Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/24/2007 9:35:00 AM

I began using Bare Minerals last month and I love it! My shade is "Light" and it matches perfect. I have combination skin with acne scars and blemishes, and the coverage is great. When I first began using Bare Minerals, I was a little disappointed because I wasn't able to cover my scars and blemishes. I was using the full coverage kabuki brush. I'm not sure if the brush is just too stiff, but it wasn't working for me. I switched to the flawless application brush and the concealer brush (came in the kit), and now I have full coverage. I do NOT use the bareVitamins before applying the foundation. I was told by a Sephora consultant that it has a tendency to cause breakouts. My face hasn't broke out in quite awhile, so I don't want to risk it.

on 10/23/2007 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OK, this product, at first, was good. I really liked it. Good coverage, without the feel of too much makeup on. I thought it was the greatest. Somehow, after a few months of using it I developed an itch right under both my eyes. Then the itch turned into dry patches, flaking, red bumps. I didn't realize it was the makeup. I stopped using all my creams, but it was still there.

After a few visits to the dermatologist I realized that I would flare up on Sundays, and I mostly wore Bare Minerals on Saturday nights. Long story short, there's an ingredient in there that's bad for your skin! I did lots of research. Googled "Bare Minerals Allergic Reaction" and found so much information! Women that were going through the same thing. I stopped using it and it was a slow healing, but it didn't flare up again. After 3 months the redness and swelling was gone. I am now in search of any other mineral makeup that does not contain Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 10/23/2007 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I must admit- seeing this product advertised i got more than a little excited! Suffering from mild acne and having sensitive skin, this stuff seemed too good to be true....and for me unfortunately, it was. I so wanted to like this product as everybody raves about it but no matter how i used it, it just didn't work for me. The colour matches were very good i must admit. I find it hard to find a fair foundation with a strong yellow tone, but i had no problems with Bare Minerals- the colour was spot on. Having first put it on- in the way they recommended, by 'buffing' it onto my face with the brush, i found that my acne and scars didn't get covered much at all and the powder had a very glowy, shimmery look, which enhanced my bad skin. Throughout the day my oily skin began to break through and my shimmery face just looked sweaty! Not too attractive! Needless to say after a while i got fed up and gave it away to my mother and she having much clearer and less oily skin loved it and i must admit it gave her a lovely glow. So all in all a good product for people with good skin. Unfortunately that's not me!

on 10/23/2007 3:05:00 AM

I tried a sample kit. All I know is I kept inhaling the stuff instead of getting it on my face. But once I figured it out, I broke out worse than I ever have in my life just from these minerals. I did not like it at all! Plus the colors are so-so, I really like shimmers and glitters (so a basic kit won't work for me) but I did seem to like the mineral veil, not sure why. Can't use it if I don't use other minerals, though.

on 10/22/2007 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I left a review on the Bare Minerals #2, but feel that I need to leave it here so that others looking for an honest review can find it, no matter what their skin tone is.

After using Bare Minerals products for over 4 years with no complaints, I am sad to say that I will never use it again. My flawless skin has been mysteriously breaking out for the past 5 months. At first, I thought it was an allergy or some kind of detox, but then I noticed that every time I would wear Bare Minerals, I would break out the next day. The breakouts slowly developed into cystic acne on my cheeks and chin.

I stopped using Bare Minerals last month and the acne went away, completely. Then I decided to put it on yesterday to test it again. BIG MISTAKE. I washed my face before bed as usual and I woke up this morning with the worst skin - acne on my cheeks, forehead and chin. I'm using tea tree oil, a special acid cleanser and three topical creams to get my skin back to it's original state.

Bare Minerals will destroy your skin. :(

on 10/22/2007 7:58:00 AM

I made my skin break out....I stopped using it and my skin is normal and I used it again to make sure that it is not causing my breakouts...but well my skin break out again....I think this is not for me

on 10/22/2007 3:58:00 AM

I did like Bare Escentuals very much. It did not turn oily on my face at all, and was amazingly natural looking. I didn't need to use much for sher coverage and just made my face look healthy and glowing. I do have combination skin and my T-zone is very oily. I have used mineral makeup before without much success because it turns streaky and thick on my face (most unbecoming!) but Bare Escentuals actually worked. Worth a try, but the price tag is high.

on 10/21/2007 11:23:00 PM

This product works, not bad at all...it's just really messy and inconvenient to use...not good enough for me to tolerate the mess.

on 10/21/2007 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am lucky to have pretty clear asian american skin and well Ive only ever used tinted moisturizer and maybe powder every now and again, but as I get older my skin doesnt always look so even, so I bought the medium beige kit. I love it.I dont like the feeling of cream foundations, so I like that it is a light powder foundation that evens out my skin tone. I actually dont use the all of the powders, mainly i use the warmth which I love love love and the mineral veil as a finish. I dont really care for the skin prep I feel like it stings and is maybe to harsh for my face. I will definately repurchase the warmth and mineral veil.

on 10/21/2007 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product!! Bare Minerals is light yet makes my skin look flawless! I don't even feel like I am wearing makeup. Before this I used tinted moisturizers and some foundations but found them to be too heavy and severe. Bare Minerals is a staple in my makeup bag I don't know what I would do without it!