September 2, 2014 | 2067 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by rachybloom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Unless God himself gives me a foundation (or ya know, if something else comes out), I will NEVER again buy another foundation. I bought this last summer when it first came out and I'm in love. The coverage is buildable and it doesn't make me break out. I do about three pumps and mix a pump of MAC Strobe Liquid/Cream in with it to make it a little more blendable. If you think it "sets" too fast or if you just want to add a nice glow, the Strobe products from MAC make this foundation a bit more blendable and soft. Either way, this product is fabulous. I apply it with the 187 from MAC (I've also used the 109 with equally good results), and buff a little bit of MSFN on top and my skin looks amazing all day. If you don't have this yet, you NEED this. End of story.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at Sephora because they were out of the shade I wanted, which was 120. I am really glad that I didn't buy the full size of this. I do like the consistency; it feels very smooth and velvety when applying, and is extremely lightweight. I used the MAC 109 brush to apply it, as many of the beauty gurus on YouTube are raving about how perfect an application you get with this brush, with all different types of foundation, including this one. But I have oilier skin, and I felt that the finish on this was a bit 'dewy' for my liking, and in natural light (car mirror) my pores looked huge to me. I need my foundation to keep the oilies down and I felt this product fell far short when it came to that. So I'm glad I tried it, but I will not be purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by SugarCone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

picked up this foundation after seeing it in all the magazines and watching a presentation on it on hsn. I've worn so many different foundations, i don't think i have ever bought the same kind twice...always in search of something better...i used liquid because of the coverage, then wanted something lighter so got BE and hated it! have also tried smashbox halo and it didnt work for me either....this is the absolute only foundation that after you put it on, and touch your face, it doesnt feel like you just put foundation on, u know, that sticky thick feeling...it just feels bare!! i am really impressed, it literally is traceless! this is THE 1st liquid foundation that i can say that about..i even go to the gym with this on and it doesnt streak down my face( prescriptives flawless skin foundation!) this is my hg foundation! the search is over!!!! i only use one pump for my face but the coverage is buildable so i put more on if i feel theneed! if you want to look and feel like you don't have a mask on but just dont like the mineral powder foundation craze...this one is for you!.....and by the way..apply this with sephora HD airbrush foundation brush #55....goes on like silk!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by j3nnyeatworld

I had been wanting to try this foundation ever since it first came out and after a bunch of debating I finally gave in and bought it along with the HD primer in green. It was pretty pricey, but I figured if it worked well then I'd have no problem supporting my purchase. I've used it a few times so far and I've yet to be impressed. I know it's supposed to be a moderate to full-coverage foundation, but it doesn't give me good coverage at all. My Revlon Color Stay gives much better coverage. Maybe it's because MUFE's is a lot lighter and has a thinner consistency? I've been using at least 4-5 pumps and I'm not sure how much they expect me to use to achieve decent coverage. If it doesn't work better next time, I'm returning it.

Pros: lightweight, sanitary/ easy to use packaging, very wide range of colors

Cons: emphasizes all the dry patches on your skin, alright coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by annieup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. It makes my skin look really natural and youthful. I love the glow it gives me. It works well with my Mac 187 stippling brush as well as a regular foundation brush. If you like that Matte look, this foundation may not be for you. This product has more of a glowy look by mid and end of the day. I have oily skin and I touch up with a light touch of powder 6-8hours later. Sometimes, I don't at all. I prefer the youthful-glowy look. This foundation makes me feel as if I don't have any makeup on. Very light. So far, it's one of the best foundations for me. I don't seem to breakout from the product like I do when trying the others.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Arizonah13

This is a fairly decent foundation - definitely better than any drugstore option I've tried, but it has its draw backs.
First, I'm not typically oily, but I have to blot like crazy during the day with this stuff. It also seems to wear off a bit during the day (probably has something to do with the oil-inducing factor).
Also, I have lots of hyper-pigmentation spots and the coverage just isn't THAT great - its decent, but MAC's SFF is far better. I would like to add that if you just have a bit of redness (rather than SPOTS), this would probably be the perfect foundation.

On the plus side, it hasn't caused any blemishes, it actually looks very natural (even when I examine myself 2" from a mirror) and the color selection is wonderful.

My favorite way to make it perfect is 1 pump of the HD along with 1 pump of my Studio Fix Fluid in NC15. That way I get the coverage and lasting power I want along with a pretty natural look.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetie1528

Horrible product! I have an oily t-zone, but the rest of my skin is normal. This product made me look like an OIL stick all over. My cheeks were oily and that has never ever happened to me before. It was disgusting. It is THE WORST foundation that I have ever tried. A complete waste of money. It's going back!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by drfinestgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in Sephora in the shade 120 because I have really strong yellow undertones, and it matches my skin perfectly...but I sort of have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. Some days when I apply it, it makes my skin look flawless...but then other days it makes my skin look really cakey, and it emphasizes my dry patches. I dont know...maybe it's just me, maybe I dont moisturize well. But on a positive note, I would definetley purchase this foundation again, and I love this foundation because it does not break me out. It says in the bottle that it is dermatologist tested. I love the fact that the foundation comes with a pump.
All in all, I do like this foundation and I will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by badbadrubberpiggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this foundation!

I've been using mineral foundation for a few years, but lately I haven't been liking it (it seems to settle into little imperfections, and it's a bit dry for skin in the winter), so I've been searching for a good liquid. Usually, I hate the feeling of liquid foundations, they always feel like masks, or just make me greasy & even more prone to breakouts, but this one is terrific.

I cannot feel it on my face at all, and it has not caused me to break out or get greasy. It's smooth and easy to apply, and it comes in a good range of colors so it wasn't hard to find one that matched my skin tone perfectly. It looks very natural, not mask-like like some liquids.

I use a clean makeup sponge to apply it for most days, but if I want more coverage a foundation brush works well too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 4:51:00 AM More reviews by babiib00x3

I would say this beat out my MAC Studio Sculpt & Studio Fix Fluid.

Pros: easy to blend, great packaging (pump), great color selection, feels light on the face, doesn't oxidize as quickly, medium - full coverage (very buildable)

Cons: doesn't control oil well since a lot of touch up is needed, expensive, shine, coverage not as good as MAC

All in all, this did live up to the hype in some ways. The flawless finish was there since it was so easy to blend and the color selection is so great its pretty much undetectable on the face. My MAC Studio Fix Fluid oxidized too quickly and felt very heavy on my face and this MUDE HD is quite the opposite.

Will repurchase & I personally prefer this over the MAC foundations.

Future reference, I am a 153 in MUFE HD and an NC 42 IN MAC.