August 30, 2014 | 1783 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Consider buying this only if U R an EXPERT in liquid eyelining art and u wanna save some money ..Trust me U cannot practice or experiment liquid eyelining with this thing...

Dries out in seconds ...So if we make a mistake it becomes extremely difficult to remove .

Very cheap ( WnW as always ) ...Costs around U.S $ 3 ... And it's quite pigmented ...But I'm not a pro in liquid eyelining art ...So not for me ! A few more dollars and i'll buy a good one like L'oreal intense liquid lineur or Revlon colorstay...

And the tip is really Pointy !!! Feels like we are drawing with a Sharp Pencil.

It is not only ' H2O proof 'as they claim , to me it's also 'makeup remover proof ' !!!
Mine has already gone to the trash...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by siyang2

So this product really does what it's supposed to. It is definitly waterproof and smudge proof. However here are the cons:

- takes forever to dry
- if you don't let it dry and you have multiple eyelid folds (like most asians eyelids) when you open your eyes it will go all over your eyelid ruin your makeup and is impossible to remove
- smells like a chemical experiment gone wrong
- burns and stings my eyes

So other than the above cons, you get what you paid for, for this product. I definitly recommend the non-waterproof one it's 100 times better! Trust me. No way am I repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by pixelpanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The staying power of this eyeliner is truly amazing! It really is water, grease, and smudge-proof once it dries. But the staying power is just way too much! I haven't actually used this on my eyes yet, 'cos I'm too scared to put it anywhere near my face!

I bought this at Walgreen's and it was my 1st liquid eyeliner (in a bottle). When I got home, I swatched it on the back of my hand to see the texture, color, etc. It took at least 30 seconds to dry, which is too long for me to wait. I really liked how the color was an opaque black, not transparent like some others. I rubbed the eyeliner for a good 15 seconds after it had dried, and was surprised to see that it DID NOT smudge!

But when I went to wash it off my hand an hour later, it wouldn't wash off! I used regular soap, an oil-free eye makeup remover, and then I used some oil from the kitchen to try and dissolve it. Still to no avail. This thing stayed on until the next day, and it faded a bit after tons of scrubbing in the shower. I finally used my DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil to remove (I got it in the mail that day!) the last bit of residue, but even with this, I had to rub it in pretty hard.

Bottom line: I'd suggest you only use this if you have an industrial strength eye makeup remover or if you don't mind rubbing your eyes until their raw and sore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by boise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my eyeliner!!! I can't help my self of how much I looooove this eyeliner. IT didn't irritate my eyes like other products do, didn't flake, or smudge, or crease or anything!!! It does what it says, stays on long for hours even after a day of sweat addition to my oily lids my liner is still on. and for 4 bucks, you can't beat that!!! I am kinda skeptic of W'nW products, but so far this is my all time favorite liner from both department and drug store liners. Its a great buy, I just with they would come up with more colors ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by auramei

I have oily eyelids, so finding a long-lasting liquid eyeliner is crucial for my everyday routine. With that said, this liquid eyeliner does not perform as well as I'd hoped. I hate it. It strongly smells like chemicals, and it smudges and runs throughout the day. On top of that, it burns my eyes and makes me tear every time I wear it! Two words: No good. I will NOT buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lindaisaweirdo

I really really really really REALLY wanted to like this eyeliner. When they say waterproof, they MEAN WATERPROOF. I was in the pool all day, took a shower, and had soapy water running all over my face. It stayed on, even with me rubbing my eyes constantly to get the water off my face.

