Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 3/13/2009 11:08:00 PM

Very gimmicky for nothing really special. I have switched over the last few years between Chantecaille, Giorgio Armani, Bobbi Brown & my latest try was this. I would have to say that this ranks last overall. The coverage is decent but by the end of the day (even after setting it with HD powder) it would be almost completely gone. Also, I have never had issues with pimples, but after a few weeks of using this I had more than my share. After looking in the mirror today & seeing that my skin looked very ashy & dry I decided to take this product back.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I use HD #153 & #128 to get the proper color for my complection. I agree that the coverage is heavy, but it blends flawlessly and looks very natural once everthing "sets" with a little facial oil (or a spritz of water). I've used Prescriptive (sand tint w/deionized water) way back in the day and it was the perfect color for me. As usual, the product was discontinued and I've never found anything that I really liked until I found Make Up Forever HD.

on 3/10/2009 12:38:00 PM

Nice, but a little heavy on the coverage. The shade is great (117), but I think I prefer the Face and Body Foundation that's a little sheerer. I would re-purchase though.

on 3/8/2009 11:30:00 PM

Reference: NW20 Combo skin
I have used this in shade#118 for 3 months now. It is now my HG foundation. I set it with MUFE HD powder. If I will be out all day, I dust first with MAC blot, then dust with HD powder. I use SK skunk to apply buff this foundation in.
Last week, I switched back to MUFE F&B, just to try it out. Later, checked my make up in the car mirror later,and thought "Hey, since when do my pores show up through foundation? And why does my skin look so dull?" Then I remembered it was a MUFE F&B foundation day. Obviously, I will only be using HD from now on.
On, and despite living in the sunny Caribbean, this stays on my face ALL day.

on 3/8/2009 9:42:00 PM

Overall a good foundation for dry skin only.It is great for an "airbrush"effect for fine lines and wrinkles.Colors must be tested as the numbers on the bottles have no apparent connection -a higher number could be lighter and pinker than a lower number so you just have to try them out.Application is easy with a kabuki or regular foundation brush.The foundation is very thin to begin with.I use a Mac powder to set it but lasting power is a few hours at best.I would only use this in the spring and fall,never in the summer because it would look like an oilslick in no time and in winter I need heavy duty,long lasting like Rimmel"Lasting Finish".One good gust of wind and snow and this stuff is gone!Don't waste your money on theMUFE unless you really want to splurge!

on 3/8/2009 8:41:00 PM

So far am really liking this foundation. Have been using it for about a month or so. Thanks MUA for the hint about the kabuki brush - it makes application fast, even and easy! I don't think I'd like it would work nearly as well for me without it.

I tend to fall out of love with foundation after a few months. That said, this could be my go-to winter foundation. I'll update if there is a change.

on 3/8/2009 9:34:00 AM

I currently use this foundation, used alone (without other HD products) it is a bit thick & greassy, not suitable for oily & combination skin, especially when u r living in a humid place. i tried it with my shu uemura loose powder & i hate the finish, i used to use shu uemura water perfect foundation & compared to this, this one actually accentuates my pores..

but i wanted to love this product, so i bought the HD primer no.2 & HD powder. with both of the product, this foundation looked better. after a few hours my skin even look better than when it first applied, smoother & luminuous. i also wear this using the HD sponge. so my advice is if u want to use this foundation, set it with HD powder, it makes a lot of difference.

on 3/7/2009 7:24:00 AM

This is my current go-to foundation. I am a PPP and wear 1.5 pumps of shade 117 applied with the MUFE kabuki. I never thought that the kabuki could make such a difference, but it really does (BB foundation brush, blue peep and fingers are the other application methods I have tried -- I only get "HD" results with the Kabuki).

The only drawback, and why I rated this a 4 rather than a 5, is that I can wear it no more than 3 days a week without minor breakouts. I only wear foundation to work (on the weekends I stick with TM or a sweep of powder) and am currently alternating with BB Skin.

on 3/7/2009 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

If you have the right skin type for HD, this stuff is incredible - HG status, nothing less. I have super fair, sensitive combination skin with an oily t-zone and flakiness prone.

This is a great foundation for winter when my skin is a bit drier and the texas humidity is hibernating.. it gives me a beautiful, dewy glow and great coverage from a sheer layer applied over MUFE HD primer with a kabuki brush. The kabuki brush is key to a flawless, airbrushed finish -- no streaks, just an even, sheer application. Its easily buildable in any trouble spots as well. I set it with a tiny bit of the HD silica powder, dusted only in my trouble spots -- t-zone and chin. It wears beautifully all day on my winter skin.

The color range is incredible - 110 was a perfect match for my super, super fair rosy NW10 skin without making me look too pink or too sallow.

The bottle holds ALOT and the pump applicator is very sanitary. I only need one pump to cover my entire face -- just dot it on and buff it in with the kabuki.. just as easy as applying a powder foundation.

My only complaint with MUFE HD? The minute the humidity hits and my oiliness returns in the slightest, I can't wear it at all. :( On humid days it melts off pretty quickly.. within an hour or two, and wont stay put on oily zones even with primer and powder.. just cakes up in my pores and makes me look a hot mess. But for drier skin or winter weather, this stuff is incredible.

I'll hold onto this for the drier months because it looks and wears beautifully. I just wish MUFE would come up with a similar formulation for oilier skins. :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i wanted this so bad, but its so runny and my face looks very greasy. no matter how many pumps i put on, it just slid off. great color in 140 but it feels like drugstore makeup.

Video Reviews & Tutorials