July 29, 2014 | 2118 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by chrissy14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have breakouts on my chin and this product helps cover my breakouts and make them less noticeable. I mean i dosnt cover them all the way but it takes away the redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by lovemedina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BE foundation is the BEST foundation I have ever used. It is never cakey, it never creases, it does not rub off and it lasts all day. It does not LOOK like I have any foundation on at all. I will say that now that I have been using it for some time and have experimented, the idea of” less is more” when using this product definitely holds true. When I first started using it I was using way too much thinking it couldn’t possibly cover with the amount suggested, but I was wrong. I have learned the layering technique of using only a little amount of the different products available to achieve flawless looking skin. The only complaint that I would have (and this is for all BE products) is that the sifter allows too much powder to collect in the top of the pot so if you are not careful it can get messy. I must say I am in LOVE with BE products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by pixiesdust13

I have been using my SKII spray foundation for months now and yes, it is my HG. However, it was getting a little too costly and I'm suffering from a bad breakout spell now... so I thought BE and my complexion would make great allies in my breakout war. Oh yeah, I'm taking dance classes four days a week and the sweat and chemicals just might team up against my complexion. I was about to give up on BE when I had a slight orange mask-like cast on my face and exaggerated dryness and bumps to go along, however I talked to a Sephora rep and she helped me out. First off, I returned the kit because the light was waaay too dark and I prefer to use my own bronzer, concealer brush and powder brush (all from Sephora) instead. So I bought the $25 full size fairly light 1.2 and juice beauty's tinted spf moisturizer (comparable to Clinique's tinted superdefense) and I'm a new born believer. I apply my juice beauty moisturizer (let it soak in), then my JB tinted spf, use my concealer brush to cover up my bumps and imperfections and then dip my powder brush in the foundation and lightly buff it in. I do like this better than everyday minerals (maybe I never found the right color). I just have to be careful, because if I apply too many coats I can look cakey. So hopefully when my acne goes away I will like this stuff even better. P.S. I love the "meet the browns" eye shadow kit and the gold eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2007 3:44:00 AM More reviews by MelissaAnnDurham

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used Bare Minerals for about a year, but recently stopped because I am so sick of it getting EVERYWHERE. However, the makeup did what it is supposed to do- it provided great coverage for my splotchy, red combination/sensitive skin. I even used it on my wedding day in combination with Aura Science Recoup cream, and my pictures turned out wonderfully. It might have also been the "blushing bride glow," but I had so many compliments that day on how great my skin looked. Having people tell me that was a great feeling, because I have always had rosacea (spelling?) and NO ( I repeat: NO!) foundation or powder other than this product has been able to let me have the flawless, glowing skin I've always wanted.
As I previously mentioned, I stopped using this product about a month ago, not because it wasn't working but because it makes such a huge mess. I tried everything I could to contain the mess- using it in the bathtub, putting down a big towel, etc- but I have bad allergies, and so does my husband, and the foundation powder stuff just seems to stick and cling to EVERYTHING- I had a huge beige ring around my sink forever! Also, I have to wear a white shirt to work, so messy makeup that I can't touch up without a problem is a no-no. I would for sure return to using this product if they would put it in a dispenser similar to the push-button ones that Almay and Maybelline are now using, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by katield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very meh. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. It does what any foundation is supposed to do and doesn't do it particularly well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rpgoodwin

Bare Minerals was a failed experiment for me. I have oily skin with large pores and it just looked bad on me - by the time I put on enough to cover flaws and redness I looked all powdery. It didn't last well and quick retouches are impossible. It was such a huge, messy, time-consuming ordeal to put on and WAY expensive once I bought the powder, concealer, mineral veil, brushes, etc. etc.
Most damning of all, though - it gave me terrible cystic acne. I mean the big painful red mounds that last for months and have to be lanced and extracted by a dermatologist. All the bare minerals products do this, even the Primer. Boo Hiss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not usually a fan of powder foundations, but I really like using Bare Minerals. I like that you can build the coverage to make it as sheer or as heavy as you need, all without it ever feeling cakey or heavy. The color selection isn't all that great and they tend to leave me a little on the orange side, but I find that if I mix the foundation with Mineral Veil, then it sheers it out and makes it more neutral.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2007 5:42:00 AM More reviews by meepo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this a few times at most, and then I had to stop because I began breaking out ALLLL over my face and it became extremely and painfully itchy, red, and irritated. This has NEVER happened to me before. I finally couldn't stand it and walked into a beauty store in search of a remedy, and as soon as the SA saw me, she immediately told me that my skin looks irritated and suggested that I stop using whatever I'm using. After I stopped, my skin looks a whole lot better again. That was an experience in my skin's history that is painful just to think about, and I definitely do not want to put myself through it again by using this.

Also it doesn't look that natural, it makes my skin look old, if that makes sense at all. It's messy as heck too!

EDIT: I've discovered that a significant cause of the irritation may have been from prickliness of the Flawless Face brush (<--terrible, TERRIBLE brush!!). I have been trying out different brushes, like the Coastal Scents buffer brush which is a lot softer and gives better application, and I am having much more luck with mineral makeup in general.. However I'm still unsure about whether I will repurchase this, as I have bad memories..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I never, ever wear foundation, but my Halloween costume (ca 1940s film noir-style femme fatale) demads that I bring the sexy-glam-old school face, so I thought I'd spring for some spackle. Since I fear foundation, I opted for the Bare Minerals because I used to use Mineral Veil as a mattifying powder in the summers and knew that it 1) wouldn't cause breakouts or rashes and 2) wouldn't feel horrible. I obsessed in Ulta for about 1/2 hour, between light and fairly light, using (gads, I know) the back of my hand. But I checked in the store light and I checked in the sunlight and . . . I couldn't see the light - it blended very well. So I bought it. Now, perhaps it is because I never wear foundation and am, therefore, unused to seeing my face all one color (I have rosey cheeks, which this obliterates) but this stuff makes me look weird. I feel that it makes me too sallow -- which would seem to indicate that I chose the incorrect shade. But at the same time, it totally blends in. So I don't know if there are some really sneakily raging yellow tones in this, or if my skin is just appallingly sallow when presented in a uniform shade, without being broken up by my natural cheek color. I did apply blush, which helped of course, but still didn't quite . . . work. Also, it does settle into my forehead creases and I feel it makes the pores between my eyebrows look unsettlingly large. Other than that, the finish is kind of nice, in that it is not freakishly matte, and yet this, too, I find to be a bit "off" -- because it isn't exactly dewey or fresh, either. All in all, it strikes me as ironically unnatural in both tone and finish. And while it does not give me the customary feeling of "my face is suffocating!!!" that I have experienced with past foundation attempts, it does make my face feel (again) weird, if I happen to touch it. I'm not super impressed, I wouldn't buy it again -- but then I don't think I'll buy any non-Halloween foundation again and will, instead, stik to my regularly scheduled routine of fresh face with a touch of blush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I agree with others-I don't think this works at all for those with fair skin. It always looks like a miracle product when you see the commercial, but it's just SO obvious when I have it on my skin. It's very overpriced, in my opinion.