NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 4/24/2011 3:04:00 AM

Exactly what I was looking for in a highlighter: a little bit of a sheen when it hits the light where I apply it. More golden than cool (I'm very fair), and doesn't look frosty or glittery. Can't live without it!

on 4/19/2011 8:08:00 PM

I never knew I needed highlighter until I used this stuff... it makes my skin look amazing! I prefer this over cream/liquid highlighters because it doesn't move my foundation around and it applies easily with a swipe of my angled brush. Also, for anyone that has issues with their makeup not photographing well, this stuff will bring your face back to life. It has a nice warm, almost pale yellow/golden glow that complements NARS Laguna very well. As for the price, it seems expensive, but as with all NARS products, a little bit goes a long way and I get the feeling that it will take a very long time to hit pan.

on 4/18/2011 8:43:00 PM

I love highlighters, and this one was good. However, I felt that it was JUST good. Didn't seem to be anything special to me, because I have a million other highlighters that stand way better than this one. The white hues can be a bit too unnatural, compared to other pink or berry toned highlighters. It is a good highlighter though & photographs beautifully.

on 4/15/2011 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After reading reviews had to try...love the look. When I first put it on I don't notice much of a difference then I move my face around against the light and totally see the difference. It makes my skin glowy...like you see in magazines...even hours later it is there...really makes me look fresh. LOVE IT! I was looking all over for that Kim K glow and finally googled it and found out this is what it is...so if you like her glowy look this will do it for ya.

on 4/14/2011 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I wear this just about everyday. I know its expensive for a highlighter, but it will last forever. I have barely barely made a dent on one corner, and I've had this for about 8 months. Sometimes it looks stark on my skin but I make sure to fully blend on my cheekbones. I've been using Sigmas small tapered brush which works great for highlighting. NC40-42 for reference.

on 3/28/2011 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

NARS Albatross is a highly pigmented, wonderfully blendable highlighter that does a beautiful job and adds dimensional shimmer to any look. However, I personally find most highlighter reviews to be very unhelpful, so I will focus on doing a comparison between NARS Albatross and my other favorite highlighter, MAC Shimpagne. For reference, I'm Asian with NC25-30 skin (I also match to NARS Sheer Glow Santa Fe, Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combo Medium Beige, and MUFE Mat Velvet + in 40):

In my opinion, MAC Shimpagne and NARS Albatross are both high-quality highlighters, but with VERY different characteristics. Shimpagne is almost pure gold-silver shimmer, but is more-or-less easily controllable to give a subtle dimensional look to skin or to simply add shimmer to any area that is too matte for your taste. NARS Albatross, on the other hand, has a lot more white pigment in it. It definitely *highlights*, rather than merely adding shimmer. Depending on your skintone and intentions, this may be more what you're looking for, or it may be overkill for you. Albatross, on the other hand, can be blended out to merely add light, beautiful shimmer as well to any matte-finished area.

Overall, as I originally concluded a while ago, Shimpagne would be a more versatile addition for darker skintones (NC/NW25~N42) while Albatross would be especially suitable for N15-N20/25 skintones.

Price Comparisons:
MAC MSF: $28 for .35 US oz ($80/oz)
NARS: $26 for 0.16 oz ($162.5/oz)
Benefit High Beam & Moonbeam: $24 for 0.45 oz ($53.33/oz)

on 3/21/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love this and I am MAC Nw/Nc 45 and this works amazingly beautiful on my skin..looking at it in the compact would make u have second thoughts about it bc it is soo light.. I think it looks like Gold Member Cream higlighter by NARS once on the skin--Albatross is a tad tiny bit lighter. I do have to buff it in REALLY WELL so that its not just out there on my apples etc...It does fade after a few hours I have noticed but while visible, I LOVE IT!

on 3/16/2011 4:14:00 PM

love this! this may even replace my msf which i didnt think was possible! spendy, but it really does last forever.

on 3/14/2011 7:04:00 PM

Albatross is definetely my favorite highlighter by far! While it's a little white and chalky looking in the pan when applied on the cheekbone and inner corner of the eye it's a beautiful golden color. It works for my skintone all year round and I even use it sometimes as an eyeshadow. Beautiful color, lasts all day, and really illuminates and brightens the face so you're glowing!

on 3/14/2011 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hmm...how should I put this. Albatross makes my skin look like SEX! I am dark skinned NC45 with yellow undertones and I want you all to know I rock this highlighter hard. I use it to highlight my cheekbones, chin, and brown bone. When I wear it I look out of this world...almost like an angel.

I love to pair Albatross with a red lipstick. Yes I will repurchase till they stop making it.

Top Rated NARS Products