September 1, 2014 | 1392 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by kschoice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ehhh...This mascara is so-so. I purchased a tube of it the other day. I should've read the reviews here before I even bought it. There's days where my lashes look long & thick, then there's those days where they look clumpy and flat. I'm not really a big fan of big brushes b/c they tend to touch my skin and end up messing my MU. Hey, does anyone know of a good mascara that holds curl and adds volume to thin lashes? PLMK. I've been searching for a while now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by kilomike1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not all that - it is not waterproof at all. It gave me quite a scare at my wedding.
However I do feel sexy when I do two coats !

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by kladd

For the price and hype I expected this product to at least be ok. I was wrong, it clumps and flakes off. It's really hard to apply since it doesn't provide any kind of seraption of the lashes. Also my tube started smelling bad within a week :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

I finally swapped for this mascara that has been talked about so much, and I must say....I don't get the hype! Maybe it's the name of Christian Dior, but to me this mascara did not excite me as I hoped it would. I have very thin and sparse eyelashes, perhaps my Asian hereditary is to blame, but either way I have used less exepensive and better mascaras. First, I like the fact that it does not clump, and that the scent it has **someone said Rose water?** is pleasing to my nose, but that's about it. I had to literally put on 4-5 coats to make my top lashes defined, too much work. They didn't look dramatically different, but the bottom lashes were easy to define w/ this mascara...unlike Shiseido's The Makeup Lasting Curl. It didn't flake or smudge, but I like thicker, longer lashes, and this doesn't do it for me. I'm glad I swapped for it rather than shell out the $20+ for it..for the time being I'll stick w/ my EL Maganscopic mascara or my Bourjois Volume Pumping mascara instead :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I will admit that I am cheap when it comes to mascara. I have wimpy Asian eyelashes that need all the thickening and lengthening they can get, but I wasn't ready to shell out $23 for a mascara that I wasn't sure would work. So when Sephora was giving out a deluxe sample of Diorshow, I jumped on the opportunity. I have to say that I am very pleased. My lashes are sparse, but there was NO clumping whatsoever. My lashes were separated and lengthened, although they did not keep a curl as well as I would've liked. I love the smell of rosewater too, so that's a plus for me. This and MF 2000 calorie are my favorite mascaras, and I'd definitely consider purchasing the full size.

UPDATE 09/18 - I have been using this for the past four days and every day an eye or both eyes water uncontrollably. I think something in this mascara is to blame, because when I was using my MF prior to getting this I didn't have this problem. It could also be weather-related but I doubt it since it's not allergy season. Oh well, I guess I won't be shelling out $23 for watery eyes anytime soon! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2007 1:46:00 AM More reviews by rbella

I was really surprised when I purchased this product. I had heard so many great things about it. I bought it at the Sephora boutique in our mall. When I opened it up for the first use it seemed to already be clumping in the tube. It didn't go on easily and definitely didn't lengthen my lashes. Will stick with my Girlactik mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by CNoel

After all the hype in magazines and elsewhere, I wasn't too impressed with this. It's not bad, but just not all that great either. I have naturally long lashes, and this didn't do much for them. I was looking for more of a dramatic, going-out look, and instead I just got another mascara for day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

I think this mascara is overrated! Not dramatic, nothing to solicit a "what kind of mascara do you use?". I still prefer YSL's faux cils and Loreal's Voluminous over this mascara. And to top it off, the brush is kind of bulky and awkward. *sigh*

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jillmoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, this product is good. It gives my eyelash a big volume . It doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by tigrelis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Asian eyes, so about half the length of my lashes are covered by my eyelids (errr...) This is the only mascara that really makes it look like I'm wearing any / have any eyelashes! I received a trial size in the mail and am now addicted.