August 2, 2014 | 991 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

So many people overlook the importance of a foundation primer but a good primer, like Smashbox's Photo Finish Light, makes all the difference. The silicone ingredient works double-time by filling in fine lines and evening out the skin's surface for smooth foundation application while also blocking out harmful free radicals. You don't have to wear foundation to experience the benefits of this product, however I only use this when I'm wearing foundation. There's such a noticeable difference in how the foundation goes on when I'm wearing this primer. I even have the 1oz travel size that I keep in my makeup travel bag so that it's ready to go when I am.

NOTE: This foundation will not mattify your skin. It is oil-free, so it's good for oilier complexions, like mine, but your skin will still get oily, so I recommend blotting papers like Clean & Clear's Oil Absorbing Sheets. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Stefanie1986

I reall really wanted to like this product, but after about a month of using it I broke out like crazy! It cleared up after I stopped using it so I will not be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by littlegray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is actually my primer of choice, I just haven't re-purchased it because it is quite expensive, and you can easily go through the entire bottle in 2-3 months. My pores are pretty large, and it did a great job smoothing out my skin. My foundation glided on after applying this primer, and it really created a flawless, even appearance. My makeup lasted longer, and my skin was noticeably less oily. It's probably not necessary to use this product everyday, if I do re-purchase it, I think I'd just use it for special occasions, or if I plan to be photographed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product very much - and am not upset with the Smashbox line at all. This primer is a great way to create a flawless, smooth surface before applying foundation. It is lighter than the original photo finish and better for oilier skin types. Feels good going on.

A nice, nice primer, indeed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

At first i did like this primer. But I think my skin in normal to dry and I think I need a primer which is more moisturising on my skin. This is a powdery finish primer. This would be perfect for someone with oily skin. But not me. I will stick to the napoleon primer for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Swalk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just recently bought this primer for the first time after Smashbox came to the UK. I don'y usually use a primer because I have quite an oily t-zone and I don't feel they help that much and im sick of wasting my money! However was looking through all the Smashbox stuff and was sort of convinced to try this as its "light". Anyway i'm very surprised and extremely surprised that this actually works. My skin feels amazingly soft and matte once its applied and my skin does not get oily for hours. My make up is staying on much longer. By the end of the day my make up has worn off a bit but can still tell I have make up on and usually it looks like ive none on at all after lunch. So far So good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by prim4tologist

I actually really like this primer. I know there's been mixed reviews on it, but I don't have any problems with it, aside from the fact that it is super expensive. The only reason why I don't think I can buy this again is that I am a broke college student, and I just can't afford to drop almost $40 for this thing. I know Ulta is having a special this week, and all smashbox primers are 20% off, but it is still a bit too pricey for me. I guess the quest to find a cheaper alternative continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by peachconcealer

The 1st foundation primer I've ever bought. So far it hasn't disappointed me. I have a very oily T-Zone especially on the tip of my nose & the area above my cupid's bow. My makeup on these areas never stay longer than 2 hours. I was suprised with this primer, the 1st 4 hours = no shine at all and makeup is still there.......later in the day, I only needed to touch-up with some powder but I don't have to use bloting paper like usual. The only problem is the price. It's quite pricey at $76 here in New Zealand. I would save up and buy a new one when this's run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by missesB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a joke. First of all doesnt control shine. Second- I see not difference in make-up application (I use concealer and powder). Also the bottle it comes in is deceiving. It looks like a lot- but there is not. I mean you only need a small pump for your whole face- but all of the sudden it looked like my bottle went from full to gone. Waste of money for what it promises. Only pro is that it did not break me out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Got this in a swap. Used it for the first time today and my makeup looked like it was gone halfway through the day. Isn't this supposed to make my makeup look smoother and last longer?! It also made my face oily, even though I don't have oily skin. Won't be using again. Sephora's primer is good and I'm going to try MAC's Prep and Prime tomorrow.