April 18, 2014 | 2028 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

Terrible terrible terrible. Got this free, used it a couple times, threw it out. It didn't do a single thing for my short, straight lashes, and the bristles are so ungainly that I left marks against my upper eyelid (from me futilely trying to get more product on my lashes). Try CG Professional or LashExact if you want a drugstore mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have heard so many great thing about Great Lash and how so many makeup artists love it. Well, I guess the Waterproof version is not included in this esteemed category. Basically, this stuff sucks. And, it is not even waterproof! After a day of wear at work, I saw smudges under my eyes. Moreover, this product made my lashes stick straight out and there was no curl at all. I had even used my beloved Shu Uemura curler before applying and yet the mascara dragged the curl down and pulled it out. My lashes had no volume either. I felt I had to apply several coats to get any coverage and of course doing so caused a clump situation. I just threw it out. So, it is only Marathon for this girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Neshika

I wonder why this has such a low score? I love this mascara, I only need one coat and my lashes look great all day long. I sometimes try other brands, but end up going back to this one.. I will continue buying this :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara was ok. I uses this first since it was one of the few mascaras that would hold the curl on my eye-lashes. But I wanted something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ILoveGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not much of a mascara girl, but I like it. I just apply one coat since my lashes are pretty long. It's definitely waterproof and hard to take off. Not too bad though. I would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by angel001717

I bought this after reading in Allure about its long-standing popularity. i purchased waterproof instead of the original because of my tendency to tear up at unexpected moments lol. i thought this mascara was fairly average and could have done a better job of living up to my high expectations. perhaps i have not yet fully realised that no product can truly work miracles. i suppose i must either lower my ideals or suffer constant disapointment. Maybe someone out there knows of a product that can restore my faith in cosmetics?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by twistedlogic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I guess you guys were right. This really does next to nothing. I remember liking the non-waterproof Great Lash when I was younger, so I picked this up, thinking it couldn't be that bad. But this must be the most ineffective mascara I've tried in a very long time - doesn't give any length or volume at all. Useless.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2007 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Jesamyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's not great; it's not horrible. I can tell that I am wearing mascara, but there isn't much lengthening or thickening. This lack of effect makes it a great weekend or 'no-makeup' look for me. However, it's definitely not going to become a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by ayzaelia

Horrible horrible. I bought it for it's amazing price but it was a bad judgment call. The mascara itself wasn't that bad. It darkened my lashes and didn't clump but there was little added volume and length. I only tried it twice because that night after removing it with Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover, my right eyelid started puffing up like crazy. I couldn't even see my lash line because it was stuck somewhere under my lid. I was rather worried, but I didn't make the connection until the day after when I just wanted to try it again on my non-afflicted eye, and the same thing happened when i tried to remove it that night. So I ended up with two swollen eyes that did not die down for 4 days. I ended up giving it away. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by socalgirl11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ugh again like everyone else here I tried it because it was featured in Instyle magazine but i wish i hadnt it is horrible! I have long full dark lashes and everyone asks what mascara I am wearing when I am wearing none so i dont need much! This clumped and all I wanted was a little longer looking lashes! It clumps and takes 10 min to get off! All you really want to do is take it off, it makes your lashes feel stiff and generally icky! I have no idea what all the hype about this is!