Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 11/9/2007 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first I hated this product, but after I got the hang of applying it, I think I'll keep using it. It looks a lot more natural than liquid foundation does. I especially like the warmth because it is like a bronzer, but more subtle.

Pros:
natural looking
long lasting
decreases shine

Cons:
not good for older skin
messy
takes longer to apply

on 11/8/2007 10:35:00 PM

BM are a life saver. It took a while to learn how to use properly though. When i dont have any major break outs people will come up to me and tell me i have beautiful skin(i dont at all muahahha!) I'm young so i still get pimples and im not sure if it is because i wear makeup, but i have a feeling BM has little if not anything to do with breakouts. If youre going to buy this, make sure you have a friend or a sephora employee show you how to apply it because it can look really gross if you dont know what youre doing.

Okay, I think this is a love hate kind of thing. I believe mineral makeup and the whole BM line is great for people with normal skin, oily skin types, with no major issues other than like blotchy skin.

Stay away if you have combo, dry, large pores, acne, because this stuff will only emphasis those issues.

I hate that you have to layer product on top of product, I thought the whole point was to wear less! But with BM you need too many products, viel, foundation, blush, bronzer, etc, it's all too much for me.

Personally, I thought it looked atrocious on me and gave me magnified pores. I prefer liquid foundation, hands down. continued >>

on 11/7/2007 10:30:00 PM

The best thing I could have ever done for my skin! These products not only make my skin look flawless, but actually flawless. No more breakouts! (I have (had) very oily breakout prone skin. After wearing this makeup, there are nights when I forget to wash my face and sleep with the makeup on, and guess what? NO BREAKOUTS! I am constantly getting complemented on my "radiant beautiful skin". and that is all thanks to bare minerals ;)

incredible makeup line!

on 11/7/2007 8:48:00 PM

I wish I read the reviews before I tried. The SA told me it is good for Acne prone skin. Such regretful thing I have done! It broke me out terribly. If you have acne prone skin, watch out. I am still suffering from clogged pore after half an year. I want my clear skin back...

on 11/7/2007 2:29:00 PM

I bought this product after hearing raves from a colleague. She told me that this product makes her skin looks flawless and v. natural. I didnt see her without makeup but her skin looks pretty gd so i was convinced.

Bought it, used it. On my first 2 days of using it, i received alot of good comments from frens. They were surprised with my "refreshed" and glowy face and even enquired abt this product. But a mth into using this, i dont receive positive comments and i dont even feel that it makes my skin looks gd.

I noticed my breakouts before i read the reviews here so i am not biased. But after 1 mth of usage, i noticed that i have alot of clogged pores(i dont know if its white heads) around the bottom of my nose and i've got a couple of new pimples. I dont know whats the exact cause..can be BE, can be my diet/lack of sleep. But whatever it is, i do notice some negative effects after using it. I may switch back to using my RMK n Chanel liquid foundation..and pay attention to my skin to see if it improves. lets hope it does!

on 11/6/2007 10:02:00 PM

This product doesn't cover well and doesn't last that long. It looks okay for the first 10 minutes or so but after that it all fades away. I would say it doesn't work as well as I thought it would.

on 11/6/2007 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I purchased the tan/medium tan intro kit this past summer. I wanted to try a new foundation, especially after I read how studio fix screws up your skin.

THE BAD
1) This product is very messy. It does get better over time, but I hate how it gets everywhere! To remedy the problem, I took out the sifters and placed tape on to cover all the holes except for 1-3 of them (1 for warmth and 3 for mineral veil and foundation)

2) I didnt like having to swirl in the cover of the jar, so I took out the white plastic part based since others have recommended it. This also adds to the mess. Thankfully I did not throw away the white parts.

3) I always break out whenever I use this. I never broke out from using studio fix.

4) The brushes in the intro kit were very scratchy. I didn't like it, so I tried using my 129sh brushes. This helped, but I wish i had a better brush to use.

5) I looked shiny at the end of the day.

6) I wore this during the summer, so I would sweat. Sweat + Bare Minerals = ITCHY FACE!!

7) It was tricky to find the right color. After trying tan, med. tan and warm tan, I was matched as a warm tan. But I decided to get the tan/med tan kit bc it would be cheaper than buying everything separately. Then i bought the warm tan after having the kit for a week. Big mistake. Warm tan was too dark on me at home. poop. It also made me look like I was flustered. Not a great look to have. Finally med. tan plus a pinch of tan worked for me, but I was not interested in mixing everyday.

8) The coverage isnt so great. I do not have bad acne scarring, but there are some scars left. Even using the concealer brush did not help. THe only way for it to really work was to layer it on.

Now for THE GOOD
1) It evened out my skintone and made me looked polished. yay! That is what I really want in a foundation

2) I don't feel like I have a mask on my face.

3) The box makes a great place to store makeup if you dont have a little traincase.

So overall, I will defintiely not repurchase. I also think it has made my skin look gross and older. =(

on 11/6/2007 2:36:00 PM

I got lost in all the hype too and tried this. It was very messy and made my skin break out. I have since had much better luck with the L'Oreal version.

Let me start off by saying, I work Ulta,a makeup store, that carries the BE line and has for quite some time now. I realized after starting there this product line had become very demanded but i was really hesistant to use it because of the appearance. I'm one of the makeup artist there so i kind of got the jist of the application fast and seen how beautiful it looked on other people so I figured I would try it. Soon after I purchased the starter kit. Bad idea, not thinking most of the women i had put it on were a little more aged (30-50) i didnt think how it would look on my sking being a little more oily, sensitized, and prone to breakouts. The time i had purchased it i had been at a steady clear point(about 4-6 months after clearing up almost all of my acne) Soon after application i noticed so many cysts forming on my cheeks and chin area and i knew this wasnt right. I was constantly being reassured(and trained for that matter) that your skin is simply "purging" and taking in the great ingredients of BE. Rightt, bismuth oxychloride is one of the harshest irritants and i knew that had a great deal to do with it. Not only that but if you have any pimples, the amount of mica in it leaves a gray shiny cast almost all over any scarring or pimples its horrible. And mineral veil, lets not even get into that. The corn starch just killed my skin. I'll never buy again, and i try so hard to steer customers clear of its negative effects