September 20, 2014 | 1790 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by LoloDSM

I seem to be in the minority here, but I really like this product. It didn't make me break out, and it covers really well. I only one complaint about this product: I have been using the sponge applicator and I seem to have gone through the product quickly. I intend on getting the make-up brush and see if it lasts longer. The color is great and matches my skin well. I actually like seeing my skin in the car (natural lighting) because it looks so good with this foundation. UPDATE: I bought a foundation brush and it made all the difference. LOVE this foundation! The brush helped it go on smoother without using so much product. Makes my skin look flawless. Will definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by sharpeijowls

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, I won't be buying anymore Bobbi Brown. After reading all the good reviews here on MA, I made a special trip three hours to Dallas (closest place to find her) just to buy her products. The SA applied a few things that I thought looked nice. So $220 later, I'm home again and slowly but surely giving away every single item I purchased, including this Dawn of the Dead foundation. This foundation is just a mess to apply, like smearing grease on your face, and just appears to be a greasy mask, no matter how little you use. Almost Halloween makeup consistancy. If you can stand to leave home in it at all, I hope you live in a cold climate, because Texas melted this little jewel right off of me within 30 minutes - which is the only good thing I can say about Texas heat. I bought the stick foundation and concealer that day too, each of which is its own little nightmare. Out of every BB product I purchased that day, all I've kept is a lipstick and one eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2006 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lost_american516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i'm not sure about this stuff...okay, i have a lot of acne scarring and ugly skin in general, and i was recommended this by the saleslady when i tried to buy the stick foundation by bobbi brown. she color matched me and all that good stuff, and unsure, i went home...so i put it on just about 20 minutes ago, and while the color match is great and it covers everything, it looks really fake, like one of those MAC devotees whose face looks like a grocery store birthday cake. also, i'm wary about these reviews that say beware for the acne-prone/sensitive, which is definitely me. it may just be the powder, but i know i didn't just out too much on, i used a very light hand. another thing, this feels very masky. so i guess it's good for covering things up and the colors, but i'll have to see about the possibly incoming breakout. try it, if you don't like it,you can always get a refund.

<3 kADY

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2006 3:04:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

please, stay away from this if you do not wish to see your makeup melt before your eyes by mid-day.

i dont know about you, but i dont like my face feeling like a oily frying pan and this is exactly what it does!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by abdollmohammadi

I read all the reviews that said people did not like it, but I bought it anyway. At first I did not like it either because it went on too thick and kinda just sat on my face, but then I went back to the BB counter and the gal showed me how to apply it with a make up brush and only put it on the areas that needed some coverage. Now I have to say that I really, really, really love the stuff. I was using the sponge and applying way too much product. Now I use a clean make up brush to apply it. I use such a little bit. I get good coverage and it stays put all day for me. It is worth a try with a make up brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by violetberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also really wanted to love this foundation. I wanted a compact, portable, quick to use version of my Oil-Free Even Finish Liquid Foundation (love that) and thought this would be perfect. I was wrong. When I put it on my skin looked flaky and uneven! It's thick and kind of cumbersome to figure out. It felt very heavy on my face as well. I'd rarely use it and it still got used up way too fast (even though I hated it I still had to get my $$$ worth) So I can't imagine having to use it everyday, I'd have to buy one a month! One last thing, my color is Sand and when I got this crap in that color it looked WAY too ghostly! I don't get it...and I never will...Totally agree with the last review.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2006 4:56:00 AM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

If you like for every pore to be emphasized, or to have a texture much like a character off Tales From The Crypt, not to mention the feeling of Crisco slathered on your face, swing by your local Bobbi Brown counter and pick up this little gem.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2006 9:39:00 AM More reviews by marykimlee1

I really, really wanted to love this product. The finish was beautiful on me... great color match. Yet, after a couple of weeks, I noticed my pores were clogged beyond belief. We're talking major breakout, and once I stopped using the foundation, my skin started looking much better. Acne-prone skinned ladies - beware!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by LLeechok

I have not used this product yet and I was thinking about using it; however, upon reading all the negative reviews about this product breaking people out, I decided to hold off. I love BB stuff and I use her Foundation Stick and just recently purchased her Blemish Concealer stick as well. I have been using MAC Studio Fix for the last few years and I wanted to try something new. Some people noted the Octyl palmitate that is supposed to be the first ingredient in this product. However, I contacted Global Consumer Communications and they sent me a list of the ingredients in BB Compact Foundation. To my surprise, the octyl palmitate that everyone's been talking about is not listed. I have copy and pasted the ingredients for the Compact as follows:

Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation
INGREDIENTS: ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE [] SILICA [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] CETYL
DIMETHICONE [] TRIBEHENIN [] GLYCERETH-8 HYDROXYSTEARATE [] OCTYLDODECANOL
[] ARACHIDYL PROPIONATE [] OZOKERITE [] LAURYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL
DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] SQUALANE [] PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE []
DIMETHICONE [] TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN [] TOCOPHEROL [] [+/- MICA [] TITANIUM
DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

I wonder if BB changed her formula? Anyone try this product recently? continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

Well, I was hoping this would last on me as the SA told me it was more "cream to powder" for my oily skin. Unfortunately, after two hours my face looked like an oil slick. Plus the color turned orange on me (I'm usually between Warm Ivory and Sand in this line). Back to Nordstrom it's going.