July 29, 2014 | 1577 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by marcela_p

This mascara is definately the ultimate, for me: it works like no other, I've tried others but I keep coming back for Diorshow, it's so much better than any other mascara...it does have a non-natural look, but I'm into over the top lashes. The paint is very very black and covers all the lashes, also, my lashes get super long and curled, and never clumpy, they always get very brushed, which is great. The brush is, indeed very big, but it doesn't bother me - my second Diorshow mascara I got in a duty free shop in an airport and, it was a different version: Diorshow Unlimited, the packaging is a bit less thick and the brush, too, but I think the formula's the same since it does work just like the regular one. Anyway, I'm never trying another mascara in my life - I did, but nothing works quite like Diorshow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 5:39:00 AM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does not satisfy me... considering that it is Dior and that it's mentioned quite often on the magazines, i thought it would really deliver. However, it doesn't do anything special for me.. i think i'm going to try Anna Sui's mascara next since MUA rated it so high...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by roborutanya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't get me wrong, the formula of this mascara is just fine, it's the size of the brush that I have a problem with. After I've curled my lashes and apply this mascara I get more on my eyelids than on my lashes. That is the only reason I would never buy this again. Apart from that, it's a pretty good mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2007 8:26:00 AM More reviews by karrie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was so sad....
i wanted to give my heart forever to this mascara, i really did!! the scent is divine! like rose water. so lux!! the mascara made my lashes so thick and full and gorgeous. it was true love... for about two weeks. then diorshow changed. he turned into a big flake, as in flaking all over my face. what a jerk!! i loved him. i adored him!! i thought i had found THE ONE. but diorshow made a fool out of me. i sent him packing. right back from where i picked him up at and got my $$$$ back.
diorshow was a total tease to me. momma doesn't like a tease!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ondpunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this out at Sephora. I didn't use the brush, though it looked nice. I used one of those tester brushes they supply for you. And considering I didn't even use the diorshow's brush and my lashes still looked great, just tells you alot is in the formula. It reminds me of Bad Gal Lash, which is big, fat, and just...okay. I mean for a dramatic look, totally go for it. But I only did one eye, the other I went home and applied CG Lash Exact and was surprised how close they were. Obvioulsy Diorshow is better I suppose. But big brushes tend to annoy people, and they never really give you natural looking lashes...

I may buy, I think it's better than most department store brands.

UPDATE: I tried this again and man did this flake like crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by velvetdays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All my life I've had pale, ash blond lashes that are both sparse & short over green, green eyes. There's something about trying a cult classic I find irresistable- like Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream.

I honestly do not even know why other companies continue to try to make mascara, because this one is perfect. One swipe of Dior Show & my lashes were utterly transformed, coated from root to tip with a lightweight, un-clumpy pretty russet brown color from corner to corner. Is it just the brush? I don't know, or care.

With patience & two applications, who knows what could happen. Highly recommended. The only gripe is I think I'd like a smaller size tube, half as this will last me ten forevers & would be more portable in a scaled down size.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by shania_miss

I have my fourth Diorshow mascara now and I am continuously happy with Diorshow. It is a great mascara: doesn't clump, lashes look a lot thicker and it doesn't dry out soon but is usable for months. I usually combine Diorshow with Shiseido Mascara Base, as together they make the best fake lashes effect I have ever seen. My lashes look incredible!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Leelee57

I've gone through 2 tubes of Diorshow and will continue to purchase this. I tried using Lancome, Fresh, Stila, MAC, Clinique, and the list goes on, but found that they either left my lashes completely clumpy, too wet that it straightened out my curls, or left me with raccoon eyes within an hour. I've also tried the drugstore brands and they were only good at lengthening and not volumizing. This mascara has been perfect for me because it does not flake or clump, and allows me to hold my lash curl.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kalisaen

I was so excited when I got my hands on this mascara, but got more and more disappointed the longer I used it. First of all, the wand is monster! I'm asian, so it was really hard applying this stuff with the giant wand it comes with. When I tried it on at Sephora it wasn't so bad because the tester wands are significantly smaller. The employees insisted that the size would only add volume and wonders so I got sucked into buying it. Not to mention the rave reviews I had seen online. It does a decent job however, the hassles of applying it outweigh the results (Which aren't even that great, IMHO) and I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Makeuphag

I needed to add one thing else to my order so I could get the free shipping for Sephora so I thought, what the heck, I'll just drop $23 on some mascara and see what it does. Now, if it turned out to be stellar, I actually don't mind the price but I found the formulation to be very lumpy, clumpy, sticky and I needed to apply quite a bit to get anything close to dramatic.
Which at that point, dramatic just looked liked I played in mommy's makeup.
I don't recommend this at all needless to say and will stick with Estee Lauder's Projectionist which really delivers a nice lash look that is worth the price!