Dior Diorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 9/20/2007 9:00:00 AM

I bought this mascara because it is always ranked among the top mascaras--I was totally disappointed. I thought it made my lashes look good, although I prefer a mascara to lengthen and curl, whereas this mascara really only made my lashes look thicker (and I already have pretty thick lashes). My major problem, however, is that this mascara smudges and flakes like crazy. By the end of the day half the mascara is under my eyes. Perhaps I should have bought waterproof, but generally I do not like waterproof b/c it never comes off (when you want it to). Additionally, the mascara was clumpy and dried out quickly. I really don't understand why this mascara always gets rave reviews. Anyway, I definitely prefer Fresh mascara and will go back to that.

on 9/20/2007 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I Love This Mascara!!! I already have long lashes so DiorShow just really helped enhance them more without having to use an eyelash curler!!!

on 9/17/2007 2:12:00 PM

I was told by many to try this mascara. I have nice lashes but still wanted to accentuate them. I tried this mascar and was not impressed. The formula was too thick making it not easy to spread onto my lashes and bc of it's thickness the mascara did not last. It dried out on me in a couple of weeks!!! I think I'm gonna stick to my definicils!!!

on 9/17/2007 8:50:00 AM

i do like this product.. but for all the hype and the price i expected better things from it. it does lengthen and thicken my lashes, but so do my shu uemura xtension mascara and even my maybelline xxl volume + length.

on 9/16/2007 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ehhh...This mascara is so-so. I purchased a tube of it the other day. I should've read the reviews here before I even bought it. There's days where my lashes look long & thick, then there's those days where they look clumpy and flat. I'm not really a big fan of big brushes b/c they tend to touch my skin and end up messing my MU. Hey, does anyone know of a good mascara that holds curl and adds volume to thin lashes? PLMK. I've been searching for a while now.

on 9/16/2007 6:10:00 PM

Not all that - it is not waterproof at all. It gave me quite a scare at my wedding.
However I do feel sexy when I do two coats !

on 9/16/2007 4:17:00 PM

For the price and hype I expected this product to at least be ok. I was wrong, it clumps and flakes off. It's really hard to apply since it doesn't provide any kind of seraption of the lashes. Also my tube started smelling bad within a week :(

on 9/15/2007 6:56:00 PM

I finally swapped for this mascara that has been talked about so much, and I must say....I don't get the hype! Maybe it's the name of Christian Dior, but to me this mascara did not excite me as I hoped it would. I have very thin and sparse eyelashes, perhaps my Asian hereditary is to blame, but either way I have used less exepensive and better mascaras. First, I like the fact that it does not clump, and that the scent it has **someone said Rose water?** is pleasing to my nose, but that's about it. I had to literally put on 4-5 coats to make my top lashes defined, too much work. They didn't look dramatically different, but the bottom lashes were easy to define w/ this mascara...unlike Shiseido's The Makeup Lasting Curl. It didn't flake or smudge, but I like thicker, longer lashes, and this doesn't do it for me. I'm glad I swapped for it rather than shell out the $20+ for it..for the time being I'll stick w/ my EL Maganscopic mascara or my Bourjois Volume Pumping mascara instead :)

on 9/15/2007 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I will admit that I am cheap when it comes to mascara. I have wimpy Asian eyelashes that need all the thickening and lengthening they can get, but I wasn't ready to shell out $23 for a mascara that I wasn't sure would work. So when Sephora was giving out a deluxe sample of Diorshow, I jumped on the opportunity. I have to say that I am very pleased. My lashes are sparse, but there was NO clumping whatsoever. My lashes were separated and lengthened, although they did not keep a curl as well as I would've liked. I love the smell of rosewater too, so that's a plus for me. This and MF 2000 calorie are my favorite mascaras, and I'd definitely consider purchasing the full size.

UPDATE 09/18 - I have been using this for the past four days and every day an eye or both eyes water uncontrollably. I think something in this mascara is to blame, because when I was using my MF prior to getting this I didn't have this problem. It could also be weather-related but I doubt it since it's not allergy season. Oh well, I guess I won't be shelling out $23 for watery eyes anytime soon! continued >>

on 9/15/2007 1:46:00 AM

I was really surprised when I purchased this product. I had heard so many great things about it. I bought it at the Sephora boutique in our mall. When I opened it up for the first use it seemed to already be clumping in the tube. It didn't go on easily and definitely didn't lengthen my lashes. Will stick with my Girlactik mascara.

Video Reviews & Tutorials