April 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This must be the most disgusting product Iíve ever tried. It was my first foundation ever when I was around 15, and now I randomly found a jar in my fdtn drawer and tried it on just for fun. Right upon application it looks really smooth and matte, but thenÖGROSS! I applied a primer underneath and it all clumped up and sat on the top of any small unevenness or dry flakes on my skin and it started to slide off in 5 minutes (no joke). I had to wash off my face and start all over again with another fdtn. I literally ran to the sink, it was so gross.
The formula is not oil-free and you can feel it when you stick your finger in, itís so slimy and silicone-y. Itís NO WAY good for oily skin, as it literally slips off in no time. For dry skin itís way too drying. And who wants to wear a layer of silicone slime on their face anyway? Get it off meee blaaahh brrr.
This was a good experience to know that cheap makeup wonít perform (with a few exceptions). All what is positive about DMM is that the application is fuss-free and Iím sure everyone loves to dip their fingers in fdtn mousse and play around. I did too. As for real makeup, this is for beginners. And I havenít even mentioned how all the shades are either pink or orangeÖMaybelline hasnít been able to come up with a realistic color range ever.
Try something else, DMM is way too expensive for a jar of colored gunk. Speaking of the jar, I use it to crush aspirin for my aspirin masks in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by NinjaKiwi

Being on a 16 year old budget, buying clinique makeup 24/7 isn't going to work. I love my clinique but I needed something cheaper to try out. I sfound maybelline dream matte mousse. Its a cute container with a spongy, mousse like substance. It only took a little to cover my entire face, it looked nice on my cheeks, chin, a little on my neck & nose. On my forhead it was a bit patchy & kinda oily. So periododically I would have to use a [clean&clear] oil obsorbing sheet. Its not clinique, but its pretty good. I would buy again. Depends on how much money I have saved from my paycheck. =] It really hides my pores, and matches my skin tone perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by keahi

Okay, the good stuff first: very inexpensive, liked the container and ease of application, shades are good. I got "Classic Ivory" which is a light yellow-toned shade--perfect for my skin tone. No crazy pink shades in this line from the looks of it. I liked that the product smoothed so effortlessly over my skin. You don't have use hardly any at all for good coverage. I applied this to well-moisturized skin and did not have any problems with it highlighting flakes or dry patches. In fact, for the first 15 minutes this was on my face it was near divine. Poreless, even skin that took mere seconds to achieve.
Now the bad. The great skin effect wore off pretty much after those first 15 minutes. I agree with everyone who said this stuff is no good for oily skin. I have combo skin, not even really oily at all, but I think if your skin produces ANY oil whatsoever you will not like this. On me, as the day went on the silicones mixed more and more with the natural oils in my skin. At first it just started not looking nearly as fresh, but by the end of the day my skin felt downright dirty, suffocated, and congested. Far too many silicones for my liking here. If only this would float on top of my skin all day long instead of breaking down and getting gross. Leaves a filmy feel to my skin that really creeps me out. I can see this being good only for those skin types that have perfect, normal skin w/ no oil--but then these people probably wouldn't want/ need something so matte. Wanted to like this one, but I'm back to traditional liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by groovypancakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't like this! It doesn't leave a good, natural looking finish and it started to flake on parts of my skin like my forehead where I have a few patches of dry skin. Would never buy this again and would never recomend it to anyone!
EDIT (15/10/09): Recently tried this again (was borrowing someone's make-up) and it didn't flake as it had before too badly and I hadn't even put moisturiser on. It had really good coverage but it did look a bit caked on and looked as if I was wearing make-up and not just that I have good skin which I hate and pride myself on having natural makeup so for this reason I wouldn't buy it again. But if you're looking for good coverage then this could be for you =)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Addie0184

I use this product as my concealer, I don't like it though because all it does is make my face shiny and it comes off really fast. It looks good on my face right after I put it on but after the day goes by it looks like a fake mess on my face. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by BabyJellyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for anyone with 0 problems skin but for oily skin no.. this does nothing but shine after about 1 hour and is useless in the heat it just melts off your face

however if applied right it can make your skin dreamy it works wonders on my friends with good skin & for me when i don't have spots rare occasion, it's not that cheap either also it dries out & turns orange & rubs off with ease i could go on

this foundation is just ok i might try it in a darker shade

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by KittyKat131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product after seeing the commercials, but my skin is slightly dry and this only accentuated that. If you have oily skin, it may be good, but for dry, sensitive skin, it's not so great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is really creamy and nice at first, but i find that as the day proceeds, my face gets really oily with this stuff on. I have oily skin, but on the days I wear nothing, I can def. feel the difference. Although. I must say I do like to wear this under my eyes- it covers up dark spots well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lyndseylou42

I have this in SAND 030, and its way too orange and despite its light "fluffy" texture, I find it hard to blend and that it wears off quite quickly, which is usually not a problem for my dry and combination skin. It didn't come off as cakey, which is a plus, but yet by the end of the day I had peeling around my nose which was odd. I just don't recommend the product, especially not in Sand 030 because the hue is not natural. Also was not a fan of the packaging, as girls have said before me, it's a tub... you have to dip your fingers in it as it crumbled on my foundation brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Bunny85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i used this foundation for about a year a good 5 years ago , so i ran out of my beloved mineral foundation , so i picked this up as a reserve and i couldnt wait to get it off! maybe becouse i use more up market products now maybe they have changed the formulation or my skin has changed either way i now hate it , but it was good enough for me back then so i have to give it a bit of a rating plus it has an spf which is good, pot is very unhygenic.