July 31, 2014 | 1777 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by jaychou101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is such a staple that I've never even thought about reviewing it. I'm never without it--it moisturizes dry, dull skin exposed to harsh Arizona weather like a dream, and I buy it by the Costco pack.

However, what warrants this ranting rave is the miracle it performs on my face. I have literally the worst skin you can imagine: cystic acne, huge pores, blackheads, uneven skin color, etc, for 10+ years. And you can imagine the products I've gone through to treat my skin: over-the-counter stuff like benozyl peroxide by the bucket, in every conceivable concentration, and salicylic acid, prescription medicines like Retin-A, Differin, Tazorac, chemicals like glycolic acid peels, lactic acid peels, gly-luronic acid, obscure Asian creams, and "natural" remedies like lemon juice, yogurt, Aztec Secrets Healing clay, aloe, and even some blatant no-nos like hydrogen peroxide *shudder*, etc. I've tried just about every remedy you can think of, and nothing --NOTHING-- worked. In fact, my skin was getting noticeably worse as the years progressed.

Then one day, in the middle of my Acne.org regimen and completely sick of my irritated, peeling, dry skin, I decided to quit all treatment cold turkey and just slather on my trusty Aveeno. I woke up the next morning to soft, soft skin, and --what's this? No further breakouts? Unfortunately for me, I didn't make the connection between the lotion and my skin, and subjected my skin to more terrifying treatments for months afterwards.

It was not until about a month ago that I realized that my skin is absolutely traumatized by all the "treatments" I've put it through. I don't think I was born with naturally sensitive skin, but after all the chemicals my skin's been exposed to and scrubbed raw by various products, it has no choice but to be sensitive. Smoothing on Aveeno--and nothing else--every night is the best thing I've done for my skin, and it never looks better than when I just moisturize it and leave it alone. After a month of slathering on Aveeno at night, my skin is significantly calmer, with the odd acne disappearing several days after appearing, and hyperpigmentation marks are finally given the chance to lighten.

I'm writing such a long review because 1) I'm trying to procrastinate doing homework (LOL) and 2) I hope I help some people struggling with the same issues as me. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is to need to pile on foundation before leaving the house, to be surrounded by beautiful, clear-skinned friends, to feel like foundation would be the first thing you'd grab if the house was on fire, and to be absolutely tormented not knowing if you'll wake up tomorrow to a new pimple. If your skin is irritated, dry, and looks like it needs some good old-fashioned TLC, maybe that's all it needs. Give the chemicals a rest, and try just moisturizing it for a week. Good luck!

29 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by painisbeautyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have moderate acne and my prescription acne medication dries me out sooooo much. My dermatologist reccomended Purpose, which only made me look oily and didn't help with dry patches at all, no matter how much I used. I soon bought this, and even though it never specified whether it was okay to use on your face, I did anyway. This helps soooo well with dry spots and has never, ever caused a breakout. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by peefs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, acne prone skin and I adore this moisturiser. My skin doesnt react to it, just leaves it soft, doesnt make it more oily and IMO helps clear blemishes. Plus seeing as its both a face and body moisturiser I think its great value for money =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I was pleasantly surprised when I first tried this product. It moisturized so well and absorbed without leaving a greasy feeling. It lacked a scent which was okay since I use my own perfumes/sprays. This moisturized as well as some of my expensive body butters, and was easier to apply, both because the bottle has a pump, and because it spreads a lot easier than thick body butters. It is on the pricier side of drugstore body lotions but much more affordable than some high-end lotions/creams that don't moisturize as well. My main reason for choosing to write this review is that now, the absence of a scent is bothering me. Although it is 'unscented', I smell something, and it isn't pleasant! To be perfectly honest, it smells like worms. It just reminds me of those rainy days, walking to school when there were lots of worms on the sidewalk. It smells like wet, rainy weather worms.

If you need to use this moisturizer because of sensitive, dry skin concerns then I'm sure it will meet those needs as it moisturized wonderfully and lasted. However if you don't have those needs then I'd advise getting something lightly scented or scented in a way you like. I will not be repurchasing this and am not sure what I will do with the rest I have left. I will probably hold my breath and use the remainder because it does moisturize well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by edivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this lotion. i have very sensitive skin and this doesn't cause any irritation or anything. doesn't have a strong scent which i do prefer. it has a nice consistency, not too thick and not too watery. so, it does a great job moisturizing and is good to use daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Erinbear1120

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this to be very moisturizing but the smell was bothersome, I know it says fragrance free but to me it smells faintly like mosquito repellent. If it had a better smell I would give it a 5 out of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great moisturizer! I came across it while working in a veterinary hospital. All that hand washing left my hands extremely dry and this product was nice to have because it moisturized well and didn't leave me greasy. I put it on my tattoos as they healed since it was so gentle and I also use it as my daily body moisturizer. I love to try new products but this is the One lotion I keep around. I would def recommend at least getting a travel size and giving it a try! UPDATE: I have found that the cheapo knock offs truly are not as good as the Aveeno brand. It is more effective and the bottle lasts longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sweetblue22

i love this it made my skin soo soft and for the people that complain about this being horrible on their face and stuff this lotion is for your body so if you put it on your face your going to break out and stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by summer514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lotion last night in hopes to find something to moisturize my dry sensitive skin due to being on accutaine. I loved it so much I kept wanting to use it agian and again! It left my skin so soft. I put some on again this morning aftter showering and my skin still feels great and it's 4:45 pm. Glad I found something that works so well, I will definitely add this to my staple lotions!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by slightlystarry

I have dry, eczema-prone skin all over my body as well as dry-combination skin on my face that has periodically suffered from breakouts of eczema and skin allergies. I have probably used Aveeno for 3-4 years and I must say it is really a lifesaver, especially during the winter months. It is rich and creamy, and truly helps the skin retain a hydrated, supple feeling. While it is thick, I've never experienced any problems with clogged pores (I do have a semi-oily T zone).

While some may complain about the lack of fragrance (or alternatively the slight "oat" scent) it really doesn't bother me. Maybe it's because I've been using Aveeno for so long, but scented skincare products actually irritate my skin and I've grown to automatically stray away from them as the scent is often created by harsh alcohols. So, if you're willing to forgo scent for moisture, please do consider Aveeno.

Tip for severe eczema-- mix some aveeno with petroleum jelly and apply it liberally to the severely dry, itchy areas. This combination works MIRACLES.