October 30, 2014 | 1096 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by McConville32

I've read a bunch of comments about this foundation on here and even though it's basically 50/50 I decided to give it a try. I really like this foundation! This product goes on very smoothly and it doesn't feel like I have a ton of makeup on my face. It is very easy to blend, I suggest using a makeup brush to put it on your face, it might be difficult to use your fingers. You don't need to use that much, a little goes a long way. I usually have to use powder with my foundation, but this one I didn't have to use any. Also, I moisturize my face before I put on this foundation. I definitley reccommend this foundation to someone who is looking for medium to heavy coverage and who doesn't want to feel like they have a ton of makeup on their face!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by awesomeistic

This product DOES mess up your skin. It made mine too dry and pimply and it just doesn't look very natural at all. Also, it made my skin itch and I noticed if you put on moisterizer it makes it look even more cakey. Also, as the product gets older, it starts to dry out and get crusty inside of the contaier which is really gross so I don't recommend this product to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Greasy, Greasy, Greasy!

The cons are: the coverage is thick and cakey, it sweats off in thick muddy rivers, the colors are never right, it has glittery sparkles in it. The models they show in the advertisements are definitely not wearing this garbage.

Pros: lots colors to chose from. however, none were right for me.

It left me feeling really greasy. I highly recommend not purchasing this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MandyBayou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

horrific! most cakey "foundation" i have ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Sherrytimes5

This is what I buy when I run out of 'the good stuff'. My mom gave me hers because she said it doesn't go well with her wrinkles on her face... but I do like it for myself. It's not my favorite, and it doesn't last long, but I like the coverage and have no trouble picking a color for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by HollyM324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation, after lots of trial and error.

First, picking the right color is pretty difficult. I have noticed that the colors of the tops are pretty close to the color in the jar. The other thing I noticed is that the Even colors (0, 2, 4) are more yellow toned, while the Odd colors (1, 3, 5) are more pink toned. I originally got 3 for winter and kept noticing I looked pink right around my chin area. Walmart had a package deal to buy the base with the powder, so I got 4 for the summer and have gotten the right color. When winter gets here (and I lose some of my tan), I will probably drop to 2. I am in the light category, so I don't know about the middle category (2.5 in Medium).

Second, application is difficult. You MUST use moisturizer underneath this product or it will not smooth over your skin easily. When I applied it with my fingers, I kept having to dip and rub, and then it was either cakey or splotchy. So, I tried a sponge (dry sponge never tried damp) and it was less splotchy but still had to apply lots of makeup and it felt very thick and mask like. Finally, I tried a brush (it's a blush brush not a foundation brush) and I LOVE this. It goes on easily and lightly over my moisturizer and blends wonderfully. I apply the foundation horizontally with the brush and then blend vertically with the brush. After I finish with that, I do take my fingers and finish the blending, just to ensure equal coverage.

As for the ability of the foundation to last on my face, it stays on my face well. The first three to four hours, I remain matte and oil free and really like the way my face works. I did take off one lipstick because of shine control. After those three to four hours, I do start showing my oily skin, specifically in the nose/cheek area. My forehead doesn't get as shiny as it has in the past, so at least the oil is controlled in one area. I have not noticed the foundation coming off on my skin, but I also make sure my shirt does not touch my face when I take it off or put it on.

The other problem I have noticed with this is the tendency of the foundation to want to move if you start sweating. And, since I live in the deep South, and heat and humidity are problems, I know about sweating as soon as you step outside! As long as you blot the sweat (and don't rub), the foundation stays put. However, if you rub, the foundation there and around the rubbed area does "smear".

So, with a little trial and error, and moisturizer, I think this is a very good foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by nicoleheartsmac

Basically, when this product first came out, I was like "YES! My makeup doesn't have to look heavy!" so I went out and bought it. I used it for a couple months, thought that it looked good until I went out in the sun and realized that my face looked cakey and 'makeup-y' and made my skin look flakey. This is absolutely one of the worst foundations i have used in my life, the texture may be nice, but the product itself is horrid.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by lalala78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmm. I was in that " I really have to buy something but can't be naughty and spend a fortune mood" and decided to pick this up at Superdrug on my way home. I have to say, I found the coverage pretty even, however it was way too heavy in feeling.. I could feel my pores struggling!!
Regardless, Ive since bee informed that Maybelline is one of the last cosmetic companies to jump on the ethics bandwagon and still insists on testing on animals.. will never repurchase this or anything else from Maybelline till they get with the program already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so unneccessary! Yucky foundation from a greedy company!
Back to EM and Chanel!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Snapdragon7

It was O.K. It didn't stay on or stay matte very long on my combination skin, but I wasn't expecting a miracle. I did find a good color for me, however, which is rare for a drugstore foundation and my pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by beautiflaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think that this product is great for me, but I don't think that it works on certain kinds of skin, which is why so many other reviewers have had problems with it. My mom used it and gave what she didn't use to me, because when she tried it the makeup sunk into her pores and and fine lines, but she has barely any wrinkles at all. This makeup made her look older rather than younger. For me it goes on smooth and even, it makes me look like I don't have a single pore, but I'm 21 and I have no blemishes at all. It doesn't cover pimples well though, and doesn't last very long either. You have to reapply after about 6 hours. I usually only wear this if I'm going to be out quickly and I don't feel like wearing powder, or I layer it over a light liquid foundation if I am having photos taken. I love the way this foundation looks in photographs. I hate how you have to dip your finger in it though, it gets under my nails.