October 1, 2014 | 1809 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by loveemusiic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

actually works. I was kind of skeptical at first to try it, because i have acne-prone skin and i was afraid i might break out. But after i tried it my skin felt alot smoother and it looked brighter plus the yogurt also toned down some redness. I bought plain greek yogurt and put it on with a foundation brush then left it on for about 15 minutes. Also i noticed that some of the small bumps on my face are gone..i dont know if its from the yogurt, but it could be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

I put some lemon juice drops in it like the below reviewer said it gave my pimples a tingling sensation. My face is very oily usually when I wake up it is very oily but when I woke up this morning after the yogurt mask it was soft not oily. Impressed. I think I will put more lemon to whiten my face I have a lot of discoloration. By the way I think the best way to do this is with regular non flavored yogurt. Not the flavored kind you eat.!! Very cheap natural way for great skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Here is my recipe for a great night mask:
one tsp of 10% organic yogurt, two drops of virgin olive oil, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Even though you feel you could put that mixture on a fancy salad, it gives great results: my skin is moisturized, my pores less visible and it gives a great glow.
I use it at night after my usual routine, and before moisturizing for the night.
It DOES leave a slight oily feeling even after you rince thoroughly but i don't mind. In fact, I dont wipe anything with a towel, because it would also remove natural skin protection and my skin is sensitive.

VOILA!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT (11.07.2011):

I don't use this anymore because it made me break out! I am lactose intolerant and it's become worse over the last few months, and I think even milk products on my face make my body unhappy, so I can't use this anymore. Downed lippies to 2. Original review below.

-------------------------------------------------------

Overall: 5

Price: 1 (SUPPPERRRR CHEAP)

Packaging: 3 (big tub, in the fridge)

Buy again: Yes

-------------------------------------------

I've read about using yogurt as a mask for several years, but I never got around to actually using it that way because I would forget, or end up eating the yogurt instead! I was wanting a mask that would hydrate, soften, and cleanse my skin without all the harsh ingredients and price tags. I remembered reading about this mask, so I decided to finally give it a shot, and I'm so glad I did!

My skin: Combination/oily, prone to acne during stress and hormones (am currently taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for that). Olive skin tone, NC30-35. My skin is smooth, but it could be more refined, and I want my pores to be smaller.

My experience: I took a spoonful of yogurt and put it into a small dish that would be easier to work with, and applied the plain yogurt (I used fat-free because it was on sale) thickly with a clean foundation brush. I applied all of the spoonful with a very thick layer on my face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.

It feels very cooling and refreshing on the skin since the yogurt is so cold, but it feels really good! The good thing about this mask is that you can use it a few times a week and it won't hurt your skin, like if you'd used store-bought masks more than once a week. The lactic acid in the yogurt gently exfoliates and clears the dead skin, sebum, and bacteria in your skin without overdrying and over-doing it.

I let it sit basically until it starts smelling like it's gone kind of rancid and then I rinse it off. My skin immediately feels cool, and plumped up, and smooth. My complexion looks visibly brighter, and calmer. I've noticed actually a refinement in the pore size and the appearance (or rather a lack of) of acne particularly in the chin area. It also helps to fade marks left over from acne.

I highly recommend this mask! Worst case scenario: if you don't like it, eat it!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by JunglistAna

Ive read about this mask a couple years back but was sure it wouldnt work so I never gave it a chance. But the last few months, my skins just been horrid, and I was getting desperate. While on MUA I stumbled upon the reviews for this again and decided to give it a try. Ive been applying it (With added lemon and lime drops) for the last 6 days every night for around 30 mins or more (While I do homework or watch TV) and I completely regret not trying this before. My skins SO much more better now! Im super pleased with the results. Before I had lots and I mean lots of small forehead pimples everywhere and around 6 big ones that where painful. Now, more than 95% of the small pimples are gone (I only have a small bit that should clear up soon), and smooth skin in its place, and the big painful ones are also gone (Just slight blemishes that will hopefully clear up soon too), Im so so so happy I tried this. Its organic, natural, cheap, and very effective! It cleared up my acne, reduced oil, reduced redness, and made my skin feel so much more smoother and better. I will definetely continue doing this!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I understand the rationale behind putting yogurt on your face. I like the idea of a no chemical, natural beauty treatment. I love the price, the fact that it is right there in the fridge whenever I am ready. What I could NOT stand was the smell. I don't eat yogurt, it sort of gags me, and the smell is not very pleasant to me either. Having it spread all over my face was not a nice experience. After about two minutes I had had enough and ran to wash it off before it made me throw up.

