Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 11/12/2007 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Sadly, I wore bare minerals fairly light 1.2 foundation for about 2 years before I finally caught a glimpse of myself in full sun in the summer... yikes!!! This stuff oxidizes horribly - I looked like an oompa loompa. It was the first mineral makeup I tried, and I stuck with it despite the fact that it sweated off, caked up, and made my face itch (I hated liquid foundation that much more). I recently discovered everyday minerals and was finally able to kick BE to the curb.

on 11/12/2007 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have acne-prone skin and this product works well for me because it does not make me break out like some other foundations do. I like it for that reason. but none of their shades match my skin good, they all give my face a whitish appearance to it and the holes in the containers are way too big, it always spills everywhere.

on 11/10/2007 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off: The color selection is just terrible. If you are pale, or dark, forget about it! Not to mention there is only one formula, when there are so many different types of skin out there. Bare minerals is overpriced and low quality. If you're looking for the best mineral makeup, try everydayminerals instead! They have free samples, great color selection and prices, not to mention it works a million times better than this garbage.

on 11/10/2007 6:05:00 PM

I never had a very good color match with B.E. I was literally right in between faily light and light, but I have such an unmatchable skin tone anyways (always had problems finding the perfect color), so that is not entirely B.E.'s fault. The powder can get cakey, and it never looked completely flawless...the more I buffed the more it would bring out the dry flakes in my skin. It also made my skin look very shiny, which are some of the main complaints I've heard from other people too. Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup is comparable, and it does not leave a shiny finish but more matte, it has good coverage, and is put on with a powder puff instead. It's better than B.E., but still not the best I've ever used.

Overall, B.E. just didn't work for me no matter how much I really really wanted it to, and kept going back to it. I love the idea of a powder foundation, but as of now, the search for the perfect one is still on.

on 11/10/2007 2:14:00 PM

Women should really understand what thay are putting on their skin when using products containing Bismuth Oxychloride. To be fair BE is not the only mineral makeup line to use this, Bismuth Oxychloride is considered a mineral but is not found in the earth! It is a BYPRODUCT of LEAD and COPPER processing and is considered a SKIN IRRITANT ! EW not something I personally want on my skin. My neighbor had flawless [ really] skin and after using BE is still trying to return it to that state. I fortunately reacted right away with a red, itchy rash and stopped using it .Bismuth Oxychloride is also used in many liquid foundations and other makeup products.

on 11/10/2007 12:26:00 PM

I was really surprised that this product did so poorly on MUA; but after reading the reviews I realize that the only reason why BM gets bad reviews is because it doesn't agree with some people's skin and not because the product is not good.

I switched over from my liquid foundation and have been using this for over a month now. I am NC35-40 and I use Medium Tan. It am so surprised at how long lasting this is. I put it on at 8 in the morning and it is still there at 2 am the next morning, without any touchups. It feels sooooo natural - when i used the liquid foundation I always had desires to wash my face around 3 pm but with this i never remember that i have it on...it's true, you do use less and less of it the more you use it

My skin wasn't bad before but I think liquid foundation made my naked face look like the living dead - I would be really insecure about going places without makeup, but since I started using BM I have liked how my naked face looks more too

I apply this with my 182 kabuki and find that I don't really have to do the whole tapping thing (oh well, less wasted product) it just glides on perfectly. There is a ton of product, I really don't forsee using the full-size up within a year, but if i do i will definitely buy again.

The first time I used this, I thought it was the worst product out there, but when I finally learned to use it right, I know think it's one of the best products out there. I have really dry/sensitive skin and I have been using this product for 3 years now. It actually improved my skin, I don't break out and I get compliments on my "flawless" skin. I tried liquid foundation for dry skin, but it always ends up irritating my sensitive skin and it dries my skin out more. At least with Bare Minerals, it doesn 't dry out my skin. The wear time is short though. I would like to try their primer to see if it makes the foundation last longer. Anyway, this isn't for everyone just like every other product out there, some will like it and others won't. The key to make this work is to blend really well and just put on a little amount, layering accordingly.

on 11/10/2007 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just could not get used to this product. I have dry skin, so I moisturized, used the primer that they sell and than tried the bare escentuals again but I came out with my face looking dry, powder in the creases and just horrible I cannot understand the hype about this product . Anyone with dry skin is so much better wearing a light weight moisturinzing liquid foundation which spreads easily and is not drying. I will not buy that product again.

on 11/10/2007 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NOT for women with dry skin. My skin started burning after using this product.After a couple weeks, I stopped using the salicylic base given with it. Thought that would do it. Nope. Thought it might be the harsh brushes. Nope not that either! It really didn't do much for my sun damged skin either, I sooooo wanted to like it. Damn, back to the drawing board! And my skin is still burning, derm said no makeup for at least a week!! Don't know if that is possible!

on 11/10/2007 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

BEWARE:
I first tried this product and LOVED it! It went on beautifully and my face never looked more pretty in photos! However a month after using it I started breaking out horribly! Almost a rash like break out! And I had acne prone skin before using this product, but for a good year my skin was under control and almost flawless! Anyway, so I started breaking out just horribly and NOTHING would get rid of it! I changed shampoos, face washes, face lotions, changed my eating habits, everything except the BM b/c I was so convinced it was "all natural" and just the way it makes your skin look when you first apply it is just awesome! However, after 6 months of this and just my face was getting worse and worse and I was starting to develop cystic acne, I just had enough and finally thought about BM and put two and two together and so I did some research and the main ingredient Bismuth Oxychloride is a FILLER and not a real earth mineral and is very BAD for skin, especially sensitive, acne, oily, prone skin!! And can cause rashes, itching, cystic acne!! Now I'm not going to completely bash this product b/c some people do really well on this product, but i'll tell you which people I think it is.....People who have very small pores, non sensitive skin, non oily skin, and non acne prone skin! Now I'm not a doctor, just that's what I'm observing through my research. Also it makes since...you have skin that produces oil throughout the day, the powder gets caught in the oil and essentially can form to a small clump, goes into pore, clogs pore, creates acne. ALSO the brush you use to apply the make up gets dirty over time and you are just reapplying bacteria onto your skin and old oil from previous applications, clean that brush and frequently change it!! and never use it on non clean skin, so always wash your face before touching that brush to your skin....Anyway, here is an article talking about mineral make up, read the whole thing if you feel like it, but page 3 is where it gets to the nitty gritty of how much mineral make up can be damaging to skin and tells you why! please read this article! I have stopped using the BM but it has damaged my skin and it is going to take some time with more frequent exfoliation that helps promote new cell growth, for my skin to go back to normal! When I found all of this out, I was very upset and I really believe people need to know!

UPDATE: I don't want to completely bash mineral make up b/c again some people aren't affected by the ingredients. So just know as with any product you try, you take a risk and just know that you can't believe every advertisement that says "all natural" and research the ingredients for every product you try for your own protection against harming your skin. If this product is an irritant to your skin as it was to mine and you still want to use a mineral form make up, than find a make up that doesn't contain the Bismuth b/c there are mineral make ups out there that don't contain that b/c it is known to be an irritant to some people's skin..if it's the Bismuth that you're reacting too. It might be the other ingredients too, who knows, It's a trial and error process with all face products. You have to decide if it's worth it or not! But most likely had I known about the irritants of Bismuth I probably wouldn't have tried it b/c I know I have sensitive skin. I hope this helps people, and to the people that it works well for, that's awesome and I wish I could say it did the same for me!