July 29, 2014 | 1933 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by dayummy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am lucky to have pretty clear asian american skin and well Ive only ever used tinted moisturizer and maybe powder every now and again, but as I get older my skin doesnt always look so even, so I bought the medium beige kit. I love it.I dont like the feeling of cream foundations, so I like that it is a light powder foundation that evens out my skin tone. I actually dont use the all of the powders, mainly i use the warmth which I love love love and the mineral veil as a finish. I dont really care for the skin prep I feel like it stings and is maybe to harsh for my face. I will definately repurchase the warmth and mineral veil.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by vmb248

I LOVE this product!! Bare Minerals is light yet makes my skin look flawless! I don't even feel like I am wearing makeup. Before this I used tinted moisturizers and some foundations but found them to be too heavy and severe. Bare Minerals is a staple in my makeup bag I don't know what I would do without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by katiatrw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the kit that contains the Mineral Veil, Warmth powder, Light, and Fairly Light foundations, along with three brushes and a DVD.

I used to use cream concealer with a tinted moisturizer on my face and did not like the powder foundations I have sampled in the past (philosophy and Neutrogena - both too orangey and sparkley for my skin).

I love the Bare Minerals foundations and Mineral Veil. It feels very light and takes less time for me to apply than my old routine did. I use the concealer brush with the foundation and have had good luck covering up my serious undereye circles. I've also found the concealer brush with foundation is effective at covering red marks left by acne. I'm surprised by how little makeup it takes to make my skin look polished and minimize the flaws. For reference, I am 30 with combination skin and the occasional breakout.

The kits was not cheap, but the products all seem to be lasting a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by mixed_chick

Whenever I feel like wearing a powder foundation I always opt for BE. I like that it looks natural, and I feel as though my skin can breathe. My skin can be sensitive to certain ingredients, so I do like the fact that it is made from minerals, and i've never broken out because of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by riomarie

i've been using BM for about a year now. some days its alright and some days it looks awesome. when my skin is dry it is very powdery. i thnk its all in the application. you gotta practice with it. i used to hate it, but now, i love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2007 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Nixxi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everytime I see this demonstrated on QVC I want to buy it, they make it look and sound so great. In reality however I find it the exact opposite. I purchased this in Medium Beige and it felt like an inferior product when compared to Philosophy Airbrushed Canvas. They made me look really shiny and toward the end of the day it went all patchy and looked terrible. I feel there are so many other MMU out there and BE is overpriced and overhyped. They need to step up their game and bring out a better quality product to compete with the rest of the MMU as it is becoming an increasingly popular makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Verelai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My best friend's daughter - in her mid-twenties - absolutely adores BE and certainly had me sold. I had a BE makeup artist use it on me, and the results were astonishing; I dislike liquid foundations for their lack of staying power, creasing, and the unnatural, mask-like finish (my skin is difficult to match, being a light gold - very yellow and somewhat uneven).

The makeup artist used the light/fairly light, but added concealer and a finishing powder. My skin appeared flawless, even under harsh natural and artificial (fluorescent) light - no small accomplishment for someone my age. Of course, I bought the kit. I also have an Everyday Minerals free sample kit, which includes a concealer (Light Intensive), which matches my skin very well.

Ultimately, I found the BE difficult to apply at first, but with some practice, am doing better. The "less is more" - ie, the less one uses, the better the coverage - seems counterintuitive, but is true. The brushes (Buki, medium coverage, concealer) are effective and comfortable to use. And the primer does help prep. the skin. A few negative points: the colours are limited, the light/fairly light kit is not ideal for my skin tone, and there is no concealer nor finishing powder (Mineral Veil) included. I would rather no "Warm" all over colour and only one foundation with the inclusion of a concealer and Mineral Veil. Regardless, it is an excellent price. And I am fortunate in that my sensitive skin does not react.

So I can use BE, but with the Everyday Minerals Intensive Light concealer; the latter compensates for the slightly off colours.

Beware, though, any flakes: exfoliate first, as BE will exaggerate peeling skin. I have good skin from genetics, but also take care of it. I wash with MD Forté III (20% glycolic acid) and follow with MD Forté III cream (30% glycolic acid), with Neostrata Wrinkle Repair around the eyes. Once or twice per month I use a Neostrata exfoliation kit and take salmon oil caps. daily. A total sunblock (40/50 SPF) is essential. With this regime, my skin is not sufficiently irritated to peel. Using my full strength tretinoin gel is out now - my skin peels like mad and feels inflamed, which makes BE a useless disaster.

I do enjoy mineral makeup - and since using it, I am much more often mistaken for being in my late twenties or early thirties, even by people in that age group! I am often referred to as "Madamoiselle", not "Madame", to which I am ambivalent. Slightly disrespectful, considering my age, but complimentary. Weird.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by babydolltrish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am sooooo torn on this stuff! I bought it years ago on QVC...and i liked it, then because I am so fickle... I started using something new, and forgot about it. Then I saw an ad in a magazine for it, and decided to try it again, only this time, noticed that it sometimes made my face a bit itchy, (especially when i was hot) and seemed to speckle on my nose where my pores are larger at about midday. So I quit using it again, and went back to my standby (MK cream foundation). My sis-in-law bought it and her skin looked awesome! So again, I began my affair with BE and started using the foundation again which leads me to the present......i am mixing medium beige and light (i need the yellow undertones for redness) and am liking it again. I love the "glowy" look it gives, and the feeling of nothing at all, i still get a little itchy if sweating at all, but i deal with it. I just wish it came in a pressed form with a sponge for touch ups on the nose area. But of course that goes against their philosophy doesn't it? Well I suppose we are in bed together again for now......we shall see how it ends up! :o)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2007 12:17:00 AM More reviews by amdull

I really wanted to see what all the hype was about these bare escentuals products. So many people said it has done wonders for their skin...and since I am a cosmetic junkie...I said why not? My overall opinion was that it gives relatively good coverage...however it doesn't give me a glowy finish that I usually like. Also, I don't feel it covers blemishes well at all ( I rarely break out, but when I do..I would like to see them completely covered). I really wear this alot during the summer and its fantastic to work out in. I will buy it again for those two reasons,

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by chrissy14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have breakouts on my chin and this product helps cover my breakouts and make them less noticeable. I mean i dosnt cover them all the way but it takes away the redness.