September 21, 2014 | 1885 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by w1lk1ns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got a sample of this at Sephora. The SA matched me with 118 which I thought was a bit dark but after about an hour it lightened up and matched perfectly. This foundation looks amazing. It is light coverage, with a natural finish. I feel like I am not wearing any foundation and it evened out my skin tone. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS: The feel of the foundation is great, it's light and you wouldn't really know you're wearing it. This is especially good considering the medium coverage it gives.
CONS: I got #110 which is the lightest shade, and was still too dark for me, and after a couple of hours it oxidised and turned orange.
It comes with a pump which would be great, that is, if the pump actually dispensed properly. My pump is very stiff and so I have to press down quite hard and can't actually control how much comes out resulting in me wasting a lot of product.
While it feels light, it looks heavy and obvious on the skin.
When I applied it with a MAC 190 and MAC 187 it looked uneven. But when I used my Illamasqua Highlighter brush to buff it in it looked better, but not great.
I have naturally oily skin, but this foundation made me look really dry. So I tried exfoiliating before hand and used various moisterisers. I used it with and without primer (MAC, Smashbox, Laura Mercier, NARS, L'Oreal) and it still looked dry and uneven.

Maybe I just expected more from all the hype it gets, but this was a big disappointment for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by dreamcloud18

blahhhh...i realllly wanted this foundation to work for me :( i gave this foundation 3 lippies because although it did not work for me....it may work for someone else. I'll start with the pros: 1.) the consistency is nice and light especially for a liquid foundation so it really does not feel like you are wearing heavy makeup or a mask on your face 2.) the color choice is excellent and did not leave me with that dreaded demarcation line 3.) it did not oxidize or change color at all which is great bc most foundations turn an ickyyy orange or yellowish color eventually...now for the cons 1.) the price....at 40.00 i was expecting a foundation that would definitely be worth that price and that would far surpass any other foundation (clinique, mac, bare minerals, sephora, drugstore brands, everyday minerals, etc) that ive tried..but sadly it didn't. 2.) I have semi dry skin but my moisturizer usually fixes that right up...but no matter how hydrated or primed my skin was...this foundation dried out my skin and accentuated dry lines which made it obvious i had foundation on...the actual liquid itself isnt heavy or obvious but the way it settled into my skin accentuating the dryness is what made it obvious that i was wearing foundation. 3.) this possibly broke me out..but i have very sensitive skin so if your skin isnt that sensitive you could very well do fine with this product. 4.) it did not last very long on my face and the coverage started to fade away off my face even with a primer, setting powder, finishing mist..etc...I wasn't expecting a complete miracle with this product but i was expecting it to be better for my skin given it's price tag. I wouldn't discourage anyone from getting this product b/c it does have some important pros that most women look for in their foundation. What i would recommend is to get a sample before you buy it. Luckily sephora has a great return policy! I now useRevlon Colorstay foundation in the oily/combo formula ( i wear Buff in that and in MUFE HD i was 115 which are similar colors) and i love it...i wore it about 3 yrs ago and loved it then and i don't know why I ever strayed away from it. It is light, gives great non-obvious coverage, and has never broken out my super sensitive skin and you can't beat the price! All in all, I would definitely recommend the revlon colorstay fd over the MUFE hd b/c it is 30 dollars cheaper and does a better job :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by manukatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am quite surprised because of the mediocre rating of this foundation. i have tried a lot foundations between high and low end brands and all i can say that this one is pretty good. i have normal to combo skin and nc 25-30 and wear the shade 125. i was matched by the mufe stylist in the shop, not sure if the colour is perfect for my skintone, at least i cannot notice any boarder on my jawline (i only apply it thinly). because i dont need a lot of coverage i aply a small amount of it starting in the areas of slight redness etc and blend it out, so i achieve a great natural look and for me it lasted all long my working day (7am till 7pm)...i probably like more my everydayminerals foundation because i think the ingredients are more natural than in the foundation (in general) and also i have become more a fan of mineral (powder) foundations where in the past i preferred the liquid ones more...after all this foundation for me does the whole job, no accentuating fine lines either, but in the end its only a question of taste- if you prefer powder you will probably could not give 5 points to this...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by annmagee

I have tried a lot of foundations recently, and I have this because it doesn't settle into my pores and the color is perfect. I really loved the Tarte Anti-Aging foundation, but all of the colors were too yellow for me. I wear MAC NW 15 and the HD 115 was perfect for me. I also tried Dior nude foundation in 20, but that was also too yellow. Anyway, I have dry skin and need minimal to moderate coverage and this is perfect. I use my MAC 187 brush and then set with powder in my t-zone and I like the look; not too make-uppy. I also like the MAC Studio Scuplt, but the HD settles into my pores less and feels lighter. I'll update if anything changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by jeangr

lots of shades to choose from and doesn't look cakey. I did notice quite a bit of shine in my t-zone after a few hours but over all a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

I have oily/combo skin and this is my HG foundation. I've been using it for about 5 months now and can only rave about it. The coverage is very good - hides all my redness and broken capillaries - but the finish looks incredible natural, like you're not wearing any foundation. I wear 118, a light warm-toned shade, and wear #30 in Mat Velvet and #20 in F+B. I wear MAC NC20-25.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by rachybloom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Unless God himself gives me a foundation (or ya know, if something else comes out), I will NEVER again buy another foundation. I bought this last summer when it first came out and I'm in love. The coverage is buildable and it doesn't make me break out. I do about three pumps and mix a pump of MAC Strobe Liquid/Cream in with it to make it a little more blendable. If you think it "sets" too fast or if you just want to add a nice glow, the Strobe products from MAC make this foundation a bit more blendable and soft. Either way, this product is fabulous. I apply it with the 187 from MAC (I've also used the 109 with equally good results), and buff a little bit of MSFN on top and my skin looks amazing all day. If you don't have this yet, you NEED this. End of story.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at Sephora because they were out of the shade I wanted, which was 120. I am really glad that I didn't buy the full size of this. I do like the consistency; it feels very smooth and velvety when applying, and is extremely lightweight. I used the MAC 109 brush to apply it, as many of the beauty gurus on YouTube are raving about how perfect an application you get with this brush, with all different types of foundation, including this one. But I have oilier skin, and I felt that the finish on this was a bit 'dewy' for my liking, and in natural light (car mirror) my pores looked huge to me. I need my foundation to keep the oilies down and I felt this product fell far short when it came to that. So I'm glad I tried it, but I will not be purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by SugarCone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

picked up this foundation after seeing it in all the magazines and watching a presentation on it on hsn. I've worn so many different foundations, i don't think i have ever bought the same kind twice...always in search of something better...i used liquid because of the coverage, then wanted something lighter so got BE and hated it! have also tried smashbox halo and it didnt work for me either....this is the absolute only foundation that after you put it on, and touch your face, it doesnt feel like you just put foundation on, u know, that sticky thick feeling...it just feels bare!! i am really impressed, it literally is traceless! this is THE 1st liquid foundation that i can say that about..i even go to the gym with this on and it doesnt streak down my face( prescriptives flawless skin foundation!) this is my hg foundation! the search is over!!!! i only use one pump for my face but the coverage is buildable so i put more on if i feel theneed! if you want to look and feel like you don't have a mask on but just dont like the mineral powder foundation craze...this one is for you!.....and by the way..apply this with sephora HD airbrush foundation brush #55....goes on like silk!!!