August 1, 2014 | 1309 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

This foundation was not bad at all. It covered up blemishes nicely and evened out my skin tone. My only dislike was that if you overdid the application, you would end up with a cakey mess all over. Not pretty.
I would continue to buy this product however somedays I would rather not pay $15 per jar.
All in all, good stuff.

Edit:
Disregard everything good I said about this product. It broke me out with terrible pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by xem4evax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! I have certainly been around the block when it comes to foundations and after hearing various people commenting on how good this foundation was I decided to give it a go! Okay, when i first tried it i wasn't completely satisfied - it didn't blend in as easily as i would have liked. I like my foundation quite thick with a good coverage and i found when applying this is looked slightly cakey and clumpy. I left it for a while and started using different foundations, however when I'de run out of these i decided to give it another go. This time was slightly different, before applying the foundation i made sure i had applied a layer of mosturiser first and it made ALL the difference. It went on smoother and easier and the end result was far better - I also found i didn't need to apply as much! As a result, I highly recommend using moisturiser before applying the foundation. On the whole, i found the shades a good match for my skin, the price wasn't too bad in my opinion and i definately thought for the price you got your money's worth of the foundation - when i bought MAC Studio Tech at £21 it was more or less the same amount so i thought this was good value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by bubblebrain

Love this foundation. This and maybelline's mineral power foundation are the only ones I use, not that I use foundation very often. It goes on very smooth and I love the color matching (but it might be because I have asian skin so probably more yellow than many of the other reviewers). I also have slightly oily skin, which is why I might not have had probs with it looking cakey because i need the mattifying formula. I have most of their mousse products and love them.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by xmusicxbunnyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

one word: ew! yuck, this is the worst foundation ever and i usually like foundations. matte? yeah right! no oil control (actually makes it way worse). It seeps into pores, is not good for your skin, causes breakouts, accentuates dry skin, goes into lines, does not look good on your skin at all! but if you must buy it, i recommend using lots of moisturizer first, and then washing your face right away.

only good thing is that the coverage is good. but it still looks horrible. The packaging is cute, i guess, but it's decieving because there isn't much in there.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by anh3880

Had a horrible time trying to find the right shade. Every shade looked kind of orange on me. Totally dried out my skin and as someone mentioned, if you get a minor breakout it makes it stand out because the foundation dries it out and makes it flakey. Felt way too heavy on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jeramy

I recommend this product if you use only a little foundation on certain areas of your face. If you like lots of coverage all over your face, it might look cakey at the end of the day. It's light, soft, and smooth, and if you find the right shade it looks great! I only use it on my cheeks and it does a great job. BUT!!! DO NOT use it if you have pimples that are dry -- it only accentuates the dryness and makes your acne look worse. You should have relatively clear skin before using this product, and should only use it to give a more flawless look, not cover up acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by proggoddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have light-medium skin and I bought this in Natural Beige 2.5. It's a little too yellow for my skin tone. I was trying to see the color of the foundation through the glass jar, but the glass is so thick, it refracts the light in the store making the foundation look lighter than it is. The jar lid is actually pretty close to the real color of the product. This mousse is extremely dry. It is hard to blend with fingers - I get much better results with a foundation brush. The mousse is very matte, which I like since my skin is very oily. Even though it's okay, I won't repurchase - it's too hard to get the application to look right consistently.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by MissBoop

I'm so disappointed. I wish I liked this foundation but I don't. I have oily skin and this makes me cakey. It builds up around my eyes. And after a couple of hours, I see patches of it. I'm really gonna try using a damp sponge to apply it like one of the other reviewers but I highly doubt I'm going to repurchase if I ever end up using all of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by tinnula

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I usually don't buy foundations at drugstores because I often end up regretting my decision (I'm kind of difficult to color match). The drugstore next to where I live was having a Buy one/get one free for Maybelline products, so I decided to pick this up. I'm really glad I did. I wear the Light 01 color and it matches really well.

As for applying it, I tried it straight on with a foundation brush but that didn't feel right on my skin and looked too heavy and a little orange, which bummed me out, so I tried using a damp sponge and it worked beautifully - it went on smooth and even and stayed on all day. I highly recommend using a damp sponge to apply this - NOT fingers or foundation brushes, it really helps! really like this and I'm glad I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Another UPDATE 11.17.08:Only change is application: moisturize well, with clean finger, apply swatchs to random areas and buff like no tomorrow with everyday minerals flat buffer. The look is mahvelous. Bump up to 5 lippies.
UPDATE: 9/1/08: After a summer load of high end, "counter" foundations and fooling around with "MA's", I'm happily back where I started. DS and coundn't be happier. The update is: Still a Dream. I use this mixed with a dab of moisturizer/sunscreen and applying with foundation brush. This gives me a more sheer everyday finish. But I don't hesitate to wear it "straight" for my glam/dressy look. Better than a dream, after a month still no Breatkouts. Very few foundations I can count on lately but this is a definate winner. Drug store brands DO rock. I'm through chasing a name, I'm after PRODUCTs that work and for me this one does.

OrigReview: For the full coverage matte finish of every oily girl/guy's fantasy, this is it. Covers imperfections nicely. Goes on smooth. I did not see more noticeable smile crinkle lines aound the eyes. Does not change to strange colors. I have not noticed product transfer to clothing or hands throughout the day. And this baby lasts all dang day wihtout making my oily T any oiler.
The jar packaging doesn't bother me - how many other effective options can you get with a mousse? I just take some product out with a clean brush, to the back of my hand and go from there.

Minus 1 lippie: Downside is choosing correct tone. The product in the jar is darker than what appears thru the thick glass. I went for the name that usually works for me. i.e., if you're usually a beige, ivory or carmel, start there and go one shade lighter.