Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 1/3/2009 6:54:00 AM

This foundation gives quite a good even coverage when you first put it on, however it doesn't last a whole day and I find that I have to re apply it at lunch. Another problem I had with this product is that it really dried my skin out, even after wearing moisturiser. So no I don't think I would buy it again. However many of my friends use it and are happy with it so I think it just depends on your skin type (I think it would probably be best for quite oily skin, certainly not good for skin that's already dry).

on 1/2/2009 5:34:00 AM

It's okay. Unsure of whether I would buy again. The coverage is not great and you cannot touch your face as it will just rub right off. It doesn't last long on your face and is hard to apply with brushes. However, the jar is cute and it feels like I am wearing no foundation at all.

on 1/2/2009 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i turned 33 this year and i think this is the year that i start experimenting with make up. i hardly ever did so, as in ever. i'm the girl who's happy with pressed powder, eyeliner, blush and lip tint.
so it's Christmas party season, so i thought that it was time to finally put on foundation and to get that picture taken that showed that i put an effort into looking good that night.
i actually think i did well for a first timer, so i thought. i bought this foundation and while at the store, applying at home it it looked very natural or as close to my yellow very pale skin tone as it good get, but healthier looking. so i was pleased, still am actually. feel the but coming?... in a bit.
i loved how it applied, because it's my first time, i preferred not to use a foundation brush or sponge so this mousse worked out well with my finger. i like the fact that it takes very little to apply on to my whole face. i like the soft feeling and that it wasn't wet thus no need to wait for it to dry. i have an oily t-zone area so the matte finish was a necessity. good coverage for some of my pores as well, no need for a pore minimizer prior to putting on the foundation. i even appreciate the fact that it comes off. because am not into the whole make up thing, taking it off makes it even worse for me. so the mousse wearing off after about 5 or 6 hours is way good since i don't have many after parties to attend anyway. meaning no heavy cold cream make up removers for me. just regular facial cleanser cream or lather-up type does the trick to remove the make up.
almost perfect, just avoid having your picture taken while wearing this, or don't go all auto and use the flash, adjust the lighting because the titanium dioxide reflects the light and made me look paler which negates the whole reason why i bought the foundation in the first place.
so it's a good "day" or natural light camera make up.

on 1/1/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This has been my only foundation since it it first came out. It helps with my oily skin and evens the texture. I have put almost all my friends and family on this foundation. I have yet to find a foundation that looks this good.

on 1/1/2009 5:27:00 PM

I wear this makeup in EVERY season but summer. I absolutely love this product, it blends in perfectly with my skin tone, looks natural, and flawless! <3 I also love the container!

on 12/30/2008 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I hate this stuff, it sucks.

It feels greasy on the skin, gives me breakouts and blackheads. It is not long lasting, after about 2 hours it melts on your face making it look patchy and shiny. Coverage is about medium.. It will rub off if you touch your face even if its freshly put on and it will rub on your clothes!

I bought this in Sun Beige which is my closest match, it looks slightly pink but turns orange throughout the day.. :S I tried the ligher shade but its really light it makes me look like a ghost..

on 12/30/2008 4:23:00 AM

I started using this 2 years ago in medium 2 "pure beige" because my friend gave it to me, was not dark enough for her, but i tried it and found it the perfect shade! i love the texture, and it stays beautiful for most of the day, doesnt make skin oily or break out, and like others, when i try to change products, i always come back to this one! The only problem i find is the container, it makes the foundation get stuck under fingernails, especially if u have fake nails.

on 12/29/2008 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I first rated this product well over a year ago, and normally I'd give an update as an extension to my original review, but I decided to delete my whole review and start over. you see, I had bought this many years ago, like when I was in high school, and hated it. I think what was wrong is that I got the shade Porcelain Ivory, which apparently was too light for me, and because it made me break out. thinking back, I'm sure this was because I was constantly sticking my fingers in the product and probably didn't wash them -_- also, I didn't like how it made my skin look dry, but now I realize that this was because I used too much, and also I think my skin has gotten oilier since then, unfortunately :(

however, a few months ago I decided to give this product a second chance, getting the next darker shade, Classic Ivory. it looks a tiny bit dark on me right now, which I'm fine with because I plan to primarily use it in the summer, when I get a little darker. also, I apply it with a slightly damp flat-top brush, which is much more effective than using my fingers, since it is more hygienic and prevents me from using too much. even though it provides a matte finish, I still need to use a mattifying moisturizer and pressed powder or else it'll come off by the end of the day. sadly, "matte" does not translate to "oil control". so I gave it only 3 lippies. nice finish, poor staying power.

on 12/28/2008 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I purchased the Mousse foundation in L2 "Classic Ivory" for most of the year, and also the L1 "Porcelain Ivory" for winter. It's winter, so I'm using L1, i havent tried L2 yet. But I really really am liking this foundation. The product itself is very.. revolutionary. It's literally a mousse that you can use whatever amount of it you desire and just smear it over your face. It offers great coverage! I have rosacea (mild but icky red splotchy cheeks that are very annoying!) and it covers it all right up!! I think that is the main reason why I have fallen for this foundation. None of the others conceal my rosacea as well as this does, and my main quality i look for in foundation is, can it cover my rosacea? The answer to this little gem, YES! Give it a try, it's not very expensive but is amazing!

A lot of people have been saying it's hard to blend? I have not experienced that at all.. i think it's actually quite a dream to blend (ha ha ha..) But really, I just take a smidge amount on my finger and blend and then take a smidge more.. maybe others have been taking too much on their finger at a time? I'm not sure.. but I think it works fabulous!

on 12/26/2008 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this product. I usually use it to cover redness around my nose and rosacea on my cheeks. It covers well and looks pretty natural. I didn't experience any problems with blending; it may be because I don't cover large areas with it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera