July 23, 2014 | 1633 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by FallBaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this foundation in the worst way after reading all the hype on the boards, so on my last visit to Sephora, I scored a generous sample of this foundation and tried it out for a week. I have mixed feelings about this. The color -- HD 120 -- was one of the best foundation color matches for me ever -- for reference I'm a MAC C2/NC25. This applied like a dream, and I loved the finish -- it's not matte, not dewy -- just very natural. I have large pores and combo skin, and after application, my skin looked pretty flawless. It's nice and light feeling on the skin, too.

So why didn't I give this a better rating? It had absolutely no staying power...and I was testing this during the cold Midwestern winter months when my skin is a tad drier; I can't imagine what this would do in humid summer weather. I tried setting it w/my loose NARS powder and w/MAC Blot, but it made no difference...a couple of hours after application, it looked like I hadn't applied the foundation at all; I even used a MUFE primer underneath, but still no luck w/staying power. I believe this retails for $40 at Sephora; I just can't spend that on a foundation that doesn't last. So for now, I'm sticking with Estee Lauder's Day Wear Light.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to like this foundation, but I hate it!!! The coverage is sheer, it pools up in my pores & makes my skin flaky around my nose. $40??? What a waste!!! This is definitely going back. On the positive side, the color selection is great, 110 is a perfect match for me which is difficult. I like the pump bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

This foundation has a really great finish in my opinion...It is extremely important that the skin be hydrated or will make large pores even bigger and cling to flakes. The color selection for this is unrivaled there are 25 colors to choose from...ranging from cool, neutral and warm undertones, and there are even some colors for those of us that have olive skin. This is def a medium coverage foundation and is definetly buildable. There were a couple of different problems for me. First of all the foundation doesnt wear evenly I have combo skin but right now since the weather is very dry im def more dry, and I noticed the foundation began to fade on my cheeks and dissapeared in places on my forehead, not good. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation from breakouts and I hate concealing or touching up so fading foundation for me after a couple of hours is simply not acceptable especially if my skin is on the drier side. Second and the most important reason why I am no longer using this is beause it causes some sort of irritation to my skin after a couple of days of wearing in a row i noticed a lot of red bumps that looked like clogged pores but I couldnt extract...Then came actual breakouts. I know it was this because I tried this foundation about 6months a go and it happened tried it again last week and it happened again. I had high hopes for this because I had a good color match in 123 (for ref nc35-37-40) and this had NO sunscreen which I look for since I am allergic to chemical sunscreens. Really liked the packaging too...simple with a pump...oh well currently trying chantecailles future skin...crossing my fingers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went into Sephora and wanted to try this makeup out. A lady helped me to find a shade and she matched me with #153. I bought it and used it for a couple of days. It's really great stuff. It feels light on my face and I can barely feel it. Honestly, there is a difference between this and my MAC select. After removing my makeup at the end of the day, I can feel a difference when I remove my MAC. It feels like a mask was taken off of my face....and I only use one pump with the MAC. With the make up forever, I also use one pump and I can't tell a difference when I remove it. It's weightless. When paired with the HD powder, I had very minimal oiliness in my T-Zone. I think this will be my daily wear makeup. Hey, I need to make use of it after paying $40 on it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Littlelulu28

I bought this product at Sephora. #120. Reference: I normally use MAC Studio Fix NC30
I really like the coverage on this product and it didn't feel thick or cakey on my face. After applying this product on my face, I could see the difference immeditely. My face was smoothier and flawless.
I don't think this product is good for work, but great for going out and being infront of cameras.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by invadersads

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i'm amazed to see there are so many that don't like this foundation. i have combo skin and when i first started getting into high end foundation, i was wearing 2 different kinds of clinique for a while then tried mac's select spf15, and none of them worked well for me. they made the dryness in my cheeks worse and they made me feel greasy even though they were oil free. it also did not help at all with my breakouts.
well i switched over to bare escentuals and was a happy camper, not only did my skin start improve (along with some other products i was using) but it felt great, and didn't feel suffocating.
well i was pretty wary of liquid foundation after going mineral but i heard so much about this foundation that i caved and got it, and the green primer too (for the redness in my cheeks).
i'm in love! i've been wearing it for a week, it hasn't caused any breakouts and it's so lightweight, i dont feel heavy and suffocating wearing it, even when i put a couple layers on!
the finish is awesome, and my face doesn't feel like a greaseball with it on. in the past my old liquid foundations always felt wet or greasy, like if i wiped my finger on my face it would rub off. but this doesn't feel that way at all.
my tzone still gets a bit oily after a few hours but i haven't found anything that's stopped that. just mother nature doin it's thing i guess lol. but the greasiness isn't as bad as it was with my old liquid foundations.
i'm really pleased! it's a bit pricey but as long as it lasts me a good while i'll be ok with it.
overall i'm really happy with my purchase! btw, i'm around nc20 (maybe a tad lighter but not as light as nc15) and i wear 117.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's just too mask-like for me irl. I guess if you need a lot of coverage and have oily-ish skin it's a good thing to try, but I can only get it to work mixing it with a lighter texture liquid, or I might try making a TM out of it. It does look good in pictures, though, I must say. Very smoooooooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by pinkpirate

Great coverage and the shade I got was a perfect match for my skintone! It didn't look too heavy on me and didn't look "makeupy", so I really liked that. Very nice consistency. The packaging, especially the pump, is a fantastic touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by nica4588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutely love the coverage this foundation gives. It was recommended to me due to my combination skin but I find that sometimes it makes me a bit oily, particularly in the T-zone (my problem spot). I don't use primer so I wonder if it has anything to do with that. The price is a little steep but I must admit that one pump covers a whole face and goes quite a long ways!