However, it BURNS MY EYES LIKE HELL. I dont know what they put in it, but when it is wet, it BURNS. When it dries, it doesnt burn so much... but i usually wear waterproof makeup only in pools because i am clumsy with application and this eyeliner just doesnt do it for me. OH ANOTHER THING. It's best to really practice using this eyeliner before putting it on because if you make a mistake, you will take forever fixing it. I suggest buying the normal, nonwaterpoof one because it's easier to take off and has the same brush. :D (the nonwaterproof one also burns my eyes. i guess i am just sensitive to a product used in wet n wild. and it's not just me; i know a lot of people who are sensitive to this eyeliner as well).

all in all, great WATERPROOF eyeliner if your eyes can stand it. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by CatEyedBabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I HATE this product! I usually love all the Wet 'n' Wild products, but this one is absolutely horrible! I bought it thinking it would be just like all their other liquid liners, but waterproof. It is really waterproof, like it says, so waterproof that it took me forever to get it off! As batqueen noted below about how hard it was to get off of her hand, she is telling the truth! I had to scrub my poor lid to get this off! It also is heavily scented. When you first open it up, it's very liquid-y. And, over a week or so, it gets very clumpy and sticky. This has been the worst liquid liner I've ever used!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by batqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll admit right off the bat that I've never actually used this product on my eyes. I bought it--along with a few non-waterproof Wet 'n' Wild liquid liners--on a whim because I was interested in trying the liquid liner look.

As soon as I got home, I tore into the packages and did a few test lines on the back of my hand to see how each color looked. This liner was a bit watery at first, even though I'd given the bottle a good shake prior to opening it, but I found that after closing the bottle and shaking it for a good two minutes, I did get a decently pigmented line.

Pleased with the test results from all three liners, I went to wash my hand. The two non-waterproof liners came off easily with just water, but the H2O proof liner held fast.

"Great!" I thought, "It really is waterproof!". I dried my hand and reached for my eye makeup remover (Rimmel Gentle Eyemakeup Remover). I poured some on a cotton ball and swiped it over my hand. The liner didn't budge. I rubbed. The liner didn't come off at all. I rubbed even harder. Nothing.

I thought, "Okay, maybe I need something oily to break this stuff up.". I grabbed my bottle of jojoba oil (which has always been wonderful for removing waterproof mascara). I put a few drops on my hand and started massaging it in, expecting to see the liner dissolve. Again, nothing. I attacked it with a cotton ball with more jojoba oil on it. STILL nothing.

In the end, I actually had to scrub the back of my hand with a Scotch Brite pad to get the damn liner off; leaving my hand sore and red.

After that, there was absolutely no way I was going to put this stuff on my delicate eyelids. If using this liner means I'd have to scrub my eyes with a heavy duty pot scrubber at the end of the day, I'd just as soon skip it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was surprised to see all the negatives for this eyeliner. I have purchased several tubes of the black and so far I have been very happy with it. I use this as well as the jetset and several of malley's long lasting eyeliners and when I really want a crisp line I go to this. I love the applicator because it allows me to get in close to my eyelashes and again keep the line crisp. The black is highly pigmented and it stays on until I take it off. I still use the jetset for my inner eye because that works so well as well. I find with this you have to have a very steady hand, but I have never had problems fixing a mistake with a cotton swab nearby.

**EDIT** color me converted to the negative side. I ended up tossing this out. While yes, its very pigmented and leaves a very crisp line.........it also glued my lashes together. I was finding myself combing combing combing after I applied this and they STILL stuck together. As well, I started seeing some really unflattering darkening under my eyes about 6 hours later. I will stick to my jetset.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by starfirelena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this product so much. I am a student in my teen years and this product just STINKS. It's the second liquid eyeliner I've ever used... I used the elf one with the same packaging as this. I hated that one as well and the brush was horrible on that. Then, I bought this and found it to have the same brush. It's so stiff, it's so hard applying a consistent line with it. It's extremely sticky and takes a long time to dry. I am Asian and my eyelid folds up where eyeliner usually rests so most of the time my eyeliner gets smeared. That was the case with the elf liner however this liner not only smears and overs half my lid but it also sticks my lids together! Even when I close my eyes, the eyeliner is still gluing my lid together by the folds. I am extremely annoyed at that because I have to pull my eyelid by my lashes to get it to separate. It's extremely sticky when you apply too much but with the stiff brush, you don't have a choice but to either not have a line or have a wayyy too dark line.
And like everyone says, this product is to waterproof that I have to scrape my eyelids to even get it off!
I give it 2 lippies because it does do the purpose of being waterproof but there are SOOO many things wrong with it!