October 24, 2014 | 1787 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by firebirdrocket65

I must say, I did get sucked into trying this in Sephora because of the hype, however I'm very glad I did. Rarely do I find a foundation that is light enough for my skin tone but this did it! Easily the best in terms of finding my color.

I love the coverage as well. Since it's buildable, I can build the coverage from a sheer to full, which is great. I apply this with a stippling brush and then smooth out any lines with a sponge.

The packaging is great. Because it has a pump it is easy to get the right amount of product and the bottle is clear so you know when you are running low.

The only negative thing is that it doesn't hold up to the oil slick called my face. By the end of the day my face is extremely shiny and this does not do a good job in terms of controlling oil.

Overall, I love this stuff. It is so natural looking and I feel so pretty when I have it on. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by blipd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to try this foundation makeup. I'm writing in response to those who've commented about not being able to wear foundation with sunscreen if you'll be photographed. I was curious about it and then someone said it was because you look chalky. If you know Paula Begoun's work you'll know that chalkiness only comes from makeup containing physical sunscreens like titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. The avobenzone containing foundations won't give you a chalky look. I haven't been happy with any of the foundations with td or zd because they always seem to give my skin a whitish cast.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by polleepocket

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I didn't wear foundation for the longest time, late into my 20's actually is when I started. I noticed my skin wasn't as nice as i thought it used to be. I just couldn't stand the feeling of foundation on my skin. I started using UD surreal and then BE, but I needed something with more coverage and better staying power. Most of the liquids with better coverage just felt heavy and cakey.

I have been using MUFE HD in 118 flesh for 3 months now on a daily basis. I use it with MUFE HD primer in 0 neutral and apply with a MAC 187. (I was not a big fan of the look when applied with my fingers or a sponge.) I am very pleased! It does not feel heavy or cakey. I do not have an issue now with excess oil on my forehead. I do not find the need for powder over top. I work 12hr night shifts and it holds up from 5pm to 8am when I wash it off. It has a sanitary pump and I only need 2 pumps to cover my entire face. My only beef is you cannot tell how much product is left in the bottle.

I am only hoping that it holds up as well in the humid summer. I will def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Fusion588

This is the best foundation that I have ever tried. I never had good luck with any types of foundation. The problem that I found with foundation are 1. It gets oily or flake out after a few hours. 2. If you think you have the perfect match in color indoor, wait till you get outside. 3. Everyone can tell that you are wearing foundation, so you must have something to hide on your face??!! 4. If the foundation feel good and light, it doesn't cover anything..... If the foundation covers well, you feel like you are wearing a mask. I can go on and on about all the problems with foundation, but with the Make Up Forever HD Foundation, it fixed everything. I put on the foundation 8 am in the morning and take it off after 10 pm, it has not turned my face oily nor flake out on me. This foundation has the magic, so your face holds the same shade indoor or outdoor, sun or no sun, yellow or white lighting. This foundation feels like you are not wearing any at all, but yet, it covers all the flaws like magic. Making you look absolutely flawless.But the best part is........ you look so natural, you don't even look like you are wearing foundation. I also like this foundation because it lights up you completion, but you do not look or feel oily. your skin looks so healthy and it glows. All I have to say is..... "I Love Make Up Forever HD Foundation!!!" I also use the HD Primer, and the HD translucent finishing powder. This is the best combination I have ever found. Thank you Make Up Forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by jessicablair13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

k so i bought this product cause all the hype.... yeah well not very hd is it. i can tell its on my face. I'm being generous with the rating cause i heard it applies better with a brush and i never tried it that way also...foundations rarely look good on me so that's another reason that i may not have liked it a lot. Trust me there is better ones. and the pump pumps way too much out. To me i can tell its on my face and it shows my dry spots a lot and that wont cut it for me i want it to look very natural / like i don't have foundation on and it says it would but it doesn't. Like I want something that isn't as heavy as it is. I can feel it and its not very natural kinda cakey. i moved onto powders for now!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by angel111

After trying so many different kinds of foundation, I had almost given up until I heard all the buzz about this and decided to try it for myself.
I bought it in 117 along with the hd powder and primer. I use all three together and the result is flawless looking natural skin.
This foundation really does look invisible, while still providing full coverage. It also comes in a lot of different shades, so it should be easy for someone to find a shade that works for them. I personally found a perfect match for my skintone.
And this foundation does not contain SPF, which I actually like (I am all for skin protection but I tend to stay away from foundations containing SPF when I know that there will be pictures taken because the flash causes me to look ghost like)
To sum this review up, I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!!! And I will definitly repurchase
*EDIT*- After wearing this for almost a month now, I realize that although I love the natural looking coverage, this foundation is not HG for me. It seems to be drying my skin and then accentuating the dryness. I will probably use this in the summer or on special events but it definitly isn't an everyday foundation for me

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by InColor

This is an amazing product. I've been using Everyday Minerals for the past 2 years..and I've noticed that due to the use of a retinol, my skin has always turned out flakey by the end of the day and powder foundations just seemed to accentuate the flakes 100X more. Ever since the transition from mineral foundation to this one, there is a huge difference in how natural the coverage looks. It blends unbelievably well, does not cause breakouts, and gives your skin a more natural look rather than looking like make up is there. Great buildable coverage. In terms of lasting power, it lasts just as well as mineral powder depending on the time of the month because some days I'm just oilier. I just need to find a loose powder that can tackle that problem. I'm definitely eyeing the shu uemara loose powder in that dept. Anyhow...I bought mine at Sears and it seems to be cheaper than Sephora. Last time I remember, Sephora was selling this foundation for 56$CAD! I paid 43$CAD at sears! As much as I love Sephora..how can there be such a big difference between prices!? Anyways...great foundation! love love love! I'm using the 140 and it's not exactly a perfect match because I coordinate with my neck but it's close enough!

EDIT:Sephora now sells this foundation for the same price as sears $43 CAD but I still remember them selling it for 56$ coz they had a sticker over the actual listed price! ugh

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by KH100

I wanted to like the product so badly, but ultimately, it just doesn't do it for me. If you have the right skin for it, it really can make your skin look flawless. However, if you have even the slightest patch of dryness on your skin this foundation will accentuate it making your skin look awful. Also, I found that it dries very quickly,making it hard to blend. What I did like about the product is the packaging. I love the sleek, plastic bottle and the pump. Also a great color selection, I found that the 110 was the absolute perfect match for my skin color. However, I defiantly won't be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by bunniee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I avoided wearing foundation for years because I hated how it looked and felt on my skin, especially as I got older. This one provides nice coverage but doesn't leave me feeling like I'm wearing a mask. It also doesn't seem to accentuate lines and wrinkles, which is a plus.

The only downside is it's ridiculously expensive. I don't buy a lot of high-end products though, so I don't mind splurging on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sarahhasheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my every day foundation. I have some acne scars/blemishes and this combined with the Make Up Forever brand concealer, I fill they disappear. I have very pale skin and wear the 110 shade normally. I accidentally bought shade 114 the last time I was at Sephora and I was surprised that I'm still able to wear even this shade because I'm able to blend it so well. I have pretty oily/acne prone skin and this foundation (unlike others, drugstore brands & Lancome/Clinique) doesn't make my skin more oily. It also lasts quite a while on the skin, I'd say 10-12 hours (with loose powder on top). I realise this might be to expensive for some to wear all the time, but after wears of trying to find something to take the redness out of my skin and cover my acne scars I feel like this product is worth it. I swear by it and will continue to wear it everyday.