L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

on 3/15/2008 10:52:00 PM

Does absolutely nothing for me, it takes forever to dry, clumps my lashes together, does not hold curl, and smudges during the day. I always find black circles around my eyes from the flaking and smudging, which is annoying and embarrassing. Will not repurchase or recommend to anybody unless I hated them - but even that is cruel. Don't buy into the hype!

on 3/14/2008 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Did absolutley nothing for my lashes. Was a total pain to remove. Had racoon eyes when I woke up the next day! Total waste of money! Also, shame on L'Oreal for testing on animals!! Not purchasing any L'Oreal products.

on 3/13/2008 4:23:00 PM

I've heard such good things about this mascara so I decided to pick up a tube when it went on sale. I know for a lot of people this is their HG but I am not a fan. This mascara makes my lashes clump easily and doesn't really do the best job at lengthening either. After I finish this tube I'm going back to my fave Maybelline Great Lash.

on 3/13/2008 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is the HG drugstore mascara and better then most department store brands. For the price it can't be beat! I prefer the full volume rendition!

on 3/13/2008 9:34:00 AM

NEW REVIEW:
After having used this product for a couple of weeks I am now updating my review. IT SMEARS ON ME! After wearing it for no more than an hour on my upper eyelashes only I am getting mascara shadows under my lower lashes. I have no idea how this is happening. I do not use anything on my lower lashes because I have dark circles under my eyes (and use concealer) and mascara would only accentuate the problem. How can I possibly be getting this mascara from my upper lashes to migrate to the skin below my lower lashes? This happens with alot of mascaras that I have tried. I really wanted to like this product. Bummer! The search for the perfect mascara continues!

OLD REVIEW:
I have been wanting to try this product for awhile now, so I bought it last weekend at Ulta. I didn't think that I would like the brush, but I do. I like the color. I bought black. I like the packaging. On me it does have a tendency to clump if I'm not careful putting it on. It does make my lashes appear longer, even though they are already. Overall, I like this product and will definitely buy again.

This mascara is nice. It adds to my lashes enough for day time. I just don't feel like it stays. It almost vanishes after 4 or 5 hours? I wish I could find a perfect mascara for me. I'll keep on looking

on 3/12/2008 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an excellent mascara that lengthens and provides volume without serious clumping. My weak, wispy lashes become plush, full, and uber sexy with just a swipe of this mascara, and at the low drugstore price of just $7.99!

With that said, I do have a couple of gripes. First, it starts clumping a little after you start layering on the stuff, but you get falsie-worthy lashes after you use a lash comb, so no matter there. Second, when you first purchase a new tube, the wand tends to get a thick glop of mascara at the very tip of it where there are no more bristles. So it is necessary to tap the wand a bit to get the excess mascara off because who wants mascara in their eye?

*This started to clump like a BEAST, so -2 lippies. It lengthens and volumizes very well, but I don't want my lashes to look like a feather monster!

I love this mascara.. It makes me lashes SUPER black and thick. I love it. It doesnt clump or flake off.

on 3/11/2008 6:29:00 PM

This product thickens your lashes quite well, but if yours are short, does not add much length. For short, thin lashes, I found it works best over a lengthening mascara, such as L'Oreal Lash Out Mascara.

Eyes: Violet

I always go back to this one. This is what *Great Lash* SHOULD be - the one featured in magazines as a good, dependable mascara that doesn't do anything fancy. Never met a mascara yet that was worth five lippies and this isn't either IMO, but it's close.

It doesn't clump if you keep your wand nice and clean and don't go overboard with coats, it provides nice volume and a little lengthening, it flakes off far less than other mascaras.... plus you can play with the wandy thingy. The brush is a nice size: not too big, not too wee, a nice shape; and you can bend it where it meets the wand if you prefer applying it that direction -- like you'd approach your eye with an eyelash curler. Basically, it gives you a pretty eye.

When I want a huge dramatic difference, I go to Lash Blast or Maybelleine Xtreme XXL, but the tradeoff with that is they tend to flake and clump if you're not careful and you have to keep checking your makeup (since so much of your lash becomes *product* rather than actual enhanced lash). Voluminous stays put better, and this is one the gorgeous, gorgeous guy who worked as a makeup artist for Smashbox used when he was giving me a demonstration of Smashbox products.... the only product he recommended I keep in my makeup bag. You'd have to see this guy to know how much his approval meant.

I'll always keep a tube handy. It's nice to come home to after I've played the field with other mascaras. And it's one of the few mascaras that I think works in brown/black and brownier shades in addition to black.

Video Reviews & Tutorials