February 1, 2015 | 1975 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by masm1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the coverage Dream Matte Mousse gives me. I usually don't even need to use concealer. Unfortunately this stuff gives me horrible breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Positive:
*Uhm...
Negative:
*Packaging: a jar, so you have to put your fingers in the jar to apply it.
*Colour range: not big enough, moderate choice of tones.
*Quality: doesn't stay matte, hard to blend well, unnatural coverage
*Texture: chunky and feels a bit greasy
*Staying power; melts away quickly
For a matte finish I prefer Clinique Superfit. More blendable and a matte finish that looks more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 8:01:00 AM More reviews by BlissBubble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely went through my phase of using this foundation and loving it but after a while i found i had skintone and coverage issues- it was lumpy rather than smooth as time wore on and their tan range was all too dark for my skin, whereas medium was too light. This is nothing new to me with foundations, i struggle to find my shade in any brand hehe...
i love the idea of this foundation but given i cannot find the right shade i cannot say i would use it, plus the texture means coverage gets worse over time.
No breakouts or dryness on my combination skin, it was fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by MizzJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I don't wear foundation, but it makes a great concealer - the perfect mix of liquid and powder! Comes in a variety of shades and feels like velvet. The jar is small enough to throw into your purse and lasts forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Katou

I have oily/dry skin. Combo-like. At first, this worked okay. Covered well. Matted. Sometimes, after a while, it made my face feel disgusting, badly covered and oily feeling. Right now, it's making my skin quite dry. I have trouble applying it evenly even with a moisturizer. It was good at first, but my skin didn't appreciate the little breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by gabbster123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

well the texture of this product is amazign so airy and soft it applies awesomely to my skin it melts into it. it has a great matte finish while actually looking natural but my face looks very light s im going to rate it a 4/5

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Goods:
-not super pricey
-very smooth, glides on
-good coverage
-matte
-doesn't really cause breakouts

not so goods:
-splotchy, uneven application
-sometimes rubs off/doesn't last super long
-looks greasy after a short time

overall, not really impressed. a solid product that i think is overhyped up (or at least it is overhyped by my friends)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 5:22:00 AM More reviews by princesselle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation. it's really matte and glides onto your skin really easily. there's one problem though, for me, it doesn't last very long at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Toughie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this stuff is a bit too thick for foundation. But it is the ULTIMATE concealer! I use it under my eye area to cover the dark circles. This also covers up any minor scars/spots if used correctly.

Use foundation above it and you'll look flawless!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by vanilladiva45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't see why this foundation has such horrible reviews - so many people I know use it. I can't say that it is my HG, but it is in my rotation of foundations. I use it in Medium 2, which is the best match I could find, although it's still not perfect. I apply with a wet sponge, which gives decent coverage for good skin days. Sometimes, I use it as concealer under liquid make-up. I generally find myself happy with the look and it does last, but powder or oil sheets are necessary at some point.