November 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received my MUFE HD #115 in a swap, as I am a MAC NC 15 and I found it matched me perfectly! :) I rarely enjoy liquid foundations but I really like the fact that it has a pump and is easy to distribute just a small amount. It's very soft and smooth going on, I apply mine with a foundation brush and blend out with a wedge sponge. Feels light & I've had no problems with it! Definitely a great product. I use it with the HD primer & powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by cheesemonkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my god... it would NEVER have occurred to me to apply this with a kabuki brush until I read some of the reviews here on MakeupAlley, but voilà! I rushed into the bathroom to try this brilliant idea with my handy kabuki brush. I was amazed at the polish, finish, and coverage I achieved on my first try with this over the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel stuff (which I also discovered through a review here on MUA).

I have splotchy skin with the character and texture of the moon's surface (okay, maybe slightly less pockmarked) but the MUFE HD foundation in shade 117 applied with the kabuki brush made me look smooth and polished.

I am super-pale with yellow/orange undertones, but this color looks fantastic.

I should also note that I always have one zit or another somewhere on my face in various stages of healing. This foundation made my skin look wonderful, natural, smooth. I did not even use any concealer, figuring why draw further attention to the natural flaws? I just left them as they were and let the MUFE HD foundation do the rest.

I was feeling discouraged about this product but not any more! I now love the way it looks and I look forward to playing with getting better coverage and texture using the kabuki brush.

I can now go out in public and face the world.

Thank you to the geniuses here who recommended the use of this tool. I am nominating you for the Nobel Prize in Makeup, so please be expecting a call from Sweden in the wee early hours of the morning.

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict830

I decided to pick up a sample of this product after reading so many "great" reviews and after testing it out, frankly I was very disappointed. My skin isn't that bad-some acne scars and slight redness around the nose but this foundation didn't cover any of this. If anything it made my skin look dry and my blackheads more noticeable.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is just way too overhyped, I agree. I'm currently searching for a new foundation and tried this one along with a few others at Sephora. Well, it settled on a skin imperfection and highlighted the flakiness. Other than that, it felt like any other liquid foundation. Plus, it squirted onto my shirt because the pump was clogged. Sure, it has a nice selection of colors, but I just don't get what is so special about this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by lissa81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very pale and I use shade 110. I have been using this foundation for about a week, and it has not made me break out (and *everything* makes me break out.) It is very thick so you don't need a lot and you do need to blend well. I apply it with the Sonia Kashuk little blue peep sponge! Yesterday, my husband looked at me and said "Your skin looks really good-are you using something different on it?" and he almost never notices stuff like that, so this one so far is a winner. I like the pump packaging. It is expensive, I think, but I am willing to pay if it works, and so far it does.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by rjdelosreyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok...Lord god please give me the words to explain this foundation. The hype on this is seriously just too much. Honestly i will give it the best shade selection, although funny enough the MU's at Sephora can't even match my skin. It was either too pink or too dark. One MU said to darken it up with bronzer, honestly foundation as the word suggests is your foundation. If it's already wrong then you're going to have problems. I don't understand why I an Asian with deep golden skin cannot find the right shade. Almost everyone can but not me. I bought this product and returned it. It was a disaster trying to figure out my shade. They used almost every single color to match me and couldn't find one...I'm a very patient person when it comes to products, but that process what painful, just really painful...I do recommend this to people who can find their shade. It works well with MSF natural as a setting powder. Just honestly take your time finding your shade, and if you do then you will love this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was skeptical of this foundation because it was so hyped up and I find that really popular makeup items usually don't work for me...

But I love this foundation! I got a sample from Sephora to be safe and it's lovely. Not cakey, feels light yet offers good coverage for my acne scars.

Edit: I took of a lippie because this just gets too greasy and doesn't last very long.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm disappointed in this foundation. To be completely honest, I cannot speak on its long-term perfomance because I couldn't get pass the way it looked on me. The color match was okay...nothing to brag about, but probably one of the closest matches I've had in any foundation aside MAC. By the way, I wear NC45/50, depending on the season. I tried shade 173 and 176 (I think). 173 has more yellow but was a tad light/milky looking and the other had a bit too much of the red undertones in it.
Anyway, this foundation, no matter how I applied it, looked too thick and unnatural for my liking. They dont call this HD for kicks I tell ya. This is something I would wear or recommend for a photoshoot, for someone who's going to be attending a super fancy event where flashes are going to be going off every 2 seconds, and yes, for weddings too. For every day wear I'm afraid this is too much. At least for me. But consider that I'm not into heavy foundations and I mostly wear powder and concealer when needed.
I took a sample home as soon as this foundation came out and tried it several times, up until now, when I'm finally convinced this is just not for me.
The price for the actual product is actually ok, and so is the packaging. Overall will not repurchase for personal use but *might* consider or recommend for special events.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

I rarely ever get in to foundations because I find that picking a shade is just way too difficult. The hype around this product, however, convinced me to give it a try. I have yellow undertones, but I find that a lot of yellow toned foundation (esp. MAC) makes me look like I'm wearing a yellow mask. I've been MAC matched in Studio Fix Powder to C2, NC25, and N4. I usually reach for N4 the most since the other ones seem too yellow when I apply them. So when I bought this, I was wary of 117 (which is VERY yellow when swatched on the hand) but none of the other colors seemed right for me. The Sephora SA recommended it to me as well when she did a match. I have to say, I am VERY pleasantly surprised. When you apply this foundation, it doesn't look as yellow as it does in the bottle. I found that it was actually the PERFECT match for me! I'd say it gives buildable light to medium coverage. I have normal skin for the most part so I can't comment on whether or not it causes break outs. If I tan in the summer, I might need to go up to 118 or 120, but for now 117 is my HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My newest foundation purchase that I am in love with. :) I like to rotate my foundations based on the season and sometimes prefer different finishes which led me to buy this one. It's a love/hate relationship with this one on the boards. Those who dislike seem to break out quite a bit from it. I've never been breakout prone so I gave it a try.

I am very pleased with this overall. It's probably my heaviest foundation coverage wise but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes I prefer a heavier coverage and this one fits the bill. It evens out my skintone and covers the minor imperfections very well without looking mask like on the skin. It seems to glide on my skin very nicely although be warned that this one dries quickly so blend in quickly!! I've only applied w/ my fingers so far and it looks nice but I am going to apply w/ my MAC 187 as well.

After much debating about shades online I trudged to my local Sephora which isn't so local, to get matched. I'm glad I did because my guesstimate was a number off. I was matched at #127 /Dark Sand(med skin w/ yellow undertones). For reference I have combo skin. I wear Shell in Chanel T.I. liquid, #3 in GA Face Fabric, #30 in Diorskin Forever, and around NC 35 in MAC. I have clear skin w/ no major imperfections,not breakout prone. Retails for $40 (US).