September 20, 2014 | 1508 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Lesley85

I love this stuff. I always come back to it. I have tried everything from, Dior, Mac, Estee Lauder etc... and this mascara tops them all. It does clump a bit, but same as any other mascara, but what I love about this stuff is it gives me that sexy full lash look...which is what I want. I am just going to stick to this stuff. The price is nice too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by hebamo

I used to use this mascara a lot. I think because it came free with my mom's hair dye. It works ok for the first few times but it dries out really quickly (and beleive me..I'm not a pumper!). It clumps very easily and flakes off if I wear too much. But if I don't wear enough, then my lashes just look pathetic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I have a real love/hate relationship with this mascara. It is probably the best in the fact that it adds amazing volume and length, honestly amazing. Unfortunately I feel like some of the volume comes from the fact that this is a clumpy mess!! Even if I wipe the brush before using it I get major clumps and have to comb my lashes a lot more than with other mascaras. I bought this b/c of how many great reviews it had here, but I did notice others complaining about clumping as well. It is also a bit of a curl destroyer. It doens't completely uncurl, but it does flatten it a little. Even when I curled my lashes and used my trusty primer it brought down the curl. Its too bad though b/c I really love the "carbon black" color and how soft and volumizing it is, I am not sure if I would repurchase it or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by SuRu

Loved the way this mascara looked - really full lashes and few clumps -but it flaked horribly. I'll wear it if I'm going out to dinner or having a short night but when I first tried it, I was fllying more than a full day and the flakes were so awful I had to wash it off. Smudging was minor but overall, this is a poor performing mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by barbyng

So far, this is my favourite mascara and I've tried quite a few. Thick, long dramatic lashes with only 1 coat. There's a bit of clumping which is easily dealt with by my old stand-by, a safety pin. Tends to dry out after a while, so I put some water on the brush and mix with what's in the tube periodically and it lasts forever (well, maybe not quite, but a long time). My very picky 12-year old daughter likes it as well. Definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by foxytina69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

great mascara! i used loreal double extend for many years, but wanted to try something new. i was using voluminous with the white mascara primer from the loreal double extend, and was never very impressed. i thought it looked the same as loreal double extend. then i tried it one day without the primer, just by itself, and it worked great. thick long full lashes, no flaking or smudging throughout the day, and i really appreciated the fact that i could take out the extra step of applying primer. ive tried all mascaras and i think loreal's quality really compares to lancome mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by redkitty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For drug store mascara I guess it's not bad. I bought it once and wouldn't buy it again. Smudged and flaked a bit which isn't good for contact lenses!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by xjessie

I loved the definition this gave my lashes, but I had a lot of problems with them being too clumpy - spider lashes to the point of combing them out doing no good. It also seemed a bit dry even brand new. I have quite long lashes already, and it did bring them out... just not always in a good way.

I probably won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyLatte81

One of the best mascara's I have ever tried. It goes on thicker in one application compared to other brands you'd have to apply it 2-3 times for the same affect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by shayrah

This mascara is turning out to be my "old stand by". It stays on without flaking until the tube gets old and dried out. My lashes are thicker and longer and look great. I've rarely met a mascara that I didn't like. Since I don't curl my lashes, I don't have any input on that facet.