September 2, 2014 | 954 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ef604

I like this foundation. The first time I applied it I used my MAC 190 brush and I was amazed how flawless my face looked. Then I used it for a couple more days and really was not impressed with the staying power. It was not controlling my oil production as much as I had hoped. So, I threw it im my makeup case and moved on to another well reviewed foundation for oily skin, Revlon Beyond Natural. Well.... That's when I realized how much I really liked the Dream Mousse. It may not be exactly a "dream", but it works well. I am wearing it right now! I would definitely recommed applying it with a foundation brush for best results.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by abetdarkness

I really would like to say that I would buy this product again, because it looks flawless ! I love how good looks on skin, but sadly this wonderful foundation clogs the pores, so by the end of the day you gonna have a little surprise ! ... pimples ! if your skin is not acne-prone, maybe you will love this foundation, but if you have acne or you are acne-prone, don't waste your money ! because it's gonna make your acne worst !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lelaelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Probably my favorite drugstore foundation.
Really makes the skin feel soft, look nearly perfect and lasts quite a while.
I wish they had a shade for me because I really hate mixing shades to get the right one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by shooootor

This is my first review ever
and ive been creeping on makupalley for about a year!
My reason? to warn people because I feel like I should:
this crap gave me the WORST break out of my entire life
the break out was so bad it took 3 whole months to fully clear up.This product is pure silicone that just sits on skin and clogs pores. It LOOKS nice at first but if your acne prone
I advise you to stay the h-e-l-l away from this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too grainy, thick and oily.

I thought this was going to be a wonderful foundation invention for my skin! Alas, it wasn't to be... The colour selection is pretty bad and tend to turn orange. I don't like sticking my finger into the pot each time either (although I do make sure my hands are clean!).

I think this actually accentuated any dry patches of skin I had. The only good thing I can think of is that it did make my skin feel silky smooth when I first applied it, but it didn't make it look any better...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation was freakishly smooth. It covered everything perfectly. It's tricky to blend, but after one or two tries I got the hang of it. It lasts a while, which is one of the most important qualities to me. You don't get a lot, but the coverage is good enough that you don't use a lot either. Overall this product was definately worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Pegk

I have used many, many high-end foundations over the years and I can't believe I'm even writing this about such an inexpensive product but I LOVE this stuff! I have been searching for something that I can wear in the summer because I have oily skin in my t-zone and this is the bomb. I have taken so many foundations back to Ulta because I end up not liking the color or texture. This product is great for oily skin and the finished look is that of a high-end foundation. I bought 2 different colors and I blend them together on the back of my hand and use a foundation brush to apply. I'm very happy with the end result and will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Well, I liked this foundation, because it gave me smooth and great coverage through out the day while at work, BUT as soon as 5pm hits and I am going home then I start to look like I am sweaty and greasy looking from my face :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by hallonchris182

after seeing the commercial and thought it looked fantastic wishing i would get the same results as in the commercial i went and bought it for about 10 dollars at cvs.i had trouble findin my shade but got one close to my skin color n i like it alot i mostly use it as a primer for the eyes and blush around the cheeks goes on smooth n a little goes a very long way but if u apply too much will look cakey does give a matte look i think it would work better on oily skin cuz it dried out my skin a bit but still use it n love it next time ill buy a lighter shade

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

This foundation was not bad at all. It covered up blemishes nicely and evened out my skin tone. My only dislike was that if you overdid the application, you would end up with a cakey mess all over. Not pretty.
I would continue to buy this product however somedays I would rather not pay $15 per jar.
All in all, good stuff.

Edit:
Disregard everything good I said about this product. It broke me out with terrible pimples.