September 23, 2014 | 1986 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by MinnieEars

This was one of my biggest make up buying mistakes. I bought it and used it but it quickly(within 2 hours) had gone away and wasnt covering ANYTHING! I tried everything(toners, loose powders) to help it stay on but it just WOULDNT. I don't advise anyone to buy this unless they are going to be out for 2 hours or less and dont mind if their make up seems to desolve

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by missspiggie

Alright, I am a dry skin person about to complain about this foundation but I have found my HG moisturizer that has done miracles on my skin and I never feel or see dry patches, until I put this on. I have a cheap Wet'n'Wild foundation stick that I call the "crap stick" and this does as much as what it does. I'm very disappointed but I think this might be just as bad for regular skin. If it works for other people, awesome, but thing still creases.

I hope I can return this. Back to the search for the right foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by OutOfLine

Last year I had used this product in the fall... and had thought it was great! Until... spring came... it started getting warmer and it started melting off my oily skin! 2 hours after application I would find the foundation in creases around my nose, eyes, chin, and lips! But I found some leftovers in NUDE Light 4 and relized this was the best foundation I have ever used!

The trick to this foundation is... you must wear a primer underneath it...if you have oily skin!!! And set it with a powder!

IF USED IN COLD/COOL WEATER CONDITIONS...
PROS:
-easy to apply (no mess)
-blends wonderfly
-matches my olive/yellow undertone PERFECTLY! (it looks like i have NO makeup on at all)
-hides pimples....scars....and everything else that isnt perfect
-makes my skin feel baby smooth
-matte.... with a bright and dewy glow
-evens out the all the red

CONS:
-packaging is heavy because its made out of think glass... i think
-my mom tried it... and says if you have big pores makes them a thousand times more noticable
-has to be replyed every now and then!

*Yes I would definitly buy this product again!
EDIT: Ewwww.... what was I thinking... I take it ALL back. Melts off my face, gives no coverage, unrealistic coloring, makes winter skin look scaly, dosent keep skin matte, skin looks dull, feels oily, causes break outs, makes pores look HUGE, packaging is super bulky, huge waste of money,creases, and makes me feel and look like I'm wearing a mask. Ewwwwww.... I took off 5 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by skydive33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good foundation but looks kinda cakey on me when i apply it with my fingers. Instead i use a stippling brush and it actually looks pretty good except this stuff doesn't last on me. no repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by leahluvspink

i liked this product, it goes on smoothly and leaves my skin nice and soft. it has good coverage, the only thing i found with this product is that it dosnt last very long. i now use max factor colour adapt and i find its a little better and it lasts all day, but if max factor decided to stop selling it i would try this one again and maybe try it with a makeup base or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 1:14:00 AM More reviews by CGmd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation was recommended by my derma friend so I went out and tried it. My two friends said Natural beige looked closest to my skin tone so I got this shade. At first I didn't like it because it seemed a shade lighter on my face but after it had a chance to meld with my skin, the color was just right. I also didn't like dipping in my fingers in the jar so I started using a small spatula to decrease product contamination. Since this product has silicone, I found it easy to spread it on my face and then blended the edges using a sponge. My skin is really oily so I used a mattifier under, and Clarins' shine stopper powder or MAC studio fix powder foundation on top. I still become oily after a few hours but after blotting my face, my skin still looks good - covered most of the acne scars, blood vessels on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by elouv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite make up.I have oily nose and forehead and this foundation goes so smooth on me! The colour is a perfect match, fawn no4. I would recommend it to people with combination and oily skin. I don't see any sparkles as others mentioned. The coverage is good and not very heavy.My skin is amazingly soft after applying this. When I wear it, i don't feel like I have make up on, it is so silky, and the coverage is good, medium I would say.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by sconzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have normal to dry skin and I don't think this product suited my skin type at all. It made my skin look very flaky and dry. Would not reccomend to anyone with dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by axfxd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Violet

I just bought this foundation last week, in Light #5, which is the darkest color out of the lights. I was going to get Light #4 (Nude) but they didn't have it so I had to go a shade darker. After I applied my face cream, and put on the foundation (with a sponge), it looked a little heavy. So on the second try, I put a dime sized amount of the foundation and a dime sized amount of cream on the back of my hand and mixed them, and after I applied it, it looked really great! On its own, it's a pretty heavy foundation and you wouldn't even need concealer (unless you have acne & under eye circles I guess), but mixed with moisturizer and it makes the foundation more sheer and it looks nice! I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by McConville32

I've read a bunch of comments about this foundation on here and even though it's basically 50/50 I decided to give it a try. I really like this foundation! This product goes on very smoothly and it doesn't feel like I have a ton of makeup on my face. It is very easy to blend, I suggest using a makeup brush to put it on your face, it might be difficult to use your fingers. You don't need to use that much, a little goes a long way. I usually have to use powder with my foundation, but this one I didn't have to use any. Also, I moisturize my face before I put on this foundation. I definitley reccommend this foundation to someone who is looking for medium to heavy coverage and who doesn't want to feel like they have a ton of makeup on their face!