Dior Diorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 10/7/2007 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is very good overall. It provides volume and length. No clumps, no racoon eyes. Doesn't last too long. I am still in search of a great mascara but this one is good.
I am taking 1 lippie because after using it for a few weeks by mid morning there were smears and smudges under my eyes.

on 10/7/2007 4:56:00 PM

If this mascara was waterproof I would give it a 5. It does give you long and lenghty eyelashes as advertised. My lancome hypnose WP does the same performance as the diorshow. I will only buy it again if dior comes up with a WP one.

I have tried quite a few different mascaras but this is the one I always come back to, despite my resenting the price! I have really terrible eyelashes and this makes them look really beautiful. It doesn't clump or smudge and the brush is a really lovely full brush.

on 10/6/2007 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I do like this stuff and I gave it 5 stars, b/c it really is a great mascara. I simply can't spend 23 dollars on it though, and I hate it when ppl dock points off a product b/c it's expensive even if it WORKS. Anyways, this stuff is definitely awesome. If you want to maximize it's potential, gently wipe the brush on a tissue before you apply it, especially the tip of the brush. Then, tilt your head up and place the wand at the base of your lashes. I usually wiggle it there for about 10 seconds and keep wiggling it as I go up. DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO QUICKLY SWIPE YOUR MASCARA ON YOUR LASHES, THAT IS A DIRECT ROUTE TO CLUMP CITY. I always hear ppl complaining about clumpy mascara and they apply it completely wrong. This stuff, applied correctly, will make you look like a doe-eyed deer with lashes that create a wind when you blink.

I love this mascara. It lengthens, defines and volumizes my lashes without looking clumpy...what more can I ask for? I couldn't give it a perfect score though because the packaging is a bit faulty. The rim on the top of my first tube popped off but I took it back to the store where I purchased it (Holt Renfrew in Canada) and they exchanged it 'with pleasure!' I haven't had any problems with the new tube so Dior may have fixed the problem. This is my HG mascara.

on 10/6/2007 1:04:00 AM

I really really love this mascara. I am a big believer in drugstore brands and good cheapies, so I couldn't believe how good this mascara is. I first used various Lancome mascaras, and they were extremely waxy and my lashes drooped. Then for years throughout college I was only using Maybelline since everyone raved about them. I so wanted them to be my HG but they made my eyes itch so bad that my opthamalogist said my eyes were inflamed! Then I got a sample of this and other Dior products in the mail as part of Teen Vogue's It Girls. LOL, I was like I'm not even a teen anymore, and I still have no idea how they found my school address but whatever.

So what makes this so good? First the giant brush, never had I had such a great mascara brush, it fully coats every lash in 1 stroke. With every other brand I would have to dab a bit here, dab a bit there to get all my lashes that grew at different angles.

The formula doesn't seem waxy at all to me, doesn't get into my eyes and itch them and it does seem to extend them and not make them droop right after applying them.

Bad? The price. I HATE that something so good is so damn expensive ~$30 and if it werent for the free sample I've been milking for months now, I wouldn't have ever tried it. But damn you Dior marketing, you've actually got a good product and got me hooked! I think this might have to be on my Christmas/Birthday list!

on 10/3/2007 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this mascara. I've been using it for 2 years now, and have never had an urge to change. Works way better than Black Out, or any of the other Dior mascaras. I recently tried out Benefit's Bad Gal, and it is nothing compared to Dior Show, I couldn't believe how disappointed I was in it. So, coming from someone who has tried mostly every mascara out there, this one is definately a staple in my bag, and will be for a longgg time. Constantly get compliments on how fake my eyelashes look. Love love love this!

on 10/2/2007 5:25:00 PM

I was so excited to try this, after hearing all the rave reviews. But, I have never worn something that has irritated my eyes the way this has. They are not, as a rule, and I wear mascara every single day. Within about half an hour of putting this on my eyes were tearing and red and the lids felt really heavy. I tried it again a few days later and the same effect. I'm sad... I really wanted to like this. Laura Mercier mascara gives me more definition and thickness. I'll be sticking with that.

on 10/2/2007 2:52:00 AM

Gave me raccoon eyes!! It smudged...will not buy again.

on 10/1/2007 12:18:00 AM

Ohh, I love the big fat brush! I love this mascara and I will always buy it when I want to pamper myself to a little something . It really makes my eyelashes long and lush.

Video Reviews & Tutorials