August 22, 2014 | 2050 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too grainy, thick and oily.

I thought this was going to be a wonderful foundation invention for my skin! Alas, it wasn't to be... The colour selection is pretty bad and tend to turn orange. I don't like sticking my finger into the pot each time either (although I do make sure my hands are clean!).

I think this actually accentuated any dry patches of skin I had. The only good thing I can think of is that it did make my skin feel silky smooth when I first applied it, but it didn't make it look any better...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation was freakishly smooth. It covered everything perfectly. It's tricky to blend, but after one or two tries I got the hang of it. It lasts a while, which is one of the most important qualities to me. You don't get a lot, but the coverage is good enough that you don't use a lot either. Overall this product was definately worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Pegk

I have used many, many high-end foundations over the years and I can't believe I'm even writing this about such an inexpensive product but I LOVE this stuff! I have been searching for something that I can wear in the summer because I have oily skin in my t-zone and this is the bomb. I have taken so many foundations back to Ulta because I end up not liking the color or texture. This product is great for oily skin and the finished look is that of a high-end foundation. I bought 2 different colors and I blend them together on the back of my hand and use a foundation brush to apply. I'm very happy with the end result and will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Well, I liked this foundation, because it gave me smooth and great coverage through out the day while at work, BUT as soon as 5pm hits and I am going home then I start to look like I am sweaty and greasy looking from my face :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by hallonchris182

after seeing the commercial and thought it looked fantastic wishing i would get the same results as in the commercial i went and bought it for about 10 dollars at cvs.i had trouble findin my shade but got one close to my skin color n i like it alot i mostly use it as a primer for the eyes and blush around the cheeks goes on smooth n a little goes a very long way but if u apply too much will look cakey does give a matte look i think it would work better on oily skin cuz it dried out my skin a bit but still use it n love it next time ill buy a lighter shade

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

This foundation was not bad at all. It covered up blemishes nicely and evened out my skin tone. My only dislike was that if you overdid the application, you would end up with a cakey mess all over. Not pretty.
I would continue to buy this product however somedays I would rather not pay $15 per jar.
All in all, good stuff.

Edit:
Disregard everything good I said about this product. It broke me out with terrible pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by xem4evax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! I have certainly been around the block when it comes to foundations and after hearing various people commenting on how good this foundation was I decided to give it a go! Okay, when i first tried it i wasn't completely satisfied - it didn't blend in as easily as i would have liked. I like my foundation quite thick with a good coverage and i found when applying this is looked slightly cakey and clumpy. I left it for a while and started using different foundations, however when I'de run out of these i decided to give it another go. This time was slightly different, before applying the foundation i made sure i had applied a layer of mosturiser first and it made ALL the difference. It went on smoother and easier and the end result was far better - I also found i didn't need to apply as much! As a result, I highly recommend using moisturiser before applying the foundation. On the whole, i found the shades a good match for my skin, the price wasn't too bad in my opinion and i definately thought for the price you got your money's worth of the foundation - when i bought MAC Studio Tech at £21 it was more or less the same amount so i thought this was good value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by bubblebrain

Love this foundation. This and maybelline's mineral power foundation are the only ones I use, not that I use foundation very often. It goes on very smooth and I love the color matching (but it might be because I have asian skin so probably more yellow than many of the other reviewers). I also have slightly oily skin, which is why I might not have had probs with it looking cakey because i need the mattifying formula. I have most of their mousse products and love them.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by xmusicxbunnyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

one word: ew! yuck, this is the worst foundation ever and i usually like foundations. matte? yeah right! no oil control (actually makes it way worse). It seeps into pores, is not good for your skin, causes breakouts, accentuates dry skin, goes into lines, does not look good on your skin at all! but if you must buy it, i recommend using lots of moisturizer first, and then washing your face right away.

only good thing is that the coverage is good. but it still looks horrible. The packaging is cute, i guess, but it's decieving because there isn't much in there.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by anh3880

Had a horrible time trying to find the right shade. Every shade looked kind of orange on me. Totally dried out my skin and as someone mentioned, if you get a minor breakout it makes it stand out because the foundation dries it out and makes it flakey. Felt way too heavy on my skin.