July 31, 2014 | 1746 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lhuynh10

I've compared this to Bare Study and for my small, oily, asian lids, Painterly is best. It works well with my skin tone also and it never feels like a heavy product on your lid. I found that it applies and stays best with a stiff brush. I usually throw this down and then Naked Lunch on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mizzellen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this as an eye primer. My eye lids have a lot of little blue veins and you can usually see them through most primers. But the paint pot is opaque enough that it creates the perfect blank canvas. My eyeshadow & eyeliner stay in place all day, even when it's hot & humid in the summer. It's pricey, but I will repurchase over & over!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Joyce1602

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Damn! this stuff is amazing!...
Because of an illness i have the most watery eyes you can imagine.
I love the look of some liner on my waterline but after 5 minutes my make up was everywhere exept on my eyes.
When i almost gave up hope i saw an article about mac paint pots and decided to try one.
What did i have to lose right?
Ofcourse i was incredibly sceptical before trying but the result was such a surprise.
I put on my liner at 6 in the morning and when i come home it wil be on the same spot. I have never been so amazed!...

Anywho what i want to say is, if you have sensitive eyes and problems with your make up please try it..
This stuf is great....

Would most definitly re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jillbeannw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great eye primer! Sometime I'll use it and won't put any shadows over it--just a bit of eyeliner and mascara and I'm good to go. I recommend it for anyone who complains about greasy eyelids. Should last 1-2 years at least!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Amyelizabeth7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Do not let the price of this product scare you away!!! I bought my paint pot in December and it is now July and I still have SOOO much product left! I use it daily and sometimes twice a day if I go out that night!! It will last for a very long time!!! I use this product alone and as an eyeshadow base. It's great at canceling out redness on the lids and gives a fresh natural look all by itself. It won't pale out your lids like some primers do, I've used every shadow primer there ever was and this is my absolute favorite! It does not crease and it stays where you put it! A little goes a long way!! I will repurchase when i finally finish my first jar!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by shley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I ever lived without this product. I use this as an eye primer daily. I apply this to my eyelids all the way up to my brow because I have noticed it also helps hide the veins that show through on my skin under my eyebrows. Perfect no brainer product that it easy to use. Helps shadows stay all day and look even better. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sasflynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my all time favourites, perfect on it's own for a barely there, really feminine look or as an eyeshadow primer. I've heard these can dry out quickly so I store mine upside down and haven't had any problems so far, although it does seem a shame to have to do that for the price and because the packaging is so luxurious it would be nice to store them normally. Still worth it though, I find myself using this nearly every day and there's still masses of product left. Will repurchase for sure when I run out, this is a use forever type product because the colour is so neutral, therefore along with blackground it's probably your best bet out of all the paint pots.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Emilee26

This is fantastic, got it in the duty free shop for such a good price. I love the way it evens out skin and eye shadows go on smoothly and last longer on top of it. Saving my foundation as well as I don't apply it on eyelids anymore, I just use this. Fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If I'm going for a minimal makeup look, this speeds up my routine. It evens out my eyelids and gives me a well rested appearance. Also, I have very oily skin and painterly acts as a good eye shadow base by making my eye shadow last longer. Truly a great product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i wouldn't buy this particular color again but i'd like to buy other colors to try out. it's actually my fault for not testing it out at the counter! i researched on mac paint pots beforehand and the 2 colors that always popped up were rubenesque and painterly. i chose painterly thinking it was more neutral and i'd get more wear out of it. i should've known just by seeing the color (it has a pinkish undertone to it) that it would cast a gray pallor on my lids since i have a yellow undertone (i am nc 30/40). i usually am strict about trying out stuff especially if it costs more than 10usd but the tester just looked so used up and icky that i decided to just gamble and rely on the reviews. now i've learned that reviews are great and dependable up to a certain point only and i really MUST still TRY PUTTING IT ON to see what really looks good on me! since the color didn't suit me, i really had to put eyeshadow to cover it up (i had initial plans on just using a crease color). setting the color choice mistake aside, this product is good. it made shadow color stay remarkably longer and it made the color show so much better. since i have really oily lids, the consistency was great as it "dried" up my lids a bit--probably why my eye shadow lasted for more than 6 hours!