November 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

The best and only mineral foundation powder I use. I have this powder in 4 colors: Real Sand, Natural Beige, Classic Beige, and Rich Vanilla. Rich Vanilla is my favorite bronzer during summer. The coverage is build-able and little goes a long way. My skin is on a drier side, so I prefer to wear it with a heavier moisturizer underneath. I also use this powder to set my fluid foundation for a flawless finish. For the dewy, fresh and not powdery effect, I spritz some hydrating toner (filled in a spray bottle) all over my face as a last step of my make up application routine. Looks like real skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by godrocksyo

Love this product. It's so smooth and goes on looking amazing. Blends well and I put it over the regular TM when I want a complete look. Makes my skin look perfect. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jamiemory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for about 6 months, (I was recommended by a friend) before I noticed I was breaking out very very badly. I've always struggled with moderate acne, but this was the worst acne of my life. I ended up slowly cutting each product I was using at the time until I, sadly, had to let this one go. I liked the product itself. It is expensive, so that was a huge downside, but at the time I was willing to pay money for something that would work. I had beautiful skin before and now its cleared up entirely, but I still have acne scars. I think it was the bismuth that broke me out, but I can't be for sure. Proceed with Caution!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by fairladyzzxchik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product during the summer, it's easy to throw on and go, and most of all, its sweat resistant!! I am super oily so during the summer i hate wearing foundation but because of acne scaring I have no choice. this is the best on the go product with amazing coverage, the trick is using their short angled face brush. This brush smooths on the product without accentuating pores or texture. Also, less is more!! this product is again water resistant so start with less and build toward the desired coverage using soft circular strokes. For those having issues with this product this should help. Also this isn't a product intended to set a foundation. Foundation always needs to be set with translucent powder and then can be lightly built with mineral powder. I use this product a lot for weddings because it doesn't look or feel heavy but looks flawless. hope this helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by medusacanibal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know what to say about this powder. It works great alone but if I use it as a setting powder for a light-coverage foundation, it looks REALLY powdery and heavy. I wanted to love this but unfortunately I am not completely satisfied.

I wanted a pigmented powder because translucent powders don't seem to work for me. However, this one is good but not for me... either. Nevertheless, the color is just perfect for my skin tone (I have this in Real Sand) after I returned the original color I purchased (thanks, Sephora's poor lighting) because it was way too dark.

I really like the SPF, and the package provides the perfect amount without making a mess... but, ugh, mineral powder never seems to do it for me. I wish it worked with the oiliness of my T-zone, and actually maintained my skin looking great.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by hazefree2002

This made the pores and acne marks on my skin more obvious.While it can provide good buildable coverage,it starts to give off a metallic sheen when u try to layer it.When used with the mineral primer,it control oil quite well.I love the tub for traveling but prefer the japanese loose powder sieve for daily use.I will use this up and keep the tub but will not repurchase.I bought the body shop and sephora mineral powder brush in an attempt to make this work for me.While I still do not like the mineral powder,I found the two brushes really good.Will do separate reviews for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by SugarCone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start off by saying that I am not a user of Mineral foundations. I have tried them in the past, hated them, and moved on. I have been using a liquid foundation pretty much ever since i started wearing makeup because the coverage and finish are much better in my opinion. I have been using MUFE HD foundation for the past couple of years, and I have been loving it, but lately over the past few weeks it just looks off for some reason. It looks obvious that I have foundation on. So to get to the point, I purchased this and I love it. It actually covers well, has a great finish, looks natural, and yet doesn't look powdery or cakey. I really wish I would have tried it sooner. I will definitely repurchase without a doubt. If you want a foundation that looks like your not wearing foundation but still covers, please give this a try and you may find that you love it like I did. I use the mineral powder brush from sephora and it goes on perfectly! highly recommended. I am mufe hd #128, and use this in rich vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by littletree03

I purchased this at Sephora in the Mineral Kit and absolutely love all the products!!! I actually get great coverage by building it a little bit but I do not have to touch up throughout the day. I have used BE in the past and this is 10x better! I have gotten so many compliments since I have been using this make-up. The jar is great with the closeable slot so that the powder does not spill everywhere! I highly recommend to anyone who is frustrated with BE or any other mineral make-up. It is a little expensive but it is worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Yay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My color selection was off. I ordered the color Real Sand from online. While still light, it's maybe a full shade too dark for me, but that's because I'm incredibly pale with warm tones. I kept the product because I thought I'd use it with fake tanner. Still, this shade is not for me. What I can say is that the quality is amazing, and when you have it on - even the incorrect shade - it's undetectable. The tub is a veeeery generous size, I was surprise how much there actually is. That's good because I would go through smaller powder pots quickly, and it's annoying to remember to order and pay shipping charges every couple of months. Anyway, I understand the hype with this product. I recommend the shade Real Sand for people with medium, warm skin tones, and to err on the pale side when ordering.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Pendoline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Having tried many of the brands of mineral foundations out there, I have found Laura Mercier, once again, to be the best. Her powders offer excellent, natural-looking, flawless coverage, and have an SPF of 15. She also offers the pale-pinkish tone I am looking for. The only thing that stopped me using this excellent foundation was a return to her tinted moisturiser.