Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/22/2007 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I left a review on the Bare Minerals #2, but feel that I need to leave it here so that others looking for an honest review can find it, no matter what their skin tone is.

After using Bare Minerals products for over 4 years with no complaints, I am sad to say that I will never use it again. My flawless skin has been mysteriously breaking out for the past 5 months. At first, I thought it was an allergy or some kind of detox, but then I noticed that every time I would wear Bare Minerals, I would break out the next day. The breakouts slowly developed into cystic acne on my cheeks and chin.

I stopped using Bare Minerals last month and the acne went away, completely. Then I decided to put it on yesterday to test it again. BIG MISTAKE. I washed my face before bed as usual and I woke up this morning with the worst skin - acne on my cheeks, forehead and chin. I'm using tea tree oil, a special acid cleanser and three topical creams to get my skin back to it's original state.

Bare Minerals will destroy your skin. :(

on 10/22/2007 7:58:00 AM

I made my skin break out....I stopped using it and my skin is normal and I used it again to make sure that it is not causing my breakouts...but well my skin break out again....I think this is not for me

on 10/22/2007 3:58:00 AM

I did like Bare Escentuals very much. It did not turn oily on my face at all, and was amazingly natural looking. I didn't need to use much for sher coverage and just made my face look healthy and glowing. I do have combination skin and my T-zone is very oily. I have used mineral makeup before without much success because it turns streaky and thick on my face (most unbecoming!) but Bare Escentuals actually worked. Worth a try, but the price tag is high.

on 10/21/2007 11:23:00 PM

This product works, not bad at all...it's just really messy and inconvenient to use...not good enough for me to tolerate the mess.

on 10/21/2007 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am lucky to have pretty clear asian american skin and well Ive only ever used tinted moisturizer and maybe powder every now and again, but as I get older my skin doesnt always look so even, so I bought the medium beige kit. I love it.I dont like the feeling of cream foundations, so I like that it is a light powder foundation that evens out my skin tone. I actually dont use the all of the powders, mainly i use the warmth which I love love love and the mineral veil as a finish. I dont really care for the skin prep I feel like it stings and is maybe to harsh for my face. I will definately repurchase the warmth and mineral veil.

on 10/21/2007 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product!! Bare Minerals is light yet makes my skin look flawless! I don't even feel like I am wearing makeup. Before this I used tinted moisturizers and some foundations but found them to be too heavy and severe. Bare Minerals is a staple in my makeup bag I don't know what I would do without it!

on 10/21/2007 9:09:00 PM

I bought the kit that contains the Mineral Veil, Warmth powder, Light, and Fairly Light foundations, along with three brushes and a DVD.

I used to use cream concealer with a tinted moisturizer on my face and did not like the powder foundations I have sampled in the past (philosophy and Neutrogena - both too orangey and sparkley for my skin).

I love the Bare Minerals foundations and Mineral Veil. It feels very light and takes less time for me to apply than my old routine did. I use the concealer brush with the foundation and have had good luck covering up my serious undereye circles. I've also found the concealer brush with foundation is effective at covering red marks left by acne. I'm surprised by how little makeup it takes to make my skin look polished and minimize the flaws. For reference, I am 30 with combination skin and the occasional breakout.

The kits was not cheap, but the products all seem to be lasting a long time.

on 10/21/2007 8:48:00 PM

Whenever I feel like wearing a powder foundation I always opt for BE. I like that it looks natural, and I feel as though my skin can breathe. My skin can be sensitive to certain ingredients, so I do like the fact that it is made from minerals, and i've never broken out because of it.

on 10/21/2007 7:44:00 PM

i've been using BM for about a year now. some days its alright and some days it looks awesome. when my skin is dry it is very powdery. i thnk its all in the application. you gotta practice with it. i used to hate it, but now, i love it.

on 10/21/2007 9:49:00 AM

Everytime I see this demonstrated on QVC I want to buy it, they make it look and sound so great. In reality however I find it the exact opposite. I purchased this in Medium Beige and it felt like an inferior product when compared to Philosophy Airbrushed Canvas. They made me look really shiny and toward the end of the day it went all patchy and looked terrible. I feel there are so many other MMU out there and BE is overpriced and overhyped. They need to step up their game and bring out a better quality product to compete with the rest of the MMU as it is becoming an increasingly popular makeup.