July 28, 2014 | 2279 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

What i liked: it gives my skin an even complexion. it looks fresh and smooth, (and first).

But i found more cons to this foundation. First of all, it was too "glowing." i know that is gives a glow, but it was almost metallic and left a whitish cast on my skin. Second, it left my face shiny and oily. even after i put on powder, the shine would come back within an hour. Also, i used the concealer brush and applyied it near my eyes, and it looked very cakey. It didnt cover up blemeishes or redness enough, too. Also, BE has the worst color selection. Im too dark for Medium, but too light for Tan. And i am not going to waste my time and money by mixing two shades together. Also, the packaging is a mess. Powder was all over the place.

So basically, at first it seemed like a cool foundation that left my skin almost flawless looking, but after some time, i realized this isnt the foundation that suits my needs. I rather have a matte, full coverage foundation that doesnt make my face look shiny and cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 6:16:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its the only makeup that doesn't make me break-out and stays fresh, looks natural all day.

Other brands: I've tried all the expensive makeup brands and I'd always break out and the would look terrible, worn-out and tired by the end of a long day at school & work. When I would take pictures, my face wouldn't match the color of my body, it would be too dark or light or yellow. Terrible. Other brands would "rub off" on my hands causing yellow stains on my clothes and papers. So I gave up foundation makeup for 2-3 years. Until I tried BE a few months ago and loved it. It looks fresh and clean ALL day, and the best part is you only need a little bit. Use too much and you'll get that "Cakey" look but that happens for any foundation.

I gave it a 4 to leave room for improvement.

Coverage: Its true, it doesn't provide Tons of coverage to cover acne or blemish marks, but thats what the Concealor powder is for. Works really great (you need to buy that seperately from the kit, $18 but its worth it!!). BE works best for that really light, almost "not wearing makeup-natural look". IF you want that "I'm wearing make up look kind of coverage" this is Not the product for you, maybe "Everyday minerals" will be a better option they have a stronger coverage - they also have free samples so it wont hurt to try it.

Color: Since there are only 3 different kits, it might not blend well with everyone's skin tone. Definetely go to a store and have someone color match you first before shelling out $70 for the kit.

Price: $70 might seem like alot, but you get alot in the kit, and it'll last you a loong time so its a good investment

enjoy beautiful skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by selleng

I have been using their foundation for years until I found there are other MMUs on the market through MUA -- thank you, btw. BE does not provide the coverage I need for post breakout redness and slight melasma. Of course, I have a girlfriend with perfect skin (don't you hate those ;) who absolutely raves about this product so I guess it works if you have her skin. Judging by how busy their atlanta store is and the 1000 reviews, there are many flawless faces out there. But for this 34 girl who is still breaking out, the shimmery look accentuates any tiny bump. I don't like the cakiness of the mineral veil, either, so the lack of BE's staying power is annoying. Catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror at lunchtime to find I look just like I did before applying. Only pros - first foundation that didn't cause breakouts, love the concealer brush. Bottom line: I am forever done with BE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

The first one I got was a gift. When I started running low, I went out to buy this again. I live in Vancouver, BC and it's not available here, so i have to drive out to Seattle to get this. This stuff works very well for me! It actually *melts* into my skin giving me a flawless NATURAL looking complexion. I have dry/normal skin...doesn't seem to bother or irritate me at all. I'm a MAC NC20-25 and I chose "light". Yes this stuff can be messy, but it is a loose powder afterall. The price isn't thaaaat outrageous ($25USD for a 9g jar). I mean compared to other mineral - talc free products (or even high end regular powders) I have seen. I would say it's reasonable. Thumbs up for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 2:08:00 PM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I didn't like BE...Someone that worked at a BE Store that I went to one day applied it on me and it looked cakey and didn't match my skintone (I'm Fair, I think she put Fairly Light on me which is too yellow)...but then I had my friend that works at Ulta apply it on me and it looked great! It gives me personally enough coverage and my bf couldn't even tell that I had makeup on which is exactly what I want lol. It's all in the application and finding the right color for you. Oh, and for everyone that says their skin is too oily and/or they have to re-apply a lot then use Prime Time by BE! It works well!

Update: I decided to finally buy my own BM foundation...I was disappointed that I couldn't get the starter kit because I have very fair skin...well they lied when they said it doesn't make you break out! Grr...I think the coverage is ok and overall I still like it. It makes my skin look flawless!

Update 2: I've pretty much figured out that I am breaking out after I use BM because I use ProActiv, which brings out pimples to clear the skin, and while I haven't used other cleaners that aren't for acne after using BM, I haven't really broken out...but it still pisses me off that Bare Minerals claims not to clog pores, because it does!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2007 3:07:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaJayne

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I HATE THIS PRODUCT!! SO much for "natural minerals" that are safe enough for you to sleep in!! First of all, this product takes soooo long to put on, it doesn't even give good coverage, it makes my pores look huge, it's MESSY, and makes me break out!! It's so expensive and just a hassle to apply. Did I mention how ITCHY this product made my skin?? I had a friend who had beautiful, immaculate skin.. She tried this product too. I've never seen her with one pimple for as long as I've known her. When she started using this product, she broke out ALL OVER! I felt so bad for her. OMG! This product is a RIP OFF!! It's not even funny! But I'm laughing as I write this review! HAHAH! OVERALL.... I would NEVER buy this product ever again and recommend others to save your money, because I sure wasted mine! Ughhh.. Absolutely HATE it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2007 12:17:00 AM More reviews by DeltaGal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So much hype about this line lured me into buying it. UGH I HATE IT. I even watched the accompanying dvd because I thought I might be doing something wrong. Forget it - it's not me. This stuff is just awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by JuJeeMD

There is not one thing I like about this product. First of all, it is a mess to use...you will have an orange dusting over your entire bathroom. I never use the lightest shades, and I had to with this...and it still looked very orangey on me. It was not enough coverage for my acne-prone skin, and it wore off in a matter of a couple hours. It dried me out, and it made my face itch terribly. I'm not sure if this just doesn't work with my skin type or what. Maybe this is just another product for people with flawless skin...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2007 11:01:00 AM More reviews by bellabellabella

I know people really love this product line, I for one HATE IT! The foundation looks like it has been caked on, has no staying power what so ever...just doesnt work with my skin. Would never repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by molly111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've used BE for about 18 months. i thought it was pretty ok until i tried Everyday Minerals (for cost of shipping - $4 - they'll send you good sized samples-3 foundations, a blush and a concealer). it really caused me to look close at BE - it just doesn't last on my oily/combo skin, by mid-day it looks like its only on my cheeks and the color changes!! i walked around like that for a YEAR!? ack! sorry BE, you lost me. plus, EM doesn't have bismuth in it - the ingredient said to cause many BE users to itch. i also have to comment (as other reviewers have) that for all the advertising BE does, they should save the $ and cut their prices/develop a better product - you get the same amount of EM (a superior and ALL NATURAL product) for half what BE charges. bottom line: there are far better MMUs out there for waay less of your hard earned cashola. (and no, i do not work for EM. i am just tired of wasting $ on junk.)