Dior Diorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 10/10/2007 10:25:00 AM

I will never ever leave this mascara. The more layers you add, the better it looks - never fake or clotty. Add Blackout on top for extra dark thick lashes (but blackout by itself isn't that great).

(NB I'm a former Lancome mascara addict and never thought I'd find anything better. O how wrong I was.)

on 10/10/2007 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It smudges !!! Thats probably the most disappointing thing about Diorshow. The brush is odd... its really big for a mascara wand and that needed a little getting use to. But other than that... i agree with the raves about it giving fabulous volume. I have very sparse lashes and it just does wonders............ but the damn thing smudges!!! why~~~~

on 10/9/2007 10:03:00 PM

Well, I normally use Lancome Hypnose, but I decided to try something different. I started noticing a few eyelashes falling out after about a week, then after two weeks, I lost about 5 while applying it in the morning from just one eye! My eyelashes have fallen out before but never ever that much, I actually have a decent sized bald patch on one eye where my eyelashes USED to be. And I have always gotten comments on how nice my lashes are. I went back in to just casually ask about people having thier lashes fall out and the woman actually laughed and said "no!". Then after I told her mine had begun to fall out she said it could be due to my eye cream, but I dont use any eye cream on my upper lid at all. So maybe I have some rare eye lash disease, or Diorshow is not a good mascara.

on 10/9/2007 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am happy with my Lancome L'Extreme which really lengthens my pitiful typical Asian lashes and thus deserves a seven out of ten. I am also happy with my YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils which really volumizes my pitiful typical Asian lashes and deserves an eight out of ten because of the beautiful color. With Diorshow, I will give it a 9.5 out of 10 because this is nothing short of a miracle. My sparse, thin, straight & short Asian lashes become lush, visible and curled for an entire 13 hours! It does not smudge and can be easily removed with a eye makeup remover. What else can you expect from a mascara? My only complaint is the steep price here in HK! Try it and you'll know what I mean.

on 10/7/2007 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is very good overall. It provides volume and length. No clumps, no racoon eyes. Doesn't last too long. I am still in search of a great mascara but this one is good.
I am taking 1 lippie because after using it for a few weeks by mid morning there were smears and smudges under my eyes.

on 10/7/2007 4:56:00 PM

If this mascara was waterproof I would give it a 5. It does give you long and lenghty eyelashes as advertised. My lancome hypnose WP does the same performance as the diorshow. I will only buy it again if dior comes up with a WP one.

I have tried quite a few different mascaras but this is the one I always come back to, despite my resenting the price! I have really terrible eyelashes and this makes them look really beautiful. It doesn't clump or smudge and the brush is a really lovely full brush.

on 10/6/2007 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I do like this stuff and I gave it 5 stars, b/c it really is a great mascara. I simply can't spend 23 dollars on it though, and I hate it when ppl dock points off a product b/c it's expensive even if it WORKS. Anyways, this stuff is definitely awesome. If you want to maximize it's potential, gently wipe the brush on a tissue before you apply it, especially the tip of the brush. Then, tilt your head up and place the wand at the base of your lashes. I usually wiggle it there for about 10 seconds and keep wiggling it as I go up. DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO QUICKLY SWIPE YOUR MASCARA ON YOUR LASHES, THAT IS A DIRECT ROUTE TO CLUMP CITY. I always hear ppl complaining about clumpy mascara and they apply it completely wrong. This stuff, applied correctly, will make you look like a doe-eyed deer with lashes that create a wind when you blink.

I love this mascara. It lengthens, defines and volumizes my lashes without looking clumpy...what more can I ask for? I couldn't give it a perfect score though because the packaging is a bit faulty. The rim on the top of my first tube popped off but I took it back to the store where I purchased it (Holt Renfrew in Canada) and they exchanged it 'with pleasure!' I haven't had any problems with the new tube so Dior may have fixed the problem. This is my HG mascara.

on 10/6/2007 1:04:00 AM

I really really love this mascara. I am a big believer in drugstore brands and good cheapies, so I couldn't believe how good this mascara is. I first used various Lancome mascaras, and they were extremely waxy and my lashes drooped. Then for years throughout college I was only using Maybelline since everyone raved about them. I so wanted them to be my HG but they made my eyes itch so bad that my opthamalogist said my eyes were inflamed! Then I got a sample of this and other Dior products in the mail as part of Teen Vogue's It Girls. LOL, I was like I'm not even a teen anymore, and I still have no idea how they found my school address but whatever.

So what makes this so good? First the giant brush, never had I had such a great mascara brush, it fully coats every lash in 1 stroke. With every other brand I would have to dab a bit here, dab a bit there to get all my lashes that grew at different angles.

The formula doesn't seem waxy at all to me, doesn't get into my eyes and itch them and it does seem to extend them and not make them droop right after applying them.

Bad? The price. I HATE that something so good is so damn expensive ~$30 and if it werent for the free sample I've been milking for months now, I wouldn't have ever tried it. But damn you Dior marketing, you've actually got a good product and got me hooked! I think this might have to be on my Christmas/Birthday list!

Video Reviews & Tutorials