August 22, 2014 | 1729 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by jmr1450

I fell in love with BE when I first purchased the starter kit, I used it up and decided to get the full size products. After a while, the time I had to put into it every morning just became too much for the lack of coverage. I would have to touch up every hour or so. It made my skin very dry and blotchy, as well. I do like their eye shadows and lip gloss though. The other thing was that I would find powder residue all over my bathroom sink and mirror and had to wipe down my counter every morning. I don't think it is worth the hassle when you don't look any different after you put the makeup on. I started using Everyday Minerals and I don't have any problems and I don't have to touch up at all during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by geanie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted this to work for me as it does for others. but i just dont have the skin for it. It really makes my pores look a lot bigger and doesnt cover up my acne to well if its bad. It also looks a little shiny on me at times and not a large color selection.Can be a little messy to use but thats how mineral makeup is. I would not get this again, but think it would work good on someone with nice smooth skin, just not good for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 11:13:00 AM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried Bare Escentuals when my sister came to visit and then I bought the starter kit at Sephora. I then invested two hundred more dollars in the concealer, larger mineral veil, several more brushes eyeliners, and several eyeshadows. The eyeshadows average about $13 each. For the first month, I didn't notice any problem at all with the foundation. I did love the coverage, however it left wierd shiny patches on my skin and made my pores look like craters. I have never even noticed my pores before with any other makeup. Then the itching started. It was a burning stinging itching, very annoying and unpleasant. I never had any reaction to the eyeshadows or the eyeliners. I finally found out what was causing the itching- BISMUTH! I don't know why BE decided to use a known skin irritant in their product. If it weren't for the itching, I would be completely devoted to it. The coverage was excellent, (with the exception of the wierd shiny areas) and the eyeshadows are excellent. I have stopped using the BE comepletely, except for the eyeshadows and eyeliners since I have no problem or reaction to them. I have tried a few more brands of mineral makeup that does not have Bismuth in it and I am happy to say that I have found two awesome brands: Joppa and Alima. Both companies have excellent customer service and dirt cheap samples so you can find your perfect color match. And best of all, great coverage and NO BISMUTH and no itching! And their prices are much better than BE. Check them out and you will be very happy to find an alternative that I believe is far superior and worth just as much as BE, but is less expensive. If you want to find the authentic BE eye shadows and other BE products and get tons of samples that last for at least a month each for next to nothing, send me a message and I'll tell you where I get mine from, without shelling out $13 each and more to BE.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:30:00 AM More reviews by NatalieK

I really don't know why people are giving this all the negative reviews!! I just got my Bare Minerals starter kit (in Light/Fairly Light) yesterday, and I LOVE IT!!! It covers all my blemishes, matches my skin tone perfectly, looks completely natural and lasts forever. It's the most incredible makeup ever. I have to admit, when the beauty consultant at Sephora put it on my face, I was a little dissapointed, but I went ahead and bought it anyway. Then, when I came home, I tried it with the full coverage Kabuki brush (the consultant had used the flawless face brush) and I was SOOO impressed!!! The kabuki brush made all the difference. I would DEFINITELY recommend this to ANYONE with combination skin!!

My only complaint is the size of the foundations/warmth/mineral veil. I'm not saying they don't give you enough, because with two foundations, a blush and a mineral veil, that's definitely not the case!! But it does make it kind of hard to get the product onto the brush. That is my ONLY complaint about this product. It's just a really fantastic find, and I'm SOO glad I bought it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by ErinShepard

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really really really wanted to buy this product and I was so looking forward to testing it at Sephora... so it was very much to my dismay to look at myself in the mirror once the SA was done putting it on.

All of my pores were magnified as if I was looking through a microscope and the blush color was a horrible shade of rusty orange.... it was so frightening that I had a mini meltdown and made her remove it immediately.

In addition to the orangeness and the humongous pores, I did not like the masky look of the product on my face and obviously did not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2007 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Ash53185

I began using Bare Minerals last month and I love it! My shade is "Light" and it matches perfect. I have combination skin with acne scars and blemishes, and the coverage is great. When I first began using Bare Minerals, I was a little disappointed because I wasn't able to cover my scars and blemishes. I was using the full coverage kabuki brush. I'm not sure if the brush is just too stiff, but it wasn't working for me. I switched to the flawless application brush and the concealer brush (came in the kit), and now I have full coverage. I do NOT use the bareVitamins before applying the foundation. I was told by a Sephora consultant that it has a tendency to cause breakouts. My face hasn't broke out in quite awhile, so I don't want to risk it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by yvy1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, this product, at first, was good. I really liked it. Good coverage, without the feel of too much makeup on. I thought it was the greatest. Somehow, after a few months of using it I developed an itch right under both my eyes. Then the itch turned into dry patches, flaking, red bumps. I didn't realize it was the makeup. I stopped using all my creams, but it was still there.

After a few visits to the dermatologist I realized that I would flare up on Sundays, and I mostly wore Bare Minerals on Saturday nights. Long story short, there's an ingredient in there that's bad for your skin! I did lots of research. Googled "Bare Minerals Allergic Reaction" and found so much information! Women that were going through the same thing. I stopped using it and it was a slow healing, but it didn't flare up again. After 3 months the redness and swelling was gone. I am now in search of any other mineral makeup that does not contain Bismuth Oxychloride.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by kellydfa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must admit- seeing this product advertised i got more than a little excited! Suffering from mild acne and having sensitive skin, this stuff seemed too good to be true....and for me unfortunately, it was. I so wanted to like this product as everybody raves about it but no matter how i used it, it just didn't work for me. The colour matches were very good i must admit. I find it hard to find a fair foundation with a strong yellow tone, but i had no problems with Bare Minerals- the colour was spot on. Having first put it on- in the way they recommended, by 'buffing' it onto my face with the brush, i found that my acne and scars didn't get covered much at all and the powder had a very glowy, shimmery look, which enhanced my bad skin. Throughout the day my oily skin began to break through and my shimmery face just looked sweaty! Not too attractive! Needless to say after a while i got fed up and gave it away to my mother and she having much clearer and less oily skin loved it and i must admit it gave her a lovely glow. So all in all a good product for people with good skin. Unfortunately that's not me!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2007 3:05:00 AM More reviews by bablondie32

I tried a sample kit. All I know is I kept inhaling the stuff instead of getting it on my face. But once I figured it out, I broke out worse than I ever have in my life just from these minerals. I did not like it at all! Plus the colors are so-so, I really like shimmers and glitters (so a basic kit won't work for me) but I did seem to like the mineral veil, not sure why. Can't use it if I don't use other minerals, though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I left a review on the Bare Minerals #2, but feel that I need to leave it here so that others looking for an honest review can find it, no matter what their skin tone is.

After using Bare Minerals products for over 4 years with no complaints, I am sad to say that I will never use it again. My flawless skin has been mysteriously breaking out for the past 5 months. At first, I thought it was an allergy or some kind of detox, but then I noticed that every time I would wear Bare Minerals, I would break out the next day. The breakouts slowly developed into cystic acne on my cheeks and chin.

I stopped using Bare Minerals last month and the acne went away, completely. Then I decided to put it on yesterday to test it again. BIG MISTAKE. I washed my face before bed as usual and I woke up this morning with the worst skin - acne on my cheeks, forehead and chin. I'm using tea tree oil, a special acid cleanser and three topical creams to get my skin back to it's original state.

Bare Minerals will destroy your skin. :(