Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/7/2008 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

looks great, great price, and doesn't smudge (even at the gym).
i won't be using this on a regular basis, because it is too hard to take off-even with good eye makeup remover.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've heard so many great things about this mascara but not one of them turned out to be true. Sure, its probably the blackest mascara in the drugstores but how would you like it if half of it ended up on your lower lashline? That's what happened to me and let me tell you, its not very pretty. I ended up looking like those dreaded raccoons and I most definitely will discard this product right after I get a much better one! =/

I bought this mascara because I was looking for an everyday cheap mascara that holds up well. This did the trick. What I like best about it is the brush. It's very stiff which seems to work best with my super-thick lashes. I could get into all the corners. It did add length and I was able to layer on four coats without getting so much as a clump. What really impressed me was how long it holds up without a single flake. Is this the greatest mascara known to man? oh no. But it is definitely the best mascara under $5 I've ever tried.

on 3/18/2008 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So disappointing! It holds a curl alright, but otherwise.. It clumps terribly and I had smudges under my eyes after wearing it for only a few hours! It's a good thing I didn't pay much for this product because I will not be buying it again.

on 3/16/2008 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is not "great" as it sounds. It is waterproof BUT It clumps if you put on too much, and it is soooooooo hard to take off even with waterproof eye makeup remover. I get undereye dark circles, and this continues for several days even after removing the product. It also made my eyelashes fall off sometimes when overused and the applicator is not very effective. It is one of the cheapest waterproof mascaras out there.

on 2/18/2008 6:55:00 PM

This mascara does absolutely nothing... I've never used such a lacking mascara before! It doesnt lengthen, volumize or anything... totally dislike it!

on 2/14/2008 11:28:00 AM

This is the only mascara that does the job for me. I have straight lashes that I have to curl, and this mascara holds the curl. I have tried all kinds of expensive mascaras and my curl always falls.

on 2/12/2008 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I must say that the Great Lash Mascara Waterproof does the job. I hated regular Great Lash, but I kept hearing about the waterproof version so I tried it out. I have straight lashes which I must curl before I use mascara and this mascara kept my lashes curled all day long. It doesn't clump, smudge or flake. It's not for those who are looking for dramatic effect. It creates 'your eye lashes, but better' look and lasts all day without gettin messy. Personally, I haven't found any negatives that many of the other reviewers have found with this product. I'll buy them again without a doubt. It's one of the cheapest ones out ther and they often on sale.

on 1/7/2008 6:28:00 PM

Terrible terrible terrible. Got this free, used it a couple times, threw it out. It didn't do a single thing for my short, straight lashes, and the bristles are so ungainly that I left marks against my upper eyelid (from me futilely trying to get more product on my lashes). Try CG Professional or LashExact if you want a drugstore mascara.

on 1/7/2008 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have heard so many great thing about Great Lash and how so many makeup artists love it. Well, I guess the Waterproof version is not included in this esteemed category. Basically, this stuff sucks. And, it is not even waterproof! After a day of wear at work, I saw smudges under my eyes. Moreover, this product made my lashes stick straight out and there was no curl at all. I had even used my beloved Shu Uemura curler before applying and yet the mascara dragged the curl down and pulled it out. My lashes had no volume either. I felt I had to apply several coats to get any coverage and of course doing so caused a clump situation. I just threw it out. So, it is only Marathon for this girl.