I think I will stick to the organic honey mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by gudruncaffrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always thought putting food on my face was just a gimmick. Hello! Yogurt. Plain full-fat, already in my fridge so what the hey, I'll try it.

LOVELY.

A heaping tablespoon. 10-15 minutes. Very nice, soft and cool skin. Will do this regularly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I have sensitive normal/combo oily skin which reacts to most skincare products on the market, which is why I always go natural when it comes to skincare masks. I use natural probiotic low fat yogurt (whatever you use, make sure it's natural) and have no problems with it dripping off my face. It's very runny in texture, but does not drip at all.

I use 1 tablespoon of yogurt and apply on my face with a clean foundation brush, leave it on for 20-30 mins and rinse off. My skin feels very soft and plump immediately after washing off. I don't think yogurt does much in 'healing' blemishes, but it will soothe them, which is nice if you have any painful cystic spots around that time of the month!
It's the lactic acid in the yogurt which soothes any irritation or blemishes. It's also what helps soften the skin.

You can add other ingredients like lemon (if you want a soothing skin lightening mask), honey (if you're having problems with blemishes) or olive oil (if you want some extra skin hydration) and so on to your yogurt mask for some extra pampering.

Overall I do not think this is a miracle worker, but it does work well and will give you nice, soothed, smooth skin. I do a yogurt mask 3 times a week on average, but you can do it however many times a week you want. Best thing is - it's cheap and natural. What's not to like?!

NOTE: If you are allergic to dairy products or alpha and beta hydroxy acids, don't use yogurt as a mask. If it burns or pains your skin in any kind, this shows you have an allergy or sensitivity to the yogurts active ingredients & live cultures. So make sure you rinse it off ASAP and don't use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by makeup_lover6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I've been eating yogurt for years and love it to, I never knew it could do so much for your skin!! I had alot of small red pimples around my mouth and chin and was looking for natural solutions as my skin is sensitive and topical creams from the dermatologist are usually too harsh:( I saw the yogurt mask and was veryy interested! I tried it right away and WOW it does work! It looks funny when its on your face and expecially when it dries- your skin is completely white. Also kinda smells bad (because its yogurt). But after washing it off and waiting probably about 10 mins, wow my skin looked so refreshed and redness was definetly reduced! Areas where my skin was already clear (under my eyes & cheeks) looked incredible! I love the yogurt mask and keep doing it almost every night <3
Heres what I do: Mix about one spoon of yogurt with honey (to moisturize and make it stick more) and slather it on (it like it more on the thicker side). I keep it on from 30 mins to an hour depending on how much time I have. Then wash off with warm water.
Im so glad I discovered this mask, its amazing & not to mention 100% natural :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

As a DIY beauty lover, I don't know WHY I waited so long to try this out! I am hooked! I tried this yesterday with low fat yogurt from Wholefoods ($3) and left it on my face for about 30 minutes. After I washed it off, my face felt so clean, soft, moisturized, and bright! I didn't feel anything "filmy" like other reviewers had mentioned and I didn't need to wash my face again. I just put a thin layer of coconut oil and my skin is loving it!!!

I also LOVE the fact that the yogurt comes from the fridge and is NICE AND COLD going on the face. I thought how perfect it would be to apply this after a nice run or yoga, since I tend to get the red/flushed face. Love it and am hooked!!! Thanks again MUA.