a more polished look. It takes a bit more work but is worth it (I have a review for the KA SSE if you're curious) The finish of the KA SSE is a touch more moist but not full on dewey either.