April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by bittersweetjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised that an oily-skinned girl like me has had such luck with a creamy foundation like this. The things I like about it are: it gives good medium coverage; the lightest color works really well for my ivory complexion; and it doesn't fade or slide off like a lot of liquid foundations do. The only thing I would suggest is to warm it a bit between your thumb and forefinger before applying. That prevents it from balling up and helps it go on smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by xin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

hm, this foundation feels so soft on my skin, and i like the smell. but i dunno why, i feel like it's a little difficult to apply it perfectly at my skin, coz it;s too sticky as a half creme foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by eyeleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This makes my skin look so smooth and my pores disappear. It doesn't make me break out either, and the texture is really nice. My only complaints are that it oxidizes a little bit (my skin is really fair, so it's noticable) and it doesn't last. Like, at all. It rubs right off. And the container is quite heavy for such a small amount of product.
update: I had to take a few lippies off. It looks amazing when you first apply it, but that lasts about ten minutes :/

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by k3ll3y

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a few years (I want to say since it first came out). I do like it and I find that it gives good coverage and makes my huge pores look smaller. It doesn't make my skin feel greasy, but I do have to touch up mid-afternoon to get that fresh look again. I think once you open the container the air makes it not as "dreamy" but it seems to work all the same. I'll keep it around as long as I can. It does come off on clothes, people, things...just a warning. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by angeldemonhick

I love this product! it is soft on your skin won't break you out. looks very natural and can match your skin tone. does not feel thick or heavy on your face goes on smooth and doesn't smear. B+

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ELIZApatricia

Pros:
(1) Does not break-up and get all blotchy.
(2) It helps keep oil at bay
(3) NO BREAKOUTS!!!
(4) Dries down to a smooth matte powdery finish
(5) Applied correctly, you can achieve a full coverage, airbrushed movie star matte look.
(6) Does not oxidize (turn orange) and does not wear off.
Cons:
(1) This can be challenging to apply though as it's very dry and sometimes crumbly. Apply LIGHTLY (only need a little for a lot of coverage) by patting onto the skin with your fingers or better yet, use a foundation brush for ultra smooth results!
(2)The colors are tricky, this stuff will dry lighter than it appears in the jar.
(3) Rubs off easily, not transfer-resistant.
(4)U have to moisturize first, or every dry patch on your skin will show.
Bottom Line: It's a'ight.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by ilovenature

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, it blends so well and looks great. I have been using this for a while and have never had a problem with it. The only sligh problem is that its a bit slimy but if you put powder foundation over it its great.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by sappphirelilys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this foundation among drug store brands. Can't compare to Shiseido but worthwhile at its price. Easy to spread with a wet sponge, the color worked well for my complexion. Pretty good overall.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by missL5678

It's the right price and feels good in your hands, but in my opinion this is the worst foundation.
It looked uneven on my skin, and I broke out horribly after using it.
I will never, ever use this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This must be the most disgusting product Iíve ever tried. It was my first foundation ever when I was around 15, and now I randomly found a jar in my fdtn drawer and tried it on just for fun. Right upon application it looks really smooth and matte, but thenÖGROSS! I applied a primer underneath and it all clumped up and sat on the top of any small unevenness or dry flakes on my skin and it started to slide off in 5 minutes (no joke). I had to wash off my face and start all over again with another fdtn. I literally ran to the sink, it was so gross.
The formula is not oil-free and you can feel it when you stick your finger in, itís so slimy and silicone-y. Itís NO WAY good for oily skin, as it literally slips off in no time. For dry skin itís way too drying. And who wants to wear a layer of silicone slime on their face anyway? Get it off meee blaaahh brrr.
This was a good experience to know that cheap makeup wonít perform (with a few exceptions). All what is positive about DMM is that the application is fuss-free and Iím sure everyone loves to dip their fingers in fdtn mousse and play around. I did too. As for real makeup, this is for beginners. And I havenít even mentioned how all the shades are either pink or orangeÖMaybelline hasnít been able to come up with a realistic color range ever.
Try something else, DMM is way too expensive for a jar of colored gunk. Speaking of the jar, I use it to crush aspirin for my aspirin masks in it.