July 31, 2014 | 1006 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sguthall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Colors: Great colors! Very pigmented and silky. Will experience some fallout with a few of them. Take precautions because your whole face will quickly become glittery, even when you use eye primer.

Price: Very good price considering the number or shadows you are getting.

Packaging: Shadows are very dusty, so they will get all over the inside. Wouldn't hurt to wipe it down every once and awhile. LOVE the outside of the case- a silky velvet.

Cons: Some of the shades irritate my eyes...very bad. I wear contacts, so my theory is that it is the glittery shades. This is the only reason I would not buy it again.

I definitely recommend to those without sensitive eyes or contacts!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by jabcmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't used shadow in about 20 years but when I saw this palette I feel in love. I will admit at first I was concerned it may to too shimmery for someone in their 40s but since my purchase 2 weeks ago I have used it everyday. Overall a great product and worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What's left to say about this palette? First, a list -- by texture -- of the shadows. They're NOT all shimmery. The descriptions are from UD's site:

Virgin (nude satin)
Sin (champagne shimmer)
Naked (buff matte)
Sidecar (beige sparkle)
Buck (brown matte)
Half Baked (bronze)
Smog (golden brown shimmer)
Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer)
Toasted (taupe-bronze)
Hustle (mocha shimmer)
Creep (near-black metallic)
Gunmetal (dark grey metallic)

Cons: Sidecar is a gorgeous shade but the only one with glitter. Unfortunately, the glitter migrates almost immediately, even after using UDPP, giving me sparkly cheeks that are inappropriate for work. I'd love it if UD would also offer this shade as a matte.

I don't use metallics, so Creep and Gunmetal will rarely be used, if ever.

Pros: Naked is a great shadow, also offered singly. I love a little on/under the browbone to make my made-up brown eyes pop or on the lids for a simpler look. Matte Buck is beautiful too, perfect for the crease. Darkhorse makes a fabulous liner; I apply it with a smudger.

The shadows are all well-pigmented and long-lasting, the shimmers are not garish or juvenile (I apply with a brush) and all the shadows play well with my favorite UD matte single, Secret Service.

The double-ended 24/7 pencil is matte, with familiar Zero (black) and a new brown called Whiskey which is deep and rich, darker than Bourbon and, of course, without Bourbon's gold. Like all 24/7 pencils I have, Whiskey stays put until I take it off.

The UDPP in the kit is a perfect size for travel and is the icing on the cake, given the array of makeup here. The case is sleek and elegant with a magnetic closure, so no chipped nails trying to pry it open.

Just four lippies because of the shadow issues in Cons, but overall this is a remarkable value ($44 USD) for the array of top-quality products that make possible an almost-endless variety of looks. I could take a two-week trip, business or pleasure, with only this Naked Palette and be able to create an eye for any situation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I've had this palette for a month but I wanted to wait and use this a while before I submitted my review.

The main reason for my three lippie rating, which stands out from all the other glowing reviews, is that in a nutshell, I'm just not in love with the colors. And no, it's not because I don't like neutrals in general. I wear neutrals nearly every day as a working professional. I feel like I've given this palette a fair chance, creating day time and night time looks, and I've been incredibly underwhelmed. The biggest problem for me is that this is a very warm palette, and I feel like most of the shadows just make me look tired and muddy. In all honesty, I've wanted to reach for my Wet N Wild single in Nutty most mornings rather than this palette.

Some of the colors that I do like are Darkhorse, Hustle, and Virgin. I had high hopes for Sidecar, which is one of the glittery shades, because it looks so beautiful in the pan, but on my skin, it barely shows up. I feel like if you are a person that generally tries to avoid warm toned shadows, this palette might not be for you.

So like others have said...yes, the quality is excellent; yes, it's an awesome deal for the price. But, what good is any of that if you aren't really digging the colors?? Unfortunately, I've found this palette to be overhyped.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by kamare

