Dior Diorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 10/3/2007 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this mascara. I've been using it for 2 years now, and have never had an urge to change. Works way better than Black Out, or any of the other Dior mascaras. I recently tried out Benefit's Bad Gal, and it is nothing compared to Dior Show, I couldn't believe how disappointed I was in it. So, coming from someone who has tried mostly every mascara out there, this one is definately a staple in my bag, and will be for a longgg time. Constantly get compliments on how fake my eyelashes look. Love love love this!

on 10/2/2007 5:25:00 PM

I was so excited to try this, after hearing all the rave reviews. But, I have never worn something that has irritated my eyes the way this has. They are not, as a rule, and I wear mascara every single day. Within about half an hour of putting this on my eyes were tearing and red and the lids felt really heavy. I tried it again a few days later and the same effect. I'm sad... I really wanted to like this. Laura Mercier mascara gives me more definition and thickness. I'll be sticking with that.

on 10/2/2007 2:52:00 AM

Gave me raccoon eyes!! It smudged...will not buy again.

on 10/1/2007 12:18:00 AM

Ohh, I love the big fat brush! I love this mascara and I will always buy it when I want to pamper myself to a little something . It really makes my eyelashes long and lush.

on 9/30/2007 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I loved the way this mascara went on but after a couple applications I had a horrible reaction to it. No fun! Now that my eyes aren't red and swollen I can wear mascara again and found Benefit's Bad Gal Lash -- goes on just as nicely. :)

on 9/30/2007 8:38:00 PM

The first time or two I used this product, I did have decent lashes but the results quickly diminished. I'm not sure what the story is--maybe the formula is affected by contact with air but who knows?

Overtime it became just average and didn't give me the giant, fat lashes I was expecting. The tube also dries kind of quickly. The lady at the Dior Counter told me their new version (Unlimited, I think she meant?) would be better for my skinny lashes but I doubt I'll purchase it.

Just as a disclaimer, I have trouble finding a mascara that works for me and I didn't like Great Lash either despite all the makeup artists that supposedly love it. So you might have better luck. As it is, I'm sticking with Lancome.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on my second tube of DiorShow. The first experience I had was about 2 years ago and I purchased the DiorShow Waterproof and had great results for about a week, as my tube dried up quickly and it gave me crusty, spider lashes.

The wand is big and doesn't seem to grab all the little hairs, making my lashes look sticky in spots and bare in others. After the waterproof dried up I re-purchased the plain, 'ol DiorShow. Same results were had.

I use it everyday, mind you, so it's not all terrible . . it's just not worth the hype. And it falls and rubs off quickly to give you the nice trailer park bride look. I will probably use this mascara until I find I'm happy with. But I'm starting to think good mascara is a myth.

-Cate

on 9/29/2007 4:31:00 PM

I have tried many different mascaras in the search of the perfect mascara. This mascara does not live up to the hype. If you want long beautiful lashes, use Definicils

on 9/28/2007 6:18:00 PM

The first week i used Diorshow, it was GREAT. I'd never seen such great lashes. I even went out and bought another tube in a different color. A few weeks later, the tube has dried out and now its just like any other mascara, especially a few hours after I apply it. :-(

on 9/28/2007 2:57:00 PM

Why didn't I buy this stuff sooner? I honestly don't know what all the complaints are about. This is the best mascara I've ever used--hands down. I've tried every mascara imaginable, it seems. Everything flakes, clumps, smears, etc. Lately, I've been having issues with flaking. I can't count how many different formulas I've used in the past few months!
The price is a tad bit daft, but for the results I get, I really don't care.
The results? Long, plump, feathery lashes. I apply starting at the base, wriggling the brush back and forth. I honestly get the same results with this as I do with false lashes. It stays put-- in fact, I have to use olive oil at night to remove it (otherwise it won't budge). No, this isn't the waterproof formula.
I dig the big brush, as well.
I find I have to put a little more on than I have before with all the other mascaras I use... but then again, when I remove the wand from the tube, it's not all gloppy and disgusting.

Video Reviews & Tutorials