December 19, 2014 | 1622 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by portia89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

just bought this today and i looooooooove it! my skin looks so pretty and natural!! you have to use the hd white powder over it though to make it gorgeous

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by naziap

i generally hate foundation...its something i avoid and wear once every 4-5 months to some special event. The reason i hate it is because 1) it makes my skin oilier 2) it never blends right and doesnt look natural on me 3) it can break me out a little 4) somehow makes my skin look worse

I got this b/c i had to go to a bunch of weddings and i needed to fix the above problems. This was GREAT. i recommend it to everyone. it made my skin flawless, natural and dewy without being oily. it didnt make my flaws stand out more like other products do (mac, estee lauder, etc). i did get that soft focus look, especially when using the HD powder ontop. lasted all night. i recommend this for olive skin tones, especially south asians who find it hard to find the right stuff in other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by zilla309

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my favorite liquid foundation that i have tried to date. it covers well, but doesn't ever look cake-y, and yet somehow it manages to feel very light almost powder-y to the touch, yet it doesn't look powder-y on, its more of a natural/satin finish.. it goes on so smoothly and evenly, it takes hardly any effort to blend it well, and a little bit goes a looong way.. the only bad things i have to say about it is that i wish it came in a larger variety of colors, especially for people with yellow undertones & a light complexion. also, it is quite pricey.. i'm not sure if i can afford to purchase it on a regular basis.. but its so amazing, i don't know how i can live without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Jenls27

Do not get this if you have any kind of oily skin. I like medium coverage and I don't think it did it's job.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by xclueless

I was very excited about this product when I first received it and thought it would be my forever HG foundation but I was wrong. I have acne-prone skin and a lot of acne scars and I feel that the only thing this foundation helped me get rid of is my noticably large pores. It provides very minimal coverage and did not cover my scars or blemishes at all. If you have naturally nice skin and is someone who just needs a foundation to even out your skin tones then this foundation is perfect for you. However, if you are acne proned like I am and have blemishes then this foundation should be avoided, especially for such it's price. I am not even done with half of the bottle but I am looking for a new foundation because I am so disappointed with how it came out on my skin. What a waste of 40 dollars.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopsticks

I got this stuff awhile ago which is when I stopped using it. I thought that the coverage was not that great. It also dries very fast when applied so you have to be very quik when blending or you will end up with streaks. For such a pricey product I don't think its worth it. Might be good mixed with moisturizer but then that would take away from the coverage. No go for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by boyledegg

AWESOME foundation!! Definitely my HG. Great coverage, and surprisingly natural looking! Photographs beautifully! The packaging is also a god send, the plastic container is basically unbreakable which should save me a fortune in broken glass foundation bottles!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by besobeso

I was reluctant to buy this product at first because I had read a lot of reviews saying it was terrible for oily skin. So I opted for Laura Mercier's oil-free foundation and ended up absolutely hating it. Thus, I was forced to reconsider MUFE HD foundation and I'm glad that I did.

The coverage is really unlike anything I've ever seen before. The foundation goes on beautifully and it covers like a dream. One layer and I can skip the concealer.

It also photographs beautifully. This has always been a problem for me because all of my foundations have SPF. This one does not, therefore I try and stick with using it at night. Also, the finish is better for nighttime. I feel like during the day, the coverage is almost too much and I like looking more natural during the day.

The only thing that has been irking me is that the foundation is not great for oily skin but unlike other foundations, oil-fighting primer and setting powder don't seem to do anything. As a result, the color gets a little darker after a few hours. Not orange or anything but darker. That's the only problem I've had with it so far.

It is pricey but it's well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by krollbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read so many good reviews about this foundation I went to my local Sephora store and purchased it. I just switched over from mineral makeup...I went from using BM to EDM to PurMinerals...I was itching to go back to liquid but was having a hard time because everything that I purchased broke me out or it just wasn't for me. I have been using this foundation for about 2 weeks and I have to say that I really like it. I haven't worn liquid foundation for years because of the MMU that I forgot what it's suppose to look like or feel like. I apply it with my Mac 187 brush and it goes on perfect. I pump some on the back of my hand, dip my brush and dot my face and it covers well. It doesn't look cakey or anything like that. For reference I am a 128, in BM I was medium tan. It lasts the entire day....even through my afternoon nap. Actually, when I wake up from my nap I swear it looks better...it looks dewey. I have combo skin, which tends to get oily in the nose, cheeks, and chin. All I have to do is simply grab some tissue paper and blot if I need it...we will see how this works in the HOT summer days...but other than this I think it is a good quality foundation and I will consider buying it again....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by daisies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing this after the first wearing, but I have to say this stuff is amazing. I needed a medium- to full-coverage foundation because I just got over the chickenpox and my other foundations were too sheer to help cover the scars. MUFE HD foundation is definitely full coverage, but once it's on, it's so smooth you can barely tell you're wearing foundation. In addition, I'm a figure skater and I purposely wore it to practice to see if it held up after a workout. Not only did it hold up after I skated, but it's now eight hours since I first applied it and it still looks flawless. I wear shade 117; for reference, I am shade 20 in MUFE F&B, NC20 in MAC and Cashmere in Becca LSC. Also, I applied the HD foundation with a foundation brush and I used it in conjunction with the HD Primer (in shade 0 - the invisible one), the Full Coverage concealer (shade 4) and the HD Powder, which I applied with the MUFE kabuki brush. I will update this review if I encounter any problems, like breakouts, but for now this one's a keeper!