October 20, 2014 | 1981 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loooooooove this foundation! I definitely have not had the problems that other reviewers found...on me this lasts all day and it looks really good even after a long day. I also love how 110 is the perfect shade for me...it disappears on my skin and even though it looks very naturual it still somehow covers well...and if I have any blemishes or minor imperfections, I just apply a tiny bit of concealer before I put my foundation on and my skin looks FLAWLESS! I also don't use the primer or the powder that you are suppose to so the foundation works fine without them, but I do think it's good to set it with some sort of powder.

Anyway I definitely recommend this foundation...especially if you are very very pale with pink undertones because 110 will be your PERFECT shade!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product seems to be one of those things that people either love or hate. I think it must be very reactive to different types of skin..unfortunately it didn't react well to my skin. First, the color was wrong (117, I think I needed 115), so that didn't help. Other than being too yellow (which doesn't affect my rating), it looked really good at first, but then it would seperate and sort of melt off my T-zone, which was weird because I don't have oily skin. I see the potential in HD because sometimes it looked really pretty on me. At least for about 3 hours. :) At any rate, I'd suggest that you try it, because you might have the 'right' skin for this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Love This Stuff. So much so I would have never tried the new Studio Sculpt foundation if the MAC MA hadn't put it on me. Anyways as far as I am concerned, I'm done. I've found my HG. I will probably wear mineral foundation in the hot summer months, but it's MUFE all the way for me from now on.

I have mixed Golden Red undertones, that are beautiful to me, but difficult to match. This foundation not only had my undertones, but has them in two colors (175) and (180).

It's got great coverage, but it's still light and I'm really sensitive to heavy foundation coming from wearing MMU. It's moisturizing. I have dry skin and my skin actually feels a bit better after wearing it. It builds well and to be honest the quality of the foundation is so amazing you'll get great results no matter how you apply it. I generally use my 187 or 109, but I've touched up with my fingers and sponges and it blends perfectly that way as well.

My only beef with this foundation is that it doesn't really "set" to it transfers a lot on me. More than what I would consider normal.

*For reference I hate Studio Fix Fluid. I think it's too heavy and cakey. Studio Fix Fluid also has that chemical make up smell and MUFE is oderless. I wasn't impressed by Studio Sculpt. It didn't do anything for my skin, it could have been drug store.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by gina2328

The first time I used the foundation I didn't like it. I only used about 1 or 1 and 1/2 pumps from the bottle. The second time I used 2 pumps and I liked it a lot. It has great coverage and a nice finish, and I get a good match with # 115 (Mac NW20). The brush I use is the Mac 187 and I stipple it on.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YUCK! I got suckered in by the hype... What a disappointment!!! My $4 bottle of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Cream foundation beats this. What a shame, I had such high hopes for it. Coverage wise, I found it to be pretty sheer... that is in comparison to Studio Fix Fluid, EL Double Wear. It hardly covered any redness, (I used shade 117). It also left my face very oily looking by mid afternoon, and by the end of my day this foundation disappeared and separated... gross. Thank goodness I sampled this from Sephora before I purchased... There are MUCH better foundations out there (Laura Mercier, Prescriptives...etc)....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by latinasian6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I SWEAR BY THIS PRODUCT. It's my holy grail and I have been using this religiously for the last 3 years and it's never failed to impress me. No other brand can match the colours available in this range of foundation. Perfect for mixed race girls. First of all being mixed Spanish and Asian, it's really hard for me to find foundation that matches perfectly, even MAC with all their array is too orange. Dont even bother about other brands, I have tried every brand and nothing came this close.
It matches my skin PERFECTLY. Even if I get a little darker, it blends in. Some people say it has medium coverage but for me it has AMAZING FULL COVERAGE, so I am not complaining! Also, its VERY LIGHT, never feels heavy even when I like to pack it on with the brush when I want to look EXTRA perfect! It's definitely buildable and you can keep reapplying it without it looking cakey. Not sure why some girls said it looks cakey but I guess it depends on their skin type. Because my skin is a bit dry due to my acne system that I must use each day, I actually mix this foundation with pure unrefined coconut oil or a light moisteriser and it will leave your face flawless.

Everyone compliments my skin when I wear this foundation and I in no way have perfect skin, though this foundation makes it look perfect. COMPLETELY worth the 43.00

PS - To all the girls complaining its dry when u used powder, U Shudnt be using powder if its making ur skin that dry, it means u have sort of dry skin. (In the past I used to put powder over my foundation too and wondered why my skin was dry, its because my skin doesnt need it) If you have dryish skin, this foundation doesnt need powder, just use moisteriser with this foundation and it will leave ur skin beautiful.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by goldenchiffon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very gimmicky for nothing really special. I have switched over the last few years between Chantecaille, Giorgio Armani, Bobbi Brown & my latest try was this. I would have to say that this ranks last overall. The coverage is decent but by the end of the day (even after setting it with HD powder) it would be almost completely gone. Also, I have never had issues with pimples, but after a few weeks of using this I had more than my share. After looking in the mirror today & seeing that my skin looked very ashy & dry I decided to take this product back.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by MoonLightOnWater

I use HD #153 & #128 to get the proper color for my complection. I agree that the coverage is heavy, but it blends flawlessly and looks very natural once everthing "sets" with a little facial oil (or a spritz of water). I've used Prescriptive (sand tint w/deionized water) way back in the day and it was the perfect color for me. As usual, the product was discontinued and I've never found anything that I really liked until I found Make Up Forever HD.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by claireknowles

Nice, but a little heavy on the coverage. The shade is great (117), but I think I prefer the Face and Body Foundation that's a little sheerer. I would re-purchase though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kexin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reference: NW20 Combo skin
I have used this in shade#118 for 3 months now. It is now my HG foundation. I set it with MUFE HD powder. If I will be out all day, I dust first with MAC blot, then dust with HD powder. I use SK skunk to apply buff this foundation in.
Last week, I switched back to MUFE F&B, just to try it out. Later, checked my make up in the car mirror later,and thought "Hey, since when do my pores show up through foundation? And why does my skin look so dull?" Then I remembered it was a MUFE F&B foundation day. Obviously, I will only be using HD from now on.
On, and despite living in the sunny Caribbean, this stays on my face ALL day.