April 25, 2014 | 1215 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by triciazohn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Those who love this product seem to REALLY love it. It has a very loyal following. I am not one of those women. Messy, messy. Uncomfortable feeling of having powder on my face. Not happy with the color selection. But what really did it for me - my makeup from other really good lines didn't seem to work well using this as a foundation. If I used "warmth" or another BE face color, fine. But if I used Nars, MAC, Stila or Smashbox for bronzer, blush, powder or anything else, my face looked dirty and disconnected. Ick. I just can't commit to only one line. I get the sense that many BE gals are very loyal to the entire line (based on the BE blogs). Anyway - not for me. I will continue my hunt for the perfect foundation. I returned this.
Me - 44, auburn/hazel, fair/medium C3

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by gabriellai

I bought this product to have as part of my kit. I tried it myself a few times just to practice with it and obtain the needed 'hand' for control issues. I must admit that I hate it. I will keep using what I normally use (FTR, Dior Icone in transparent, just works really well for me), and use this only on people that really have skin issues, since that was what this was supposedly developed for. I don't like the coverage, or the way it settles into lines, and it will settle into lines when you have more mature skin--this is a powder, I don't care what the propaganda for it states.

I happened to be working in a Sephora one day, and a Sephora makeup artist and I were discussing the product, and she was amazed at how it just flew off of the shelves because of clever marketing. And she agreed that it really didn't work for more mature skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 8:14:00 AM More reviews by ebcampbell

I love Bare Escentuals. I went for the longest time avoiding it because of all the hype. I then walked into Sephora and had my face done up and went out and about my business.
By the end of the day the makeup was intact and my acne prone skin felt smooth and calm.
I purchased it the very next day and have used it for 3 months now. I can't imagine going back to anything else now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by razzle67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to love this product as well, but with my naturally oily skin I have found to my horror that after three months of use that I have these bumps all over my face. Although I have oily skin still at 36 years old, I only had maybe two breakouts around the time of my period. I had used Mary Kay for about 15 years and never had any skin issues while using it (should have stuck with it) I tried Bare Minerals to use something other than the liquid foundation and that it was supposed to be so good for your skin.

The bumps are small almost like the pore is clogged, really weird. Has anyone else had this problem with the Bare Minerals? I have changed facial cleansers however I noticed at first the bumps were coming up around my jaw area, however I blamed that on putting my hands on my face at work.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by tckellogg

I have been using Bare Minerals for two months now. I wanted to love this product but alas I simply cannot get the coverage I need. And I have worked and worked with it. I like the coverage at home , it is natural although to shiny. But the harsh lighting at work makes it appear that I am not wearing any makeup.
On the plus side my skin does seem to be healthier since using it. So on my days off I plan on not using liquid foundation and just using mineral foundation. Although I may try another brand which is why I put I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by meeyaozers

Honestly, Bare Minerals is overpriced and doesn't work as well as it should. Using their techniques of layering and all that would take me forever to do correctly, and I'd rather use something that I can apply quickly and get on with my day. There are many products of the same quality out there with much better pricing. The packaging is nice, but this matters very little to me if the product itself isn't very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 7:20:00 PM More reviews by superxcindy

I absolutely LOVE the quality of this make up. I also love the coverage that it gives me and the Kit is just great, and it's a great price.
HOWEVER, I do hate the packaging. Sure, it looks nice. But the loose powder gets VERY messy. I once spilled some powder on my jeans, and I had to change again before going out. Very annoying. i wish they made it in a different way so that the powder iwll not spill all over the place, or just drop everywerhe everytime I close the lid.

Otherwise, it's good makeup. =)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by maybaby523

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The coverage was pretty decent on this stuff, but I can't handle the messiness. I usually put my make up on in the car during the week (not while driving) and the whole "tap tap tap" business makes powder go EVERYWHERE. The only way I would buy this again is if they put it in the self-despensing brush format.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by dawnyrose

Just want to add that I used BE products for 3 years before I found out that the products contain bismuth oxychloride, which is a known carcinogen. I'm very disappointed that BE would knowingly put this ingredient into their makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by stasy45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like BE. I bought the starter kit on December, used for about a month and gave up.
It is just not mine!!!