April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by hayleysurley

after looking at all the reviews i really wanted this to be my miracle product. i wanted this to (for me) replace oatmeal masks. but it didnt. it felt nice enough and smothed my skin a bit but really didnt help my pimples and wasnt anything special. just in case i have decided to use this for one week but so far nothing special. just a alright mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by kerish345

This is just day too of my experimen
Ingredients: Juice of 1 carrot(half is just as good for a thicker formula)
1 tablespoon Yogurt( I got non fat bcus it was teh cheapest and I didnt notice until I got home )
1 tablespoon sour cream.
Optional: lemon juice to help improve the brightening power.
Mix!! refridgerate:
I use it as a moisturizer at nights following my serum and during the day when I am home.
Could be used as a mask as well
My skin looked bright and toned in 1 day !
N.B another method is to boil ,mash and combine carrots with other ingredients,,,,this works best for a mask

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by BolshoiBallerina

I really wanted this to work, MUA, I really did. The reviews were glowing and I thought that this would be my best bet for a hydrating mask. I read all the reviews and decided on my weapon of choice: full fat, organic Stonyfield yogurt from Whole Foods. This stung and irritated my sensitive skin on first contact but I decided to power through. Bad decision. I broke out into a rash the next day. I was hoping for a cheaper replacement for my Korres yogurt mask, but it just wasn't meant to be. YMMV I guess. MUA-ers with sensitive skin: if this didn't work for you, try the Korres. It's pricey but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or break me out. It has all the benefits of the yogurt mask (hydrated, glowy skin) without the burning.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by FillerbunnyBuddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Yogurt is a little gem of a beauty secret. Mix it with a bit of flour to thicken it if you don't want it to drip everywhere at first. It cools your skin and leaves it luxuriously soft. Cleopatra knew what she was doing by bathing in milk! Great to calm the redness of acne and it helps soothe the pain of waxing also. All for petty change! Try this, what have you got to lose?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love using yogurt as a face mask! I use a plain, full fat yogurt from Whole Foods...a big tub of their brand yogurt was less than $2. They also sell plain yogurt in tubs at Target I know, in the grocery section, so it's pretty easy to find if you have a Target near you.

So for me, yogurt is awesome. My skin tends to get red, and I have dry cheeks that will cause breakouts, I guess from my skin being so dry there? Definitely not from oil. But anyway, I like using yogurt as a mask because it cools my skin down tremendously, feels amazing, very soothing and leaves my skin even in tone and the lactic acid in it eats up the dry skin! It's just awesome.

I've tried putting honey in the yogurt a few different times, but found that my skin would start to tingle, itch, burn...and left my cheeks a bit red after rinsing off. I've also had this problem using avocado on my face (except even more so with the avocado). SO I think if you have sensitive skin like me, humectants aren't such a great thing to mix with the yogurt.
However, I've had no problems whatsoever just using the yogurt plain by itself. If you get the full fat yogurt, it will stick to your face pretty well- no drippiness! Just be sure it's patted down with your hand so nothing's hanging off and it shouldn't drip.

It may sound funny but I even applied my yogurt mask to my face this morning before working out to a workout dvd and it stayed on fine! I only do a light 20 minute workout in the morning so not sweating very much, but the yogurt stayed put. I did wait about 5 minutes before starting so the yogurt had time to dry a bit. I'm sure I looked ridiculous but when I was done, and rinsed off my face, my skin was calm, even and a bit glowy! I love you yogurt mask...

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this mask! I use organic greek yogurt with alittle bit of lemon juice. I use the mask once a week and leave it on for 10 minutes. The first time I tried this I was amazed. I have blackheads on my nose that no product has ever been able to remove, but this mask just made them disapear! I love love love this mask. Its cheap and easy. I would totally recommend this to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by loveisthatyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As everyone has said, this is a pretty good mask.
I love it's versatility

FACE:
it definitely made my skin a lot smoother
my foundation went on a lot nicer (:

CHEST:
sometimes i break out on my chest =and i started using it there as well.
and one week i noticed it was getting irritated.
but the yogurt mask calmed it down and prevented a break out!

LEGS:
this is my favorite part!!
i have really bumpy, dry legs with ingrown hair up the wazoo for years.
but after using this mask just the first time, i noticed it was a lot smoother.
i've used it on my legs a total of 3-4 times now,
and my legs feel so so buttery smooth!!

i just smooth a nice layer over my legs,
wash it off..
lather up some body wash, and gently exfoliate with a pumice stone.
and whoa la! smooooth!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by moony88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, i've never done plain yogurt alone as a mask before but what I did was mix 1 tablespoon of plain natural yogurt with 1 tablespoon of pulverized regular oatmeal with 1 teaspoon of manuka honey umf 15. And this combo is AMAZING! I just did it once and the blackheads on my nose was GONE. Okay, maybe i'm exaggerating but honestly, after I left the mask on for 20 minutes, I gently buffed it and scrubbed it away with water and once everything was removed, I could feel my nose was all gritty. And all I did was gently scratch my nose with minimal pressure and all those blackheads and whiteheads just came out! I can't really comment on other stuff like reducing redness or acne because i've only used it once but it definitely didn't break me out. I'm looking forward to do this mask again :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

i had drained plain yogurt in a sifter, (a paper towel at the bottom) so all the wet stuff came out, and the yogurt is more better to work with, not drippy..perfect texture

leaving it in the fridge, and just putting the cold mask on feels so nice
and it leaves my skin looking bright n clean afterwards..probably my fav homemade masks, its so easy and feel refreshing on

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjanson

I've got BLACKHEADS, I've always had friggin' blackheads; inherited for life, no matter what I do. So I was truly, honestly, absolutely shocked to see such a difference in my appearance after just 1 mask. I've used oil absorbing masks all my life and I've never had such results as with the yogurt for blackheads.

This is what I did: in the evening, on a lark, I smeared on 2 TBS of Stonyfield plain organic "creamy top" yogurt (just because that's what I happen to eat) and laid down for 10 minutes (with cucumber slices on the eyes, ooh la la) and pretended to meditate. Washed it off with cleanser to make sure it all came off (because there is bacteria in the yogurt, after all). The next morning I exfoliated with St. Ives "Invigorating" Apricot Scrub because I wasn't keen on the filmy layer still left on the skin from the yogurt. Then I looked in the mirror for the first time. Holy cow. The usual dozens of black dots are greatly, greatly reduced.

Now, here's the thing. The gunk in the pores was still there (did habitual OCD extractions to find out) but the blackheads' surface was much diminished both in size and color. This is friggin' amazing to me. I didn't expect much results but between the reduced appearance of the blackheads and the exta smooth skin, I am very impressed. In fact, I didn't know how smooth my skin could be before this - and without causing redness the way acidic peel masks do.

I really think the key is to use a scrub the next morning. That's the next step. The lactic acid from the yogurt does it's magic and then you buff off the loosened junk.

I'm going to follow other girls' advice and only use this once a week. I can't wait to do it again. I haven't been this excited over a beauty treatment in years!

P.S. Paula Begoun says yogurt has not been proven to improve skin and may even cause acne. Use with caution, I guess, but personally I have to differ.

31 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No