April 20, 2014 | 1287 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by pharmie

I have used this mascara for over a year and absolutely loved this stuff until I have encountered a major problem. I have become very allergic to it. You can read plenty of the reviews about how great this mascara is but I just want to say that if you have very sensitive eyes and wear contacts all day every day like I do, this may not be a mascara for you. Sure it does magic for your lashes but after about a month of regular usage, it starts flaking terribly and then the little mascara flakes get underneath your contacts and irritate your eyes severely. So if you are like me - looking for a great volumizing mascara but have sensitive eyes, this may not be mascara for you.
I gave this 3 lippies because I absolutely love and adore the look this mascara gives you, however, spending 23 bucks every month and a half on a mascara for a starving student is ridiculous. Also, you can become allergic to it like I have.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

I love Christian Dior cosmetics and was very disappointed by this mascara, especially will all of the hype. Its great for volume, but does nothing for length and it flakes! I have tried the dior unlimitted and like that one much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ho-ly Crap. Let me first start by saying how pathetic my lashes are. They have a decent length, but they are so sparse and light that no matter how much mascara I put on them, they still do not stand out very much. I've poked my eye out trying to tight line, I've primed and wiggled and combed. I've had MAs tug and curl until it hurt.I've lost lashes and had my eye swell shut from wearing false lashes. I see girls with lush full lashes and swoon.

Today I applied Diorshow over Diorshow Unlimited and suddenly my eyes stood out...you could tell I had makeup on! My eyes looked feminine! If I could marry Diorshow I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ilostmychoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great look, it works really well. Almost gives a fake eyelash look. I'm normally a chanel inimitable girl but thought I'd give this a try as its also slightly cheaper, its actually a good product which gives more thinkness to eyelashs for a more dramatic look. Will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by chotilondon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara - granted it is a splurge but it gives a good amount of volume. Although Loreal's mascara voluminous comes close but is more goopy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lashy42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay i saw this on hsn a few times and I'm a big sucker for department store makeup, SO i decided to try this since i saw it demonstrated on tv and heard such great things. So me being as impatient as I am i put it on before i even drove home from the mall. Mind you i already had my favorite mascara on (l'oreal pairs voluminous, drug store version of Dior show) so my lashes were pretty big already. But as soon as i added that Dior show BAM I couldn't stop looking at my eyelashes! Mascara is a little difficult to put on for me, I'm of Pakistani decent and i have very large sideways almond shaped eyes so the little bottom ones are hard to get, the brush i admit is a little chunky but this definatly doesn't clump (if your careful)
In my opinion this high up there but this should definatly last you a long time and its worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by elzny

I like this mascara. But I'm still trying to decide whether it's worth the price tag. Because I've achieved the same look using other stuff, but this one does take less time and fewer coats. I have hopeless short & straight Asian lashes that point downwards. Yuk, I know. Being a total mascara slut, I've lost count on how many I've tried & I'm definitely willing to try even more. Guess what, the mascara industry expects us to be just like that. :D A co-worker of mine has a friend who's a chemist in NYC but moved to France to become an independent "mascara developer", because he knows mascara is the only item in women's makeup that women are more than willing to switch brands. He developed this formula for Diorshow, and each year he sends her unlabelled tubes to ask her to try and for her feedback (Yes, this world is not fair). Anyway, and he mentioned to her that Diorshow was the best of that year. I don't know what the current year one is yet. He also said 3 factors determine a mascara's performance: the formula, the brush, and the neck of the bottle. How interesting! What I noticed of Diorshow is that the gigantic brush, that when you pull it out, it doesn't seem to have any product on it except at the tip, but when you brush it on, WOW, I see my lashes. So that's pretty impressive. I think the neck of the bottle does a good job on distributing the formula to the brush, in that you don't have to wipe anything extra off. Can you imagine if you have to, this thing is so bloody expensive!! I usually put 5-6 coats on, trust me, I need it. Then I curl it, even at the risk of pulling my lashes out. I will definitely buy this one again, unless I find a cheap substitute at drugstores. I need to go back to re-examine Full&Soft by Maybelline after I'm done with this. I've forgot how it was like... but so many MUA gals are swearing by it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by yasmean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I visited Sephora today. A SA talked me into trying it. I was reluctant. I told the SA that no way it was as good as I'd heard. He just said "wait and see." So he put it on, I looked in the mirror.... AND WAS BLOWN AWAY. My eyelashes looked fake. I kid you not. I am naturally blessed with long lashes, but I still love the dramatic look. This mascara was Drama Drama Drama. Needless to say I bought the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by tinachen0401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely adore this mascara. I'm Asian so my lashes are thin and sparce. This is the only mascara I've tried (other than Awake, which costs just as much) that gives me full, thick, fabulous lashes. Nothing has comes close!

I've wasted a lot of money trying cheaper brands because it's so expensive! But eventually end up going back to Dior. I'm definetly going to stick with it this time and splurge a little.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 11:00:00 AM More reviews by mel2

Omg, Got this this morning and my lashes must go about twice the length they are!!! Looks like I have false eyelashes on and I only put on 2 layers, Wouldn't dare put on another layer lol. Had the YSL version b4 this and that was crap compared to this.
Is expensive but I buy my make up from www.lapreya.com and it's only 14 off there