August 20, 2014 | 1046 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Does anyone else here use sunscreen on a daily basis? I, for one, couldn't figure out at which point to put on my Sofina sunscreen, so I just applied it after my Cerave lotion (as usual), waited 10 minutes (as usual), then applied a pea-sized dab of the Philosophy stuff. Then I waited the requisite 2 minutes (maybe even longer) before putting on any makeup.

Unlike others, I did not find that my foundation went on more easily with this stuff. I had an especially hard time with my Neutrogena Skin Clearing liquid, which went on very patchy, streaky and hard to blend (but then, it usually is this way). I had a slightly easier time with Revlon Colorstay Active, (but I usually do). In any case, foundation was sticking to my skin in a way that made it hard to blend evenly with my fingers. I ended up having to use a flocked sponge to smooth everything out, which was time-consuming and annoying Perhaps the texture of the sunscreen (which tends to be drying) messes with this primer? The texture of this primer was smooth and not as slippery and silicone-y as I was expecting, more like a creamy moisturizer. It left my skin looking...the same. I also found that my makeup wore off at about the same rate as when I don't use a primer. This didn't help "lock in" my moisturizer or provide much protection against the elements (my poor face is still flaky). On the plus side, it smells nice (sorta fresh and light) and comes in a squeeze tube. I wouldn't repurchase--it's merely an additional and unnecessary step in my routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont like this product at all. It doesnt do anything to even out my complexion( my skin is slightly ruddy around my nose and cheeks). I still have to use makeup and i when i tried to apply my foundation it didnt spread, just stayed like spackle in the same place! And i did wait at least 15 minutes to allow the clear makeup to set in my skin. Will not re-purchase because it does nothing for my skin. Waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by dissed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

*complains* When did this stuff hit the market, and why wasn't I informed? I'm 50 and I have pretty good skin. I slapped on the usual pea-sized portion of Present Clear with a skeptical fingertip. One minute later, I discovered that I now have perfect skin. As in, perfect. No foundation, no nuthin'. I know what all my friends are getting for Christmas . . . or not. I could make them jealous, instead.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by kaylaann

I love this primer! I have tried a couple primers but was a little wary of this one because it contains silicone and I was worried about breaking out from it. I have used this product for about 4 months and I haven't broken out at all from using it (in fact I have been completely clear skinned for the past 3 months). I use a pea sized amount of this after I apply my moisturizer and before my foundation. I only apply a pea sized amount to my whole face and I let it dry for about 3-5 minutes. This stuff helps fill in any uneven texture I have- it smooths everything out and my makeup glides on so evenly. It makes my makeup application enjoyable instead of frustrating. I will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by nalasambi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

excellent primer, it leaves my skin soft and does not clog my pores.I use this under my MMU (LilyLoLo) and it is a perfect base
I prefer it to the SB primer, or the Clarins instant smooth
The product is not cheap at £20, but it will last a long time, and is easier to use than the very unpractical SB pump bottle

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by wendiii

WOW! I don't know how I ever lived without this product.... I am usually the type of person who will not walk out the door without some sort of powder or foundation on my face because my face is just full of problems (acne, red splotches, etc etc)... but with the Present, I can just slap it on and walk out the door! It really makes my skin looked airbrushed and smooth! One thing I did notice about it was that it kinda made me look a bit paler? Anybody else have this experience? Maybe I'm just paranoid that I'm losing my tan from the summer... but I do look a little lighter when I use this product... but for pretty much perfect airbrushed skin... it's something I'd gladly trade :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I have used this for over ayear now. It is my favorite primer. A little bit goes a long way and a container of it lasts forever!!!!! Difinately a keeper!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Cymbaline

I love the way my skin looks with this product on. If you can imagine what I'm describing. I put it on after using Hope in a Jar and let it set for two minutes (as instructed) come back and my skin looks softer, small skin problems seem to have disappeared and my skin looks smooth.

I can almost say I could wear just this and no base and feel great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by parvastella22

I love this product. It helps my skin look airbrushed and the feel is very wonderful. I use this under matte powder and a but of tinted moisturizer. I don't use any foundation but this cream helps shrink my pores and moisturize my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 8:22:00 AM More reviews by selleng

I really like this product for humid summers in GA. It cuts the shine and minimized pores well. It can be applied under or over makeup, so I don't have to start the makeup process all over again to go out at night. It's the first of its kind that doesn't clog pores or break me out even though my skin is sensitive and highly susceptible to hormonal, cystic acne. The mattifying effect lasts for 3 to 4 hours. You must reapply at least once during the day which is the only negative I have found. Even though a small amount goes a long way -- tube lasts forever -- I have repurchased once which is a tribute to how long I have enjoyed it.