Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 11/19/2008 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The dream mousse tends to make my skin a bit to red and orange and dry my cheeks out as if I never applied any moisturizer on my face! It does make my skin smooth, but it always feels too caked on. I'd pass this foundation up for my liquid one any day.

I've tried Dream Matte Mousse before, infact it was one of the first foundations i ever had.
It was okay, for the time i had it, but as time went on while using this product, it seemed that it'd made me develop dry skin, paticularly on my nose. I was immediantley put of by this, and decided to go for a liquid foundation rather than a mousse, and i found that this worked for me.
However, many of my friends use it, and i've heard a good trick is to put moisturiser on before hand. Also, it's supposed to blend easier using a sponge or brush.
I might try it again sometime after my Estee Lauder - Double Wear has run out! (It's amazing so far!)
Overall i don't think this was a good choice for me, although it does give good coverage as i have freckles and i like them covered up!
xx

on 11/17/2008 2:03:00 PM

I'm a little on the fence about this product. Whilst I don't think it is a bad product, i definately don't think it's HG material for a foundation. I think overall I'd give it a 3.7 but I'll round it up to 4 for the sake of MUA reviews :)
It costs £6.99 which is pretty pricey considering the amount of mousse that comes in the tub in my opinion. Yes, you will have to dip your fingers in this, but aslong as you wash your hands before use everything should be fine. It can get stuck under your nails but still it's no big deal.
I use the shade 'Sun Bronze' which is second to darkest shade here in the UK. It looks very dark in the pot, as if it wouldn't blend with my olive tan skintone at all, but it does almost perfectly. Matte mousse definately looks darker in the pot than on the skin so be careful! My face is a lot lighter than my body because I use sunscreen, so I like to match my face to my neck. It's lighter than my neck but it's a good match none the less.
Texture-wise, I was expecting it to be a little different. You have to moisturise before putting this on or else you will be sorry - even on my combination (oily t-zone, normal cheeks) skin I need to moisturise or else there will be dry patches and flaking. Anyway, in terms in blendability, it blends ok, but I think it should spread even better than it does due to its mousse texture. I use my fingers to blend first, then go over it with my MAC 187 brush. This ensures a smooth even finish.

A plus note is that it hasn't broken me out - I have had 2 very big pimples on my cheek and upper lip when wearing matte mousse but this is due to me sleeping in my makeup one night (badddddddd). Other than that, it doesn't break out my skin. I don't think the tub lasts all that long in comparison to my MAC foundations, because of the mousse texture...it just lasts less long than liquid. Lasting-power isn't amazing, but this is a DS brand so I wasn't expecting miracles. I use powder ontop of my matte mousse and touch up during the day so I'm not too sure how long the mousse itself lasts for...I'd say up to 4/5 hour, although I'm not certain. It does give the skin a matte finish, which shows the foundation lives up to its promise.

Another down point is that it makes my skin feel ever so slightly dry upon application. I have to spray some fix+ ontop or else I'd feel like my skin was dying from lack of moisture. I'm all for the matte look at times, but I don't want to feel like a tree stranded in the desert.

Overall it's a decent foundation that I would repurchase but certainly would not call my HG.

PROS:
1) Matte formula - lives up to its promise!
2) Good colour selection
3) Mousse formula is quite good

CONS:
1) Ever so slightly pricey
2) Lasting power isn't amazing
3) Must moisturise skin very well before use - not sure this is a good foundation for those with dry skin
4) A little unsanitary for those who aren't good with hand-washing hygiene!

UPDATE:- This foundation gets really patchy/streaky as the day goes on, it just does not last & looks nasty when it goes patchy...knocked off a lippy.

on 11/12/2008 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product. It's always been hard to find a foundation for that special occasion, because they would either be too light for my skin, or too dark. PLUS I have oily skin to boot! The Dark shade "Caramel" is the FIRST shade I've ever had in ANY product that PERFECTLY matched my skin! it was easy to apply. a little goes a long way. I love the fact that I can use my finger as an applicator, and the packaging is co convenient and little. I've actually just carried that in my pocket before. I would buy this product again, and I have. Only thing, be careful of little children getting into it. It's HARD to get out of fabrics. LOL Great Product!!!

on 11/10/2008 10:29:00 AM

This foundation is perfect for use as a concealer, its also great if u have oily or combination skin. IT LASTS FOR AGES. it costs about 5.99 in the UK. And it has the widest range of shades for a drug store foundation, that i have ever seen. A little goes a long way with this stuff, just apply a tiny bit to your skin and use your fingers to apply it. The heat of you hands melts the product into your face. then finnish with a flat top kabucci brush to buff the skin
I dont reccomend this if you have dry skin! it just dries it out even more. IF you have oily/acne prone skin then i reccomemnd this because it actually dried out my skin and reduced breakouts. wierd huh!

on 11/9/2008 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this foundation yesterday, in Belgium. Here we only have 4 different shades, so all of you in the US should be grateful you have so many different shades to choose from! Luckily, I found a shade that suits me pretty well (Cinnamon).

If you want a good application, USE A BRUSH! MAC, L'oreal, whatever. Buy a good foundation brush and don't use your fingers. It gets the product dirty and is unevenly spread on your face! Also, MOSTURIZE or use a primer, because if you don't obviously your skin will be flakey and dry. Most people here dismiss this product right away because they expect it to work perfectly the first time....ehhhh neh. Pratice makes perfect.

I've had it on for a few hours and it's doing fine (I applied it with a small concelear brush from Everyday Minerals) but I'd like to test it when I'm out and about the whole day.

on 11/7/2008 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Love this. Quick and Easy to apply. Smooth finsih, covers easily, especially red spots. Great results with it and I have combo skin,

Only complaints which are minor : Hard to judge color match because its drug store and because of the packaging (big range of beiges) but Ive managed over the years to find an exact match for my skin. Other complaint is when you get near the botton of the package theres little clumps in the formula. Doesnt effect in anyway once it applied though so no biggie.

on 11/5/2008 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I liked this product color on me. Ok listen up darskin girls you may not find your color they only had two dark shades and there are 100 million dark shades. But if you are lucky and one of the two shades match you then your are in business. its nice and a little goes a long way. I would buy this for on the go, You control the coverage deeps on how heavy your hand is. I wish they would have put it in a pump like cover girl true blend, it seems much more sanitary to me. Its light and whipped so it goes on smooth, be careful this could also be a cake face sighting with too much. Not long lasting the oil in my t- zone ate it up, so dont depend on this to take the shine away even though it mattes. This is something I would wear when I need a little something.

on 11/2/2008 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this Product! Actually, Maybelline has the best drug store makeup ever!! I have moved on using other products, I just like knowing what is good, and what is not, so I can recommend it to people. All of Maybelline foundations is excellent!!
Dream Mousse makes your face look smooth and clean, not shiney or streaky, very nice product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. I love that it is a mousse. A little goes a long way. It gives a very airbrushed look which is very nice and feels very light. Its almost exactly my skin tone so thats good, and I use it mostly in the summer because it looks so natural and you dont want to look overdone during the summer. I recommend this product to anyone and I would buy it again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera