Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 12/7/2008 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got my 1st jar of this product last spring, while being much more tanned, i took the shade "tan"(dark 1) and this perfectly matched my body and neck since i dont tan my face... first i found it a little too heavy, but then using some common sense i figured it out that i could thin it down a bit mixing it with half of moisturizer in the back of your hand, and that makes not only lighter, but more manageable and easier to apply, u will still get a matte result, but more natural and dewy, just like skin is supposed to look...my finishing touch was with Becca loose powder in mocha applied with a powder brush specially to those difficult, shiny, large pored areas like the t zone, or under the eyes to seal the concealer etc...the results are amazing, there is no more pores, no more shine, no more sallowness/unevenness etc just an even, healthy, matte complexion...however now winter is here, i have not tanned in several months and my skin is dramatically lighter and i cant use the same shade.... so i went in search for my "winter shade" i got "natural beige"(medium 2.5) but when i got home i realized it was still too dark and orange, when back to the drugstore and exchanged it for a 2 shades lighter "sandy beige"(medium 1) this one was about my color level, but a little too pinkish for my light olive complexion, (ive never seen pink sand in my life so go figure) so had to go back one more time and after comparing one to another, finally decided for "light beige"(medium 0) and this one works perfectly!!! it is completely yellow based, not a hint of pink under any kind of light...
Since im way lot lighter these days i cant really use the mocha powder on top, so i dug out my "mineral veil' from BE from my make up drawer, a little dust with the powder brush in the problem areas and voila!! ready 2go...I still wonder why drugstores dont have at least miniature testers on the make up area, or a piece of white material stained with the real product, or at least face pictures with different models wearing each one of the shades, just the same way they show Adriana Lima wearing "pure beige", (cant they afford another 14 models?) or just come up with something more intelligent... they would save tons of money if people could try the products at the store,(i just returned two opened jars myself) and their sales would sky rocket since many people dont buy there just because of the fact that there is no way to test it and its no fun to play the guessing game every time..advice: the peek of color u see -on the bottom of the closed jar- looks paler than really is, then once you open it the mousse may look very yellow/orange/spicy toned, but once properly applied on well moisturized skin, it works wonders!... Update: Since i stopped tanning at all about a year ago and use spf85, my face got even lighter and now im between classic ivory(summer) and light ivory(winter) being this last one the lightest shade on this brand (and im about nc20) so I don't think people with truly pale skin could use anything from this brand....

on 12/6/2008 9:35:00 AM

i am a pakistani asian with combo skin. i bought this foundation on a friend's recommendation.but i hate to say tht it ws the worst thing tht ever happened to me.it gets so flaky on my cheeks even when i hv thoroughly moisturized them.and also it gives a thick finish even wen u use a small amount.i am again looking for a new foundation.

on 12/4/2008 2:12:00 PM

This was too much as a foundation. I couldn't even blend it well because a little bit went a long way. It was cakey and I actually felt it.

on 12/1/2008 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought it because I liked the "matte" concept, but man, it flakes so badly! I've never had a foundation do this to me before! It's particularly bad around the nose and mouth areas. Yeah, I'll admit, the light beige shade matches me perfectly, but I wish they'd redo the formula to suit different skin textures i.e. combination/dry/oily in my case, depending on the weather.

I liked this product enough to have bought it probably 6 times. In fact I used to love it. It's way better than liquid foundation and easy to match my light skin tone. It goes on best with a makeup sponge rather than your fingers. After trying it that many times, I have some disappointments with it though. Cons: *Makes me break out (perhaps I need to replace my makeup sponge more often or bacteria gets into the container) *Once it dries out some it will flake as you put it on, so don't wear black while applying and bend over the sink so the flakies fall in there instead. *The container is heavy if you toss it into your purse.

I really do love the product though because you can put on a light layer or go over it again for better coverage. Didn't feel mask-like to me. If I could make sure I wouldn't break out again, I would give it a 5 rating.

I have just tried this foundation and it's terrible. I feel like I'm wearing a mask, it's very heavy, cakey, and sits in the fine lines around my eyes. I kind of feel like I'm wearing a foundation version of a clay mask. The closest colour to my skin (classic ivory) is too dark ( I wear moisturiser and sunscreen every day) and I have fair skin with freckles. It's got that dry, mask feel. I really have to go and wash it off now, which is a shame because I just bought it as a go between while I find a better foundation,and I was hoping it would be okay, but it isn't. I was wearing Revlon's Skinlights before (but ran out - discontinued) which is lovely, sheer and luminous. I thought I'd give this a try because I have been surprised before, but it's awful. Cons - Mask

on 11/30/2008 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I can't remember when I used this but it was a while ago. From what I remember it was okay, I guess. It gave me good coverage.

on 11/24/2008 2:11:00 PM

I absolutely love this product, its so easy to find your perfect skin match as their are loads. it gives your a flawless matte finish- but if you want dewy skin its not the product for you. Very easy to apply with fingers and doesn't clog up pores. It also covers up spots quite well. However the only bad point is that you need to moisturise well as it can sometimes empasise the flakyness of your skin if you have a dry patch.

But overall a great product, would definitly recomend!
x

on 11/19/2008 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The dream mousse tends to make my skin a bit to red and orange and dry my cheeks out as if I never applied any moisturizer on my face! It does make my skin smooth, but it always feels too caked on. I'd pass this foundation up for my liquid one any day.

I've tried Dream Matte Mousse before, infact it was one of the first foundations i ever had.
It was okay, for the time i had it, but as time went on while using this product, it seemed that it'd made me develop dry skin, paticularly on my nose. I was immediantley put of by this, and decided to go for a liquid foundation rather than a mousse, and i found that this worked for me.
However, many of my friends use it, and i've heard a good trick is to put moisturiser on before hand. Also, it's supposed to blend easier using a sponge or brush.
I might try it again sometime after my Estee Lauder - Double Wear has run out! (It's amazing so far!)
Overall i don't think this was a good choice for me, although it does give good coverage as i have freckles and i like them covered up!
xx

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera