October 24, 2014 | 916 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by katield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very meh. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. It does what any foundation is supposed to do and doesn't do it particularly well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rpgoodwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bare Minerals was a failed experiment for me. I have oily skin with large pores and it just looked bad on me - by the time I put on enough to cover flaws and redness I looked all powdery. It didn't last well and quick retouches are impossible. It was such a huge, messy, time-consuming ordeal to put on and WAY expensive once I bought the powder, concealer, mineral veil, brushes, etc. etc.
Most damning of all, though - it gave me terrible cystic acne. I mean the big painful red mounds that last for months and have to be lanced and extracted by a dermatologist. All the bare minerals products do this, even the Primer. Boo Hiss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not usually a fan of powder foundations, but I really like using Bare Minerals. I like that you can build the coverage to make it as sheer or as heavy as you need, all without it ever feeling cakey or heavy. The color selection isn't all that great and they tend to leave me a little on the orange side, but I find that if I mix the foundation with Mineral Veil, then it sheers it out and makes it more neutral.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2007 5:42:00 AM More reviews by meepo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this a few times at most, and then I had to stop because I began breaking out ALLLL over my face and it became extremely and painfully itchy, red, and irritated. This has NEVER happened to me before. I finally couldn't stand it and walked into a beauty store in search of a remedy, and as soon as the SA saw me, she immediately told me that my skin looks irritated and suggested that I stop using whatever I'm using. After I stopped, my skin looks a whole lot better again. That was an experience in my skin's history that is painful just to think about, and I definitely do not want to put myself through it again by using this.

Also it doesn't look that natural, it makes my skin look old, if that makes sense at all. It's messy as heck too!

EDIT: I've discovered that a significant cause of the irritation may have been from prickliness of the Flawless Face brush (<--terrible, TERRIBLE brush!!). I have been trying out different brushes, like the Coastal Scents buffer brush which is a lot softer and gives better application, and I am having much more luck with mineral makeup in general.. However I'm still unsure about whether I will repurchase this, as I have bad memories..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I never, ever wear foundation, but my Halloween costume (ca 1940s film noir-style femme fatale) demads that I bring the sexy-glam-old school face, so I thought I'd spring for some spackle. Since I fear foundation, I opted for the Bare Minerals because I used to use Mineral Veil as a mattifying powder in the summers and knew that it 1) wouldn't cause breakouts or rashes and 2) wouldn't feel horrible. I obsessed in Ulta for about 1/2 hour, between light and fairly light, using (gads, I know) the back of my hand. But I checked in the store light and I checked in the sunlight and . . . I couldn't see the light - it blended very well. So I bought it. Now, perhaps it is because I never wear foundation and am, therefore, unused to seeing my face all one color (I have rosey cheeks, which this obliterates) but this stuff makes me look weird. I feel that it makes me too sallow -- which would seem to indicate that I chose the incorrect shade. But at the same time, it totally blends in. So I don't know if there are some really sneakily raging yellow tones in this, or if my skin is just appallingly sallow when presented in a uniform shade, without being broken up by my natural cheek color. I did apply blush, which helped of course, but still didn't quite . . . work. Also, it does settle into my forehead creases and I feel it makes the pores between my eyebrows look unsettlingly large. Other than that, the finish is kind of nice, in that it is not freakishly matte, and yet this, too, I find to be a bit "off" -- because it isn't exactly dewey or fresh, either. All in all, it strikes me as ironically unnatural in both tone and finish. And while it does not give me the customary feeling of "my face is suffocating!!!" that I have experienced with past foundation attempts, it does make my face feel (again) weird, if I happen to touch it. I'm not super impressed, I wouldn't buy it again -- but then I don't think I'll buy any non-Halloween foundation again and will, instead, stik to my regularly scheduled routine of fresh face with a touch of blush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I agree with others-I don't think this works at all for those with fair skin. It always looks like a miracle product when you see the commercial, but it's just SO obvious when I have it on my skin. It's very overpriced, in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 10:23:00 PM More reviews by sarbabe3

I'm not a fan of this product. It was put on me a few weeks ago by a Sephora salesperson. It looked ok but it didn't look very natural on me. Because my friend that was with me said it looked great, I purchased it. I have VERY pale skin and even the lightest color looks to dark to me. It does not create miracles and does not cover my dark circles. Probably won't use OR purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by aditswimbug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try out a light foundation, one that would look natural and not clog more pores. Browsing the internet, I found tons of hype for Bare Minerals. Up to that point, I hadn't even heard of mineral makeup! I took a risk and ordered the starter kit off of Sephora. I watched the video and then proceeded to Swirl, Tap, and Buff my way to perfect skin. The first few times didn't turn out all that great. This is a makeup entirely different from any other, and requires different application techniques. Rule #1: Use only a tiny amount of product. Coverage is very buildable, so you can apply more as needed. Rule #2: Start slowly. I started by using the flawless application brush, and worked my way up to the kabuki once I had mastered the process. I love the full coverage look, now that I know how to handle it. Rule #3: When using the concealer brush, swirl and tap, and then dab it on blemishes before blending.
All in all, I absolutely adore this amazing foundation, warmth, and mineral viel. My face feels so soft and looks perfect. I haven't broken out, and even though I have semi-dry skin, with plenty of moisturizer this stuff doesn't flake. If you haven't tried it already, get down to Sephora and have them put it on you! It's free, what have you got to lose? I don't look like I'm wearing any makeup, and it covers my acne practically flawlessly. I do hate the packaging, as it always comes out of the sifter when travelling, but even that inconvience wasn't enough for me to take off a lippie! I love this stuff and can see myself repurchasing for the rest of my life!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lizbathory88

The products are first off technically not a powder, powder requires talc. It bare minerals and pure pigment smashed together. It gives great coverage but it's obvious who wears it due to the mica that cause pores to look large. I recommend that everyone interested to go to your local Sephora, Ulta or BE store and try it. You may find it works great for you or you may hate it! Those who love it are crazed about it. For me, I'm like this is nice, but I'd rather take the time to get my complexion to look how I want...not generic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:06:00 AM More reviews by decemberstarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation did not provide me enough coverage. I really had to keep applying with the handy kabuki brush. It also looked fake and gave my face this strange ashen tone. It did give a nice glow. The colors medium tan and tan were not golden enough for my golden skin tone. I don't think my skin improved and all from using this foundation. Actually, the condition of my skin worsened. These days I prefer creme foundations, the polar opposite of a foundation like this.