September 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by astrocity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never exfoliated regularly until I used this wash for two reasons. My skin is really sensitive, (it gets itchy and tight after washing even though I have oily skin) and I heard that over-exfoliating causes wrinkles. But Microdelivery is really gentle.

I've been using it for almost a month now. I've been doing this in the morning and Philosophy's purity at night. At first, I didn't think it was doing anything...the beads are really small, and almost seemed to dissolve within seconds. I found out that your skin has to be BARELY wet, and you'll get a better scrub out of it. I've noticed that my skin has a more even tone overall, and it has also helped lighten my acne scars a bit. The most noticeable thing for me is that the blackheads on my nose are almost all gone. Hopefully my scars get lighter, because that's really what I wanted, but overall I'm pleased with the progress so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample size of this from a really good MB buddy and I'm extremely grateful. This is a terrific scrub. It feels like tiny sand pellets on my skin - in a GOOD way! Leaves my skin super soft. I'd repurchase - if I were wealthy - but since I'm not, I'm afraid I'll have to stick to drug store brands like St. Ive's which never disappoints, either!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by AthleticTrainer

I absolutely love this exfoliating wash! I think many people confuse this with a traditional scrub. It is meant to be used as a facial wash, in the morning, on a daily basis, as it lightly exfoliates. I have recently developed a lot of sensitivity and I don't worry about irritating my face when I use this exfoliating wash. Exfoliating has made me nervous lately since the sensitivity is unpredictable, but I keep this in my shower and that is how my face starts the day - gentle enough to use daily and gives my skin the smoothness and glow that I love. I truly believe that the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash has most improved my skin. Other exfoliating scrubs have large beads or are too harsh for daily use, but this exfoliating wash is gentle enough for all skin types. This is not meant to be a makeup remover, as is the Purity Made Simple. This is available in multiple sizes (4 oz, 8 oz, 16 oz, and 32 oz) at your local philosophy counter, Sephora, or online at multiple websites such as philosophy.com for $15, $25, $37, and $55 depending on the size you wish to buy. This is a definite HG product for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I"m kind of amazed by all the great reviews for this scrub. I received it as a free gift at Sephora and I didn't find it to do much. It didn't hurt or irritate my skin, but my skin also didn't look or feel any different after using it. I always use scrubs in the shower to ensure they have the best chance to penetrate and to give me the best chance to really massage them in and rinse them thoroughly. I used this and it didn't feel any different from, for example, my Aveeno Daily Brightening exfoliating cleanser. When I use Origins' Modern Friction or Clinique's 10-minute Turnaround Mask my skin really FEELS different afterwards -- incredibly smooth and it looks glowy. After I used this, my skin looked and felt no different from before I used it. I wouldn't buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by BlooregardQKazoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ahhh...my first ever cleanser that introduced me to skincare. I assume it would be great for most people, but if you have lots of acne, watch you break out more. It will irritate the acne so I dont recommend it for acne-prone skin. I ended up with severe cystic acne after this. so did my bro. Even if I did like it, I wouldn't buy it again as my Clarisonic rids me of the need for an exfoliating cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this gentle scrub. I had received a large sample from Sephora, and at first I was unimpressed. I'd been using Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub for more than a decade, so I was used to a scrub that really felt like it was working.

As my skin has gotten older, it has become more sensitive, and the Clinique scrub left my face red and irritated for hours (mild rosacea), so I could use it only once a week and at night. I wanted more regular, frequent clarifying without having to resort to alcohol-based toners, so I decided to give the Microdelivery scrub a try. When I began using it, it didn't feel like much was happening. The ratio of cleanser to exfoliant seemed heavily in favor of cleanser, and I didn't need another cleanser; I already had one that I liked. But I decided to finish the sample and see how it turned out.

A week later I began to notice that my skin felt smoother and looked much brighter. All dullness had gone, the tone was more even, and the pores on my nose were no longer clogged.

I am thrilled that I can use this Philosophy product every morning and not look like a beet. The pinkness caused by the granules fades by the time I put on my makeup. It's gentle enough to use every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by daisygirl16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

1 word, AMAZING! This gentle scrub used with Purity has given me the most beautiful, radiant, breakout free skin. I actually work selling this product and there are a few things I think people should know 1: those little bits are tiny little pieces of diatomaceous earth which are from under the ocean beds, thats why its so natural and gentle. 2: this won the CEW (Cosmetic Executive Women) award for best exfoliator, thats like the emmys of cosmetics 3: this also won best exfoliater from mens health, men LOVE this, def have your SO/DH try this they will adore it! When people use things like st.ives scrub(or any othe ruff scrub with large pieces) it messes with the skins natural cell production because the jagged large pieces are tearing the skins natural structure apart, which equals very bad long term results. I will use this and purity forever, its true love!

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

meh.. I bought this in order to use while I was getting my regular scrub -- and I am frankly disappointed.

1. Price : not cheap. I could have bought St. Ives or used a sugar scub.

2. Bottle: round, difficult to hold as it is large..this is good for big hands and mine are smallish.

3. SMELL: ugh ugh ugh. It smells rancid, old and not fresh.

4. Granules: feel large and uneven. My skin is normal so I can put up with a little of this, but it should not be necessary.

I gave this away to a 20 year old neighbor who has oily skin.

There are much better scrubs on the market.. try Dermalogica or even MAC's new refiner.. these work well and smell nice.

This one by Philosophy is not great imo -- I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kadins13

I have finally found a scrub I love! I have used this everyday for months now and I love the way my skin feels and looks! It is even gentle enough to use with my Clarisonic!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by kristeneve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wonderful acne treatment! I was scared to use this at first because of the possibility that it would break me out. Clears skin and doesn't make my skin dry!

EDIT: After using this product for a few weeks it has actually made my acne worse! I no longer recommend this product. It makes your skin look wonderful the first few times, then makes it ten times worse.