August 21, 2014 | 2106 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by joanieisverynice

I know it's body lotion but I swear it helps my blemishes to heal on my face! it makes my skin so incredibly dewy and soft. it's the perfect base for makeup and after a shower my skin positively drinks it up. I hardly use it on my body, but it has done miracles for my dry sensitive face. I bought his while travelling because the 3 oz. bottle was cheap, not knowing that I had chosen the holy grail of moisturizers. I used it on my face, and was hooked. when I got home I bought the large pump bottle and now I use it morning and night every day. plus it is fragrance free, which is just the cherry on top

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

This product deserves 10 stars!!!

I had dry skin on the backs of my hands for years, it was so bad that I was bleeding all of the counter in the chemist and the lady suggested I try this lotion.

I have tried EVERYTHING over the years including many prescription creams and nothing has helped, in fact everything I put on it just angered it and made it worse.

My skin loves this cream, and compared to the other stuff Iíve tried itís really cheap, a bottle lasts me months using it twice a day.

If you have persistent dry skin, you have to try this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by livinlife23

I have tried numerous body lotions from St.Ives to Vaseline( which sucked beyond belief) to Nivea ...I loved the Nivea lotion but I went through it rather fast and the money started to add up. This lotion, while it is a bit pricey, lasts a long time and does not leave your skin looking or feeling greasy. It absorbs almost immediately and is unscented. Definitely a staple for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by halliebean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sigh, I have been using Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion over the years as it truly has been the most hydrating lotion I have ever put on my dry, lil body.

It was a staple in both my house and that of my family, we've got bottles haphazardly strewn about our flats! You never know when you're skin's going to need a drink.

Though, in my trek to weed out my products from the ones that test on animals to the ones that I don't, it came to my attention that Aveeno does test on animals. Sigh, sniff sniff...sorry Aveeno, I do love your lotion, it really does work at keeping my skin hydrating for a LONG time. However that's just not cool that you test on animals.

Sigh, won't be buying you again, sniff sniff

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by jaychou101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is such a staple that I've never even thought about reviewing it. I'm never without it--it moisturizes dry, dull skin exposed to harsh Arizona weather like a dream, and I buy it by the Costco pack.

However, what warrants this ranting rave is the miracle it performs on my face. I have literally the worst skin you can imagine: cystic acne, huge pores, blackheads, uneven skin color, etc, for 10+ years. And you can imagine the products I've gone through to treat my skin: over-the-counter stuff like benozyl peroxide by the bucket, in every conceivable concentration, and salicylic acid, prescription medicines like Retin-A, Differin, Tazorac, chemicals like glycolic acid peels, lactic acid peels, gly-luronic acid, obscure Asian creams, and "natural" remedies like lemon juice, yogurt, Aztec Secrets Healing clay, aloe, and even some blatant no-nos like hydrogen peroxide *shudder*, etc. I've tried just about every remedy you can think of, and nothing --NOTHING-- worked. In fact, my skin was getting noticeably worse as the years progressed.

Then one day, in the middle of my Acne.org regimen and completely sick of my irritated, peeling, dry skin, I decided to quit all treatment cold turkey and just slather on my trusty Aveeno. I woke up the next morning to soft, soft skin, and --what's this? No further breakouts? Unfortunately for me, I didn't make the connection between the lotion and my skin, and subjected my skin to more terrifying treatments for months afterwards.

It was not until about a month ago that I realized that my skin is absolutely traumatized by all the "treatments" I've put it through. I don't think I was born with naturally sensitive skin, but after all the chemicals my skin's been exposed to and scrubbed raw by various products, it has no choice but to be sensitive. Smoothing on Aveeno--and nothing else--every night is the best thing I've done for my skin, and it never looks better than when I just moisturize it and leave it alone. After a month of slathering on Aveeno at night, my skin is significantly calmer, with the odd acne disappearing several days after appearing, and hyperpigmentation marks are finally given the chance to lighten.

I'm writing such a long review because 1) I'm trying to procrastinate doing homework (LOL) and 2) I hope I help some people struggling with the same issues as me. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is to need to pile on foundation before leaving the house, to be surrounded by beautiful, clear-skinned friends, to feel like foundation would be the first thing you'd grab if the house was on fire, and to be absolutely tormented not knowing if you'll wake up tomorrow to a new pimple. If your skin is irritated, dry, and looks like it needs some good old-fashioned TLC, maybe that's all it needs. Give the chemicals a rest, and try just moisturizing it for a week. Good luck!

29 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by painisbeautyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have moderate acne and my prescription acne medication dries me out sooooo much. My dermatologist reccomended Purpose, which only made me look oily and didn't help with dry patches at all, no matter how much I used. I soon bought this, and even though it never specified whether it was okay to use on your face, I did anyway. This helps soooo well with dry spots and has never, ever caused a breakout. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by peefs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, acne prone skin and I adore this moisturiser. My skin doesnt react to it, just leaves it soft, doesnt make it more oily and IMO helps clear blemishes. Plus seeing as its both a face and body moisturiser I think its great value for money =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I was pleasantly surprised when I first tried this product. It moisturized so well and absorbed without leaving a greasy feeling. It lacked a scent which was okay since I use my own perfumes/sprays. This moisturized as well as some of my expensive body butters, and was easier to apply, both because the bottle has a pump, and because it spreads a lot easier than thick body butters. It is on the pricier side of drugstore body lotions but much more affordable than some high-end lotions/creams that don't moisturize as well. My main reason for choosing to write this review is that now, the absence of a scent is bothering me. Although it is 'unscented', I smell something, and it isn't pleasant! To be perfectly honest, it smells like worms. It just reminds me of those rainy days, walking to school when there were lots of worms on the sidewalk. It smells like wet, rainy weather worms.

If you need to use this moisturizer because of sensitive, dry skin concerns then I'm sure it will meet those needs as it moisturized wonderfully and lasted. However if you don't have those needs then I'd advise getting something lightly scented or scented in a way you like. I will not be repurchasing this and am not sure what I will do with the rest I have left. I will probably hold my breath and use the remainder because it does moisturize well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by edivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this lotion. i have very sensitive skin and this doesn't cause any irritation or anything. doesn't have a strong scent which i do prefer. it has a nice consistency, not too thick and not too watery. so, it does a great job moisturizing and is good to use daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Erinbear1120

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this to be very moisturizing but the smell was bothersome, I know it says fragrance free but to me it smells faintly like mosquito repellent. If it had a better smell I would give it a 5 out of 5.