Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 12/19/2008 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this product in Ivory.

Pros: I like the little pot and love the feel of the mousse.
Lightweight.
Good range of colours.
Blends great with my Benefit Benetint and High Beam!

Cons:
Can transfer onto clothes.
Can look a little obvious sometimes.

on 12/18/2008 6:17:00 PM

I tried this foundation years ago, and didn't really like it. I realise now that it was the wrong colour and that it might have been a good idea to wear some moisturiser and primer underneath, because it dried my skin out.
I had a look at it recently and found a colour that actually suits me (just about, if I were any paler the lightest one would be too dark) so I'm thinking of giving it another go. I'll update if/when I do. :)

on 12/14/2008 7:59:00 PM

This foundation has a good soft texture and is simply weightless on the skin, which feels very comfortable. I also like that it doesn't smell much and is fairly easy to apply. Not greasy, not oily, provides medium coverage. What I seriously dislike about this product is its' staying power. Iа I wear a scarf or a turtle-neck shirt, the foundation stays of the cloth and not on me face. Also if you apply it under the eyes and not wear powder on top, the mascara or eye liner tends to smudge all under the eyes, which is another unpleasant experience. And I do not like the jar, I enjoy more sleek and elegant things better. Finally, it is a bit difficult to review since I have noticed that it looks different on different people. On someone it's bearly noticeable, but could look very artificial and obvious on another. So I really advise to try wearing this before purchase. Not a good product for me, wouldn't buy.

on 12/13/2008 4:28:00 PM

I love the way this foundation feels. I normally don't like foundation that's "messy" to apply, but even though this comes in a little pot, it's not greasy or gross or oily feeling to put on. It's totally weightless, smells good, and is just awesome feeling. It also has really good coverage, which is something I need as I have areas of mild redness pretty much all the time. The only thing is, I also have a tendency to break out, and that's why I can never use this stuff for very long at a time--it always eventually breaks me out. :( I have tried it a few times, each time thinking I can finally use it (as I've aged, I've noticed my once totally-oily skin getting less oily and more dry, fewer breakouts, etc.) but no matter how long I've waited, this stuff will STILL break me out. :( Darn it. I guess maybe I can use it when I'm really, really old, but not yet. :(

EDIT: I broke down and tried this stuff again recently and either their formula has changed or my skin has, but I now have NO PROBLEMS! No extra breakouts, beautiful coverage... I don't know what happened but I am NOT complaining! One thing maybe that is different: I don't use moisturizer under this, otherwise product will pill throughout the day. I think maybe that's the trick to using it if you have even remotely oily skin; this stuff sort of already has a moisturizing property, so extra moisturizer is just redundant and not good.

on 12/12/2008 3:20:00 PM

I am so suprised by the reviews for this item. That is what partially made me stay away, BUT LOOK NO FURTHER AND DON'T BE DISCOURAGED BY THESE REVIEWS. I love this foundation. Not only am I a liquid foundation junkie, this is the best of both worlds. It's a little expensive & the packaging is kind of annoying, but for a drugstore foundation, I was pleasantly suprised. This glides on beautifully, and covers everything on my face that I don't want the public to see! I love how it's mousse, and I love how everything stays put on my oily skin all day, no dripping off like other liquid foundations. This is a must-try. I was so hesitant, with this product being out for so long I hadn't tried it til now but I am so suprised it's out of this world! =)

on 12/8/2008 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really like the consitency and application of this product but unfortunately the lightest shade is way to dark for me :(
I would buy again if the color had matched! ;)

on 12/8/2008 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is SO WEIRD. I know it says mousse, but makeup usually isn't mousse, so it took me a while to get used to it. I don't know if it's just shade I picked out or the product itself, but I have a really hard time blending it into my skin. So, I mainly use it for under my eyes and then put a finishing powder on top. But, yea.. I definitely wasn't expecting what I got when I opened the bottle.

on 12/7/2008 10:40:00 PM

I got a couple of these for free at Walgreens, so I was able to try different colors. Although I usually do not wear foundations or any concealers, these helped disguise pimples and reduce the redness or any scars on my face when I needed something to conceal, mainly the t-zone areas. Overall, free is free... But I wouldn't buy it again. I would rather go for fresh and clear skin than try to conceal it, KWIM?

on 12/7/2008 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got my 1st jar of this product last spring, while being much more tanned, i took the shade "tan"(dark 1) and this perfectly matched my body and neck since i dont tan my face... first i found it a little too heavy, but then using some common sense i figured it out that i could thin it down a bit mixing it with half of moisturizer in the back of your hand, and that makes not only lighter, but more manageable and easier to apply, u will still get a matte result, but more natural and dewy, just like skin is supposed to look...my finishing touch was with Becca loose powder in mocha applied with a powder brush specially to those difficult, shiny, large pored areas like the t zone, or under the eyes to seal the concealer etc...the results are amazing, there is no more pores, no more shine, no more sallowness/unevenness etc just an even, healthy, matte complexion...however now winter is here, i have not tanned in several months and my skin is dramatically lighter and i cant use the same shade.... so i went in search for my "winter shade" i got "natural beige"(medium 2.5) but when i got home i realized it was still too dark and orange, when back to the drugstore and exchanged it for a 2 shades lighter "sandy beige"(medium 1) this one was about my color level, but a little too pinkish for my light olive complexion, (ive never seen pink sand in my life so go figure) so had to go back one more time and after comparing one to another, finally decided for "light beige"(medium 0) and this one works perfectly!!! it is completely yellow based, not a hint of pink under any kind of light...
Since im way lot lighter these days i cant really use the mocha powder on top, so i dug out my "mineral veil' from BE from my make up drawer, a little dust with the powder brush in the problem areas and voila!! ready 2go...I still wonder why drugstores dont have at least miniature testers on the make up area, or a piece of white material stained with the real product, or at least face pictures with different models wearing each one of the shades, just the same way they show Adriana Lima wearing "pure beige", (cant they afford another 14 models?) or just come up with something more intelligent... they would save tons of money if people could try the products at the store,(i just returned two opened jars myself) and their sales would sky rocket since many people dont buy there just because of the fact that there is no way to test it and its no fun to play the guessing game every time..advice: the peek of color u see -on the bottom of the closed jar- looks paler than really is, then once you open it the mousse may look very yellow/orange/spicy toned, but once properly applied on well moisturized skin, it works wonders!... Update: Since i stopped tanning at all about a year ago and use spf85, my face got even lighter and now im between classic ivory(summer) and light ivory(winter) being this last one the lightest shade on this brand (and im about nc20) so I don't think people with truly pale skin could use anything from this brand....

on 12/6/2008 9:35:00 AM

i am a pakistani asian with combo skin. i bought this foundation on a friend's recommendation.but i hate to say tht it ws the worst thing tht ever happened to me.it gets so flaky on my cheeks even when i hv thoroughly moisturized them.and also it gives a thick finish even wen u use a small amount.i am again looking for a new foundation.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera