December 22, 2014 | 918 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by juliastl27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say this is one of my favorite OPI darks. Like others said, it looks VERY purple in the bottle. It goes on a deep dark navy, but has a lot of dimension. In direct light, it looks purple, but in sunlight it just looks like a very pretty dark blue with purple and red shimmers. I love it. Much more interesting than your basic black or purple. I like it better than Lincoln Park AD, or AM.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OPI Russian Navy is much more blue on your nails than it looks in the bottle. In the bottle it looks like an iridescent purple. But on the nail, it is a very dark midnight blue. And while it does have some micro-shimmer, or sparkle to it, it is not so noticeable because the polish is so dark. This is definitely not the most blue polish. It is more of a purple-ish blue. Very pretty for those of you who like dark and different shades. This is also similar to the much more expensive, and limited edition Chanel Blue Satin.

Also, I absolutely adore the wide brush. It gives a much neater application. Also the polish dries fairly quick and has very good lasting quality.

Click continued to see a pic.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jareed

First time in my OPI polish life that I haven't recieved a compliment on my manicure. This looks like a beautiful purple in the bottle but, it is a true blue on the hand. I thought this would be comparable to Chanel's Metallic Vamp but, sadly it is not. I feel like I wasted my $8 :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by glossybrowneyes

Very pretty, unique blue. It is a dark navy with red glitter. Perfect for toes or fingernails.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're not one who wears flashy colors but gets sick of the old standby reds and pinks this is a good color to try. I immediately ran out to my nearest Ulta store to find this when it first came out last year. It does look a little like dark purple but when on the nails it's very dark navy blue if you put on at least 2 coats. It's shiny, but if you want a longer lasting shine put on a top coat. I learned that It helps when nails don't have any lotion or anything oily on them before you put on polish. Swipe nail polish remover to make sure they're clean and dry before you put on polish. It will last much longer and won't chip as easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by laurenlanzaosias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this has become my polish staple. my husband wants to know if i am ok if i go back to "essie's ballet slipper" this is rock star sophisticate!! but please only with super short nails!!! i am really excited for the new almost black color this fall, super dark sparkley brown!!! but russian navy will still be my old standby.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Whenever I paint my nails I always stay towards the matte light or hot pinks, bright matte corals, or shimmery deeper reds. I decided I needed a change & Ulta had a buy 2 get 1 free, so I bought Black Cherry CHUTNEY, Russian Navy & Yoga-ta Get this Blue. Russian Navy is everything Yoga-ta Get this Blue was not. The latter was bright boy Power Range Blue, very ugly & not cute! In the bottle Russian Navy looked deep purple compared to Yoga-ta, but on your fingers it looks deep navy & barely a hint of purple. Just what I was looking for! yay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 10:00:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

this is one of my favorite polishes. the color is beautiful, almost black in dim lighting, and a really fun yet classy blue otherwise. it applies effortlessly thanks to the pro-wide brush and lasts a fairly long time. love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by katycucumber

This product tricked me into buying it; in the bottle it appears to be a a metallic purple but on the nail it appears much more navy with only the tiniest of red shimmer. However despite not being what I expected it's still a beautiful colour and i'm glad i've got it. It's great quality, highly pigmented and goes on smoothly and streak-free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

This is a beautiful nail polish color! It is multi-faceted, it's a deep, dark blue, that has flecks of red making it look kind of purple. I was at my friend's salon and picked it out haphazardly, and now I am in love with this color!