September 18, 2014 | 1793 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 3:19:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

"You get what you pay for." That saying is entirely true with this product. I'm not bashing drugstore products, but I do think that it's worth investing in a good foundation. Foundation can be the difference between a good canvas for other makeup and a cakey, fake looking face.

Pros: It's a good concept and it's inexpensive.

Cons: Cakey, accentuates dry/flakey areas, oxides very quickly, doesn't last for more than two hours, unhygienic packaging, smells weird and just flat out doesn't deliver as a foundation.

Although it's cheap, I'd save my money and invest in a good quality foundation that will actually deliver on its promises.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Keii23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is amusing lol!
I hate it tbh you look fake and like your caked up in make up. When my friends where this i say to them your wearing dream matte mouse aren't you? There like wow how do you know that! It's because you can see the little bubbles on your face lol but i'd never say that to my friend who swears by this so called amazing product. I can't imagine it last very long either because in my health and social care classes all the girls start grabbing this out of there bag and start plastering it all over there face!!! It doesn't look good in natural light in artifical light it look okay i guess but natural light man does it look obvious. Me and my best friend have a saying now OH NO SHE'S BEEN HIT BY THE MATTE MOUSE TRUCK lol.

The product is in a very unhygenic container and if you used to foundations brush to apply this you would definetly use more than you need of this product. Well the girls at my school run to superdrug every weekend and buy at least one pot of this a week, so i guess it's easy to get carried away with it.

They obviously like this but i hate it tbh!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by italia_21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

How can i simply put this... TERRIBLE!
I just can't get over how much publicity this product gets! and how junky it is! 1st of all this foundation broke me out completly (i think it contains jojoba oils) and 2nd the coverage, very poor.
Definitely not for my skin, but i think this may be suitable for women who have idealy clear perfect non- acne prone skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by meisocute

Love this product, it lasts all day long. The mouse turns into the cream on my face. doesn't disappear during day, especially i've very oily skin.. and it's cheap too

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Jebjess

I love the silky consistency of this product. It glides on fairly well and gives decent coverage. However, there are a few rules to using this product: always prime either with a primer or a moisturizer before using. If not, flaky, dry skin will be very noticeable. Also, try to use it as fast as possible instead of holding it for over a few months. Its consistency gets increasingly gunky and gets a less airy texture. Follow these guidelines, and you'll love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by mayday44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm very fond of this foundation. When I ventured out of the realm of simple eye makeup and into the endless world of skin makeups, I grabbed a couple different types of foundation: one liquid, one powder, and Dream Matte Mousse. At first, I ended up with the wrong color, but I've since found the perfect shade, which blends perfectly.

I don't know anything about primers or toners or anything (in fact, I thought those were terms more often used with painting), so I do not use those. Nor do I use coverup; just this foundation. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing out on, but I'm pretty darn satisfied!

I have combination skin, and my nose and forehead tend to get the most oily. I generally have acne scattered throughout my T-zone.
Before applying Dream Matte Mousse, I wash my fash and moisturize it. That's all. Then I apply the foundation using a cosmetic sponge thingy; actually, before I read some of these reviews, I never really realized that you could use anything else.
I find it pretty easy to get a nice, smooth layer. In the beginning, I applied WAY too much, and I'd end up with what looked like terrible flaking; it was pretty nasty.
By now, though, I've become much better at applying it. I just dab the sponge in the mousse and sweep it over my face. For areas that are pimple-ridden or drier, instead of sweeping, I dab the foundation on my face. That hides things like flaky skin quite well for me. For massive pimples that still shine through, I just dab a wee bit of the foundation on with my pinky, and that's that.
It isn't perfect, but it's pretty great. It lasts several hours; I only reapplied it once, I think, while waiting in line for a concert -- nine hours in the sun, 85 degrees -- and I mainly reapplied it so that I could also reapply my sunscreen, because I'm paranoid about sunburns. Anyway, it could cover my dry skin a little better, but I am satisfied with it.
And, I haven't noticed any breakouts because of it. My acne's been normal. In fact, I've found that my face is BETTER when I wear it because it prevents me from picking at my acne or just touching my face; I feel like it kind of absorbs the oil from my face, too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by SilverGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

don't like this, cause it doesn't give a good coverage and finishing. look cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

I got this from a friend so the color isnt even a good match for me. at first I forgot I had it and rarely bothered to use it. then I got the coastal scents dupe of the mac duo fiber stippling brush and decided to try it again (even though its recommended to be applied with fingers).. the effect was a lot smoother and looked like an airbrushed finish. even though the color match was off, it didnt look orange. the coverage, however, (at least applied with the brush) is pretty sheer and almost looks like a powder would. using your fingers to dab this on imperfections solves the sheerness issue though. overall, it lasts pretty well and I am satisfied with this freebie

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

didnt like this product at all, it accentuate dry skin and made my skin look dull instead of the flawless matte effect i was looking for. colours go on quite chalky also, overall not a good experience but may be beneficial for those with oily skin as it is very drying. i really liked the blush and bronzer products in the mousse form though, much better quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by chinkyeyez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought this yesterday tried it on and it matched perfectly and didnt act funny. I have been eyeing this product since 2006. I always walked pass it in walgreens and looked at the cocoa shade i thought it would be too dark for me. The packaging is really deceiving. I already knew the caramel would be way too light. They need to make an inbetween shade but i opened cocoa tried it on and it matched perfectly it didnt even look like i was wearing make up. I applied it with my fingers. Im going to do a ultimate test and take a picture with my digital camera to see if it looks okay because i want to wear it to school on my first day and do not want to look a mess lol