Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/7/2010 6:27:00 AM

Okay, I haven't actually bought UD yet..but I did try some of the eyeshadows on and....AMAZING is all I can say. It lasts and lasts. The colors are fun (shimmery) and blend so easily. I felt beautiful while wearing these shadows. I have found that they sell Urban Decay at JCPenny's and Ulta beauty store so far. I will definitely purchase some of this spectacular eyeshadow. It's the best I've used so far. OHMYGOSH!!!! Urban Decay, I love you!!!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I knew from the start I had to have it!
Even if I am no UD fan, the reviews were sooo utterly good on this palette I had to have it.
I struggled a long time in order to get it. UD is not readily available here in Italy (only Sephora's in Milan and Rome carry this brand and I am not any near to them!) and online retailers were constantly sodl out.
However, after much struggling I finally managed to get my Naked palette.
I am reeeally glad.
The shades are ALL beautiful, there is not a single one I don't like or that I'm not able to wear (this is rare as in all palettes there is one shade you like less).
I see myself using this daily for a variety of different looks, from day and office appropriate to evening smokey looks. The quality is great, all shades apply like butter, they're as creamy as a Guerlain eyshadow! (and that's saying much!).
The only minus - I gave 4 lippies instead of 5 - is the packaging.
The packaging sucks!!! I hate that faux-velours (flock) stuff outside; why oh why couldn't they make plain glossy plastic that CAN be cleaned ??? All palettes get dirty from dust and fallout.
So this palette will be a mess in a couple of days. and will remain dirty as it cannot be cleaned (I tossed the awful and unpractical sheer plastic cover). I hate that!
All in all, Urban Decay did a great job with the range of shades and quality in this palette.

on 10/6/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

OHMIGOD — it is amazing.

Outside:
The outside is a soft, smooth velvety chocolate brown color, with the classy looking, simple lettering that reads NAKED across the front (and did you notice the adorable packaging came with a mini UDPP!?).

Inside:
The inside of the palette is mouth-watering…
There are 12 — count them, TWELVE — beautiful colors in this palette… not to mention two different eyeliners (the award-winning, super blendable, smooth, 24/7 double ended eyeliner) in this thing.

Colors:
Here’s a breakdown of what I would personally describe each color as… (from left to right).

Virgin-
A nearly-white nude, shimmery without any “glitter” particles, with a satiny finish. Perfect for highlighting just under the brows. Slight powdery consistency

Sin-
Like the Sin primer potion. A shimmery beige flecked with champagne/gold particles.

*Naked-
my fave. THE perfect neutral.

Sidecar-
Beige (with almost a pinkish undertone) sparkly color. Glitter particles are small but numbered, so there is a definite sparkle.

Buck-
Matte, mid-tone brown. Amazing crease-color with the perfect matte consistency without being chalky. Very pigmented.

Half Baked-
A medium golden-bronze shimmery shade. A bit powdery, but perfect to pack on shimmer.

Smog-
A tan-brown shimmer with golden shimmery particles that lighten it up.

Darkhorse-
Bronze-y, dark, taupe-y, shimmery dark shade. Really nice smudge-color for liner.

Toasted-
A taupe-y bronze with almost a pale plum undertone. Shimmery.

Hustle-
A chocolate-y, mocha-y brown that pulls a little bit plum when applied to skin. Has extremely fine particles of slight shimmer, but probably one of the prettiest colors in life.

Creep-
An off-black shimmery shadow...it's metallic with dark gray/silvery flecks.

Gunmetal-
Dark gray with almost a steel-blue effect. Metallic. Awesome steely color.

Zero (24/7 liner)-
Really smooth liner in black, amazing for the waterline, even more amazing in how it glides across the lid.

Whiskey (24/7 liner)-
Really smooth liner in warm brown. Super blend-able, really nice for blending in any of the brown shades in the palette.

+mini UDPP-
A small version of the big one, good for travel or carrying in your makeup kit if you do your eye makeup on the go.

...Basically, I’ve never been so impressed with something. The price for this palette is $44 USD… It’s easily worth well over $150.

And not just for the quantity and actual price-worthiness you’re getting — individual Urban Decay shadows and eyeliners go for $17 - $20 each (12 eyeshadows + 2 liners, albeit smaller liners + a mini urban decay primer potion is well over $200 worth of stuff) — but for the quality of everything. The packaging is beautiful. The quality of the colors and the coordination of them is amazing… This palette is awesome.

So yes it's a little pricey... but it is SO worth it.

on 10/6/2010 4:36:00 PM

I really don't get the hype around the naked palette. I mean the range of colors is great, you could just have this palette in your collection and you'll be fine for autumn/winter but...i've been trying the colors for two weeks now and i can truly say (used both ud pp and tf si) that these colors do not last!!!and once applied on the lids the payoff is different from what you get simply swatching them with fingers..I'm really dissapointed. I've never bought the ud eyeshadows because i thought they were not as good as mac ones and more expensive..i thought the naked p would have been different..well i was wrong...

on 10/6/2010 9:04:00 AM

Hands down, the BEST PALETTE EVER! My eye makeup looks great every time I use this palette. I don't really like some of the shimmery shadows because sometimes I end up with a glittery face but besides that I love this palette. I love all the colors - great for everyday and night out looks.

on 10/6/2010 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is an amazing palette. I'm so glad I was able to get one, seeing as it was impossible for people to track down and get once it was released online and in stores. I use it every single day, you can come up with tons of different looks for day and for night. You just can't go wrong with this palette and I'd definitely purchase this again.

on 10/6/2010 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Amazing! My favorite palette! You get 12 eyeshadows, 1 eyeliner with two colors and a mini primer potion, great price for 44 dollars! :) The colors are true to color, they stay on all day (with primer of course), blend very well, and can be combined in so many ways. Love it!

on 10/4/2010 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I put myself on the notification list for this and was lucky enough to get one. I am so happy with this palette! The neutrals are great to round out my BOS 3 and Alice palettes' bright shades. Love the texture, pigment, and blendability of UD shadows! The mini primer and pencils are great additions for travel. I am yellow, medium toned, and all of these shades work for me.

on 10/3/2010 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a really great palette from Urban Decay! I absolutely love it! The colors are neutrals, but they aren't boring at all - they're all so pretty and are NOT GLITTERBOMBS. I was so lucky to find it at my local Macy's. The packaging is slim, portable making it travel friendly and that is always a plus. If you're not a huge fan of Urban Decay's bright eyeshadows, or even tend to stick to neutrals for the most part, this palette will offer you everything you'll ever need. You could make simple neutral eyelooks to darker smokey looks with this palette. I didn't think I would need this palette and I thought it was overhyped, but seeing it in person and knowing that it is almost entirely sold out everywhere, will make you think twice. It comes with tiny primer potion and two eyeliners - a black and a dark brown - all really nice additions. I know this palette will last me a very long time, but I will definately repurchase again if I have the chance.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is an awesome palette. The colors are vibrant. I already had a few of the colors, but now that they are in the same palette it makes life easier. This palette is for all skintones and for anyone who loves neutrals. Only 2 of the shades are glittery.

Popular Palettes

The Nudes
The Nudes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty