July 22, 2014 | 1689 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Another UPDATE 11.17.08:Only change is application: moisturize well, with clean finger, apply swatchs to random areas and buff like no tomorrow with everyday minerals flat buffer. The look is mahvelous. Bump up to 5 lippies.
UPDATE: 9/1/08: After a summer load of high end, "counter" foundations and fooling around with "MA's", I'm happily back where I started. DS and coundn't be happier. The update is: Still a Dream. I use this mixed with a dab of moisturizer/sunscreen and applying with foundation brush. This gives me a more sheer everyday finish. But I don't hesitate to wear it "straight" for my glam/dressy look. Better than a dream, after a month still no Breatkouts. Very few foundations I can count on lately but this is a definate winner. Drug store brands DO rock. I'm through chasing a name, I'm after PRODUCTs that work and for me this one does.

OrigReview: For the full coverage matte finish of every oily girl/guy's fantasy, this is it. Covers imperfections nicely. Goes on smooth. I did not see more noticeable smile crinkle lines aound the eyes. Does not change to strange colors. I have not noticed product transfer to clothing or hands throughout the day. And this baby lasts all dang day wihtout making my oily T any oiler.
The jar packaging doesn't bother me - how many other effective options can you get with a mousse? I just take some product out with a clean brush, to the back of my hand and go from there.

Minus 1 lippie: Downside is choosing correct tone. The product in the jar is darker than what appears thru the thick glass. I went for the name that usually works for me. i.e., if you're usually a beige, ivory or carmel, start there and go one shade lighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by staphy

I still have some leftover of this product. Even though i have very oily skin, this product makes my skin cakey and dry. The colors are limited and it is too light for my skin ( i got the SA to choose my color). I always find myself applying more than i should because i had to dip my sponge into the small container. Definitely would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2008 7:51:00 AM More reviews by freshremixs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation. I realized that applying this straight onto your face (of course a moisturized face), it WILL appear cakey and dry. My method of applying this is with a wet sponge. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. BELIEVE ME. Layering it will NOT get what you want, only a dry dry dry CAKEY face. Layering it WILL give the feeling that you are clogging your pores, so I dab my wet sponge a once or twice into the product then apply it all over my face. Repeat if necessary (with moderation obviously). The shade I bought ( I believe it is Light Beige? I don't remember because I don't use it everyday). Fortunately, this did not make me break out. I'm also amazed with it's lasting power. A day at the gym didn't melt this off, so I guess its Ok. Although this isn't my HG foundation....I find it to be a decent foundation despite otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by SparkleToad

This is my HG foundation. I can't believe how low the reviews are for this. This is the only foundation that doesn't oxidize on my super oily skin and it stays matte all day. It is the only store brand/foundation that carries shades yellow enough for my skintone. I apply this with the Sonia Kashuk flat brush, which is really supposed to be for blush application. Well, I don't use it for blush, I use it for this foundation, and it applies like a dream. It buffs it to a really nice finish that doesn't look cakey or dry. The best part is that I can get this at bogo50% so often, it makes it SUPER affordable.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by cheerioqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first started using it, I LOVED it. Maybe why I started to dislike it was because it was getting too old and the makeup started wearing down in the jar. After a while it started caking on my face and turning orange. It was also hard to find something to apply it with because of it's odd formulation (creme yet powdery). I might have another try at this when I get a brush suitable for it, when my CG Trublend runs out, and when it's on sale.
EDIT: I've tried it again and it sucks. I'm going to pawn this foundation off on one of my not-so-pale friends. It's almost a whole jar and it's far too orange for a pale girl. :/
EDIT 2: I don't know why I keep coming back to this. I thought maybe I'd like it with a good brush. Freaking waste of my money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by maggiejane92

I do not see how people hate this product to tell you the truth. It works wonders! Usually my face looks cakey and dry but with this it looks as though my skin is flawless and natural. This product is so easy to apply and really looks fantastic on every skin tone. I recommend this foundation to every woman seeking great, long-lasting coverage that never sweats off and never looks cakey! The very best I have ever tried, without a doubt. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by staceb1990

I saw that this was on sale and bought it. I've always wanted to try it and thought now would be the time. This morning I put it on without any moisturizer, thinking my skin is oily enough. That was my first mistake. This clung to all my pimples and dry spots. So I washed off and tried again on a moisturized, primed face and I love it! I used my 187 with this and it gave me the perfect coverage. I also really like the 109 for it. This is also a wonderful color for my skin. The only thing that bugs me is that it cakes up on my nose where my eyeglasses hit.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by onigiripie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You dont want to buy this product if you dont have clear skin and you want something with really good coverage. I dont have many marks on my face but because my skin is very dry and this product has abit of a powdery feel after applying you could see all the dry parts of my skin. However, on good days, I found that just adding alittle did cover the redness of the dry parts well. It's not too bad, so i will say "yes" to buying it again, however if i do it wont be anytime soon just because there are many other products that i want to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by spongy

Yet another disappointing drug store foundation.. it felt fairly greasy and didn't cover well. it only looked somewhat good in certain lights...flourescent lights and when i stepped outdoors made me look like i caked on a heavy layer of makeup when in reality, i only put a small amount on my face. It made my skin look dry and discolored. It literally seemed like parts of my skin was flaking and peeling off. I could live without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it has been a while since i last used this product, maybe 2 years ago and it worked great back when i still had okay skin .. haha .. i would say it has an average coverage and is easy to pack on without the cakey look .. very smooth texture but the packaging isnt that great since the product can be easily contaminated but would repurchase in the near future. i also have the dream matte powder and have been using it as of now, for some reason it does not work as well as the mouse, it does not stay on and a lot of times i would use it to control the shine on my skin but it really dries it up when applied, and after a while it just gets really oily .. would not repurchase the powder it sucks