October 22, 2014 | 1119 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by invadersads

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i'm amazed to see there are so many that don't like this foundation. i have combo skin and when i first started getting into high end foundation, i was wearing 2 different kinds of clinique for a while then tried mac's select spf15, and none of them worked well for me. they made the dryness in my cheeks worse and they made me feel greasy even though they were oil free. it also did not help at all with my breakouts.
well i switched over to bare escentuals and was a happy camper, not only did my skin start improve (along with some other products i was using) but it felt great, and didn't feel suffocating.
well i was pretty wary of liquid foundation after going mineral but i heard so much about this foundation that i caved and got it, and the green primer too (for the redness in my cheeks).
i'm in love! i've been wearing it for a week, it hasn't caused any breakouts and it's so lightweight, i dont feel heavy and suffocating wearing it, even when i put a couple layers on!
the finish is awesome, and my face doesn't feel like a greaseball with it on. in the past my old liquid foundations always felt wet or greasy, like if i wiped my finger on my face it would rub off. but this doesn't feel that way at all.
my tzone still gets a bit oily after a few hours but i haven't found anything that's stopped that. just mother nature doin it's thing i guess lol. but the greasiness isn't as bad as it was with my old liquid foundations.
i'm really pleased! it's a bit pricey but as long as it lasts me a good while i'll be ok with it.
overall i'm really happy with my purchase! btw, i'm around nc20 (maybe a tad lighter but not as light as nc15) and i wear 117.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's just too mask-like for me irl. I guess if you need a lot of coverage and have oily-ish skin it's a good thing to try, but I can only get it to work mixing it with a lighter texture liquid, or I might try making a TM out of it. It does look good in pictures, though, I must say. Very smoooooooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by pinkpirate

Great coverage and the shade I got was a perfect match for my skintone! It didn't look too heavy on me and didn't look "makeupy", so I really liked that. Very nice consistency. The packaging, especially the pump, is a fantastic touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by nica4588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutely love the coverage this foundation gives. It was recommended to me due to my combination skin but I find that sometimes it makes me a bit oily, particularly in the T-zone (my problem spot). I don't use primer so I wonder if it has anything to do with that. The price is a little steep but I must admit that one pump covers a whole face and goes quite a long ways!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by LMfanatic

I wanted to like this, but it broke me out so bad, even within a day of using it. Returned this and the primer. Also, it made me incredibly oily - I love MUFE Face & Body, Mat Velvet +, and the Duo Mat Powder foundation so I was disappointed when this didn't work. But I guess 3 out of 4 foundations isn't bad :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by LauraM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The coverage on me was so-so, but it a zit or two started to pop up. Luckily I stopped using it and returned it before my face fully broke out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by alana4321

I had seen a lot of great reviews for this product and I definitely fell for the "high definition" marketing. The display that allows you to match your skin tone to the women in the photos to find your shade number was a great idea, especially since MUFE's number system is pretty confusing. I'm NC15, and the woman in the 117 photo seemed to be my closest match...she seemed slightly darker than me, but the two lighter shades were pink toned. I then made the mistake of buying the foundation before looking at it on my skin outside of the store lighting...I got home and discovered that it was way too yellow for me! In my opinion, 117 is not the same shade as the woman in the display photo. My other issue with the foundation is that the coverage was too thick for me, I don't like my face to look like a mask.

Summary:

Cons:
- Shade 117 is too yellow for my NC15 skin (neutral leaning to warm toned)
- Coverage is too cakey and unnatural (in my opinion)

Pros:
-Packaging is plastic and has a pump

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by weemansmum

This is great for HD camera, print and film work. That's why it was developed and if used for that purpose its fabulous. Great coverage, easy to work with, great under lights, and if applied properly its everything you want for a shoot, but why would anyone want to use this for everyday use? The whole line is fabulous and while it's not something I would suggest wearing everyday to work or th egrocery store, it's exactly what you should be wearing if you are planning on being in front of the camera.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised that this product didn't get a higher rating. I've been searching for years for the perfect foundation and I've found it in this one! I love that it goes on like silk and covers everything without looking cakey. It just disappears and leaves your face looking fresh and smooth all day! I use it with the HD loose powder and get a flawlwess finish.Never too powdery. Since I started wearing this I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin. It doesn't settle into the lines either... I'm 47. I'll never try anything else! Just wish it was a little more affordable. It's pricey but so worth it to me. I use it daily and the foundation lasted almost 5 months. I still have tons of the loose powder and purchased them at the same time. Ask Sephora for a sample and see for yourself how wonderful this foundation is! And be sure to try it with the loose powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by yybshzl

I am a NC 30 in MAC (in the summer), and I got number 123 of this foundation. I LOVE IT!! It makes my skin looks so smooth. I only need to touch up my chin, where I have acnes on, after I put the foundation on for 6 hours. I have very acne-prone skin and never feel irritated when this foundation is on my face.

Foundations I have used:
BE, Everyday Minerals, Revlon Color-stay, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc..