October 2, 2014 | 1195 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2008 8:01:00 AM More reviews by stephiebabex

I bought this foundation hoping it was going to work. It worked horribly on my skin though. It was so obvious i was wearing foundation and it looked quite dry on my face it wasnt flawless and just sort of caked round my imperfections. Many other of my friends love it though and it looks alright on them but to be honest dont try it, its not as cheap as most foundation and doesnt really work well. I was fascinated by the fact it was going to be like a "mousse" and it keeps well in its packaging - doesnt dry out or anything but not suitable for dry - combo skin or imperfection/acne prone skin! It wont cover your imperfections it will be obvious your wearing makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2008 12:10:00 AM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this foundation. I found it made my skin feel really soft, but the coverage was splotchy at best. Also, it creased. Not the foundation for me. As a thin base, on someone with really great skin, this would probably be wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by GutterGeisha

This is one of my favorite products to complain about. I bought this after seeing it on my younger sister and how lovely it looked on her face. It looked totally airbrushed. She even got my mother hooked. So in my ongoing quest to find my HG, I bought a jar in the second from the lightest color (it's been awhile, so I don't remember the specific number..).
When I first put it on, the coverage was fantastic. I will admit it was just a tad too light, but not terribly noticeable, and had more of a pink undertone than I desire. My undertones are a bit more yellow. But whatever, I work in fluorescent lighting all day anyway, so I suspected the pink wouldn't be so obvious.
I made it through the first jar without too much drama, just a teeny bit of creasing here and there, which was easily fixed with a good finger blend. I could deal.
Once I had moved on to my second jar, the drama queen jumped straight out of it onto my face. About 3 hours after application, I was developing these horrible creases between my eyebrows and around my nose. There were spots on my face where the makeup just completely disappeared. I felt totally grimy and my face had this overall 'wet' feeling to it by the end of the day. This was in the middle of winter, btw. So I had a hard time chalking it up to sweat. Also, I had ghost face amidst all this grossness. I managed to make it about halfway through the jar before I gave it to my sister.
I will say that it didn't break my face out like other bases often do. That's too bad as I really enjoyed the concept behind this one. It's just too much of a hassle to maintain, especially when you work someplace where you don't have a lot of time to fidget with makeup. On with the quest...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by MinnieEars

This was one of my biggest make up buying mistakes. I bought it and used it but it quickly(within 2 hours) had gone away and wasnt covering ANYTHING! I tried everything(toners, loose powders) to help it stay on but it just WOULDNT. I don't advise anyone to buy this unless they are going to be out for 2 hours or less and dont mind if their make up seems to desolve

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by missspiggie

Alright, I am a dry skin person about to complain about this foundation but I have found my HG moisturizer that has done miracles on my skin and I never feel or see dry patches, until I put this on. I have a cheap Wet'n'Wild foundation stick that I call the "crap stick" and this does as much as what it does. I'm very disappointed but I think this might be just as bad for regular skin. If it works for other people, awesome, but thing still creases.

I hope I can return this. Back to the search for the right foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by OutOfLine

Last year I had used this product in the fall... and had thought it was great! Until... spring came... it started getting warmer and it started melting off my oily skin! 2 hours after application I would find the foundation in creases around my nose, eyes, chin, and lips! But I found some leftovers in NUDE Light 4 and relized this was the best foundation I have ever used!

The trick to this foundation is... you must wear a primer underneath it...if you have oily skin!!! And set it with a powder!

IF USED IN COLD/COOL WEATER CONDITIONS...
PROS:
-easy to apply (no mess)
-blends wonderfly
-matches my olive/yellow undertone PERFECTLY! (it looks like i have NO makeup on at all)
-hides pimples....scars....and everything else that isnt perfect
-makes my skin feel baby smooth
-matte.... with a bright and dewy glow
-evens out the all the red

CONS:
-packaging is heavy because its made out of think glass... i think
-my mom tried it... and says if you have big pores makes them a thousand times more noticable
-has to be replyed every now and then!

*Yes I would definitly buy this product again!
EDIT: Ewwww.... what was I thinking... I take it ALL back. Melts off my face, gives no coverage, unrealistic coloring, makes winter skin look scaly, dosent keep skin matte, skin looks dull, feels oily, causes break outs, makes pores look HUGE, packaging is super bulky, huge waste of money,creases, and makes me feel and look like I'm wearing a mask. Ewwwwww.... I took off 5 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by skydive33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good foundation but looks kinda cakey on me when i apply it with my fingers. Instead i use a stippling brush and it actually looks pretty good except this stuff doesn't last on me. no repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by leahluvspink

i liked this product, it goes on smoothly and leaves my skin nice and soft. it has good coverage, the only thing i found with this product is that it dosnt last very long. i now use max factor colour adapt and i find its a little better and it lasts all day, but if max factor decided to stop selling it i would try this one again and maybe try it with a makeup base or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 1:14:00 AM More reviews by CGmd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation was recommended by my derma friend so I went out and tried it. My two friends said Natural beige looked closest to my skin tone so I got this shade. At first I didn't like it because it seemed a shade lighter on my face but after it had a chance to meld with my skin, the color was just right. I also didn't like dipping in my fingers in the jar so I started using a small spatula to decrease product contamination. Since this product has silicone, I found it easy to spread it on my face and then blended the edges using a sponge. My skin is really oily so I used a mattifier under, and Clarins' shine stopper powder or MAC studio fix powder foundation on top. I still become oily after a few hours but after blotting my face, my skin still looks good - covered most of the acne scars, blood vessels on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by elouv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite make up.I have oily nose and forehead and this foundation goes so smooth on me! The colour is a perfect match, fawn no4. I would recommend it to people with combination and oily skin. I don't see any sparkles as others mentioned. The coverage is good and not very heavy.My skin is amazingly soft after applying this. When I wear it, i don't feel like I have make up on, it is so silky, and the coverage is good, medium I would say.