December 22, 2014 | 1695 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Precchan

I bought this in Very Black and am generally satisfied with the results. I have short, sparse Asian lashes and it did quite well in beefing them up. At this price point, might as well give it a try!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually did an experiment in which I tried this on one eye and various other mascaras on the other. Voluminous was heavier and wetter than any others and it literally weighed down my eyelid and made blinking difficult! It felt like smearing clay onto my lashes. In fact that's the perfect word to describe this mascara: CLAY. The mascara in the tube isn't liquid at all, it's already congealed. As you would imagine, it clumped like a mofo instantly with one coat. In addition something chemical in this made my eyes sting just by proximity. Didn't lengthen, separate, or hold a curl whatsoever. It also looked GRAY instead of black. What's up with that? Gray mascara? Needless to say I'd had enough in short order. Gray, clumpy, stinging clay?! No thanks!! The only reason I can explain the raves on this is that people have not tried a new mascara in 10 years, they LIKE putting clay on their lashes because they mistakenly assume clay gives you more volume instead of weighing down your eye and making it look worse, or they get pleasure out of taking an unecessary 10 minutes to comb out all the clumps from their lashes, wash their mascara wand, and wipe off the excess crap. If total strangers are commenting on your eyelashes, it's probably NOT a good sign people. Take it from Tammy Faye.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 2:58:00 AM More reviews by meiseen

i love this product
it adds a lot of volume to my lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by 1prettygirl

It delivers everything it says, but I'll have to say that I will stick with Mac's prolong lash. But it's still a very good mascara though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

one of the BEST.

OKAY my hg is too faced lash injection.

but voluminous (in carbon black) is very near to my hg.

i bought it after i read the reviews in MUA and i canīt regret it. really, thank you girls for giving good reviews. Itīs such a good mascara ...

it gives my lashes mucho mucho volume with no clumping at all and a lotta lotta length,

if you have a shu uemura lash curler :
IT HOLDS ITS CURL PERFECTLY !!!

so, what are you waiting for ?

AND 4,50 Euro is superaffordable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

This is the BEST mascara ever!! I've tried them all, Shisheido, Dior, Lancome, Estee, Laura Mercier, Maybelline... and Voluminous beats every single one of these mascaras.

I've been wearing this mascara for years and everytime I purchase another one, women at the mascara stand stop me to ask what mascara I use. I converted ALL my friends to this mascara and they don't use anything else anymore.

I buy the curved brush, which goes on smooth. And if it clumps up, which may happen, I just wipe the wand and reinsert, apply, and voila! It's absolutely the best mascara I have ever tried and I am NEVER switching.

EDIT: 4/4/11: I found out that Kim Kardashian's makeup artist uses this mascara on Kim. It looks fabulous!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Roxy18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara.The first week or so that i tried it i didnt really like it but i always try different ways of applying so that im not wasting money.One coat makes my lashes long thick and dark. Noticeably. The black is great at first i thought it wasnt dark enough or looked kind of grey but that went away. I definiely recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by lunacita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Purchased the Original Formula in Black.
Gave it a a good week of trial ...
Overall, my lashes looked gorgeous, but within a few hours of application, I had "lash prints" under my eyes. Ughhh. Can't use it :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by marinar

Sorry, this is a no-go for me... It just clumps and dries out like mad and I just opened the tube. Thank God I got in on sale for $4.99

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by JennyHenny

Lots of volume! I love this mascara. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lips is because I can't wear it as my base coat because it irritates my eyes like many other mascaras. Once I use another mascara as a base I like to finish my eyes off with L'Oreal's mascara to make my eye lashes longer and much more voluminous. If I put on a few extra coats when I go out at night it looks like I have false eyelashes on. As long as you dont have sensitive eyes this mascara is for you!