NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 9/6/2011 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Bought this a few days ago and am not disappointed. Its such a natural subtle sheen that I cant stop looking at my face in the mirror! I look like Im carrying a candle around with me giving me a permanent 'glow'. I have about 5 highlighters and this wins hands down. I look like ive spent my whole life eating nothing but veg as someone else pointed out it looks like it gives a glow from within. I also love NARS packaging due to the amount of times I have dropped my Orgasm blush and the rubber feel packaging has stopped it breaking.

on 9/6/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had to order this highlighter off Ebay because I am not willing to pay the ridiculous price from Australia. Have to say, this is beautiful and well worth the wait for shipping. It gives off a gorgeous golden glow and really helps to define the cheek bones. It is an off white color, which does look a bit scary in the pan but when applied to the high points of the face it really helps to give your face definition. I normally like to use a cream highlighter but I would buy this 100 times if I had to, I love it.

on 8/30/2011 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this highlighter! Ive been researching highlighters for a little while now, and a lot of them where just....eh, pretty much white on my skin...like chalk. gross right!? lol
Well ive read many rave reviews about Albatross, so I decided to give it a try since I love their blushes any how.
It looks white in the pan, especially when you swatch it, but when you blend it, it gives a very very pretty gold shimmer, not overwhelming though! Don't worry you wont look like a fairy!
Im sure it would look great on lighter skin, but im (nc40/MUFE 153) and i love this on my tan skin!!!!!
my new HG!

on 7/31/2011 11:43:00 AM

The best highlighter I ever used (I bought it based on the reviews here). As another poster said below, a little is great for everyday/ work... then you can add more for night time.

This can be used on and around eyes too, as well as the chest and neck area.

What sets Albatross aside from other highlighters is the fine gold in it, instead of silver. The gold colour seems to be a true neutral and would work well warm & cool as well as dark & light skin.

Overall: Love it and highly reccommend.

on 7/9/2011 12:10:00 AM

Albatross is the hands-down best highlighter I have used. It is costly, but it is very pigmented and absolutely gorgeous on my skintone. Albatross also lasts all day without fading away for me. It's not extremely obvious but gives a nice subtle glow. One of my everyday products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a product I use almost every day -- it gives my skin a lovely golden, dewy glow that really brightens up my face. Very finely milled, easy to put on with my MAC 187 brush. I usually put it on the top of my cheekbones over my NARS Orgasm blush, they compliment each other really well.

NARS' unfortunate packaging means that the outside quickly becomes "dirty", otherwise the packaging itself is sturdy and simple. The price is ridiculous in New Zealand so I bought mine for half the price over eBay.

My favourite highlighter, look forward to using it every time! Can definitely recommend.

on 6/30/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

GREAT STUFF! Adds the perfect glow to my skin. I add a little bit to my face for the work look and I add more when I am going out for a party. Makes my skin look great in pictures. However, I prefer this more as a party look and I use the SB shimmerlights highlighter as my every day makeup

on 6/17/2011 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I did my research before buying,but I just did not like this on my NW44 skin. It's too over the top for me.

on 6/1/2011 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

At first glance Albatross looks freakishly white in the pan, but once on the skin it turns into a golden sheen. If over applied it leaves a metallic almost green toned sheen to my face though. The texture is very smooth and velvety so glides onto the skin effortlessly. However for the price I expect more from a highlighter - it's nothing special and definately not worth the price! Lasting power is not so good at all either. I will not repurchase.

on 5/28/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

NARS Albatross highlighter (0.16 oz for $27 usd) is a sheer golden sheen highlighter. Albatross looks very white in the pan but it applies very sheer and light adding a nice subtle warm tone. The golden shimmers are very finely milled and look natural on a skin. Albatross creates a pretty natural sheen on the cheeks without looking too harsh like Mac mineralize highlighter that I have use. There is no perfume or scent in the blush and the product comes in a black rubber rectangular package. If you are looking for a natural highlighter with a touch of a golden sheen, Albatross might be the one of you.

Top Rated NARS Products