Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 12/4/2008 2:12:00 PM

This was too much as a foundation. I couldn't even blend it well because a little bit went a long way. It was cakey and I actually felt it.

on 12/1/2008 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought it because I liked the "matte" concept, but man, it flakes so badly! I've never had a foundation do this to me before! It's particularly bad around the nose and mouth areas. Yeah, I'll admit, the light beige shade matches me perfectly, but I wish they'd redo the formula to suit different skin textures i.e. combination/dry/oily in my case, depending on the weather.

I liked this product enough to have bought it probably 6 times. In fact I used to love it. It's way better than liquid foundation and easy to match my light skin tone. It goes on best with a makeup sponge rather than your fingers. After trying it that many times, I have some disappointments with it though. Cons: *Makes me break out (perhaps I need to replace my makeup sponge more often or bacteria gets into the container) *Once it dries out some it will flake as you put it on, so don't wear black while applying and bend over the sink so the flakies fall in there instead. *The container is heavy if you toss it into your purse.

I really do love the product though because you can put on a light layer or go over it again for better coverage. Didn't feel mask-like to me. If I could make sure I wouldn't break out again, I would give it a 5 rating.

I have just tried this foundation and it's terrible. I feel like I'm wearing a mask, it's very heavy, cakey, and sits in the fine lines around my eyes. I kind of feel like I'm wearing a foundation version of a clay mask. The closest colour to my skin (classic ivory) is too dark ( I wear moisturiser and sunscreen every day) and I have fair skin with freckles. It's got that dry, mask feel. I really have to go and wash it off now, which is a shame because I just bought it as a go between while I find a better foundation,and I was hoping it would be okay, but it isn't. I was wearing Revlon's Skinlights before (but ran out - discontinued) which is lovely, sheer and luminous. I thought I'd give this a try because I have been surprised before, but it's awful. Cons - Mask

on 11/30/2008 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I can't remember when I used this but it was a while ago. From what I remember it was okay, I guess. It gave me good coverage.

on 11/24/2008 2:11:00 PM

I absolutely love this product, its so easy to find your perfect skin match as their are loads. it gives your a flawless matte finish- but if you want dewy skin its not the product for you. Very easy to apply with fingers and doesn't clog up pores. It also covers up spots quite well. However the only bad point is that you need to moisturise well as it can sometimes empasise the flakyness of your skin if you have a dry patch.

But overall a great product, would definitly recomend!
x

on 11/19/2008 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The dream mousse tends to make my skin a bit to red and orange and dry my cheeks out as if I never applied any moisturizer on my face! It does make my skin smooth, but it always feels too caked on. I'd pass this foundation up for my liquid one any day.

I've tried Dream Matte Mousse before, infact it was one of the first foundations i ever had.
It was okay, for the time i had it, but as time went on while using this product, it seemed that it'd made me develop dry skin, paticularly on my nose. I was immediantley put of by this, and decided to go for a liquid foundation rather than a mousse, and i found that this worked for me.
However, many of my friends use it, and i've heard a good trick is to put moisturiser on before hand. Also, it's supposed to blend easier using a sponge or brush.
I might try it again sometime after my Estee Lauder - Double Wear has run out! (It's amazing so far!)
Overall i don't think this was a good choice for me, although it does give good coverage as i have freckles and i like them covered up!
xx

on 11/17/2008 2:03:00 PM

I'm a little on the fence about this product. Whilst I don't think it is a bad product, i definately don't think it's HG material for a foundation. I think overall I'd give it a 3.7 but I'll round it up to 4 for the sake of MUA reviews :)
It costs £6.99 which is pretty pricey considering the amount of mousse that comes in the tub in my opinion. Yes, you will have to dip your fingers in this, but aslong as you wash your hands before use everything should be fine. It can get stuck under your nails but still it's no big deal.
I use the shade 'Sun Bronze' which is second to darkest shade here in the UK. It looks very dark in the pot, as if it wouldn't blend with my olive tan skintone at all, but it does almost perfectly. Matte mousse definately looks darker in the pot than on the skin so be careful! My face is a lot lighter than my body because I use sunscreen, so I like to match my face to my neck. It's lighter than my neck but it's a good match none the less.
Texture-wise, I was expecting it to be a little different. You have to moisturise before putting this on or else you will be sorry - even on my combination (oily t-zone, normal cheeks) skin I need to moisturise or else there will be dry patches and flaking. Anyway, in terms in blendability, it blends ok, but I think it should spread even better than it does due to its mousse texture. I use my fingers to blend first, then go over it with my MAC 187 brush. This ensures a smooth even finish.

A plus note is that it hasn't broken me out - I have had 2 very big pimples on my cheek and upper lip when wearing matte mousse but this is due to me sleeping in my makeup one night (badddddddd). Other than that, it doesn't break out my skin. I don't think the tub lasts all that long in comparison to my MAC foundations, because of the mousse texture...it just lasts less long than liquid. Lasting-power isn't amazing, but this is a DS brand so I wasn't expecting miracles. I use powder ontop of my matte mousse and touch up during the day so I'm not too sure how long the mousse itself lasts for...I'd say up to 4/5 hour, although I'm not certain. It does give the skin a matte finish, which shows the foundation lives up to its promise.

Another down point is that it makes my skin feel ever so slightly dry upon application. I have to spray some fix+ ontop or else I'd feel like my skin was dying from lack of moisture. I'm all for the matte look at times, but I don't want to feel like a tree stranded in the desert.

Overall it's a decent foundation that I would repurchase but certainly would not call my HG.

PROS:
1) Matte formula - lives up to its promise!
2) Good colour selection
3) Mousse formula is quite good

CONS:
1) Ever so slightly pricey
2) Lasting power isn't amazing
3) Must moisturise skin very well before use - not sure this is a good foundation for those with dry skin
4) A little unsanitary for those who aren't good with hand-washing hygiene!

UPDATE:- This foundation gets really patchy/streaky as the day goes on, it just does not last & looks nasty when it goes patchy...knocked off a lippy.

on 11/12/2008 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product. It's always been hard to find a foundation for that special occasion, because they would either be too light for my skin, or too dark. PLUS I have oily skin to boot! The Dark shade "Caramel" is the FIRST shade I've ever had in ANY product that PERFECTLY matched my skin! it was easy to apply. a little goes a long way. I love the fact that I can use my finger as an applicator, and the packaging is co convenient and little. I've actually just carried that in my pocket before. I would buy this product again, and I have. Only thing, be careful of little children getting into it. It's HARD to get out of fabrics. LOL Great Product!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera