July 22, 2014 | 2119 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by havenexpress

Every magazine and online boards raved about this product and I fell for it. I bought the waterproof version and it smudged like crazy in less than two hours. By the time I get to the office and get a little teary from yawning because I haven't had my coffee yet, I have raccoon eyes. The big brush is nice, because that's exactly how you'll get to coat all lashes. I'm totally fine with spending big bucks for products that work, but over twenty bucks for a big brush and smearing? Absolutely not.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2007 10:14:00 AM More reviews by irishprincess24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very long eyelashes, but they are rather straight, so it's hard for me to find a mascara that makes my lashes look good. DiorShow is, I think, the best I'll ever be able to find. I've given up on my dreams of thick, perfectly curled, full lashes because I just don't think it's possible anymore. DiorShow makes them pretty thick, and they stand out. My makeup completely changes when I add the mascara. Even when I use a curler, though, they won't stay curled. I'd buy this product again, but only if I have a lot of extra money that month because it's rather pricy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by GreenQueen47

Wow! This mascara is amazing. Definately HG for me. It took me about a week or so to get used to the huge brush, but I find it coats my lashes better than the smaller brushes I've used. I have short, thin lashes and this adds volume, length and even curls. This mascara is really buildable to me. During the day, 1-2 coats is all I need. At night, I can use 3-4 coats and makes my eyes look really dramatic.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by pharmie

I have used this mascara for over a year and absolutely loved this stuff until I have encountered a major problem. I have become very allergic to it. You can read plenty of the reviews about how great this mascara is but I just want to say that if you have very sensitive eyes and wear contacts all day every day like I do, this may not be a mascara for you. Sure it does magic for your lashes but after about a month of regular usage, it starts flaking terribly and then the little mascara flakes get underneath your contacts and irritate your eyes severely. So if you are like me - looking for a great volumizing mascara but have sensitive eyes, this may not be mascara for you.
I gave this 3 lippies because I absolutely love and adore the look this mascara gives you, however, spending 23 bucks every month and a half on a mascara for a starving student is ridiculous. Also, you can become allergic to it like I have.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

I love Christian Dior cosmetics and was very disappointed by this mascara, especially will all of the hype. Its great for volume, but does nothing for length and it flakes! I have tried the dior unlimitted and like that one much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ho-ly Crap. Let me first start by saying how pathetic my lashes are. They have a decent length, but they are so sparse and light that no matter how much mascara I put on them, they still do not stand out very much. I've poked my eye out trying to tight line, I've primed and wiggled and combed. I've had MAs tug and curl until it hurt.I've lost lashes and had my eye swell shut from wearing false lashes. I see girls with lush full lashes and swoon.

Today I applied Diorshow over Diorshow Unlimited and suddenly my eyes stood out...you could tell I had makeup on! My eyes looked feminine! If I could marry Diorshow I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ilostmychoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great look, it works really well. Almost gives a fake eyelash look. I'm normally a chanel inimitable girl but thought I'd give this a try as its also slightly cheaper, its actually a good product which gives more thinkness to eyelashs for a more dramatic look. Will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by chotilondon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara - granted it is a splurge but it gives a good amount of volume. Although Loreal's mascara voluminous comes close but is more goopy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lashy42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay i saw this on hsn a few times and I'm a big sucker for department store makeup, SO i decided to try this since i saw it demonstrated on tv and heard such great things. So me being as impatient as I am i put it on before i even drove home from the mall. Mind you i already had my favorite mascara on (l'oreal pairs voluminous, drug store version of Dior show) so my lashes were pretty big already. But as soon as i added that Dior show BAM I couldn't stop looking at my eyelashes! Mascara is a little difficult to put on for me, I'm of Pakistani decent and i have very large sideways almond shaped eyes so the little bottom ones are hard to get, the brush i admit is a little chunky but this definatly doesn't clump (if your careful)
In my opinion this high up there but this should definatly last you a long time and its worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by elzny

I like this mascara. But I'm still trying to decide whether it's worth the price tag. Because I've achieved the same look using other stuff, but this one does take less time and fewer coats. I have hopeless short & straight Asian lashes that point downwards. Yuk, I know. Being a total mascara slut, I've lost count on how many I've tried & I'm definitely willing to try even more. Guess what, the mascara industry expects us to be just like that. :D A co-worker of mine has a friend who's a chemist in NYC but moved to France to become an independent "mascara developer", because he knows mascara is the only item in women's makeup that women are more than willing to switch brands. He developed this formula for Diorshow, and each year he sends her unlabelled tubes to ask her to try and for her feedback (Yes, this world is not fair). Anyway, and he mentioned to her that Diorshow was the best of that year. I don't know what the current year one is yet. He also said 3 factors determine a mascara's performance: the formula, the brush, and the neck of the bottle. How interesting! What I noticed of Diorshow is that the gigantic brush, that when you pull it out, it doesn't seem to have any product on it except at the tip, but when you brush it on, WOW, I see my lashes. So that's pretty impressive. I think the neck of the bottle does a good job on distributing the formula to the brush, in that you don't have to wipe anything extra off. Can you imagine if you have to, this thing is so bloody expensive!! I usually put 5-6 coats on, trust me, I need it. Then I curl it, even at the risk of pulling my lashes out. I will definitely buy this one again, unless I find a cheap substitute at drugstores. I need to go back to re-examine Full&Soft by Maybelline after I'm done with this. I've forgot how it was like... but so many MUA gals are swearing by it!!