September 23, 2014 | 949 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

I have a few Paint Pots, Painterly being my favorite. It's kind of like a pale pink color. it's looks nice alone as shadow and works nice as a base/primer but beware if you have oily lids this may crease. I only experience creasing during the summer when my lids are oily. During those months I would only use paint pots as a base and not a primer. I would use a primer before using a pain pot. But because of this I prefer to use Paint Pots mostly during cooler dryer months. Shadows seem to glide nicely and stick as well when I use paint pots. They're great!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Mili1127

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day and realllyy love how it totally even out my skintone on my eye. Although I dont think you should solely use this as your eye primer, apply a separate one and then use this as a base! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I am just now discovering MAC paint pots and I am just loving them. I got this as a primer initially since I'm trying to get better at eye makeup, but I think it's a nice shade alone as well. I like to prime my whole eye with it and put some liner on my lid and a crease color and leave this as the rest of the pigment. It looks great and it stays all day and helps my eyeliner stay much longer as well. Given how little of this product you have to use, I'm imagining this little pot will last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after seeing it used on Pixiwoo. LOVE IT! Best buy in my entire make-up bag. I use it everyday to even my lid skin tone, on its own it looks amazing really lights up my eyes and also works beautifully as a primer for nights out. I read a few other reviews that said that you can use this on the rest of your face...which is true, if i havent got concealer at hand it works pretty well :D
Like that it comes in a nifty litte pot, so you can sweep out every last drop.
I will ALWAYS buy this product. ALWAYS!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap not knowing what its use was, but I played around with it some and now I wear it every day. I have the oiliest lids ever, so I wear Nars eye primer with Painterly on top and my eyeshadows stay put for most of the day which is unheard of for me. It also makes eyeshadows more vibrant and creates a perfect canvas for just about any eyeshadow. You get a lot of product, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few MAC products I have ever purchased that I would be unwilling to give up. It is just right for my eyelids, stays on without creasing, and makes my eyeshadows not crease as well! I had bought some Laura Mercier product that was similar, because I was not near a MAC counter - but I returned that and went out of my way to find this. I often wear it just on its own, as it evens out my red-toned eyelids.

This is worth every single penny - not only does it work well, but it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lhuynh10

I've compared this to Bare Study and for my small, oily, asian lids, Painterly is best. It works well with my skin tone also and it never feels like a heavy product on your lid. I found that it applies and stays best with a stiff brush. I usually throw this down and then Naked Lunch on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mizzellen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this as an eye primer. My eye lids have a lot of little blue veins and you can usually see them through most primers. But the paint pot is opaque enough that it creates the perfect blank canvas. My eyeshadow & eyeliner stay in place all day, even when it's hot & humid in the summer. It's pricey, but I will repurchase over & over!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Joyce1602

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Damn! this stuff is amazing!...
Because of an illness i have the most watery eyes you can imagine.
I love the look of some liner on my waterline but after 5 minutes my make up was everywhere exept on my eyes.
When i almost gave up hope i saw an article about mac paint pots and decided to try one.
What did i have to lose right?
Ofcourse i was incredibly sceptical before trying but the result was such a surprise.
I put on my liner at 6 in the morning and when i come home it wil be on the same spot. I have never been so amazed!...

Anywho what i want to say is, if you have sensitive eyes and problems with your make up please try it..
This stuf is great....

Would most definitly re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jillbeannw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great eye primer! Sometime I'll use it and won't put any shadows over it--just a bit of eyeliner and mascara and I'm good to go. I recommend it for anyone who complains about greasy eyelids. Should last 1-2 years at least!