April 16, 2014 | 1886 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by RikuMae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this product was ok at first but it does highlight any dry patches on the skin :( which i sometimes have on my forehead but otherwise my skin is oily specially round the nose
any ways back to the foundation i bought the lightest shade simply because i didnt know what shade to choose. The shade is ok in the winter (i just look slightly lighter ) but in the summer its too light
i dont like this foundation i think it dries out the skin to much

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by killingthemockingbird

Ok, I've totally re-edited this, because I've realised that the foundation is not as good as I thought it was. Here's what I think now:

This was my first foundation. Before this foundation I used tinted moisturizer, but found that I needed better coverage.
First off: the price is ok, and the idea of a 'mousse' is nice. The packaging is nice- hygiene wise it's horrible, but I use a brush, not my fingers or a sponge, so it's alright with a brush.
The foundation is very soft and easy to apply. I did have some trouble with the colour, and I got one that looked quite orange on me. It feels like you're not wearing any makeup though, which is exactly what I wanted.
I thought it covered up everything really nicely at first, but now I realise it's kinda cakey and dry. When you put it on, it looks nice, but after that it just gets worse and worse. In certain lighting it shows up my redness, pimples AND dry skin. It would be great for people who do not have many flaws. It's nice and light, but it doesn't keep my skin matte. Am now looking for a new foundation.
I would not buy this again, because it makes my skin look pretty crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by JettNY

The lightest color is too dark for me. Maybelline, I'm pale but I'm not *that* pale. Besides that, the texture is extremely uneven. I had similar problems with the Maybelline mousse eye shadows -- the spread is terrible.

In addition, the packaging is unsanitary. Continually sticking even the cleaning finger into a pot will introduce all sorts of nasty bacteria.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ShellyMtz

Bought it and tried it about 3 years ago. Although the shade matched me, the coverage was uneven and cakey. My skin had a lot of acne and flakiness back then and this only made them more noticable. Did not control oil.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

This stuff made me sooo cakey looking!
Not to mention, it really accented dry patches on my skin, and also it gives me huge, painful cystic acne!
No foundation has ever broke me out as badly as this one.
I don't usually review based on color, but I have several of these, is kind of hard to find a good color for warmer skin tones, in my opinion.
And again. This does not make my skin look flawless at all, let alone just normal. It looks like I slathered this on like cement when in reality I only use a small amount.
Another thing I don't like about this product is that it doesn't smooth out easily, you have to keep spreading it with your fingers across your face, I don't really like applying foundation with only my fingers, but with this you kind of have to unless you mix with moisturizer, in which in this case the "mousse" turns all bally and gross.
I definitely would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Lolli4000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first foundation that I bought around 2 years ago. Initally it was a good product that didn't break me out, and I didn't look overly shiny. But after a while the texture of the foundation changes and it does not give the same application. The glass jar is a bit impratical but the price is veey good. Maybelline products are also on offer often in Superdrug.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

This is the first time i've tried a drugstore foundation, as i have to admit to being a bit if a makeup label snob. And i am definately impressed.
I have combination skin (dryish on my cheeks, oilyish on my forehead and chin), and this seems to work well on my whole face. It gives amazing coverage, as i have redness (possibly rosacea) on my cheeks, and this covers the redness, plus blemishes and scars, which otherwise are quite noticeable.
To begin with, i saw quite a few spots appearing when i started using this foundation, and was tempted to stop using it, but i am almost at the end of my first pot, and am not getting spots anymore, so this could have been unrelated.
The texture is fantsatic, feels air soft and as though i'm not wearing any makeup. Don't need powder over the top usually, as this gives an almost flawless finish.
A couple of tips:
Moisturise really well about 5 minutes before you put it on
and
Use a foundation brush, as you will get an almost perfect finish and you can build the coverage to what you need.
Anyway, i've rambled, so i'll stop now, but if you want a drugstore foundation, this is it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 7:05:00 AM More reviews by siameselouise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Although I think I'm pretty knowledgable about makeup, choosing foundation has always been hard for me. Getting both the color and texture right is a feat worthy of a medal, in my book! My 37 year old skin is still oily, although not as oily as during my teenage years, and even though I'm olive I'm very light. (I've been avoiding the sun religiously--even though I used to tan beautifully!--for 12+ years now--don't want more wrinkles than absolutely necessary!) Before stumbling onto this, I had been using Bare Escentuals, but blending several colors to make up a "perfect" shade was a pain. I had tried the Dream Matte eye shadows and blush and loved them, so I thought I'd give this a try. Boy, was I ever impressed! The application took a little getting used to, but this is probably the best foundation I've ever used! It wears incredibly well, even on my oily skin during our hot, steamy Deep South summers. It feels great on the skin, leaving it touchable and not at all masklike. The colors are great--there was a perfect one for me and one for my light pink/vanilla mom, too! My 88 year old grandmother recently started wearing it on occasion! I would definitely give this one a try, ladies--wish it'd been around years ago!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by thechinesericeball

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, first off everyone should know that I'm super picky about my foundations. I change them alot, and my tastes change.

I never really used to have any acne, but for a while back I was breaking out pretty bad. Usually I like the dewy look of tinted foundations, but it looked awful and drew more attention to zits.

I was pretty surprised about this stuff
PROS:
-I noticed that after about an hour, it hadn't worn off but looked kinda dewy on my skin!
-Excellent coverage!
-Not drying (at least on my combo skin)
try putting on lotion or philosophy's the present!
-lasts pretty long (on face, and the jar)
-not all the colors are perfect but at one point found one with yellowish tones (the medium 2.5 I think) that looked more like my skin tone than alot of other brands.

CONS:
-the little jar is not very hygienic
-a bit more difficult to blend if you don't use enough

well my acne has cleared up significantly, but I plan to continue using this, probably go back to tinted when it gets hotter and for daytime. But I'll still use this for night.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I am a bit of a snob anymore when it comes to foundations. I generally avoid the d/s brands just because I have yet to find one that matches or wears well enough. But, after reading reviews here, I thought I might as well try this. I really lucked out as I found a swapper with a brand new, unopened one in a shade that looked to be close to mine (Ivory 2-3). Turned out to be dead on. I was a little skeptical about the mousse/jar formulation. Not my style, but I realized that just barely brushing my finger through it and dabbing it around my face, blending in with fingers, it really covered my splotchy, pink, uneven tones really well! I figured I'd see how things go through the day. I will admit, I probably have to touch up (with either the Dream Matte Pressed, or my HG MAC Blot) an extra time (3 vs 2 times...come on, big deal!) but for the price, I'm willing to say this could be a keeper. It's early to tell so I'll plan to update later....see how it wears into summer and see if I get any breakouts, but so far, it's rivaling my HG Merle Norman Lasting Foundation at less than half the price. Keeping my fingers crossed! UPDATE: I'm still freaked out that this wears so well. I got a sample of MUFE Mat Velvet + and this is better in my opinion. Better color, realistic finish, everything. The key is to *barely* use any. I think a lot of the reviewers that complain of cakiness are using too much. I used too much by accident one day and it didn't look good at all. Less is more!