October 31, 2014 | 849 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

I love this product, but I think it's easy to go wrong with it. You must blend it well or it will look obvious/frosty and streaky or blotchy. I put it on over my primer and then blend the foundation over it with a stippling brush in a side-to-side motion to make sure it's well-blended. Used conservatively, this adds a dewy, healthy glow. Use too much and you may look like a little girl playing with mom's makeup or a Las Vegas showgirl. Start with the smallest amount you think you'll need and build from there, as it's impossible to remove it without starting over and you can only blend it into the rest of your features if you use too much, which defeats the purpose of targeted highlighting.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried this and YSL touché éclat for comparison, as I'd like to try YSL but it's so expensive. I took one lippy off because the glow isn't as natural as I'd like and its icy pink hue is made for cool complexions, not warm ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Rosathemua

I LOVE High Beam! I first discovered it while I was working for Sephora, and I love recommending this to my clients. This product works best on light to medium skin and suits those with pink or neutral undertones or cool skintones. I have light skin and warm undertones and am able to pull it of, however in my opinion it looks more natural and blends into the skintone with those who have cool skintones. This stuff makes you look like your skin is glowing, its absolutely gorgeous. if youre looking for Dewy skin, BUY this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by laurenevans23

This is by far my favorite highlighter I have used (I also have other highlighters by Benefit, MAC and NARS). I mix this with my foundation every day to achieve an all over glowing look, and then add a few dots on my cheek bones to highlight. This product gives a natural look on my fair skin (NW15) and I have received so many compliments after using this. The only slight negative is that you need to blend the product thoroughly as it can look glittery and oily in the sunlight if it's applied too heavily or not blended. I would without a doubt recommend this product to anyone looking for a versatile highlighter!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Savikins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's really just alright. It's too greasy to use on my face, but it is a nice brow highlighter. For the money it costs, it's really not worth it! I don't see myself buying this again, as I was very unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I put off buying this literally for years because it seemed too expensive, and not a necessity. I'd been using shimmery powders to highlight, and they never gave me the look I really wanted. Finally, I found an Ulta by me and decided to purchase this, and I'm really glad I did. It gives you a very natural glow, I don't see sparkles at all. The staying power is decent, I wear it over foundation and set it with Urban Decay's Dew Me spray. I use it above my cheekbones, and on the inner corner of my eyes. You only need a tiny bit, so hopefully this will last a while. I will purchase it on ebay next time I get it, because I can find it at least $10 cheaper than retail.
    Update 2/21: this gets so messy around the opening, and a lot of product seems to get wasted because it dries out and gets cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty pearly pink luminizer. Looks great mixed with foundation or applied to tops of cheekbones and other places you would like a little pretty pink highlight. Very liquidy, but not runny.

Update: A very sweet friend sent me the Boots No. 7 High Lights lotion and this look exactly the same as the highbeam! Being that the Boots one will last me quite a long time, I will not be repurchasing Highbeam.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous highlighter, I love the pinky gold undertones. It looks great with a bronzer to give a dewy healthy glow, especially in the winter. The consistency is a little runny, so I let it set on the back of my hand before I apply it to face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a benefit newbie, I was recommended by one of the lovely benefit sales assistant to buy the Tropi Coral gift set, which included High Beam, Cha Cha Tint, Coralista and the Coralista lipgloss.

This product just adds the finishing touches to my face, I see most people only wear this when going to events or when they will be getting photgraphed alot, but ive added this into my daily make up routine.

Will defo be buying the large bottle when my mini has run out :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Marywanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I still have an entire bottle of this stuff cuz I think it sucks. Whenever I apply it, it's always frosty and blotchy and it doesn't matter which part of the face I apply it to, it always looks bad. I'm not sure if its my insanely dry skin that hate's it or if it is actually a bad product, either way the bottle is cute and it smells nice but I'll never re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by lepoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this highlighter and it is definitely my HG. I usually mix this with my concealer and use it to highlight my forehead, nose, cupid's bow, chin, my cheekbones, and my inner eye. If I use my MAC 128 brush, I can get it to look stunning. All I do after that is set it with a few dabs of transluscent powder and it is set! I am not a big fan of the packaging because I don't like the nail polish applicator, but if I pull it off the brush with my makeup brush, then it is sort of a moot point. Would I buy this product again? Absolutely!!