July 29, 2014 | 986 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by glossybrowneyes

Very pretty, unique blue. It is a dark navy with red glitter. Perfect for toes or fingernails.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're not one who wears flashy colors but gets sick of the old standby reds and pinks this is a good color to try. I immediately ran out to my nearest Ulta store to find this when it first came out last year. It does look a little like dark purple but when on the nails it's very dark navy blue if you put on at least 2 coats. It's shiny, but if you want a longer lasting shine put on a top coat. I learned that It helps when nails don't have any lotion or anything oily on them before you put on polish. Swipe nail polish remover to make sure they're clean and dry before you put on polish. It will last much longer and won't chip as easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by laurenlanzaosias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this has become my polish staple. my husband wants to know if i am ok if i go back to "essie's ballet slipper" this is rock star sophisticate!! but please only with super short nails!!! i am really excited for the new almost black color this fall, super dark sparkley brown!!! but russian navy will still be my old standby.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Whenever I paint my nails I always stay towards the matte light or hot pinks, bright matte corals, or shimmery deeper reds. I decided I needed a change & Ulta had a buy 2 get 1 free, so I bought Black Cherry CHUTNEY, Russian Navy & Yoga-ta Get this Blue. Russian Navy is everything Yoga-ta Get this Blue was not. The latter was bright boy Power Range Blue, very ugly & not cute! In the bottle Russian Navy looked deep purple compared to Yoga-ta, but on your fingers it looks deep navy & barely a hint of purple. Just what I was looking for! yay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 10:00:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

this is one of my favorite polishes. the color is beautiful, almost black in dim lighting, and a really fun yet classy blue otherwise. it applies effortlessly thanks to the pro-wide brush and lasts a fairly long time. love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by katycucumber

This product tricked me into buying it; in the bottle it appears to be a a metallic purple but on the nail it appears much more navy with only the tiniest of red shimmer. However despite not being what I expected it's still a beautiful colour and i'm glad i've got it. It's great quality, highly pigmented and goes on smoothly and streak-free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

This is a beautiful nail polish color! It is multi-faceted, it's a deep, dark blue, that has flecks of red making it look kind of purple. I was at my friend's salon and picked it out haphazardly, and now I am in love with this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just got this color at my salon on sale for $3.50 and had my pedicure done with this color. I really like it. It's a really pretty shimmery navy blue color with flecks of purple. It doesn't look too goth and is a fun color for the summer. Would be great in the fall/winter for nails. Of course itís the great OPI quality we've all grown accustomed to.

EDIT: This is my all time favorite color from OPI. I just love it. I especially like it on my toes. Its such a gorg shade of navy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ginta

Was looking for a nice alternative to the typical black nail, came up with navy and ended up with OPI's Russian Navy, which delivered more than I expected.

It's a complex color that is more than just a typical dark navy blue. It's a rich, deep navy with the finest red shimmer that really makes the color glimmer in the light, almost appearing as a shimmery dark purple at times.

I've gotten tons of comments/compliments on my nails whenever I wear this and it's my default color. A bit of a dark, enigma of a hue, classy.

On top of the ultra flattering shade, the wear of this polish lasts FOREVER. I wear a base coat, two coats of this polish (which will give you the perfect opaqueness-- you can even reach opaqueness with one coat in most cases), and a clear top coat and it will remain chipless for TWO WEEKS, no joke.

I have never gotten this kind of wear before where there are no chips or loss of luster but this polish does it. It stays pretty darn true.

If it does get a bit dull in a week or two, I find that swiping a coat of clear top coat jolts the color back to life!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by wyang83

This is what I wanted Chanel Blue Satin wanted to look like! True dark blue with little hints of purple!