July 22, 2014 | 2075 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it has been a while since i last used this product, maybe 2 years ago and it worked great back when i still had okay skin .. haha .. i would say it has an average coverage and is easy to pack on without the cakey look .. very smooth texture but the packaging isnt that great since the product can be easily contaminated but would repurchase in the near future. i also have the dream matte powder and have been using it as of now, for some reason it does not work as well as the mouse, it does not stay on and a lot of times i would use it to control the shine on my skin but it really dries it up when applied, and after a while it just gets really oily .. would not repurchase the powder it sucks

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 3:54:00 AM More reviews by SophH

I brought this on the review of a friend. I don't like trying on foundations in store (unless it is a clean sample) so I found the best colour match on my hand and took it home. I'm usually good at picking the right shade but this was at least three shades too pale once I got it on my face. The texture was not fun to work with and despite my blending efforts it still didn't go on nicely.

The packaging is awful and the foundation dries up and turns a funny colour very quickly.

So I'm not a big fan. However, I have found it to be a good concealer-it covers reddness very well.As a concealer I would give is a 3 or 4.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by littlecinderella

i bought it a few years ago when i was an amateur to make-up, and i hate it. it flakes on the skin, and you can tell were it starts and ends, and looks awful in the hairline! i love the texture though, very smooth :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by ally5172

I have tried this in both Ivory and Champagne. Both are a little orange for me so I want to try Cameo :P I really like the texture of this; it's not heavy, and it makes my skin feel lovely and look lovely too ;) It gets rid of the weird red I have around my nose. I also like the pot. Easy to carry around and it's not messy. I wish it was a bit cheaper, however! Would repurchase.

Also, to the people who say it is too 'cakey' - you're probably using way too much. You need the tiniest amount, it goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is pure, utter crap. The idea of a mousse foundation was a good one, but the payoff is beyond bad. This foundation shows up even slight dry patches on the face, so you'll have to use an exfoliator + moisturiser each time you apply it.

The little jar looks pretty, but is not sanitary in the slightest. Yes, I wash my hands before putting my fingers in it, but if you're out & want to do a little touch up, you'll need to drag your bathroom sink along with you otherwise you'll have to dip your dirty fingers in it & put all the germs on your face.

It looks extremely cakey -- you can definately tell you're wearing foundation when you have this on, so if you're going for the "natural" look, you may want to skip this. I feel like my pores are clogged whenever I put this on, & I must be right because I break out everytime I use it. I assumed the mousse texture of this foundation would make it easy to blend, but I don't find it all that blendable & I have to use a fair amount on my cheeks & forehead.

Would not recommend or repurchase. Not even if someone paid me. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Rockkrock

Oh this is a terrible product for dry skin, it comes on very uneven and not smooth, and you can see parts of it peeling off like a eraser. It also sinks into your wrinkles to make it more noticable.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by missajeng

Thankfully I got this as a sample, so when it turned out disappointing, I didn't lose any sleep over it.
This foundation made my skin really, really dull. It was so matte, it was as if I had colored my face with a crayola.
I'm an AAB/LLL, NC 15-20.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by badazzbarbi

I really like the concept of mouse foundation.. i loooooooove how this feels when i put it on, its just through out the day it kinda goes away... it gives a nice matte glow, this is just a kind of make up you have to apply right to get the good effects. Its not a full coverage, more like sheer to medium.. and I like full coverage!! Also It kinda made me break out..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

great for a quick and efficient coverup!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have normal skin, very fair and light, but with freckles around my nose and on the sides of my nose, and I just wanted something that would cover the freckles. As I put it on around my nose, I could tell that this was way too yellow-orangeish to just apply to one area. I applied it to all of my face, but couldn't blend it in to my neck, so I had to take it all off. I think if you have a darker skin tone, it might work, but for me, at least, with fair skin, it doesn't work.