L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

on 3/4/2008 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I agree sooo much with the PP. It worked ok at first but it takes so much effort to make your lashes not look like a big clumpy mess. Hello spider eyes!!! Doesn't work for me!

on 3/3/2008 2:22:00 PM

Is it just me? This is the goopiest-globbiest mascara I've ever tried. When I pull the wand out of the tube it's not even usable without first squeezing it between tissues. The brush is thickly coated in mascara, almost to the point of not seeing the bristles under the gloop. Even then, my lashes look like I coated them in mud. I do love the super-black color. It makes my dark eyes really pop. I would definately not buy this again due to the time and effort it takes to look anything close to natural. So far my Lancome mascara is the best.

on 3/2/2008 11:23:00 AM

Very cheap &very effective. I cannot say that I got the fake eyelash look, but I have very thin, short lashes, so I was not expecting as much. It is a great mascara, but I know there is better out there, so my search continues. But I will repurchase from time to time.

on 3/1/2008 7:46:00 AM

I tried this mascara in the past and did not like it. However once I ran out of my previous mascara tube, I found this in my make-up bag and decided to give it a go once again. This time it felt way different, though, and it is now my favorite mascara. The price is not bad, the brush is really good, and the result is always great. Ocationally I will get some mascara lumps, but I always have a clean mascara brush ready just in case. I have the "Carbon Black" type and I absolutely love it. I highly recommend this mascara if you're looking for an inexpensive, yet really good volume mascara.

on 2/27/2008 11:16:00 PM

Best Mascara EVER. It Does It All! I see makeup artists using this all the time. People always ask me if i have fake eyelashes when i wear this.im such a mascara whore,and this is seriously one of the best. the best part is you only need one coat to make a difference! <3 it!!

on 2/27/2008 1:55:00 PM

A great volumizing mascara! I have worked in cosmetics for years & I am a mascara whore! I have used every high dollar mascara you can think of thinking, (like we all do), I will find that perfect one that will do it all, lengthen, thicken, blah, blah. The truth is everyone has their preferred type of mascara as far as what they are looking for. I can tell you that this mascara will clump some, (like all volumizing mascaras). A professional make-up artist tod me the best way to deal with that is, scrape the excess on the opening of the tube, that way it de-clumps the brush, but also you will not waste your mascara like if you were to put it on a tissue. Anyway, I say try it! It is also much better on your wallet as opposed to the more expensive that do half the job.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love Love Love this Mascara! La mejor del mundo, la recomiendo a ojos cerrados LOL! Me gusta mas que Diorshow.

on 2/24/2008 5:23:00 PM

You know - I like this! I got this ridiculously cheap at Wegmans on sale for 3.50 (ps to anyone who wants great makeup deals - Wegmans is the best when it comes to their sales and regular prices!) I usually have extremely long lashes (people ask me if they are fake all of the time) However I have really small eyes so I feel like I have to give my lashes the maximum push to make sure I look like I am awake! I also have red hair, so my lashes get lighter at the top and I need a good mascara to 'fill' them in. I purchased this in blackest black because I feel like black mascara makes the whites of your eyes look whiter. I applied two coats of this and I was impressed with how soft it was to apply. This mascara does not get hard and stiff like so many other formulas - it just glides on nice and thick. I'm a big fan for less than four bucks!

on 2/24/2008 4:36:00 PM

My favorite drugstore mascara! I have shortish and sparse lashes and this is the best at making them thick. I don't generally look for length in mascara because for me length isn't as dramatic as volume, so I can't say whether it's a good lengthener as well. I don't curl my eyelashes, but I find that if I really wiggle the wand at the base and do several coats (I like drama!) then my lashes have a pretty natural curve that holds well. I don't know if it's the shape of my eyes or what, but I have real problems applying mascara to curled eyelashes and I can never get the same effect, so I always go without. Also, by really getting at the base it's like insta-eyeliner! I don't use this on my bottom lashes because it flakes a lot then, but otherwise the flakiness is about average. It doesn't flake for several hours, but if I put it on in the morning it definitely is flaking by the time I go to bed 16 hours later. It comes off pretty easily with face wash (I use Clean and Clear sensitive skin foaming face wash) which is great. The formula is pretty wet, wet enough that you can do several coats without clumping or drying, but not so wet that it will smear all over your eyelids. The brush I think is one of the best volumizing brushes I've found because it is just thick enough, but not so thick I can't get at the smaller lashes in the corner. Plus, you're definitely not going to break the bank with this one. Given how often you should dispose of mascara (every three months) it's a lot more affordable than department lines and for me at least it does the same job.

on 2/23/2008 2:31:00 PM

I can't believe how good this mascara turned out to be. I still can't. I have used almost every brand, Dior, Clinique, Lancome, Chanel, Shiseido, MAC, Estee Lauder, name it, I have used them all, and when I bought this Loreal one, I was only hoping that it would hold my other mascaras on rainy days since I got the waterproof one. But WOW, after I put it on (alone), only 2 layers, my mom who usually does not invest any of her cash on makeup saw me and said: " Good lord, what happened on your lashes? Why do they look so scary like fans?" I went lollol. She didn't even say that with my Lancome. I cannot say this is as good as Dior Show, although their performance is dangerously close, but I do have to say that with this price, this mascara is exceptionally worthwhile. It does clump just a little, but with another swipe the clump goes away. I never wipe any of my mascara with tissue, for the sanitary reasons and also because all my mascaras are so expensive. It lengthens, thickens, and adds dramatic colour to my medium length but light-coloured lashes. I guess this will become a staple in my makeup collections from now on. ^^

Popular Mascaras