October 2, 2014 | 1789 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by KH100

I wanted to like the product so badly, but ultimately, it just doesn't do it for me. If you have the right skin for it, it really can make your skin look flawless. However, if you have even the slightest patch of dryness on your skin this foundation will accentuate it making your skin look awful. Also, I found that it dries very quickly,making it hard to blend. What I did like about the product is the packaging. I love the sleek, plastic bottle and the pump. Also a great color selection, I found that the 110 was the absolute perfect match for my skin color. However, I defiantly won't be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by bunniee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I avoided wearing foundation for years because I hated how it looked and felt on my skin, especially as I got older. This one provides nice coverage but doesn't leave me feeling like I'm wearing a mask. It also doesn't seem to accentuate lines and wrinkles, which is a plus.

The only downside is it's ridiculously expensive. I don't buy a lot of high-end products though, so I don't mind splurging on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sarahhasheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my every day foundation. I have some acne scars/blemishes and this combined with the Make Up Forever brand concealer, I fill they disappear. I have very pale skin and wear the 110 shade normally. I accidentally bought shade 114 the last time I was at Sephora and I was surprised that I'm still able to wear even this shade because I'm able to blend it so well. I have pretty oily/acne prone skin and this foundation (unlike others, drugstore brands & Lancome/Clinique) doesn't make my skin more oily. It also lasts quite a while on the skin, I'd say 10-12 hours (with loose powder on top). I realise this might be to expensive for some to wear all the time, but after wears of trying to find something to take the redness out of my skin and cover my acne scars I feel like this product is worth it. I swear by it and will continue to wear it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by teal116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is fantastic! There are so many shades to select from and it blends very smoothly onto the skin. I use to wear BE, but then I just happened to be in Sephora and the MA tried it on me...it was amazing. In pictures, your skin will look flawless. It hasn't broken me out either...which is a plus! I'm normally a NC32-NC35 for MAC and the color I use is in this foundation is #123 which is perfect. My process is the following: I put lotion on first, then use 1-2 pumps all over my face and then brush a little MAC Select Sheer Powder over it. I don't use concealer because this foundation is 'buildable'. So you can apply more to specific 'problem' areas if needed for more coverage. The price is just a little expensive ($40)...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by smarie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I think my first bottle is getting low and I am freaking out a little because I can't live w/o this stuff (now is not the best time to shell out $40 for mu for me:( ).

But, this is my HG foundation for sure. It doesn't break me out. It makes my skin look gorgeous and even. It is very buildable and hides blemishes and imperfections well (although I still use concealer over this). I think it sinks in well and is very natural looking. I use the CS silica powder over this and my skin looks beautiful.

I apply with my MAC 187 brush--first I stipple it on and then I lightly brush in a circular motion and it really looks great. I did recently switch to a drier ss/moisturizer and have noticed that I need to work this in more or it looks splotchy, but it's still worth the extra effort. I hope this bottle lasts me another few weeks (or at least until my next payday!!!-

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received my MUFE HD #115 in a swap, as I am a MAC NC 15 and I found it matched me perfectly! :) I rarely enjoy liquid foundations but I really like the fact that it has a pump and is easy to distribute just a small amount. It's very soft and smooth going on, I apply mine with a foundation brush and blend out with a wedge sponge. Feels light & I've had no problems with it! Definitely a great product. I use it with the HD primer & powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by cheesemonkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my god... it would NEVER have occurred to me to apply this with a kabuki brush until I read some of the reviews here on MakeupAlley, but voilà! I rushed into the bathroom to try this brilliant idea with my handy kabuki brush. I was amazed at the polish, finish, and coverage I achieved on my first try with this over the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel stuff (which I also discovered through a review here on MUA).

I have splotchy skin with the character and texture of the moon's surface (okay, maybe slightly less pockmarked) but the MUFE HD foundation in shade 117 applied with the kabuki brush made me look smooth and polished.

I am super-pale with yellow/orange undertones, but this color looks fantastic.

I should also note that I always have one zit or another somewhere on my face in various stages of healing. This foundation made my skin look wonderful, natural, smooth. I did not even use any concealer, figuring why draw further attention to the natural flaws? I just left them as they were and let the MUFE HD foundation do the rest.

I was feeling discouraged about this product but not any more! I now love the way it looks and I look forward to playing with getting better coverage and texture using the kabuki brush.

I can now go out in public and face the world.

Thank you to the geniuses here who recommended the use of this tool. I am nominating you for the Nobel Prize in Makeup, so please be expecting a call from Sweden in the wee early hours of the morning.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict830

I decided to pick up a sample of this product after reading so many "great" reviews and after testing it out, frankly I was very disappointed. My skin isn't that bad-some acne scars and slight redness around the nose but this foundation didn't cover any of this. If anything it made my skin look dry and my blackheads more noticeable.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is just way too overhyped, I agree. I'm currently searching for a new foundation and tried this one along with a few others at Sephora. Well, it settled on a skin imperfection and highlighted the flakiness. Other than that, it felt like any other liquid foundation. Plus, it squirted onto my shirt because the pump was clogged. Sure, it has a nice selection of colors, but I just don't get what is so special about this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by lissa81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very pale and I use shade 110. I have been using this foundation for about a week, and it has not made me break out (and *everything* makes me break out.) It is very thick so you don't need a lot and you do need to blend well. I apply it with the Sonia Kashuk little blue peep sponge! Yesterday, my husband looked at me and said "Your skin looks really good-are you using something different on it?" and he almost never notices stuff like that, so this one so far is a winner. I like the pump packaging. It is expensive, I think, but I am willing to pay if it works, and so far it does.