July 22, 2014 | 1685 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a DDD (MAC NW50 ... but with more of a red undertone). I found this foundation to be mask-y, not at all subtle and worst of all, it rubbed off on everything! The SA at Sephora actually tried to talk me out of buying it but I was pretty determined and went home with it anyway. After applying with a brush (and then another time with my fingers and a third time with a sponge) I finally gave up and returned it to the store.
I gave it a two because the color match was actually pretty spot-on but I just didn't dig the texture. I'm still a big fan of the MUFE line ... I use the primer all over, dot the five-color concealer over my trouble spots, then dust with MAC's loose powder in deep dark. Keeps me looking pretty cute most of the day! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by bellarosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at Sephora and will definitely be purchasing it. The coverage is great - not too light or too heavy (i.e. cakey). I apply moisturer, primer, then the foundation and set it with powder. It lasts all day for me. The MA at Sephora matched me with #120 and its perfect. I've tried so many foundations - Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC and this is the best of the bunch, for me anyway. Get a sample at Sephora first if you're unsure purchasing it because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by hownowbrownmj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, this does what it says it'll do...on my skin, up close, there is no tell-tale sign that I'm wearing liquid makeup. This seems a little less oily than my Matte Velvet (also by MUFE), and the color selection is extensive, with a lot of choices with yellow undertones (not pink) available. Don't know that it's my HG, but it is a good go-to for everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by shesseder

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn' feel heavy, doesn't clog pores, good coverage, looks natural, but it turns orange, at least it does on my skin. That's the reason I took two lipsticks away. I don't like to look like Pumpkin Head at the end of the day. For that price, I expect better ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by rallu

The color 120 looks exactly like dior linen and it should be the perfect color for me but because it has a sheer coverage my redness still shows through and after 2 hours it gets oily and starts disappearing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by simpleecharmed

I truly thought this was my HG foundation but sadly it wasn't. I wear 123 and it is a good match for me. The coverage is medium and it is buildable. Initially, I purchased the foundation, the primer (blue), and the powder. After a few weeks I returned the primer and the powder. I did not like the primer at all. The primer did not help provide a smooth application for the foundation and it would ball up around my nose. In addition, I did not like the powder as well. It made me look pale plus it was too messy for me. Although, this foundation provides a nice coverage it rubs off too easily, clog pores, and cause breakouts. I will not repurchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by RMulieri

I do like this foundation and for now it is my HG (till I find something better).It covers and matches my skin perfectly, but it does turn greasy after awhile(nothing blotting papers can't fix).I will use this till I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by fashionela

I had such high hopes for this foundation, but sadly I was let down. :( I have combination skin, it's not excessively oily, although it can get dry every once and awhile and I have occasional breakouts. (btw, I have been using MaMa lotion for the breakouts and it is truly one of the greatest products for evening your skin tone!).

Anyways, when I purchased this foundation I did have a breakout going on. I heard that this "high def" makeup helps conceal things like that in photos, but I wore this foundation to a party and in the photos my breakout stood out even more than they normally do with other foundations! Also, this makeup looked so oily on me after it was on for an hour or two, and it also rubbed off so easily!
I am sticking with my Bare Naturale, it conceals so much nicer, doesn't rub off and never ever looks oily. Now I am stuck with this bottle of MUF that I don't use...I may try it one more time, though.

One thing I should point out is that I didn't use the primer or powder. I am sure with the help of these two products the oiliness wouldn't be as bad, but to me that is all too much work when there are other foundations that don't cause oiliness and you don't need to layer three products just to look decent...

I also rated the packaging a 3 simply because of the pump applicator. You have to be careful when pumping out the product or too much will come out and you're left with extra that you're not even using.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by LolaPS

Incredibly disappointing product. Provides an unnatural looking finish. Although it feels lightweight and makes your skin feel smooth, it looks like you've got a powdery mask on. It doesn't provide enough coverage. I agree with some of you; it certainly exaggerates any dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have cool-toned fair skin with some redness like I do, you know that finding a good match for foundation can be very tricky. MUFE HD has a very extensive selection of shades and for my NW20 skin, the 115 was a perfect match. At first, I was very happy with the consistency and medium coverage that this foundation provided, especially in photos where my skin looked smooth and airbrushed. The packaging is very sleek, hygienic and the pump dispenses just the right amount. However, I do have a few criticisms. The first 3-4 weeks of wearing this foundation were spectacular, no complaints whatsoever, then, after about a month, I noticed some dryness in my skin and the foundation wasn’t as flawless a few hours after application as it looked 15 minutes after application. Halfway through the day in some places the foundation had pooled a bit in my pores and in other spots, had mostly melted off. I dabbed a little moisturizer on my face and the problem was quickly solved, but it left me unsatisfied. I’ve realized that your skin has to be super exfoliated and moisturized, especially in the cooler months of the year, to get that perfect even application. Maybe my skin is too dry in the winter for this product, or I need a heavier day cream – but for now I can only give this foundation 3 lippies. I’ll update this review in another month or so