Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 1/6/2009 1:52:00 PM

This is foundation for someone who needs a lot of caked on coverage
not for just lightly covering imperfections. the pot is also unhygenic.
will not repurchase

on 1/6/2009 12:47:00 PM

When I purchased this product, I loved it, it provided great coverage, looked natural, and didn't melt.

I have really oily/dry combo skin. Within a week of purchasing my face broke out horribly. I was extremely disappointed, I returned it.

(turn out, according the website, it's not non-comdeogenic, so that explains)

If you're not acne-prone: great product. If you are, I wouldn't recommend it.

on 1/5/2009 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The first time i bought this stuff i really liked it...even finished the pot.

second time around i noticed that this really highlights dry areas i have on the forehead and around my mouth NOT COOL....

I think i may have to use this ONLY in the summer time when my skin is more oily?

either way...dont think im repurch

on 1/4/2009 10:21:00 PM

Im actually quite confused about this product. When it just came out (2-3 years ago?) I bought one little pot. It was smooth and easy to apply. Coverage was good and didnt make me look cakey. I liked it and i used it up. Then I switched to some 2-way foundation (I think it was the ZA one and was so rubbish) So I went back to Dream Matte Mousse and bought the newer version which has the white cap. But it was horrible to me! I looked like a ghost or something i just couldnt wear it in public. It had no lasting power at all it melted on some oilier area on my face in less than 1 hour. (Cheeks and nose) Now I'm using other liquid foundation and I have no urge to try Dream Matte Mousse anymore. Did they change the formula?

on 1/4/2009 12:24:00 PM

This is really easy to apply and gives me good coverage which I can layer up where necessary. It does have a tendency to sit in pores and highlight any dry patches of skin I have so I always make sure I use a good moisturiser first.

on 1/3/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this in Pure Beige. I'm your basic med skin color and this shade is ideal. Now I never wear foundation ever. I only wear bronzing powder over a few spots of concealer. However I'm oily/shiny in my t-zone and I heard this product is excellent for reducing shine so I tried it for that purpose only. Its a light foundation which is what I would want and I only applied it to my forehead and chin. It reduced the shine factor by 95%. I usually had to use an oil absorbing sheet a couple times a day on my forehead to reduce shine but when I wear this I really didnt have to. I'm very impressed with this. This is my first foundation but I really just use it in spots. Those of you who like light coverage but are oily this is for you. Dry skin types might want to skip on this. It was $7.68 at Walmart. I left 1 lippie off for the amount you get in the pot. For me its okay since I only use a few dabs each time. But for those who want full face coverage this may not be great for you. Worthy of trying though. I havent written a review in years so this shows how impressed I am enough to write one.

It had the perfect colour for me but it rubbed off within a couple of hours and dried my skin out aload even with moisteriser on!
If you touch it it rubs off and it also looks cakey easly.
Wouldnt buy agian.

on 1/3/2009 6:54:00 AM

This foundation gives quite a good even coverage when you first put it on, however it doesn't last a whole day and I find that I have to re apply it at lunch. Another problem I had with this product is that it really dried my skin out, even after wearing moisturiser. So no I don't think I would buy it again. However many of my friends use it and are happy with it so I think it just depends on your skin type (I think it would probably be best for quite oily skin, certainly not good for skin that's already dry).

on 1/2/2009 5:34:00 AM

It's okay. Unsure of whether I would buy again. The coverage is not great and you cannot touch your face as it will just rub right off. It doesn't last long on your face and is hard to apply with brushes. However, the jar is cute and it feels like I am wearing no foundation at all.

on 1/2/2009 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i turned 33 this year and i think this is the year that i start experimenting with make up. i hardly ever did so, as in ever. i'm the girl who's happy with pressed powder, eyeliner, blush and lip tint.
so it's Christmas party season, so i thought that it was time to finally put on foundation and to get that picture taken that showed that i put an effort into looking good that night.
i actually think i did well for a first timer, so i thought. i bought this foundation and while at the store, applying at home it it looked very natural or as close to my yellow very pale skin tone as it good get, but healthier looking. so i was pleased, still am actually. feel the but coming?... in a bit.
i loved how it applied, because it's my first time, i preferred not to use a foundation brush or sponge so this mousse worked out well with my finger. i like the fact that it takes very little to apply on to my whole face. i like the soft feeling and that it wasn't wet thus no need to wait for it to dry. i have an oily t-zone area so the matte finish was a necessity. good coverage for some of my pores as well, no need for a pore minimizer prior to putting on the foundation. i even appreciate the fact that it comes off. because am not into the whole make up thing, taking it off makes it even worse for me. so the mousse wearing off after about 5 or 6 hours is way good since i don't have many after parties to attend anyway. meaning no heavy cold cream make up removers for me. just regular facial cleanser cream or lather-up type does the trick to remove the make up.
almost perfect, just avoid having your picture taken while wearing this, or don't go all auto and use the flash, adjust the lighting because the titanium dioxide reflects the light and made me look paler which negates the whole reason why i bought the foundation in the first place.
so it's a good "day" or natural light camera make up.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera