OPI Russian Navy

4.5

I got a mani with this color and it is gorgeous. Doesn't look quite black, you can definitely pick up on the navy color. Got several nice compliments about it. Very vampy and sexy. Perfect color for fall/winter.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has to be one of the best OPI shades out there. It may look a little scary in the bottle, but in the sun it just comes alive as few other dark nail polishes do. Absolutely exquisite.

Great colour! I was thinking to buy black or this. I was right. I am happy to have Russian Navy. My feet looks very clean with it! Strongly recommend*

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS!
its so different in every light. can see the purple shimmer in direct light, but the shimmer is subtle and very very pretty. in indirect light, its just a beautiful navy. much much better than yogata this blue.

I have to say, I bought this because it looked like a deep purple in the bottle. I'm disappointed that it was a dark navy blue (at least it lives up to the name!) but it has grown on me and after 4 days of looking at it, I finally see the purple tones! This changes to so many colors depending on what lighting you are in. I needed a dark blue and a dark purple and it looks like I killed two birds with one stone with Russian Navy!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The first layer of this polish came off navy blue with some hints of emerald green. I did not panic 'cause it's such a beautiful color in the bottle plus I was BORN with nail polish so I know that the first layer almost never says anything about the true color of whatever polish it may be. And I was right: after one more layer, this was a BEAUTIFUL shade of dark, DARK navy blue that just made my heart pop. Oh, it's lovely!! I may even put on a third layer, just to see how dark this dark navy blue will get.
I only painted my toe nails 'cause I have one more shade to try (OPI Black Cherry Chutney), but I love this and would definitely(!!) buy it again!

EDIT: I just put on a third layer of this polish and all I have to say is: OMG!!! BUY THIS POLISH!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love it! This shade is the BEST blue I've tried so far.....no, I have not tried OPI's Yoga-ta get this Blue so I can't compare, but this one is SPECTACULAR! The first coat goes on looking like a brighter blue, but the second coat really gives this shade its depth. It almost looks purple at first, but then the deep blue really shows through. Its a winner for me!

I have to say this is one of my favorite OPI darks. Like others said, it looks VERY purple in the bottle. It goes on a deep dark navy, but has a lot of dimension. In direct light, it looks purple, but in sunlight it just looks like a very pretty dark blue with purple and red shimmers. I love it. Much more interesting than your basic black or purple. I like it better than Lincoln Park AD, or AM.

OPI Russian Navy is much more blue on your nails than it looks in the bottle. In the bottle it looks like an iridescent purple. But on the nail, it is a very dark midnight blue. And while it does have some micro-shimmer, or sparkle to it, it is not so noticeable because the polish is so dark. This is definitely not the most blue polish. It is more of a purple-ish blue. Very pretty for those of you who like dark and different shades. This is also similar to the much more expensive, and limited edition Chanel Blue Satin.

Also, I absolutely adore the wide brush. It gives a much neater application. Also the polish dries fairly quick and has very good lasting quality.

Click continued to see a pic.

continued >>

First time in my OPI polish life that I haven't recieved a compliment on my manicure. This looks like a beautiful purple in the bottle but, it is a true blue on the hand. I thought this would be comparable to Chanel's Metallic Vamp but, sadly it is not. I feel like I wasted my $8 :(

Top Rated OPI Products