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is, hands down, the best palette i have ever seen. i am so in love. thank god this is not limited edition or i'd be stockpiling right now! i'll definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by MysticM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I felt compelled to buy this because of the rave reviews and the beautiful colours, but on using I'm slightly dissapointed. The glitter is OTT, could do with more satin shades. They are also quite soft and crumbly, did not expect them this given the price point. Colours are gorgeous, and the combinations are beautiful. Wouldn't buy again, but I am enjoying it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 6:59:00 AM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG palette!! I ve never tried UD before because their products are kind of expensive. I mean, $17 for a single eyeshadow??Come on!! Well after reading all these glowy reviews and watching a million u tube videos I decided to give this a try. Well to be honest I paid more on ebay as it is sold out anywhere else ( this palette is also not available in Greece so I had to buy this online) I actually paid $ 70 instead of $44 but i dont regret it at ALL!!! This palette is outrageous!!! I havent experienced anything like that before!! The colours are EXTREMELY pigmented and the colour pay off is AMAZING!!!! You barely touch the eyeshadow and your finger is full of colour!!! I had convinced myself that such products dont exist as i ve tried a lot of different eyeshadow brands. I am a huge fan of VIRGIN. It is a buttery highlight colour. It almost feels like a cream to your finger!! The quality of these eyeshadows are SUPERB!!! I dont believe i ll find anything better concerning the quality. I was so happy to hear that this palette is not a limited edition one(if it was i would buy 4 of these LOL) I forgot to mention that u get 12 FULL sized eyeshadows so imagine how little u pay for all these stuff.U also get a double ended eyeliner in black and brown (zero and whiskey) and a mini primer potion! I couldnt ask for more!!!! I would give this palette 100000 lippies if i could!!! I prefer the UD eyeshadow quality over mac as i think they are so easy to work with,extremely blendable and soooo pigmented!! If you are into neutrals Ι strongly suggest u go out and buy one too!! U wont regret it trust me!! BEST PALETTE EVER!!! THANK U URBAN DECAY!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really enjoying this so far! It's my first UD eyeshadow purchase and I think the value is excellent. I've been only using this palette for the past few weeks but I keep grabbing it first and I think my other shadows are getting sad in the bottom of my makeup bag. lol Virgin is awesome for eyebrow and inner eye corner highlight!!! It's probably one of my fav colors in the entire palette.

My only gripe about this so far is that i'm not crazy about the brown eyeliner shade (it looks strange on me. I prefer a darker blackish-brown I guess), and I love the shade of Sidecar but it really irritates my eyes (I swear I can feel the glitter all over my eyeballs and contacts, and it hurts!) I've tried it twice now and have actually had to entirely remove my eye makeup and redo. These are the only reason why I rated it a 4...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by angelcakesters

I LOVE THIS PALETTE. I bought this palette for college so I can just bring this and I can create multiple looks including school appropriate and night time wear. I don't really have to bring any other eyeshadow because this palette pretty much covers what I need. $44 is quite an investment, but so worth it considering you get 12 full sized eyeshadows which retail around $14-$17 times 12 plus a two sided eyeliner pencil in black and brown and a mini primer potion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a *great* palette for an enhanced nudish (but not necessarily natural) look. Many colors are shimmery or glittery, and quite a few are rather dark. So this may not serve for low key day wear, some work environments, or someone who doesn't like shimmer or glitter (but if you don't, why buy UD? :-) It is *terrific* for a festive natural look when you don't want bright colors.
PLUSES:
1. The shadows are good sized.
2. There are satin & matte shadows as well as shimmers & glitters. I'm over 60 and matte shadows make my eyes look *dead*! So i'm glad there aren't too many of them. Many of the shadows have a nice controllable shimmer. Only a few are typical UD glitter bombs, and, hey, this old girl likes a bit of glitter once in a while :-)
3. There is a wide range of cool & warm colors: beiges, peaches, browns, & greys, so any skin tone can create great looks.
4. Set includes an adorable mini bottle of primer potion that fits into a small makeup kit. Originally there was a double ended eye liner pencil, black on one end, brown on the other (i like brown eyeliner). Because the pencil manufacturer could not keep up with demand, the new edition has an eyeshadow brush instead.
5. Box has a large mirror inside the shadow case.
WARNING: The palette is too big to fit in a little evening bag. And it won't fit into a standard small handbag. But it fits fine in my current go-to large purse.
MINUS: Only one: The original set included no applicator for the shadows. That may be just as well, because those stubby foam thingies are an abomination. But i have plenty of brushes, so not a problem. And i find i get extra color payoff when i apply UD shadows with my finger tip than a brush. NOTE: Eyeliner pencil manufacturer could not keep up with demand, so now the set DOES come with an eyeshadow brush.
This is absolutely a CLASSIC!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No