April 20, 2014 | 1015 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by missesB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a joke. First of all doesnt control shine. Second- I see not difference in make-up application (I use concealer and powder). Also the bottle it comes in is deceiving. It looks like a lot- but there is not. I mean you only need a small pump for your whole face- but all of the sudden it looked like my bottle went from full to gone. Waste of money for what it promises. Only pro is that it did not break me out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Got this in a swap. Used it for the first time today and my makeup looked like it was gone halfway through the day. Isn't this supposed to make my makeup look smoother and last longer?! It also made my face oily, even though I don't have oily skin. Won't be using again. Sephora's primer is good and I'm going to try MAC's Prep and Prime tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the first make-up primer I have ever used and it's a total WOW-product for me!!!
I have an oily, shiny t-zone where make-up never lasts longer than 5 hours. With this primer it lasts about 4-5 hours longer - really! I mean, it's not like freshly applied after 10 hours, but it's still noticeable for me that I have put on make-up and there is no redness or much shine.
I admit, the price is very high and it made me hesitate before I bought it. But as I only use primer for special occations, I think one bottle will last for 6 month at least.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by eliza001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product with high hopes, but my face has not looked this pimply since junior high. I have painful acne wherever I have applied this product. I have had more acne since beginning this product two weeks ago, than I have had in two years. My face also feels just as shiny as before. Would never buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I got this as a sample and I've been using this for the past two days.
I apply this on the centre of my forehead, down my nose, chin, and on the apples of my cheeks. In total, I use a pea size amount - not even a pump I would estimate.
I'd apply this, and wait for 5 minutes for the primer to sink into my skin.
The feeling that I get after I've applied this is that my skin feels very smooth and semi matte. When compared to the Make Up Forever HD Primer, this leaves a more moisturizing feel to it, and both primers leave my skin semi-matte.
The consistency of it is a white cream - unlike the MUFE's HD primer, it is not a gel. The cream is very smooth.
So I've been using this for the past two days and the bottom line is that it keeps my foundation on. It controls my oils alright, but I do see some oils peaking through after 8 hours of wear, however, not enough for me to have to reapply powder. My foundation stays on, does not sheer out, and looks somewhat the same as it did when I first applied it early in the morning.
Compared to MUFE HD primer, it's oil control is the same, and I like the consistency of the Smashbox primer more. I also enjoy working with a creamy primer than the gel. However, the MUFE HD primer holds on my foundation a lot better. My foundation looks exactly the same after 12 hours of wear to when I first applied it.
As for the packaging - I like it. It's a pump therefore it is efficient and you're able to get the last drop. The price is OK seeing how it does do a job of what a good primer should do.
Unfortunately I will not repurchase this. I like the MUFE HD primer more and I'd rather spend my money on that primer instead of this because that MUFE primer does hold my foundation on a lot better than this one does.

I prefer this primer a lot more than MUFE HD primer as I have noticed some breakotus from the MUFE primer.
I also want to correct that, this primer does keep my face semi-matte. After 10 hrs of wear, I do not see too much oil peaking through. I like it very much, not too silicone-y, but still moisturizing at the same time.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jay45

One of my friends highly recommended this product so I thought I would try it. I have oily skin and she told me it would help my makeup stay put all day. I do like the feel of it on my skin, however, it make me break out extrememly bad everytime I used it. Because of that I had to stop using this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been wanting to try this primer for so long because of all the celebs that say they love it. I however found it not so amazing. I found that I had to apply a lot of it to get a good, even coverage. And it did not seem to make my makeup look fresh like I was expecting. It is very disappointing because this is really expensive - just not worth it for the little effect. The packaging is really smart the way it pushes up. I felt like I was getting every last drop of it out. I wish more makeup products were like that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by larsonwendy

I have the .5oz sample size, which will last a while because a little goes a long way with this stuff.
I love how it doesn't feel oily when I put it on, it's not siliconey feeling like the original version of Photo Finish is. I like that it's more like a moisturizer.
It did keep oil at bay and kept my makeup on all day...which is what it's supposed to do.

only 4 lippies because of the price (almost $20 for a half an oz WTF!)
I will however repurchase the full size.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Sobria

This did nothing for me. It didn't help control my oil at all. It feels smooth and all, like silicone, but my pores were still visible after I put on foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I love this product! It is one of the best primer I have ever used. When I first used it I thought I would hate it and these are the reason:

- When I dispense one pump of the product on my had, it came out like a thick oily fluid and when I applied it on it was like dried (well it felt dried)

- It smelt of a strong caramel which I hate (I like old school make up smell)

- It seems abit thick on the face

All that combine I thought it was a bad product I thought it was going to make my skin break out soo badly.

To my suprise it was one of the best primer I ever used! Makeup stayed on soo well, my blush and foundation stayed on all day no need for touch up. How great was that?

I love the packagin for this product, it was soo easy to use, it came in a pump bottle. Living in Australia finding smashbox products is very hard and the prices are ridiculous, but in general, I though it was value for money!

Would I buy it again? Definitely