Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 12/30/2008 4:23:00 AM

I started using this 2 years ago in medium 2 "pure beige" because my friend gave it to me, was not dark enough for her, but i tried it and found it the perfect shade! i love the texture, and it stays beautiful for most of the day, doesnt make skin oily or break out, and like others, when i try to change products, i always come back to this one! The only problem i find is the container, it makes the foundation get stuck under fingernails, especially if u have fake nails.

on 12/29/2008 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I first rated this product well over a year ago, and normally I'd give an update as an extension to my original review, but I decided to delete my whole review and start over. you see, I had bought this many years ago, like when I was in high school, and hated it. I think what was wrong is that I got the shade Porcelain Ivory, which apparently was too light for me, and because it made me break out. thinking back, I'm sure this was because I was constantly sticking my fingers in the product and probably didn't wash them -_- also, I didn't like how it made my skin look dry, but now I realize that this was because I used too much, and also I think my skin has gotten oilier since then, unfortunately :(

however, a few months ago I decided to give this product a second chance, getting the next darker shade, Classic Ivory. it looks a tiny bit dark on me right now, which I'm fine with because I plan to primarily use it in the summer, when I get a little darker. also, I apply it with a slightly damp flat-top brush, which is much more effective than using my fingers, since it is more hygienic and prevents me from using too much. even though it provides a matte finish, I still need to use a mattifying moisturizer and pressed powder or else it'll come off by the end of the day. sadly, "matte" does not translate to "oil control". so I gave it only 3 lippies. nice finish, poor staying power.

on 12/28/2008 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I purchased the Mousse foundation in L2 "Classic Ivory" for most of the year, and also the L1 "Porcelain Ivory" for winter. It's winter, so I'm using L1, i havent tried L2 yet. But I really really am liking this foundation. The product itself is very.. revolutionary. It's literally a mousse that you can use whatever amount of it you desire and just smear it over your face. It offers great coverage! I have rosacea (mild but icky red splotchy cheeks that are very annoying!) and it covers it all right up!! I think that is the main reason why I have fallen for this foundation. None of the others conceal my rosacea as well as this does, and my main quality i look for in foundation is, can it cover my rosacea? The answer to this little gem, YES! Give it a try, it's not very expensive but is amazing!

A lot of people have been saying it's hard to blend? I have not experienced that at all.. i think it's actually quite a dream to blend (ha ha ha..) But really, I just take a smidge amount on my finger and blend and then take a smidge more.. maybe others have been taking too much on their finger at a time? I'm not sure.. but I think it works fabulous!

on 12/26/2008 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this product. I usually use it to cover redness around my nose and rosacea on my cheeks. It covers well and looks pretty natural. I didn't experience any problems with blending; it may be because I don't cover large areas with it.

on 12/26/2008 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Since I have really dry skin, when I apply the Dream Matte Mousse onto my skin it will seriously start to get a bit powdery during the day. So I really don't recommend it for those who have dry skin. Another bad thing is how other have mentioned is the packaging, and how it's kind of difficult trying to find your color. When I bought it I got a darker color. Also, it doesn't cover your blemishes unless you apply a really good concealer.

However, the consistensy is really nice. I think it will work best for those who have combination or oily skin and it not looking for full coverage.

on 12/23/2008 7:09:00 PM

Ok well, I really like the texture, the mousse feels really nice on my skin. The color was good, I don't remember what color I got but it matched my skin pretty well. I should've remembered when I bought this though, that it's foundation, not concealer, and putting in on zits and really red marks won't make them look invisible. It works to cover the all over redness that I have on my forehead from my recent horrifying descent into terrible skin, but it doesn't cover zits that well. It's pretty light, good if you only want a little coverage and nothing heavy or cakey looking.

I have purchased this foundation as my friend uses it and her skin looked flawless. I purchased the foundation and wanted to compare the drugstore foundations to a more expensive types such as branded ones. The shade I picked out seemed fine until I got home and applied it on my face, in the jar the foundation seemed much lighter than it really is, which is very weird and hard to pick out the right skin shade. I applied the foundation with my fingers which is not very hygienic but applying it with a foundation brush would be very hard as it's a mousse formula. I spread the foundation with a foundation brush after it was on my face. The result is not great, It looks quiet cakey and in some areas of the face it looks like I had more on which I dont know wether it was down to the way I have applied it or the product itself. After a few hours during the day I had to re-apply it near my mouth and chin but I must say that it is a very matte foundation so if you are looking for a dewy healthy looking skin then this foundation is not for you. It covers blemishes easily and large pores but Im not really impressed on how it looked on my skin. I personally felt that it looked cheap and not worth the money but again it might be down to the colour being wrong. I wouldnt repurchase again as I still believe that branded makeup often delivers a better result on the skin and buying a foundation should be the most important part as we use it most of the time.

on 12/20/2008 1:09:00 PM

MY HG FOUNDATION!!!
I had this in Medium 4 and was using almost everyday in the summer...as my first foundation (never was a foundation user).

I first used it as super light coverage, just to get my feet wet in the foundation department but then my tan wore off, I found that it was too dark, orangey, so I went to WalMart to get a new foundation and I wanted to try a new formula, but I just couldn't stray away from Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. So I looked for one with yellow undertones so I got it in Medium 0 which is PERFECTTTT for my skin tone. WOW can't believe the match.

I got it in a combination deal with Dream Matte Pressed Powder which I also love, and I was able to buy both products for 8 dollars which is AMAZINGGGGGGG. I love love love this line of face products from maybelline...except the blush which is too shimmery.

The only downfall to this foundation is that if you are dry, have dry spots, or having a dry day...it'll exaggerate the dryness even more. The quickfix to that...use a moisturizer before and a moisturizing concealer, and you're good to go. If you're not oily, then youre just good to go from the get go! :]

on 12/19/2008 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this product in Ivory.

Pros: I like the little pot and love the feel of the mousse.
Lightweight.
Good range of colours.
Blends great with my Benefit Benetint and High Beam!

Cons:
Can transfer onto clothes.
Can look a little obvious sometimes.

on 12/18/2008 6:17:00 PM

I tried this foundation years ago, and didn't really like it. I realise now that it was the wrong colour and that it might have been a good idea to wear some moisturiser and primer underneath, because it dried my skin out.
I had a look at it recently and found a colour that actually suits me (just about, if I were any paler the lightest one would be too dark) so I'm thinking of giving it another go. I'll update if/when I do. :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera