L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

I love this mascara. I have used very expensive brands, and this works better than most of them.

ok i thought i already reviewed this. i just wanted to add that this is a decent mascara if you use a metal lash comb (tweezer man) helps take out clumps and it looks AMAZINGLY full and clean if you dont mind the extra work- however even with that being said i had major flake out. i was rubbing my eyes all night bc the mascara flaked into my eyes - it wasnt even old mascara it was brand new soooo with that being said i wont repurchase no matter how good it looks. ive switched to clinique high impact and it adds volume with out flaking.

if your in a pinch and dont have time to go to a mu counter for some decent mascara this would be good. perhaps the waterproof would not flake but i dont recommend wearing waterproof everyday as it can dry out the lashes. so like i said this is good if your in a pinch or maybe traveling and dont want to risk losing your HG, otherwise wont repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got the German Voluminous non-waterproof version in black which promised 4x more volume. I really wanted to love it because the package looks so nice, I like the wand and the price is quite good. My lashes have average length, are relatively full (at that time) but rather thin and are also rather straight. This formula is quite heavy. So after I curled my lashes with my Shiseido eyelash curler and applied this mascara, my lashes went immediately straight again. Also it went on rather clumpy (perhaps I grabbed a bad one?). I always use a tissue to get rid of extra chunk at the tip of the wand or extra mascara in general. I never try to get it back in never wipe off any extra mascara at the rim of the tube (which will only causes clumps). It was already clumpy by itself. I could only like the color and that my lashes stayed soft. This mascara suits more for people who have already naturally curled lashes and/or more thick eyelashes. If you have more trouble to find non-waterproof mascaras which will hold your hand-crafted curl then I really can't recommend this one.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite mascara. It makes my thin lashes look GREAT! I've tried a lot of mascaras and I keep coming back to Voluminous. It comes off easily with soap and water. Also, it stays soft. I hate when mascara makes my lashes hard.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my go to mascara hands down. it is dramatic without being hard to wash off and it remains soft all day. i prefer the non-waterproof because it comes off in the shower with some soap and water and i love that i can layer it up to reach a false lash effect. as said before, you have to wipe he brush of the mouth of the tube or you will get more mascara than u bargained for but i still love this product. i love to experiment with new ones, but i will always keep a tube of this on hand because i can always count on it to work. definitely give it a try! its cheap too :)

There's definately a trick to this mascara. It turns into a mess after the 3rd or 4th use. The problem is that the brush picks up too much product. You definately have to wipe some off on the tube's opening. I read a review here that it leaves little clumps on the end of your lashes. I thought that was weird, but yup, it happened to me. It holds the curl, but i definately have to be careful how I apply it and i have to use a comb afterwards. It clumps easily. I just put it in a cup full of hot water for 5 minutes and that'll do. I can't put this mascara on my lower lashes because it runs and makes me look tired at the end of the work day. I like the look I get from it, but it takes time and patience for it to work. It's just too much of a hassle. I won't buy again, but I'm definately glad I tried it. Maybe the waterproof one might be the one for me? we'll see....

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is my go-to mascara. I'm a make-up artist for a high end line and I still prefer this mascara over ours. I've tried tons and tons and this is the one that just makes my eyes POP! It also comes in the carbon black which I love. And for eight bucks, come on! you can't beat that.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Goopy and clumpy, just awful :( Maybe I got a bad one but it's just a mess. Glad I bought it in the States and didn't pay much for it.

This is just meh...It just doesn't do all that much for my lashes...I don't see any appreciable increase in volume, and that's what I really need in a mascara. Voluminous? Hah!

The formula is very smooth and clump free which I like, but that's not enough to compensate for its utter lack of oomph...I much prefer CG Lash Blast to this one...

UPDATE (skip ahead two weeks...): There are times when this clumps like crazy! It was fine when I first opened the tube but now it's getting nasty...The other night I had about ten lashes which clumped together on my right lash line. I never get that with Lancome mascaras or CG Lash Blast! But it's so weird how I can use it on another day (same temperature and humidity level) and it doesn't clump too much...wtf? It's a moody little thing...

I am really keeping my fingers crossed that this will not happen with Voluminous in Carbon Black...

UPDATE (4/14/08): I really don't like this stuff, and I refuse to warm it up in a cup of hot water before I use it. What a PITA...I get clumps more often than not, I can't get it to grab my lashes on the outer corners to save my life, and I hate the gumminess of this when I touch it later. The reason why I have to touch my lashes later is because this s**t clumps so much and I am now getting disturbances in my vision because the clumps actually migrate down my lashes and block my sight. So I grab my lashes to work the sticky mess off...This is just unbelievable...And it doesn't come off with eye m/u remover very easily either.

I guarantee that I will never, ever buy this crap again! This is now in the trash where it belongs...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

OMG!!
i hate this thing... i got this mascara because my friend told me that it was really good, it hold the curl and it was cheap so i was very excited and i bought it.. it is super super thick and clumpy... and when i put it on i look like that girl in the queen latifah commercial... in the part when she is like; you dont want clumpy lashes!! or something like that hehehe seriously... the first two days it wasnt that thick but then.. oh man.. if i wipe off the excess before applying it looks decent but like most masacras for me it doesnt hold the curl and its just like yucky... i have long thick lashes so maybe thats why its clumpy.. a dont know ...
i trust my friend and we have the same taste in mascara so that makes me think that maybe the one i got its bad or old or whatever hehehe or maybe i just really wanted to like it..
i would buy again because i want to make sure it sucks hehe like, ALL of them suck ... because i trust my friend and people seem to love it... so give it a try it may work out for u!!

xoxo

i forgot to say that after some hours i looked like a racoon :( and people were like "u look tired" and i was like "mmm yep" so i would get waterproof next time.. if there's a next time

Popular Mascaras