September 18, 2014 | 2008 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

I put off buying this literally for years because it seemed too expensive, and not a necessity. I'd been using shimmery powders to highlight, and they never gave me the look I really wanted. Finally, I found an Ulta by me and decided to purchase this, and I'm really glad I did. It gives you a very natural glow, I don't see sparkles at all. The staying power is decent, I wear it over foundation and set it with Urban Decay's Dew Me spray. I use it above my cheekbones, and on the inner corner of my eyes. You only need a tiny bit, so hopefully this will last a while. I will purchase it on ebay next time I get it, because I can find it at least $10 cheaper than retail.
Update 2/21: this gets so messy around the opening, and a lot of product seems to get wasted because it dries out and gets cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty pearly pink luminizer. Looks great mixed with foundation or applied to tops of cheekbones and other places you would like a little pretty pink highlight. Very liquidy, but not runny.

Update: A very sweet friend sent me the Boots No. 7 High Lights lotion and this look exactly the same as the highbeam! Being that the Boots one will last me quite a long time, I will not be repurchasing Highbeam.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous highlighter, I love the pinky gold undertones. It looks great with a bronzer to give a dewy healthy glow, especially in the winter. The consistency is a little runny, so I let it set on the back of my hand before I apply it to face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a benefit newbie, I was recommended by one of the lovely benefit sales assistant to buy the Tropi Coral gift set, which included High Beam, Cha Cha Tint, Coralista and the Coralista lipgloss.

This product just adds the finishing touches to my face, I see most people only wear this when going to events or when they will be getting photgraphed alot, but ive added this into my daily make up routine.

Will defo be buying the large bottle when my mini has run out :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Marywanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I still have an entire bottle of this stuff cuz I think it sucks. Whenever I apply it, it's always frosty and blotchy and it doesn't matter which part of the face I apply it to, it always looks bad. I'm not sure if its my insanely dry skin that hate's it or if it is actually a bad product, either way the bottle is cute and it smells nice but I'll never re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by lepoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this highlighter and it is definitely my HG. I usually mix this with my concealer and use it to highlight my forehead, nose, cupid's bow, chin, my cheekbones, and my inner eye. If I use my MAC 128 brush, I can get it to look stunning. All I do after that is set it with a few dabs of transluscent powder and it is set! I am not a big fan of the packaging because I don't like the nail polish applicator, but if I pull it off the brush with my makeup brush, then it is sort of a moot point. Would I buy this product again? Absolutely!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by LoveMariee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good highlight for the winter time. Adds a nice glow & I think its great for the price.The packaging is ok not the greatest but its fine bc the product is good

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by jaj5020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's pretty versitile- it can either be fairly concentrated, or you can blend it out until it's very subtle. It's a pinkish tone, and is brightening.
I use it in the corner of my eyes and on my cupid's bow. I also apply a little to the tops of my cheekbones as a highlighter (it blends out really well, until it's barely noticeable). I don't use much at all, a couple of dots a day, so the bottle last forever, at least with the way I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by S2Pati

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product.
It's not good for a sunny day outdoors hangout, this put aside, it makes such a huge difference wearing it. I love the dewy effect specially in winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sabz94

Appearance
First time I tried it on I just liked the way it highlighted and brightened the face. I applied it on the bridge of my nose, in a C-shape around my eyes and eyebrows, and on my cheekbones. I have to say that I love, love, love the brightening, slight shimmering effect!

Comparison to other BeneFit products
Unfortunately I can't compare it to Moon Beam, which I'm dying to try!
But I CAN compare it to That Gal Primer - That Gal has a brightening, pink-ing effect upon application. I think they both work in different ways and as such can't really be compared on how they work otherwise. This is because That Gal does not have the same shimmering effect, while it is generally applied to the whole face. I know you can mix High Beam with your foundation but it works best as a highlighter in my opinion!

Packaging
I personally don't mind the little bottle it comes in, as I use the brush to place drops on my face, then use my fingers to blend anyway. I think the bottle looks cute and classy too!

Price
Definitely pricey, so if you're not 100% sure try getting hold of a sample before purchase. I think it's going to last me as I use so little daily, and so price-wise it probably isn't too crazy. Perhaps a bit extreme in comparison with other much-loved highlighting products from other brands.

Rebuy
Yes, despite the price I do love it. Before rebuying though, I'm definitely going to do more comparisons with other products/brands! x