November 29, 2014 | 1459 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by salesgirl5150

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the colors on this palette. This is my first UD purchase. I am a bit disappointed that the colors don't stay on my lids as much as I would like since I have a bit of a hooded eye problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by biancastefani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette contains the eyeshadows: Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), Gunmetal (dark grey metallic).

My absolute favourite palette of all time! LOVE IT! The colours are quite neutral but theyre not just different shades of beige. It has such a lovely range of textures and colours that are all flattering and complimentary, which is very rare for a UD palette. Usually, they are all very glittery and they don't all compliment each other, as well as being unflattering to many skintones, and there seems to be one or two shades that I use at maximum once. In this palette, there are warm tones and cool tones, highlights and shades, mattes and shimmers, satins and sparkles, and also a double sided 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil! It also comes with a mini bottle of the famous eyeshadow Primer Potion.

The brown velvet box with gold foil writing is beautiful and classy. It's lovely to touch and it looks lovely on a dresser.

The eyeliners are great. There's the famous Zero (an intense black) and the new Whiskey (a rich brown). They're amazingly soft and creamy and glide on smoother than any other pencil liner's I've tried. They're very smudge/blendable, but very long lasting and I don't usually have a large problem with creasing (none at all if I wear a primer).

The Primer Potion has always been my go-to primer (save for the MAC Paint Pots). For those of you who are quite new to the world of makeup, a primer is used to make your eyeshadow last a lot longer without creasing, while also giving a good base to make the colour more intense and vibrant. A little seriously goes a long way!

The eyeshadows are so creamy and blendable, with intense colours that compliment each other. They do crease relatively easily on my oily skin after approximately 2 and a half hours, but when teamed with the primer, I've got a good 14 hours wear with no creasing and absolutely minimal fading.

My favourites are definitely Virgin, Naked, Buck and Smog. They are extremely flattering and I've used them the most so far. :)

The only thing that annoys me about the entire palette is the glitter fallout. Now, this doesn't apply to the matte or satin colours, but the shimmer and sparkle eyeshadows are an absolute pain. Fortunately, it's relatively easy to remove (just using a bit of cellotape) and pretty easy to prevent by using a tissue to catch the fallout (admittedly, it is - at times - slightly fiddly).

I honestly don't think I'd need another palette. It's beautiful and completely me! And at only 27, it's the perfect price for such a perfect collection of products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by itisally

The colors are so versatile. I can use this palette for school or for when I go out. The eyeshadows are really pigmented and smooth and the duel sided eyeliner pencil is a great bonus. I really love this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

First of all, this has basically every color you will need to create neutral looks from DRAMATIC to EVERYDAY. The colors are shimmery for the most part, which is good to me (might not be to you though) because I feel they are easier to blend as shimmery shadows. UDPP is great, also, and I haven't tried the liners and probably wont. I would say my most used shadows of this box are Sin, Virgin, Sidecar, Toasted & Gunmetal. All of the shadows in this box are nice, and wearable colors... Except to me, I really don't care for Naked.

This palette is great, I will not deny that, but there are a few downfalls. SIDECAR (which I love) and GUNMETAL (which I ALSO love) have some MAJOR glitter fallout. I wouldn't care much if I didn't like these colors, but they are among my faves and I must blot under my eyes/cheeks with tape to pull the glitter bits off.. and it continues to fall off through the day. The palette itself is furry and seems to be a magnet for extraneous fuzz/shimmers and its a bit long to store in my MU bag. Otherwise, I love the mirror in it. Would have been the TOTAL package had they included an application brush.. Which I feel they should have.

Anyways, With all that said, this is a great buy. I wouldn't pay buku bucks for this but i feel the $44 SRP is fair. There may be a few colors you don't use, but to me and I feel many people, are all very wearable which makes it an excellent value. Everyone should have this, a staple in the MU world.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sschroedl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this on clients; it's my go-to palette of the moment! I wish there were more matte shades in it, but overall it's a solid investment.
This is my second UD palette, the other one is the Ammo palette. After a little research before purchasing, I saw that even though there is 2 or three repeat shades in it, I liked those colors and felt it was a bonus. I'd also say that most of these shade look quite warm on my skin tone, so I'm wishing and hoping for a neutral-cool palette in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by yenichii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a feeling I would love this palette from the moment I clapped eyes on the photo. I nearly screamed when I finally managed to get my hands on one of my own! I was SO happy.

I am totally NOT disappointed. I have spent the last 5 days trying out 5 different blends each day from super bare to smokey and glittery and I frankly adore it. For me, nothing can beat this selection of browns and nudes! I'm normally very fussy about a palette because there's always a few colours i end of just chucking but out of the Naked set, there isn't a colour I haven't tried and not loved.

They last all night long, especially with the primer potion (the baby bottles that comes with the set is just too cute) even if you spend the whole evening in club and don't go home till next morning. *ahem*

Reading what others have said I have to say that I agree that you get the most out of these colours if you've also invested in a set of good brushes because they blend so wonderfully! In summary, every girl should one of them!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just to inform- I managed to purchase this on the debenhams website this month and it is also stocked in Boots! So go ahead and buy! hehe anyway onto the review. I genuinely do adore this palette! It is just sooo me! I love neutrals and the quality of Urban Decay eye shadows is just gorgeous. The colours blend nicely and there is a good range of day to night shades. I would recomend investing in some good brushes (mac etc.) just to compliment how good these realy are! I honestly don't think I will be buying any more eye shadows for at least a year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

AMAZING!! My first UD purchase and one of my very few high end purchases. I usually purchase drugstore items. This is so worth getting (if you can get your hands on it). I got really lucky and called a local Sephora in JCPenney and the girl told me they had just gotten some and would hold one for me. The shadows are like butter- very soft and smooth, blendable, excellent pigmentation, beautiful finishes, great staying power, and some absolutely beautiful colors!! Love the different finishes also- and the mattes are awesome! Not a bad price either considering there are 12 full size shadows each which normally sells for $17 each, 2 smaller liners, and a small UDPP for $44! Really not bad at all! Get this if you can! As with most UD products, the packaging is super cute but not practical. This palette gets really dirty really fast. It attracts dust, hair, anything that will make it look dirty fast. I keep mine in the plastic package it came in but it's still very dirty.
Update: It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I got this and I'm still SO in love with it!! I have literally used it every single day for my eyeshadow since getting it! This is amazing for me as I own plenty of eyeshadows of every different color, finish, etc. I have lots! But I still can't stop using this b/c I know that no matter what colors I pick they will ALWAYS look amazing and without much work! God I love this thing! However, I don't love "Sidecar" as it has so much fallout, but all the others are great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by bluesky008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've just got this palette today.
I would like to say, this palette is the best eyeshadow i've ever got.
The texture is so nice, color is vibrant, and these neutral colors are just nice for everyday look to smoky eyes.

I really love this palette.
this palette is really useful for daily use!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by pinknplush

Just another RAVE REVIEW for this palette! It's just simply genius! I worked my way using this palette and amazingly tons of tutorials are available online so I didn't have any problems using and combining colors :) This is my first e/s palette. I have been a huge fan of smokey-neutral-naked looks and I just knew I had to get my hands on this one from Urban Decay the moment I laid my eyes on it. Actually I got this sold at a tad higher price as it went sold out everywhere so I really find it really expensive (I wish I had gotten it for $44) but well since I'm losing sleep wanting this.. I took it. ;) and I'm so glad bec it's all worth it. All the colors in this palette are usable it just depends on how you mix and match. the added mini primer potion and dual ended 24/7 pencils are plus points too. I would definitely recommend and will repurchase over and over as long as it's available :)