Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 12/23/2008 7:09:00 PM

Ok well, I really like the texture, the mousse feels really nice on my skin. The color was good, I don't remember what color I got but it matched my skin pretty well. I should've remembered when I bought this though, that it's foundation, not concealer, and putting in on zits and really red marks won't make them look invisible. It works to cover the all over redness that I have on my forehead from my recent horrifying descent into terrible skin, but it doesn't cover zits that well. It's pretty light, good if you only want a little coverage and nothing heavy or cakey looking.

I have purchased this foundation as my friend uses it and her skin looked flawless. I purchased the foundation and wanted to compare the drugstore foundations to a more expensive types such as branded ones. The shade I picked out seemed fine until I got home and applied it on my face, in the jar the foundation seemed much lighter than it really is, which is very weird and hard to pick out the right skin shade. I applied the foundation with my fingers which is not very hygienic but applying it with a foundation brush would be very hard as it's a mousse formula. I spread the foundation with a foundation brush after it was on my face. The result is not great, It looks quiet cakey and in some areas of the face it looks like I had more on which I dont know wether it was down to the way I have applied it or the product itself. After a few hours during the day I had to re-apply it near my mouth and chin but I must say that it is a very matte foundation so if you are looking for a dewy healthy looking skin then this foundation is not for you. It covers blemishes easily and large pores but Im not really impressed on how it looked on my skin. I personally felt that it looked cheap and not worth the money but again it might be down to the colour being wrong. I wouldnt repurchase again as I still believe that branded makeup often delivers a better result on the skin and buying a foundation should be the most important part as we use it most of the time.

on 12/20/2008 1:09:00 PM

MY HG FOUNDATION!!!
I had this in Medium 4 and was using almost everyday in the summer...as my first foundation (never was a foundation user).

I first used it as super light coverage, just to get my feet wet in the foundation department but then my tan wore off, I found that it was too dark, orangey, so I went to WalMart to get a new foundation and I wanted to try a new formula, but I just couldn't stray away from Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. So I looked for one with yellow undertones so I got it in Medium 0 which is PERFECTTTT for my skin tone. WOW can't believe the match.

I got it in a combination deal with Dream Matte Pressed Powder which I also love, and I was able to buy both products for 8 dollars which is AMAZINGGGGGGG. I love love love this line of face products from maybelline...except the blush which is too shimmery.

The only downfall to this foundation is that if you are dry, have dry spots, or having a dry day...it'll exaggerate the dryness even more. The quickfix to that...use a moisturizer before and a moisturizing concealer, and you're good to go. If you're not oily, then youre just good to go from the get go! :]

on 12/19/2008 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this product in Ivory.

Pros: I like the little pot and love the feel of the mousse.
Lightweight.
Good range of colours.
Blends great with my Benefit Benetint and High Beam!

Cons:
Can transfer onto clothes.
Can look a little obvious sometimes.

on 12/18/2008 6:17:00 PM

I tried this foundation years ago, and didn't really like it. I realise now that it was the wrong colour and that it might have been a good idea to wear some moisturiser and primer underneath, because it dried my skin out.
I had a look at it recently and found a colour that actually suits me (just about, if I were any paler the lightest one would be too dark) so I'm thinking of giving it another go. I'll update if/when I do. :)

on 12/14/2008 7:59:00 PM

This foundation has a good soft texture and is simply weightless on the skin, which feels very comfortable. I also like that it doesn't smell much and is fairly easy to apply. Not greasy, not oily, provides medium coverage. What I seriously dislike about this product is its' staying power. Iа I wear a scarf or a turtle-neck shirt, the foundation stays of the cloth and not on me face. Also if you apply it under the eyes and not wear powder on top, the mascara or eye liner tends to smudge all under the eyes, which is another unpleasant experience. And I do not like the jar, I enjoy more sleek and elegant things better. Finally, it is a bit difficult to review since I have noticed that it looks different on different people. On someone it's bearly noticeable, but could look very artificial and obvious on another. So I really advise to try wearing this before purchase. Not a good product for me, wouldn't buy.

on 12/13/2008 4:28:00 PM

I love the way this foundation feels. I normally don't like foundation that's "messy" to apply, but even though this comes in a little pot, it's not greasy or gross or oily feeling to put on. It's totally weightless, smells good, and is just awesome feeling. It also has really good coverage, which is something I need as I have areas of mild redness pretty much all the time. The only thing is, I also have a tendency to break out, and that's why I can never use this stuff for very long at a time--it always eventually breaks me out. :( I have tried it a few times, each time thinking I can finally use it (as I've aged, I've noticed my once totally-oily skin getting less oily and more dry, fewer breakouts, etc.) but no matter how long I've waited, this stuff will STILL break me out. :( Darn it. I guess maybe I can use it when I'm really, really old, but not yet. :(

EDIT: I broke down and tried this stuff again recently and either their formula has changed or my skin has, but I now have NO PROBLEMS! No extra breakouts, beautiful coverage... I don't know what happened but I am NOT complaining! One thing maybe that is different: I don't use moisturizer under this, otherwise product will pill throughout the day. I think maybe that's the trick to using it if you have even remotely oily skin; this stuff sort of already has a moisturizing property, so extra moisturizer is just redundant and not good.

on 12/12/2008 3:20:00 PM

I am so suprised by the reviews for this item. That is what partially made me stay away, BUT LOOK NO FURTHER AND DON'T BE DISCOURAGED BY THESE REVIEWS. I love this foundation. Not only am I a liquid foundation junkie, this is the best of both worlds. It's a little expensive & the packaging is kind of annoying, but for a drugstore foundation, I was pleasantly suprised. This glides on beautifully, and covers everything on my face that I don't want the public to see! I love how it's mousse, and I love how everything stays put on my oily skin all day, no dripping off like other liquid foundations. This is a must-try. I was so hesitant, with this product being out for so long I hadn't tried it til now but I am so suprised it's out of this world! =)

on 12/8/2008 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really like the consitency and application of this product but unfortunately the lightest shade is way to dark for me :(
I would buy again if the color had matched! ;)

on 12/8/2008 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is SO WEIRD. I know it says mousse, but makeup usually isn't mousse, so it took me a while to get used to it. I don't know if it's just shade I picked out or the product itself, but I have a really hard time blending it into my skin. So, I mainly use it for under my eyes and then put a finishing powder on top. But, yea.. I definitely wasn't expecting what I got when I opened the bottle.