November 29, 2014 | 1702 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by HereToHelpHoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The Pros:
- Mattifies the skin (for about 2-3 hours; which is pretty good considering the fact that my nose gets EXTREMELY oily throughout the day)
- does not cake up that much
- price is alright
- Target did not have the powder i wanted in stock
The cons:
- poor color selection
- barely any coverage
- doesn't last as long as i would like

This product claims Air-Soft Matte Perfection:

- oil-free
- won't clog pores
- dermatologist-tested
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has not made me break out. I have tried worse powders, and this is one of the ones i've tried that actually mattified my nose while still leaving a slight glow(from the oil on my nose), and keeping it that way for over 30minutes. Yes, for some that is normal, but for my particular nose(and parts of my skin), it is very hard to control the oil. I have tried many other powders, and they all have not passed the 30 minute mark.
However, i hate the fact that the color selection is so limited. The color i have is Medium Beige 2-2.5. It makes my skin look ashy if i apply too much. I have learned though, that just a semi-light dusting over my nose and oily parts will control the oil nicely. This powder has a very low coverage, so i suppose that makes it easier to blend into darker skin tones.
I quite like this powder, but i do not think i will make a third repurchase. I would like coverage in my powder, and this one just isn't cutting it. I plan on using this as my blot powder and applying this on my nose area AFTER my other powder foundation, Amazing Cosmetics Mineral Pressed Powder (which does not control oil at all, in my opinion).
So bottom line is, if you have a light-medium skin tone, and are not looking for a full coverage powder, get this one. If you have combination skin, try it out, it may work well for you. Oily-Super Oily; don't expect 3+ hours of a shine free face; you may need to blot and reapply

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Pattycakesquare

I have used this product daily for over a year now and haven't felt the need to switch to anything else. However I do still have a problem with being really 'shiny' after many hours. If i blot and reapply a little it does appear a little cakey. But overall its one of the better powders I've used in the last few years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lucakerberos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first powder I have tried. I put it on over the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation for shine control, and it works wonderfully. The compact is really cool, too. I use the lightest shade and it still covers a lot of the redness and blemishes on my face. It is light and easy to blend and put on/take off, and it doesn't have any real odor so it doesn't bother my nose. It also doesn't dust off onto my clothes or my glasses.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by iliketoLOL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this powder everyday over my Almay TLC liquid foundation. I bought the powder a couple of times and one of the times, the pressed powder broke up in the container, so I mashed it all up and put it in one of my Bare Minerals travel containers (w/sifter & all) and used it like a loose powder. Come to find out, I like it a lot better that way!!! It's a great powder, it doesn't provide a ton of coverage, but I just use it to set my liquid foundation, so it works great for me!! It's soooo finely milled so it glides on the skin sooo smoothly!!! I would highly recommend this product!!! I would recommend using another powder puff, because the one provided is really [*]. It's really thin and not great for any type of short term/long term use. My mom's powder puff actually (several times) literally fell apart. I haven't tried it with a brush though, maybe it would work better that way. I just use it with a puff from physician's formula compact I had already.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mayral456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder keeps my face looking flawless all day!!!!!!!! Your pores disappear and it doesn't cake on at all! I found my new fave pressed powder.. :))

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by classykristy

I absolutely love this powder! Keeps my face oil and shine-free all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

I really hope they don't discontinue this because it never looks cakey on my skin. I only use this to set concealed underneath my eyes though and it's the best I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i have an oily tzone, ESPECIALLY on my nose. ive experienced with so many powders in the past, mostly more expensive, and they just didnt keep me matte as long as dream matte. ive read reviews about this powder, and it really convinced me to purchase it for just a lil more than $6 at wal mart! there is no coverage at all. i use this as a setting & touch up powder over revlon colorstay foundation. its not cakey AT ALL, keep touching up all day long and it will not look cakey. its very lightweight, soft and "dreamy", as the name says. to apply, i use too faced powder poof brush and its just perfection. the only con would be the packaging, its easy to access the actual powder but i find it difficult to swerve the mirror compartment out. not much of a big deal. this keeps me pretty matte for over an hour, which is good for me because my nose is just too overly oily. every oil skinned girl needs to try this, it doesnt hurt. price ranges may vary at different drugstores but i got mine for a little over $6 at walmart. i believe theres only 4-5 shades, which i dont think is a big deal because this is technically a transparent powder since theres no coverage. but i have this in beige medium 2-2.5, and in nw25.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by sureflowsheena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this while waiting for my regular MUFE HD finishing powder to arrive in the mail. Although MUFE HD is my absolute favorite, this is a close 2nd considering that it is 1/3 of the price. I have faily oily skin, if I don't use a powder within 2 hours I need to blot oil off my face. This powder keeps me looking matt for at least 8 hours. I use this with Revlon Colorstay foundation and its wonderful. I've also used it alone over concealer that only covers my scars/blemishes and it again does a great job keeping the oiles away. The purpose of this powder is not to provide coverage, it is to mattify and it does exactly that. Dream Matte Powder will always have a place in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by AllisonTaylor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ahh, my HG powder! Oh Dream Matte, we've had so many great memories together, haven't we? I'm very pale and don't have any scars or spots (i was blessed with good skin) except for the occasional pimple or red patch. I have been on the search for a good powder to set my foundation eith ever since i realized my foundation NEVER (and i mean never) stayed on my face., Maybelline Dream Matte Powder is the one for me. I love it so much. Not only does it set my foundation and concealer perfectly, it also doesn't give me the flaky, orange look. It gives me a healthy, baby's bum soft look and feel. It has amazing staying power and last forever. And i mean forever. Only one swipe of this on my MAC 134 powder blush, and i'm good to go. I have been using this product for 1 and a half years now and i have gone through maybe 3 of these. I would reccomend this to everyone who's having problems with foundation staying on their face throughout the day.