August 21, 2014 | 1516 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by nica4588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutely love the coverage this foundation gives. It was recommended to me due to my combination skin but I find that sometimes it makes me a bit oily, particularly in the T-zone (my problem spot). I don't use primer so I wonder if it has anything to do with that. The price is a little steep but I must admit that one pump covers a whole face and goes quite a long ways!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by LMfanatic

I wanted to like this, but it broke me out so bad, even within a day of using it. Returned this and the primer. Also, it made me incredibly oily - I love MUFE Face & Body, Mat Velvet +, and the Duo Mat Powder foundation so I was disappointed when this didn't work. But I guess 3 out of 4 foundations isn't bad :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by LauraM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The coverage on me was so-so, but it a zit or two started to pop up. Luckily I stopped using it and returned it before my face fully broke out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by alana4321

I had seen a lot of great reviews for this product and I definitely fell for the "high definition" marketing. The display that allows you to match your skin tone to the women in the photos to find your shade number was a great idea, especially since MUFE's number system is pretty confusing. I'm NC15, and the woman in the 117 photo seemed to be my closest match...she seemed slightly darker than me, but the two lighter shades were pink toned. I then made the mistake of buying the foundation before looking at it on my skin outside of the store lighting...I got home and discovered that it was way too yellow for me! In my opinion, 117 is not the same shade as the woman in the display photo. My other issue with the foundation is that the coverage was too thick for me, I don't like my face to look like a mask.

Summary:

Cons:
- Shade 117 is too yellow for my NC15 skin (neutral leaning to warm toned)
- Coverage is too cakey and unnatural (in my opinion)

Pros:
-Packaging is plastic and has a pump

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by weemansmum

This is great for HD camera, print and film work. That's why it was developed and if used for that purpose its fabulous. Great coverage, easy to work with, great under lights, and if applied properly its everything you want for a shoot, but why would anyone want to use this for everyday use? The whole line is fabulous and while it's not something I would suggest wearing everyday to work or th egrocery store, it's exactly what you should be wearing if you are planning on being in front of the camera.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised that this product didn't get a higher rating. I've been searching for years for the perfect foundation and I've found it in this one! I love that it goes on like silk and covers everything without looking cakey. It just disappears and leaves your face looking fresh and smooth all day! I use it with the HD loose powder and get a flawlwess finish.Never too powdery. Since I started wearing this I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin. It doesn't settle into the lines either... I'm 47. I'll never try anything else! Just wish it was a little more affordable. It's pricey but so worth it to me. I use it daily and the foundation lasted almost 5 months. I still have tons of the loose powder and purchased them at the same time. Ask Sephora for a sample and see for yourself how wonderful this foundation is! And be sure to try it with the loose powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by yybshzl

I am a NC 30 in MAC (in the summer), and I got number 123 of this foundation. I LOVE IT!! It makes my skin looks so smooth. I only need to touch up my chin, where I have acnes on, after I put the foundation on for 6 hours. I have very acne-prone skin and never feel irritated when this foundation is on my face.

Foundations I have used:
BE, Everyday Minerals, Revlon Color-stay, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by drawingdami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very blotchy, scarred, acne prone skin, but it is also very dry and flaky. This makeup covers all of my scars very nicely and lasts most of the day. It has not broken me out, and my face doesn't look dry or caked. I also really like the pump dispenser, although I wish it disbursed a little less each pump. I also tried the primer, and while it does help to hold the foundation, it makes the foundation too orange for my skintone. Otherwise, I am very, very pleased with this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This broke me out something horrible! I have fairly clear skin, I usually break out once a month during TOM, and haven't been due to my Thermaclear, but I now have a face full of zits thanks to the HD foundation! I even broke out ON my eyebrow because of this (but luckily my eyebrow hair covers it)

Aside from the breaking out part, this foundation is nothing special. I've gotten similar results from a drugstore foundation that costs 1/4 of the price. It gives okay coverage, but it leaves a mask-like appearance on the face, no matter how much you blend. It also adhered to every dry patch on my skin and made it look horrible. This is going back to Sephora. What a big disappointment!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by pandabear33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate this crap. I received it as a gift and was SO excited to try it since i'd heard all of the hype surrounding it. The first few times I wore it, I was impressed...coverage was medium/full and it blended very nicely on my dry skin. As I continued to wear it, I noticed that my skin was feeling really unnaturally oily & the feeling lasted even when I wasn't wearing the foundation. Within a few weeks, I broke out SO BADLY. I get occasional hormonal breakouts, but nothing like this. These suckers were big & angry. I attributed it to the time of the month, or perhaps another makeup product I was using...But I stopped everything new I had been trying EXCEPT for this foundation and my skin was still reacting badly. Finally, I had to give up. It was definitely this stuff that caused my skin to go to hell in a handbasket. If you have sensitive skin like me, I would suggest staying far away from this. I'm done experimenting with foundations - its not worth it!