December 20, 2014 | 1754 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I will admit that I am cheap when it comes to mascara. I have wimpy Asian eyelashes that need all the thickening and lengthening they can get, but I wasn't ready to shell out $23 for a mascara that I wasn't sure would work. So when Sephora was giving out a deluxe sample of Diorshow, I jumped on the opportunity. I have to say that I am very pleased. My lashes are sparse, but there was NO clumping whatsoever. My lashes were separated and lengthened, although they did not keep a curl as well as I would've liked. I love the smell of rosewater too, so that's a plus for me. This and MF 2000 calorie are my favorite mascaras, and I'd definitely consider purchasing the full size.

UPDATE 09/18 - I have been using this for the past four days and every day an eye or both eyes water uncontrollably. I think something in this mascara is to blame, because when I was using my MF prior to getting this I didn't have this problem. It could also be weather-related but I doubt it since it's not allergy season. Oh well, I guess I won't be shelling out $23 for watery eyes anytime soon! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2007 1:46:00 AM More reviews by rbella

I was really surprised when I purchased this product. I had heard so many great things about it. I bought it at the Sephora boutique in our mall. When I opened it up for the first use it seemed to already be clumping in the tube. It didn't go on easily and definitely didn't lengthen my lashes. Will stick with my Girlactik mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by CNoel

After all the hype in magazines and elsewhere, I wasn't too impressed with this. It's not bad, but just not all that great either. I have naturally long lashes, and this didn't do much for them. I was looking for more of a dramatic, going-out look, and instead I just got another mascara for day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

I think this mascara is overrated! Not dramatic, nothing to solicit a "what kind of mascara do you use?". I still prefer YSL's faux cils and Loreal's Voluminous over this mascara. And to top it off, the brush is kind of bulky and awkward. *sigh*

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jillmoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, this product is good. It gives my eyelash a big volume . It doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by tigrelis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Asian eyes, so about half the length of my lashes are covered by my eyelids (errr...) This is the only mascara that really makes it look like I'm wearing any / have any eyelashes! I received a trial size in the mail and am now addicted.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

Excellent mascara! Extra big brush gets to every lash and formula is pretty much clump free. I have oily lids (being Asian) but still at the end of the day the mascara is still where it should be- on my lashes, not all over my face. However, the noir color is not really that noir, it's more like a dark brown, but that doesn't really bother me as I have black lashes anyways. Works for the everyday look (1 coat) or going out look (2 coats). Really lengthens and volumizes the lashes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Well I've heard other people hype this up to heaven but remained somewhat sceptical. Thick, full lashes with one sweep? Are they for real?

Yes is the short answer. One coat of this DIOR SHOW mascara is all you need for dramatic volume and length. As for two coats - whoa! The full on fake lashes effect takes hold for nights out.

On the minus side; it is hard to remove, and the clogs up rather quickly (1 month). I love the results, but I wouldn't re-buy this; for the price I expect this mascara to last for longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by marcela_p

This mascara is definately the ultimate, for me: it works like no other, I've tried others but I keep coming back for Diorshow, it's so much better than any other mascara...it does have a non-natural look, but I'm into over the top lashes. The paint is very very black and covers all the lashes, also, my lashes get super long and curled, and never clumpy, they always get very brushed, which is great. The brush is, indeed very big, but it doesn't bother me - my second Diorshow mascara I got in a duty free shop in an airport and, it was a different version: Diorshow Unlimited, the packaging is a bit less thick and the brush, too, but I think the formula's the same since it does work just like the regular one. Anyway, I'm never trying another mascara in my life - I did, but nothing works quite like Diorshow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 5:39:00 AM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does not satisfy me... considering that it is Dior and that it's mentioned quite often on the magazines, i thought it would really deliver. However, it doesn't do anything special for me.. i think i'm going to try Anna Sui's mascara next since MUA rated it so high...