E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 5/2/2011 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This thing is amazing! I only use for my eyebrows and this tames them and holds them in place all day and only for $1! I am stocking up when I go to Target!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this. My eyebrows are, thank goodness, very tame. However, this has a crazy thickening effect, even after I take it off, my eyebrows still appear very thick. I am kind of a rebellious tweezer, and very easily go overboard. Often I will have a normal eyebrow and an almost pencil thin eyebrow. If I put the eyebrow mascara on, they look exactly equal. I also put the eyelash mascara on at night. This is the most amazing part. When I wake up, my eyelashes are so much fuller, after I take it off. This is amazing. I am asian, so my lashes are short and stubby, after this I can honestly say that they are at least 4-6 mm, they used to be only 2mm (I've only been using this product for two weeks!). However, it is a little difficult getting EVERY SINGLE bit of mascara off, and sometimes flecks of mascara can get into the clear mascara, but in addition to the blackish flecks and slight coloring in the tube, it works the same.

I want to know it the eyebrows mascara is the same as the eyelash mascara except with a different brush because I would like to finish off the tube on my eyelashes.

I knocked off two lippies just because it is not conditioning at all which seems like it should be a benefit.

on 4/18/2011 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love this stuff! I ALWAYS have to have an eyebrow gel of some sort. I have rebellious brows, and the only way I can look put together is if they are smoothed and shaped :) This does the job!
Normally I would buy the clear version of Great Lash or the clear version of one of the CoverGirl mascaras, but this is cheaper. The others are around $5, while this is $1. There isn't as much product in E.L.F's as there is in the others, but this gel holds a bit better and it is also $4 cheaper. I have to replace them a bit more often, but I'm pretty sure I'm still saving money by sticking to this. I have not used this on my eyelashes, so I can't really comment on that. I just use both formulas on my on my brows because I really can't tell a difference between the two.
Overall, I'm really love the E.L.F. products. Who knew something so cheap could work so well? Love it!

on 4/17/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pretty good stuff. I use this for brows only (both sides, as its the same thing, just difference in brush size). Keeps my brows in place all day until I wash it off. Have to be careful with how much you apply, so I always apply one thin coat and wipe the wand off on a tissue or side of tube otherwise too much product comes out and too much product makes my brows seem a little hard. Has not flaked or been a pain to remove. Would definitely buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Same quality as high end brow mascaras! Love this product. Keeps your eyebrows right where you want them. I put it on my sister and she complained of feeling "stiff", but I don't notice it too much. Not much product, but for one buck, I can't complain.

on 4/16/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

it doesn't work. and once it dries up, it's like a thin layer of glue over my eyelashes! hate it.

on 4/11/2011 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I use both sides as a brow gel, I like the fact it keeps them in place and it doesnt go really hard. It is also really inexpensive so this is a plus. The packaging is simple too.

on 3/28/2011 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this! I use both sides for my brows.. mascara does the trick for my lashes that I just bypass clear mascara.. My brows stay in place and dont stray.. they look sleek allllll day! Yes, if you use this as much as I do, which is everyday, you could run out quickly.. But hey, it's only a dollar so not a big deal in my book at all!

on 3/26/2011 1:04:00 PM

This is a great clear mascara. I have found a couple of uses for this: you can either use it as a base for your mascara to thicken your lashes, and you can use it to tame your brows on days when you don't want to do your eyebrows. I love that the product is split into two sections. When one gets dirty and gross, you just switch over to the other side!

One con is that I find that even just using it on my brows without any other product in them makes the gel murky and dirty after a few uses. That said, there isn't a lot of product in each of the two sections. If used regularly each day, I believe that this entire tube will last you less than a couple of months. In any case, the amount of product doesn't influence my intention to buy it again since it does get dirty and I do not necessarily want to keep using a murky mascara. Therefore, I think the small amount of product is ok in this case. Also, if you manage to get this on sale for 50-60% off, I would suggest stocking up. While ELF has a lot of great sales, their dollar line doesn't get as many sale opportunities as their more expensive mineral and studio lines.

on 3/25/2011 11:37:00 PM

This is a staple product for me, I'll always rebuy this! It's great quality and perfect to use everyday on your brows to make them look more polished and groomed.

The reason I gave this four stars is because the product doesn't last very long. Like I said I did use it everyday but only for a few weeks...both sides of the tube were gone pretty quickly. But it's alright since it's so cheap to repurchase. Love this product.