April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in shade 120, I think. I also have the HD powder. I really like this foundation, its a perfect match to my skin and blends easily and looks really natural. Together with the powder, it looks flawless. Coverage is medium, I'd say. It lasts about 8-10 hours on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by cavalierkcs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't get the hype about this product. I found it didn't have very good coverage, and came off easily. It did look good right after application, but my face still got very oily and looked washed out after a few hours. I returned it and will not repurchase. Mat Velvet works much better for my oily skin, and gives better, longer-lasting coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by vanilladiva45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After seeing such rave reviews, I had to try this. Color 118 is a perfect match - I finally found a color that helps combat redness and look completely natural. If I exfoliate and moisturize, this stuff looks amazing. The only problem is that at the end of the day, I sometimes look flakey, as this can be super drying. For me, the coverage lasts all day and does not turn oily/shiny. It nicely hides any little blemishes, redness, etc. The color selection is great and everyone is bound to find one. While the pricetag is a bit off-putting, all it takes it one pump a day. I've had my bottle for two months and am not even halfway finished with it.

Edit: I stopped using this for a while, when the color became too light for me, and just recently went back to it. Sadly, I don't love it like I used to. It looks very obvious and I can't find a color that looks just right anymore. There are definitely better foundations for my skin type and color out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few days now & am really impressed. Coverage is fantastic yet it manages to look like I have little to no foundation on. It even covered some acne marks left along my chin. Once it's settled, it has a beautiful matte, yet glowing finish. Even after a few hours it doesn't look oily at all.
Wear is excellent. It lasted for 9 hours (I washed it off at that point) with minimal wear & tear. This was quite a feat considering I'd not bothered with a primer at all and have quite an oily t-zone.
Feels like I had next to nothing on my skin, incredibly light and great coverage? The sort of thing I'd only dreamed of.
At the moment I'm using shade 115. It's not bad but not perfect for me. A little too dark and pink-toned for my liking. It's liveable with, though. I'll try it in 117 next time and see which is a better fit (my best match is Chanel's Mat Lumiere in Porcelaine, pale neutral/slight yellow tone). I'm still loving my other top foundations (afore-mentioned Mat Lumiere & Dior's Capture Totale), but I really like this and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Galaxygirl13

Im a new user to liquid foundation, so I went into Sephora and had a SA picked out the MUFE HD and matched me to shade 120, which is a great match! (118 also worked, so I think the overall tones of MUFE shades work for my skin) I would say its a medium coverage and also a really great consistency. Not too thin like a TM, but not heavy at all. I have fairly oily skin as well as some redness and acne marks and this covered everything really well without looking too heavy or obvious. (which is what I want to go for b/c I hate the look of being made up) It was really natural and made my skin look wonderful, but sadly broke me out in small blemishes. So I returned it. But if you have non acne-prone skin I would definitely recommend this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

you are in the UK you can get hold of MUFE via mail order from http://www.makeup-provisions.com/ and http://www.gurumakeupemporium.com/ (I think this one has cheaper P&P).

I normally use MUFE MV+ and decided to give HD a go after reading all the hype on the boards here and on Specktra.

For reference I am NC20-25 and have combination skin (both mildly dry and slightly oily in places) that is acne prone (although acne now relatively under control). I got this in 118, which is the best colour match in a foundation I have ever had. Even better than MV+30 which I have normally used.

I have given this a few trials and have found the same results. It goes on flawlessly, however disappears by lunchtime, even with a primer and HD powder. More annoying is how it feels on my skin. I can feel it all the time and it irritates me, making me want to scratch. I decided to give it another go 2 days ago and wore it for one day. The following day I had 2 small spots around my mouth. I have not had breakouts for ages and am convinced that the HD foundation did it. I normally look down on people who say one day of wearing a product broke them out, as I think it sounds pretty implausable but I am convinced it did.
The overall summary is
Pros
-Great pump dispenser
-Looks flawless initially
-Great range of shades
Cons
-Expensive
-Doesn't last past lunchtime
-Makes my skin itch
-Causes breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by km1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lightweight and long lasting with excellent coverage - what more can you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MellyC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't usually use foundation but I love MUFE so I thought I'd give this a try. My only complaint with MUFE is the way they do the colors, be it eyeshadow or foundation. I wish they'd just do them in some sort of numbered system. Anyway, I have very pale skin but (I was ordering this online) the first foundation, which I assumed was the lightest, looked incredibly pink online. So I ordered the second lightest....unfortunately it's too tannish for my fair skin, so I'll have to get the one with pink undertones. But it's a nice foundation; I prefer a very natural look and except for the darkness of the color, it was pretty natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the most amazing foundation ever! It's medium to buildable and covers like a dream without looking cakey or even like I'm wearing any foundation at all, just great skin. It fills in my pores like i've never had a foundation do. It wears long, and even after many hours my face didn't look like an oil slick, but instead like i had a beautiful glow. So far my favorite way to apply is using the MAC 188 to stipple and then blend, it becomes a very airbrush like finish. I'm NC15-20 and use #115. The match is pretty close, although a little too dark in winter it just amps up my skintone instead of looking actually too dark on. Only fault is that it's Expensive! But a little goes a long way, I only use 1/2 pump for my whole face. Combined with the HD powder or my LM translucent this is HG material.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Just_Sara

I love love love this foundation!

The pros:

- It makes my skin feel extremely soft after a day of wearing this and I even have less acne. I never had that in my life! And its oil free. ( It has a time release formula to moisturise the skin.. thats why some poeple find it greasy.)

- Unlike some other foundations.. this product does not accentuate my pores. (Not saying it will totally cover them.. foundation is change of color not texture)

- It reflects the light almost like you own skintone. This one covers like a foundation, but looks more like your own skin tone. Looks great on pictures and in day light.

-Formula feels like a serum. Blendable. Buildable coverage. Little goes a long way.
(Btw.. use a concealer.. A foundation is NOT a concealer)

The con:
For me .. None!!

Coclusion: HG! My skin and my eyes love this foundation. Looks good feels good and moisturises.

I do recommend this product if you want medium coverage and natural looking skin.

Dont recommend it :
-extremly oily/oily skin
-want a full coverage
-want it to stay alllllll day