April 16, 2014 | 1465 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ondpunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this out at Sephora. I didn't use the brush, though it looked nice. I used one of those tester brushes they supply for you. And considering I didn't even use the diorshow's brush and my lashes still looked great, just tells you alot is in the formula. It reminds me of Bad Gal Lash, which is big, fat, and just...okay. I mean for a dramatic look, totally go for it. But I only did one eye, the other I went home and applied CG Lash Exact and was surprised how close they were. Obvioulsy Diorshow is better I suppose. But big brushes tend to annoy people, and they never really give you natural looking lashes...

I may buy, I think it's better than most department store brands.

UPDATE: I tried this again and man did this flake like crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by velvetdays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All my life I've had pale, ash blond lashes that are both sparse & short over green, green eyes. There's something about trying a cult classic I find irresistable- like Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream.

I honestly do not even know why other companies continue to try to make mascara, because this one is perfect. One swipe of Dior Show & my lashes were utterly transformed, coated from root to tip with a lightweight, un-clumpy pretty russet brown color from corner to corner. Is it just the brush? I don't know, or care.

With patience & two applications, who knows what could happen. Highly recommended. The only gripe is I think I'd like a smaller size tube, half as this will last me ten forevers & would be more portable in a scaled down size.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by shania_miss

I have my fourth Diorshow mascara now and I am continuously happy with Diorshow. It is a great mascara: doesn't clump, lashes look a lot thicker and it doesn't dry out soon but is usable for months. I usually combine Diorshow with Shiseido Mascara Base, as together they make the best fake lashes effect I have ever seen. My lashes look incredible!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Leelee57

I've gone through 2 tubes of Diorshow and will continue to purchase this. I tried using Lancome, Fresh, Stila, MAC, Clinique, and the list goes on, but found that they either left my lashes completely clumpy, too wet that it straightened out my curls, or left me with raccoon eyes within an hour. I've also tried the drugstore brands and they were only good at lengthening and not volumizing. This mascara has been perfect for me because it does not flake or clump, and allows me to hold my lash curl.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kalisaen

I was so excited when I got my hands on this mascara, but got more and more disappointed the longer I used it. First of all, the wand is monster! I'm asian, so it was really hard applying this stuff with the giant wand it comes with. When I tried it on at Sephora it wasn't so bad because the tester wands are significantly smaller. The employees insisted that the size would only add volume and wonders so I got sucked into buying it. Not to mention the rave reviews I had seen online. It does a decent job however, the hassles of applying it outweigh the results (Which aren't even that great, IMHO) and I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Makeuphag

I needed to add one thing else to my order so I could get the free shipping for Sephora so I thought, what the heck, I'll just drop $23 on some mascara and see what it does. Now, if it turned out to be stellar, I actually don't mind the price but I found the formulation to be very lumpy, clumpy, sticky and I needed to apply quite a bit to get anything close to dramatic.
Which at that point, dramatic just looked liked I played in mommy's makeup.
I don't recommend this at all needless to say and will stick with Estee Lauder's Projectionist which really delivers a nice lash look that is worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

(this original review was from 2/2/07, i just accidentally erased it so i reposted it). i was super excited to try this mascara seeing as how there's tons of hype about it and it's winning alot of "best mascara" mentions, so i bought a tube at sephora around christmas time and scurried home to try it. well....eh. i got waterproof because that's all they had left (and i actually needed it because i always get smudges under my lower lashline probably due to wearing creamy concealer) and i'm wondering if maybe the waterproof isn't as good as the original? the brush is TOO big, it makes it waaaay too easy to bump into your face and smudge, but i do love how the brush is loaded with bristles. i just don't understand the mascara brushes with short/hardly any bristles-- think of it like a hairbrush girls: you need lots of densly packed bristles to 'pull' your hair (lashes) through, thus separating lashes, coating each one, and avoiding clumps. that's what i think anyways. so i do like the amount of bristles, just not the humongo size of the brush itself. i didn't notice the rose scent, so that didn't bother me, although i think it's totally unecessary. what i DID notice was that some of my eyelashes have broken off since i began using this mascara, which may have something to do with the alcohol content. and it's a bitch to get off, even when i use my clinique take the day off makeup remover. i was just generally very underwhelmed and would not repurchase.
**EDIT** 7/15/07 it's been really hot and sticky here in Portland lately, so the other day i reached for this because i needed something waterproof that wouldn't smudge in the heat. i completely expected it be dried up and unuseable, but somehow it was still in perfect condition! SO weird! it hadn't dried out at all, was still very wet and glossy looking. so i put it on, and i still feel the same about the brush and the formula, but i swear it applied as freshly as it did the day i bought it. just thought i'd share :D **EDIT** as if this review isn't long enough already, i have actually found that i like this mascara when i use it with a different brush than the monstrosity it comes with. i had recently got a bunch of those little one time use disposable mascara wands, and needed a WP mascara to use again, so i tried it using one of the cheapie wands, and it worked well. so if you aren't having luck with this mascara, try it my way. hope this helps someone.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by havenexpress

Every magazine and online boards raved about this product and I fell for it. I bought the waterproof version and it smudged like crazy in less than two hours. By the time I get to the office and get a little teary from yawning because I haven't had my coffee yet, I have raccoon eyes. The big brush is nice, because that's exactly how you'll get to coat all lashes. I'm totally fine with spending big bucks for products that work, but over twenty bucks for a big brush and smearing? Absolutely not.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2007 10:14:00 AM More reviews by irishprincess24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very long eyelashes, but they are rather straight, so it's hard for me to find a mascara that makes my lashes look good. DiorShow is, I think, the best I'll ever be able to find. I've given up on my dreams of thick, perfectly curled, full lashes because I just don't think it's possible anymore. DiorShow makes them pretty thick, and they stand out. My makeup completely changes when I add the mascara. Even when I use a curler, though, they won't stay curled. I'd buy this product again, but only if I have a lot of extra money that month because it's rather pricy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by GreenQueen47

Wow! This mascara is amazing. Definately HG for me. It took me about a week or so to get used to the huge brush, but I find it coats my lashes better than the smaller brushes I've used. I have short, thin lashes and this adds volume, length and even curls. This mascara is really buildable to me. During the day, 1-2 coats is all I need. At night, I can use 3-4 coats and makes my eyes look really dramatic.