September 18, 2014 | 2039 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Dolce222

After hearing so many good things about BE foundation, I decided to give it a try. I bought the BE fairly light/light set. At first I loved it because it was so easy to apply and didn't take long to put it on. Although it made my face look cakey and thick, I didn't think of it much because I was told that this is actually good for your face from the sales lady. Unfortunately, my skin (that I used to get complemented for all the time for being clear and nice) started to break out very badly after using this product. I didn't know it was because of the foundation at first so kept using it but changed all my other skincare products...Only when I stopped using the BE foundation that my skin cleared up completely. I guess the product is not good for everyone. I definitely won't buy again.

After trying it again years later, I still get really itchy and red with the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by ticabastos

I love the eye shadow and powder eyeliner, as well as the brushes. I bought the "bare Gold" kit from QVC and this was my first time trying this line, but not my first time trying mineral makeup. I did not like the mineral veil--I tried it and it made my face look so dry and overly made up. Given the price and how it made me look as if I had caked on my makeup, well, let's just say I won't be buying the foundations or face powders again. But I will definitely repurchase the eye shadows and powder eyeliner--I love them! The lipstick isn't too bad, either--leaves my lips silky soft and smooth. However, I still prefer lancome when it comes to lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by carela11

I have darker/ medium complexion with yellow undertones. I found it was very hard to match. The colors that were in my range were to pink. Then the only yellowish one was too lite. Also I find that it doesn't flatter my complexion at all. It doesn't provide the coverage that I need. I also found it messy. Had several accidents when trying to apply it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

Is this really "mineral?" My face looked really cakey and oily. It was practically melting on my face. I don't understand the hype at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by krazykhaled

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not getting the hype. First of all, it was hard to find a match for my skin. Either too light, too dark, most were too pink and the others were too orange. After blending two of them, and applying it, the skin on my forehead looked like it was peeling. The skin on my forehead is usually oily, and that had never happened to me with and other mu. Sleep with this on? I'm not sure I want to go out with this stuff on!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by HeffnerMM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh, so what about hype? Who cares about the purity or whatever? I could care less what is or is not in BE. I don't like their infomercials, and I don't think their product is meant for everyone- darker ladies and older ladies with dry, flakey skin. I do know that I like it. It doesn't hold back the oilies, but no foundation on the market does that for me. I don't care about the SPF since I use it in differing amounts every day. It does not make me itch or make me look shiny or shimmery. I can build coverage easily without it looking clumpy, but I can do this with pretty much any powder foundation. I can use it over my cream concealers and BE does not build up or wipe them away like a liquid of cream would. And my number one reason- it is FAST. I could use a compact powder foundation, if I found the right color, and I would have no problem with switching. At the moment I am loving BE and also Fyrinnae's mineral foundation. I see little to no difference between the two. I will probably not buy any more BE once my rather large supply dwindles, but if I swapped for it or I received it as a gift, I would use it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by treyscrap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Please ignore the one lippie rating....It should really be a ZERO! have no idea why people seem to love this so much in magazines, and retail stores. I was really into mineral makeup for a couple years and tried many brands. This is hands-down THE WORST mmu I tried. The coverage was patchy at best and had absolutely no staying powder. Yes I used their kabuki and many others. Yes I tapped, swirled and buffed. Still the awful coverage faded off within a couple hours and left my face an itchy mess. This is one of the most incorrectly-hyped products I have ever seen! lol! It claims to make your skin better but it made mine sooo much worse!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by doanniedoan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the starter kit and loved it and after I used it up I invested more money and bought another foundation. I think I only liked BE because it felt cleaner than the liquid foundations I was used to [I have oily skin] and I was new to mineral makeup and I, unfortunately, did not do any research beforehand. I have breakouts every now and then, nothing major, so I didn't think anything when I would get a pimple or two every now and then. Then I started noticing that after wearing my makeup all day, I would come home and have small whiteheads I guess?? on my cheeks. I would wash my makeup off and go about my business at home and within a couple of hours of washing my BE foundation off, the little whiteheads were GONE. I experimented with this and wore BE all day the next day, got the little pimples, washed my face, and they would be gone. Then the day after, I wore no makeup and did not get any pimples. Then the day after that I wore BE again and the same thing happened. I then did some research online and found bismuth oxychloride to be the culprit. BE really seems to work for some people but be careful and do some researching on mineral makeup before you purchase! I was so surprised BE irritated my skin because I would not consider my skin to be sensitive at all! I now use everyday minerals and the coverage is so much better and it does not irritate my skin. They have free sample kits [comes with 3 foundations, 1 face color/blush, 1 concealer] so you can find the perfect color and the samples are very generous. They also have great customer service [I always get my emailed questions answered within a day] and even though it's only available online, shipping is very fast! I've heard good things about other brands such as alima and lumiere as well so look into all of those as well!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 3:09:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

awful awful. i hate it. it makes my skin so cakey, yucky , oily and i dont even have oily skin. arghh.,.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm allergic to almost everything in this line, but I applaud the creator for hitting the mark and offering the right thing at the right time. Its popularity has me baffled. The only people this looks good on is people who already have nice, smooth, poreless skin. Don't fool yourself if you don't. There are other products in this category that exceed it in quality and appearance. Everyday Minerals is a better buy and doesn't irritate like BE. Do the research if you want a mineral makeup - but remember: Natural isn't always better. Poison Ivy is natural.