July 23, 2014 | 1823 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by kissmekate48

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Used to love this, and it does thicken, but it does it along with clumps, unless you swipe the wand just right beforehand. Got tired of combing out my lashes. Good for nighttime, I guess, when unnatural lashes are more acceptable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this everyday. I have tried a number of other products. The only stuff that's better is Lancome Immencils, but that is too expensive. This is as close to Lancome as you can get w/o paying the big $$. L'oreal thickens awesomely, and you can layer it from a very thin layer all the way to falsie glam, if you have decent fine motor control and know how to apply make-up. I can wear it with contacts as well as glasses w/o no problem. If you're worried about smearing or water, use the waterproof ("hydrofuge") version. If you want REALLY BLACK lashes, try the "Carbon black". Very reliable overall.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by missmshl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this mascara is okay. it doesn't clump unless i use more than one coating (which isn't needed), it lengthens a good amount, and it makes my lashes really thick and lush! only downside is that it doesn't hold a curl. my eyelashes go limp as soon as i apply this. and it's also a bit heavy, so it weighs my lashes down if i just apply to the tips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by hustlerose

One of the BEST mascara I have ever used! I have short asian eyelashes and this mascara makes my eyelashes full and soft. It doesn't clump and it separates my lashes. Its FABULOUS!! I will definetly buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by bbgreen

My favorite! I've tried everything, and always go back to my cheap L'oreal. Love this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by yvonyvonnette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Its an ok mascara. Nothing horrible about it but nothing special either. Nice volumising effect but can be very clumpy if applied in a hurry(like when your late in the morning). No lenghtning, doesn't really hold curls. I've seen better ones.
EDIT: I just found out that L'Oreal tests on animals!!:( that'll lower my rate to 1 lippie. My original rating was 3 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by rapkat0021

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara KILLED my curl, even with shiseido mascara base.
Maybe i'll check out the WP verson. Mayybe.
Back to Maybelline Full n Soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Classic_

Gives ammazzinggg volume, great even when used in a hurry, never clumps but there are 2 problems..it doesn't lengthen as much (but then again the mascara is called 'voluminous'--why can't we just have it all?) and the tube dries out quicker than you want it to.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by kf896

this mascara is unrivalled if you want thick, lucsious lashes. I have used the waterproof version for 10 years then suddenly, without warning ive not been able to find it anywhere (UK)

The non waterproof version is just as great though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by poebear

good: some of the most voluminous lashes I've had in a long time! Looks very glamorous.

bad: clumpy, and writing on package wears off.

For me, I only use this when I want to be glamorous and don't care about clumping. For everyday use I use one of the no-clump brushes.