September 30, 2014 | 1068 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by DanaCerise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to have and use this palette for a while before reviewing. I've been using it off and on since I bought in in late July. And for the past week, I've used this palette every day. I haven't really purchased many palettes because I haven't felt I would use many of the colors. This palette is the exception. I'm someone who leans cool. I'm an NW15, and the colors are not "too warm" for me. A lot of people can wear cool and warm colors; but sometimes we get stuck with these "rules" that say that cooler complexions must only wear cool colors and warmer complexions can only wear warm shades. These really are what I would call neutral shades that many skintones could wear. I think only the lighter highlighter colors (Sin and Virgin) have the tendency to look garish on darker skintones. But that's the case with lighter colors anyway. The first time I used the colors, I did get a muddy effect. But I discovered what the problem was. These shades can be blended almost too much, especially if you are using a really good blending brush like the 217. It's interesting that the shades can be blended so easily, and yet be so pigmented. For the past week, I've been creating a champagne eye using the colors on the left side of the palette: Sidecar on lid, Sin dabbed in the middle of lid, a smidge of Buck in the crease, and Virgin on the brow bone. I'm wearing it with a a peachy pink gloss and cool pink blush. I imagine the same eye look will look nice with a deep plum lip for fall.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by cherryblossom09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My sister got this from a swap, and I bought it from her for $50 since it was sold out everywhere. I almost backed out from buying it from her, but I'm so glad she made me buy it from her. Now she's regretting selling it to me. For the past two days, I've been playing it with and have not gone near my MAC. It will be awhile before I grow tire of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the single most expensive item of makeup I've ever purchased... and it was worth every penny. It was also my first Urban Decay purchase. I almost always wear nude/natural eyeshadow, and this is the first UD palette that wasn't full of colors I'd never wear. It took some searching to get my hands on it, but now that I've got it I've been using it pretty much exclusively for over a week. All the colors are gorgeous, and they all work well together. The quality is fantastic, and with the exception of Sidecar there's not much in the way of annoying glittery bits. My favorites are Virgin, Half-Baked, Smog, and Toasted - Smog has become my go-to crease shade, and Virgin is just the prettiest highlighter.

All in all, this palette is perfection. Fantastic, wearable colors, great quality, and amazing value. I'm so glad UD is making it a permanent palette, because this is one I always want in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by mlazutka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this palette!!! I NEVER wear eye make up, so when I was offered this palette in a swap request, I quickly snatched it up only because everyone else was going crazy for it and it was out of stock everywhere (I know totally lame of me). When I received it and opened it up, I was in total awe. The colors were simply gorgeous, but since I never wear eye make up, I did not know what to do with it, so it sat in my stash for a couple of weeks. I even briefly put the palette up for swap because I convinced myself that I would never use it and I did not want this majestic little palette to go to waste. Of course, I had a ton of swap requests for it, but I just could not let this little beauty go, so I took it off my swap list and immediately tried it. Words cannot describe how glad I am I kept it!!! Even with my remedial application skills, the shadows and liners applied and blended perfectly--no need to be a make up artist! I got tons of compliments from my friends and my hubby about how beautiful and sultry my eyes looked. Even my best friend, who wears no make up wants a Naked Palette. I cannot believe how lucky I was for this to fall so easily into my hands! This palette is great for the novice and pro alike. If you are not an eyeshadow user, this is the perfect palette to start off with. This palette has changed my life...well, maybe not my life, but definitely my make up routine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to snag this at a Las Vegas Sephora store last week. Currently this palette is hard to find. Urban Decay has a genius marketing department for withholding their stock and keeping up the high demand for this! As a wearer of mostly neutrals, this palette is perfect for me. Most shades can be worn in the office, a very great buy. Most shadows are slightly shimmery, there are about two matte ones and one glittery shadow. UD is well known for not including any "highlighter" shades in their palettes, but this time a few are included! It also comes with a double ended pencil in Zero (black) and Whiskey (non-glittery brown, finally Urban Decay makes a non-glittery brown pencil!!!). The only issue I have with this palette is that it passed some spotty Quality Control: some of the shades were smudged, as if someone put their finger in it (impossible since mine was right off the shipment) and that double ended pencil broke in half! Since I was already home and the nearest Sephora didn't even receive Naked, I stuck it out and held on to my flawed purchase instead of exchanging it. A shame I paid $44 for a less than perfect palette, but I love it so much so I think I can pass that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by michkal

Great selection of colors for a great price. For me, I prefer more natural, neutral shades, which i expected from a palette called naked. The colors are just too pigmented for my taste. I also don't use glittery shadows, and there are two there. I'm sure that this is a great choice for other people, due to the selection of colors and varied textures. I just don't use enough of the shades to make it a necessity in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by lemontwirlgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! This palette is a must have for anybody! I seriously don't know why I didn't buy this palette sooner. There is a very nice range of colors in this palette, all of the shadows are very nicely pigmented and so soft and silky. I love this palette and am so glad I got it, definitely a good investment, and I highly recommend it. The only thing I would change is maybe adding a matte white, cause the white that is in the palette is a little frost in my opinion for a highlight color, but other than that I love it! The price may seem a bit high, but each of these shadows retail individually for $17 so it is actually a killer deal ($204 value) for only $44, I would say it is a steal of a deal. If you are contemplating purchasing this palette, I would say go for it, you won't be disappointed! =D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I doubt I'll be adding anything new to the chorus, but here goes.

Naked makes figuring out what makeup to put in your suitcase a lot easier. There are shadows for every occasion, blendable, warm neutrals. There's much more shimmer than glitter, and a few mattes. I have only had the palette a week, and haven't explored all of the shadows yet, but the quality is more than worth the money.

The only caveat I can see is that this palette may not work for those who can't pull off warm tones.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

loooooooooooooved it .. the colors and the way it went on and stay on (well used the UD primer too) but i love the pigments in it and the way the colors just complimented each other !! and there eye liners are awesome too i think i have found a great great product ..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by blush900

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These shadows have great pigmentation and blend very easily.