MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

PROS
I got to swop it for something better
I thought of a new name for it - "Patchily"

CONS
It dried out
It didn't go on smoothly on my lids
I hate pots

on 2/16/2013 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This product is amazing. I love how if i am in a rush i can apply this alone and it looks great. Nothing beats this as an eyeshadow primer.

on 2/6/2013 9:58:00 PM

This is one of my all-time favorite eyeshadow bases! It is the perfect skin tone for my fair skin, and evens out any discoloration on my eyelids. I apply this all over my eyelids with a brush, blend it out with my finger, then apply my powder shadows over top. Every time I've used this my eyeshadows have lasted all day, no creasing.

on 2/5/2013 11:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

My HG! Need I say more?

on 2/5/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I've had my pot for over a year and I'm about to hit the bottom. This is one product I use pretty much everyday. My shadows, blushes, lipsticks vary from day to day, but Painterly is my go-to everyday shadow primer. I also use it to conceal blemishes and some discolorations. I've tried UD primers (all of them) and not one comes close to this paint pot. I will use it as long as MAC makes it. My lids are super oily, and this is the only product I've ever used that makes it possible to keep shadow from sliding off my lids.

on 2/5/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

OMG I love this! I didn't think I would like it at all. So I got three samples from my MAC counter (I love you, Trish!) This, Bare Study and Rubenesque. Thought I would love Rubenesque the best, but no, it was too shimmery and Bare Study was too champagne-y for my taste.

This is the perfect color! Yes, it is a little boring but it evens out my my skin tone in the eye area perfectly and nothing beats it as a base. It even looked good alone with lots of black mascara, my Prestige Total Intensity black pencil and liquid liner.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I use painterly on top of my Artdeco Eyeshadow base. It simply enhances the base and makes blending a lot easier. It gives a velvety finish that isn't sticky but catches color very well. This one's a staple. Plenty of product in the pot, will last me a long time.
I was torn between Painterly and Soft Ochre because I have golden tones to my skin and thought Soft Ochre would be more suitable, but finally went with Painterly since I was looking for reddish brown eyeshadows and didn't want the Soft Ochre to take away from that redness. HG material.

on 2/4/2013 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is the first primer I have tried so I do not have another brand to compare it too. With that said lets review!

I bought my jar two years ago and I am still not out, it took me a long time to figure out how to use it. A little dab goes a long way and you have to blend it out. Now that I finally know how to use it I love it it does make my e/s last all day with out having to reapply it however I have noticed its only good on MAC e/ s the cheap e/s fade out. It works well with neutral colors and mattes you can wear under any color as well.

I feel that this product worked for me and the shadows I like. This is pricy but I feel it was worth it I mean it lasts forever. I really like Mac and the quality that they offer, I will defiantly buy this again.

I know people love this product - it does hold down shadow for a long time and cover any redness or veins, even in sweaty or humid conditions which are generally unfriendly to makeup; however, I am not a huge fan of the texture. I tend to get dry skin on my eye lids in the winter (I know, gross and weird - almond oil helps) and this really accentuates it. Therefore, it is only useful for me in the summer months.

If you have an oily eyelid problem and your makeup smears everywhere or creases - this stuff is likely a godsend. On the other hand, if you have dry skin, you might want to try a primer with a creamier consistency or just avoid primer altogether...

I am giving it a three only because I see its potential and it does work in the summer to keep things in check - but I wouldn't buy it again. It is kind of an unnecessary product IMO.

on 2/1/2013 10:20:00 AM

I absolutely love Painterly's formula... it's a lot creamier than its sister Soft Ochre. I was kind of apprehensive when purchasing Painterly because it is sooooo cool toned, and I'm slightly yellow. But on my eyelid it does wonders! I have some veins that show through (ugh) and I wanted to cover them up. Because Painterly is so pink toned, it did a great job of doing this! I did a full review and comparison between Painterly and Soft Ochre on my blog if you would like to check it out:

Top Rated MAC Products