Dior Diorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

I received a small sample of DiorShow Mascara (using RetailMeNot.com), and when I first opened it, the brush was just as big as the actual bottle! LOL.. I was NOT expecting that.

Anyway, it smelled nice, which was a first, as most mascaras usually smell very chemical-y and very much like paint thinner. I normally curl my lashes before putting on my mascara to set it, so I curled 'em with my trusty Shu Uemura eyelash curler, and did a light coat of DiorShow on there.

So far, so good. No clumps, clean, lengthening, and wonderful............ but it didn't set my lashes the way the current cheapie mascara I'm trying out (Maybelline Great Lash) did.

Hmm. Maybe it's just me.

But my lashes did look long, much softer, not clumpy at all, but not very voluminous or lush, but long, nonetheless. Just a shame you couldn't see HOW long, considering my curled lashes weren't set in place by DiorShow. They kind of just sunk back down to being normal, uncurled lashes...

I also found that it didn't really smudge, given it's not a waterproof mascara (right?) and it didn't flake, so that's a plus. I'm usually dabbing at the corner of my eyes at the end of the day, trying to remove any black flakes.

I've been trying it out for about a week now, and so far.. not so thrilled, ONLY because it doesn't properly set my curled lashes (I view mascara as a hairspray of sorts for eyelashes), and curling my lashes, REALLY makes me look awake and alive.. When I don't curl my lashes, I will guarantee that someone, that day, will look at me and ask why I look so tired or if I'm sad. :P

So.. my verdict is: Not worth the $31 for my personal preferences, but!! if you are a girl who has naturally gorgeous thick lashes (and we all hate you for it), and you want length more than volume, then this is THE best mascara to use.

But me, I'm stickin' to my cheapie Maybelline Great Lash, and maybe trying a higher end Maybelline mascara after (I'm makin' the rounds....)

- FB continued >>

on 9/26/2007 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

My lashes are a decent length on their own. Most mascaras tend to make my lashes look spikey, not full. Diorshow thickens my lashes pretty well from root to tip. And my eyes don't look overdone. This is the best mascara I've used in a long time and I will repurchase even though it's pricey. I gave 5 lippies overall but I took a lippy off packaging quality because the tube seemed to either run out of product or the product is drying out. I usually change tubes every other month anyway, so it seems to be running out in the 6-8 week timeframe for me. Would like to try to make it last 3 months, but then my eyes usually start bugging me regardless of which brand I'm using.

My HG of mascaras. It gives me huge lashes without clumps. I definitely have to curl my lashes before applying this one, though, because it's a pretty heavy, thick formula, and I don't want my lashes sticking out from my eyes at a 90-degree angle. The scent doesn't bother me at all, but I know it does others. It does take about three coats to get the results I want, but once I get those results, whoa, look out! I feel like a true vamp. It has to be precisely applied, which can be a bit difficult due to the big brush, but it's easy to get the hang of. I'll always have a tube of this stuck in my Sephora cosmetics case!

on 9/26/2007 6:49:00 AM

A little pricey, but worth the cost. Especially since mascara is my staple. I love the big wand; it takes out a lot of preparation time since my lashes are long. Small wands just take to long to get the base lash through tip completely covered.

My only gripe, it drys too soon. Even drugstore brands I've purchased in the past last , at least, a month longer. This is coming from someone who uses 3-4 layers! lol

on 9/26/2007 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite mascara. It thickens, lengthens and has a great brush. I don't get the dreaded raccoon eyes with this baby. May be my HG...

on 9/25/2007 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is an excellent thickening mascara. It does have a tendency to clump, as most mascaras of this formula do. Although the brush wouldn't suggest it, it does help your lashes curl.

The formula reminds me of Lancome Flextencils. The wand is big, I like that - more surface area, takes less time!

Only thing I didn't like about this mascara was the smell. I can't describe the odor/fragrance, only that it's strong.

on 9/25/2007 8:09:00 AM

I had this for two months and so far I like it. The lashes do look longer. I usually feel irritated by mascaras, however this worked wonders. It is not removed easily unless with a decent eye make up remover. It does clump a little but I generally use an eyelash brush to remove excesses.

on 9/24/2007 9:36:00 PM

It makes my lashes look great, but the mascara doesn't have any staying power. For the price, it's just not worth it. There are others that will stay put and give the same result. I also hate the brush. It's too big and hard to maneuver.

on 9/24/2007 2:55:00 AM

ITS A GREAT MASCARA,ALTHOUGH I STILL LOOOOVE INTENSE XXL FROM MAYBELLINE $9 ONLY NOT $23 AND IM A SEPHORA JUNKI3!!I THINK WE LIKE TO PAY FOR THE BRAND IM HONEST I DO TOO,I LIKE TO BE SEEN IN DESIGNER ITEMS BUT IN A WAY ITS NOT WORTH IT,BUT IT DID MAKE MY EYELASHES LOOK FAKE AND LONG SO ITS GOOD!

I donot know what all the hype is about this mascara. It is okay, but for 25.00 okay is not good enough. I get better results with cover girl mascara and it is way less expensive.

Video Reviews & Tutorials