August 30, 2014 | 1158 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So many highlighters, so little time to use them all up!

I had never been bothered by Albatross despite the hype, MAC's By Candlelight has been my highlight of choice for some time now (despite this I seem to have a disturbing number of highlighting products) but I had a 20 N.centive for Space NK and couldn't see anything else that tickled my fancy so I bought into this for a whole 50p.

The sheen this leaves on my skin is beautifully delicate and it's a great highlight for eyes and brow making eyes look bright and awake. This is one of those products that make you see how you could streamline your makeup bag and save yourself a fortune.

I do love this highlighter but I'm not sure I'd buy it again, you use so little powder that it is unlikely I would need to any time soon but if I find myself in the same situation where it will only cost me 50p then I might just do it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by nicoleh619

Absolutely gorgeous golden sheen! I'm a mac nc50/ bobbi brown warm almond and this looks amazing on my skin tone. I dust it lightly on cheekbones, forehead, bridge of nose and give it a few mins to settle with my facial oils it looks beautiful. You will not be disappointed!! Pricey worth every penny :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

My most favourite highlighter ever!
I usually apply this on the triangle below my eyes, the inner corner of my eyes.
Extremely pricey, but I find it worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by jessicawong57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i usually hate ashy white products butthis is so beautiful works for everyone

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Beachblonde2986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this highlighter!! I'm always on the lookout for products that leave my face glowing and gorgeous. Albatross did just that. It looks very white in the package, but leaves a sheen golden glow on the skin. It literally makes my face look radiant and glowing. I have received numerous compliments on my skin since I've been using it. A little bit goes a looong way. You won't need to buy this again for many many years. I apply it on top of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and under my eyebrows. Thanks nars for another fabulous product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The highlighter is absolutely gorgeous. The powder is very finely milled which gives your cheeks a beautiful sheen. It appears white but it shows up as a golden sheen. It's perfect for the summer! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by makeupLOVER92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely gorgeous! I've been using this for 2 months now. It's very pigmented. A little of this is all you need. I love how this gives me such a nice glow, not too much, just perfect. I would use this on my tear ducts and my cheeks. I get compliments all the time :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by hummingbird5

This gives me what no foundation has ever been able to: G-L-O-W. In my 50s, no less! I apply with a natural dark hair bronzer brush. The powder is easy to see on the brush, and therefore easy to control. I sweep this very lightly over my temples, cheekbone, jawline--the aforementioned cursive "E." And a little across the bridge of my nose. After foundation and blush. As others have written, it doesn't shimmer all silvery and metallic and fishscale-like. It doesn't accentuate pores; in fact, on the contrary - it blurs and refines. The first product for which I live in fear of discontinuation. Pleeease, Mr. Nars, keep making this miraculous stuff.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by MaNDiiB00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this highlighter. the golden hues look so gorgeous on my yellow undertones. i also use this under my brow and tearducts. very pretty highlighter!!! =] you can wear this alone and it still look great! i like to pair this with laguna and orgasm and im set for the day! =] LADIES DEFINATELY PICK THIS ONE UP!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by ariellephan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Golden hue and a bit shimmery. it doesn't blend really well on my dry combination skin. It looks ridiculous on my cupid bow because of the yellowish tone. Under the brow it looks ok. On top of the cheek and under the eyes it looks again, too yellowish and shimmery. My skin is NC30 and it still looks, overall, too yellow!

If I hadn't thrown away the package I would have returned it to Sephora.

*A sweet girl on MUA has sent me a tip that you can actually return w/o box. Thanks so much Hanhee! However I decided to keep this item as it actually looks good for nightouts where bolder colors and highlights are needed.